Chilhood Friend

I'm Not Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan's soccer practice is scheduled every Friday after his class and every Saturday for weekends. He isn't going to clubs now, so Sehun is so grateful and thinks that Minseok—maybe—is a good influence to him. Luhan consumes almost all his non-academic time with his new friend and with soccer—which is with Minseok, too—whilst Sehun spends his weekends with the two couples as usual. The latter doesn't mind—at all—because he knows his bestfriend enjoys the sport and he won't do anything to bother him. But he is jealous—with soccer and Minseok, and the former statement is a half-lie, because yes, he does mind—to say the least—but it will take him time to realize that.

 

 

"Your name doesn't even follow the subject-verb agreement, Yeol," says Kai.

 

It is one Friday afternoon as the sun is beginning to set, and Sehun finds himself at the two couples' house again. Luhan went straight to the campus' football field after his classes, for his soccer practice as Sehun rode on Kai's car to their house. Whether he'll go home later, and come back the next day or sleep over and go home at Saturday evening. It becomes his routine now.

 

Sehun sits at the floor across Chanyeol and Kai, who are sitting lazily at the couch. He is bending over the wooden coffee table at the center as he concentrates dribbling letters on his homework on a minor subject. Kyungsoo is preparing their dinner at the kitchen and Baekhyun gladly volunteered himself to help, saying he doesn't have any paperworks to do.

 

"And what do you know about subject-agreement, huh, Kai-ssi?!" Chanyeol replies in a bit judging tone.

 

Sehun chuckles at the dumb and the dumber. Kai and Chanyeol are arguing on the most trivial things they could muster—again—since they arrived home. He heard them talking about how lizards reproduce. Chanyeol boasted that he learned that those little reptiles cut their tails and those tails would grow into another lizard, then the parent will heal itself—in which Kai guffawed on, and Sehun chose to muffle his giggles. They also argued on why the pizza is round but put in a typical square box. To some other not-so important stuff, and now they're having an English lecture. Why am I friends with them again?

 

"Excuse you, Mr. Chanyeol Park, for your information, I attended English classes in high school. And I even got an A on TOEFL," Kai states in his straight English matching with his quite amusing accent.

 

Chanyeol's eye twitches in defeat; maybe Kai is better than him on that. But that's just because he can afford all those extra classes because they are dang wealthy and the taller is not; he's just a second banana after all, Chanyeol thinks. Sehun, on the other hand, finds this scene fun. He retreats his pen from his notes and absently taps it repeatedly on the table as he watches them.

 

"Anyway, what I mean is 'Park' is an English verb which means to leave a car in a certain place temporarily," Kai explains, this time in Korean, "and if you say 'Chanyeol park', that defies the subject-verb agreement. It should be 'Chanyeol parks', because the subject is singular."

 

Chanyeol stares at Kai in awe. Sehun is sensing some deep confusion on him; he reconsiders if he is the same giant who fooled him weeks ago about the doorbell.

 

"Unless you mean it as a noun, then a Park is named after you, but I doubt it because in any case, you wouldn't own a park, it is most likely for you to own a zoo instead," Kai laughs but halts when Chanyeol smacks him at his shoulder playfully.

 

"Nice analysis, Kai," Chanyeol deadpans as he sets up the video game consoles. "You can stop now on your blabbers and get ready to be whipped."

 

"I even made a poem, you would like to hear it, Yeol," Kai utters, a bit excitedly, ignoring the teller's challenge. And Chanyeol pretends he didn't hear him and busies himself on selecting the game.

 

So, Kai continues anyway.

 

"Roses are reds," Kai begins.

 

"Wow, a piece of originality, Kai," Sehun butts in his first words after a while.

 

"Shut up, Oh Sehun. This is cool and hip."

 

"Cool and hip? What are you, an oldie?" Chanyeol snickers as he sits again next to Kai, laden with the two controllers. Sehun laughs, too.

 

"Shut up, you two, and just listen."

 

The two hush, anyway.

 

Kai starts anew, this time with his odd miens and gestures.

 

"Roses are red,

Violets are not even blue,

Because it's dayum purple,

If Byun Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter