The first altercation (pt 2)

The Druid and the Wolf

A/N: Some swearing, mild violence and blood in this chapter so you've been warned.


“Where the is the druid?!” The male shouts in accented Korean, straddling Kyuhyun as the werewolf struggles to throw the other man off him.

“I don’t know what you are talking about!” Kyuhyun struggles against the weight of the other man on top of him. He can feel his wolf becoming angered, the desire to protect his charge growing the longer the man is forcing him down on the ground. “Get off me!”

“No way wolfie.” The man grins, his eyes crinkling into half-moons. “We want the druid and I’m not letting something like you go.” He sneers, laughing at the look on Kyuhyun’s face.

It hits Kyuhyun in that moment exactly what they are dealing with as he hears another set of footsteps approaching them. “Stop playing Rap Monster.” The other man snorts, a frown on his face.

“But Suga he’s such a fun wolfie to tease.” The man atop Kyuhyun whines, his hands tightening over Kyuhyun’s shoulders.

“Get the information we need and kill him quickly before we’re spotted.” The one called Suga snaps. “I don’t want to dawdle.”

Rap Monster sighs, his face going from amused to serious in less than 2 seconds. His grip tightens on Kyuhyun as he sticks his face closer to the male underneath him. “Tell me where the the druid is now.”

Kyuhyun laughs, the pain disappearing as his wolf starts to take over his instincts. “ you, stupid Black Hunter.” He spits into Rap Monster’s face, knowing it’s going to start problems. Kyuhyun’s wolf has always had a slight thing against authority and being forced to do something against his will.

Rap Monster reels back in surprise, one hand releasing Kyuhyun to wipe the spit off his face. “You stupid wolf.”

“Yeah well you’re even more stupid.” Kyuhyun growls, taking advantage of the distraction he’s caused, bucking harshly and managing to throw the other man off himself, transforming as soon as he feels the weight is gone. He doesn’t care that he’s transformed in the city, it’s something that Leeteuk will have to deal with later and probably won’t even care in the aftermath of the fight that is about to go down.

“.” Suga curses, backing quickly away from the growling silver wolf that now stands where a moment before had been a human. “Rap Mon, back away!”

Rap Monster groans as he stands up, backing away from the wolf. They’d chosen to leave their equipment behind by the side of the hotel, thinking that the wolf was probably still a pup based on his human’s size and his hands itch for the baton he usually carries on his hip to subdue supernatural beings. “Hyung I think this was a bad idea.” He says, feeling the ground underneath him change as he stumbles backward from concrete to grass.

“Too late for that now!” Suga snaps back at him. “Go get the equipment while I distract him.”

Kyuhyun growls, taking a step toward Suga when he spots Rap Monster turning and sprinting toward the side of the building. Gathering his strength, the silver wolf leaps towards where Rap Monster is sprinting, and the action is too fast for Suga to see as the wolf tackles the other man to the ground.

Kyuhyun continues to growl as he lets his wolf take over completely. Snapping at the neck of the Black Hunter underneath him after jumping, he doesn’t even move when another human bursts out of the hotel room, shifting in mid leap. ‘Stupid pup. Don’t shift in front of normal humans!’ He snarls inside his mind into the pack bonds.

Sorry hyung!’ The cheerful tone tells Kyuhyun that the wolf who joined the fight is Taehyung, which means Jungkook is left with Jessa. He twitches, the desire to protect the druid growing as he keeps the blonde hunter underneath him with ease.

‘Jungkook how much longer?’ Kyuhyun sends to his pack mate, growling as Rap Monster tries to throw the much heavier wolf off his body.

Not long hyung. She’s checking out which is why we sent Taehyung out there.’ Jungkook returned.

Taehyung spots Kyuhyun, dips his muzzle at the beta in silent understanding and advances on Suga, growling. Even though the two pups are still underage, they are trained to fight like the rest of the Pack and Taehyung’s wolf form is much larger than his human form.

In general, wolf forms are usually almost a mirror of their human counterpart’s physique, so if the human is thin or scrawny, the wolf will be thin or scrawny as well. For whatever reason though, Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin’s wolf forms were much larger than their human forms showed. The only one of their group who was near similar size to his wolf form was Hoseok, whose wolf form was surprisingly smaller than his human form was.

By the time Jungkook and Jessa come out of the hotel, Taehyung’s got Suga cornered up against the Jeep, close enough to the other man that Suga’s face is contorted in fear at the sight of Taehyung’s muzzle dripping with saliva.

“.” Jessa curses, recognizing the two Hunters from the night before who’d been chasing her. She starts chanting something in the same language that they heard in the Jeep earlier, while Jungkook glances over to see Kyuhyun sitting on top of the blonde guy, barely even straining to keep the other underneath him.

Suga is terrified of the massive dark brown wolf that’s salivating in front of him, and if he hadn’t been sure he’d seen almost every single variation of werewolf out there in the world, he’d swear that he was staring down at a watered-down version of a direwolf, but that particular breed of wolf hadn’t been introduced yet to the virus that was Lupis Paroviridae a mutated form of a natural virus found in timber wolves, lupine parvovirus. This wasn’t how things were supposed to happen. They were supposed to be the bad Black Hunters who brought down a single beta and 2 pups before taking their prey in.

Jungkook’s not sure what to do since he’s the only one of the werewolves who’s left to protect Jessa from any other attackers, but from the looks of the bags that are not far from Kyuhyun, it’s only the two of them. ‘Get Kyu-hyung’s cell phone and call Alpha!’ Taehyung bursts into Jungkook’s mind, the pack bonds blown wide open.

Where?’ Jungkook scrambles with searching for the white iPhone that he knows Kyuhyun never lets out of his sight.

I’m already aware of everything.’ Leeteuk pushed through the pack bonds into Jungkook’s mind. ‘Kyuhyun opened the bond earlier. I need you to call the Hunter Association. The phone number should be in Kyuhyun’s phone.’

Jungkook doesn’t have to think twice, scrambling around Taehyung in his wolf form, towards the driver’s side of the jeep, scouring the ground for the white cell phone. ‘ I can’t find it!’ Taehyung panics, thinking that one of the hunters must have grabbed it when Kyuhyun had been ambushed. He’s about to call out to Kyuhyun when the sound of a sorrowful tune hits his sensitive ears. ‘There!’ The phone is lying in the bushes next to the Jeep, in a spot that Taehyung wouldn’t have even thought of looking in.

Kyuhyun snapped his jaws at the Black Hunter underneath him as the lanky blonde boy squirmed. “ hyung, I bet he’s calling the Association!” Rap Monster hollered towards Suga.

“NO pabo!” Suga’s terrified enough to swear, which means it’s a big deal.

Jungkook’s speaking rapidly into the cell phone, having already scurried back to Jessa’s side, and Kyuhyun turns his attention back to focusing fully on the boy underneath him, letting a growl out and smiling in satisfaction when he pales and cowers from Kyuhyun’s powerful muzzle.

Jessa finishes her chant, or whatever she’s doing in that odd language and it’s almost like things explode all at once. Suga lunges toward Taehyung at the same time that Rap Monster throws his arms around Kyuhyun. Jungkook ends his phone call and blinks at the sudden increase in chaos.

The tart scent of blood suddenly fills the air, and Jungkook looks over to find that Kyuhyun’s enclosed one of the Black Hunter’s arms in between his powerful jaws and has pressed down hard enough to draw blood, making the Black Hunter cry out in pain. Jungkook struggles between staying next to Jessa or rushing to help Taehyung.

Rap Monster’s cry of pain from Kyuhyun’s powerful jaws catches Suga’s attention. Determination crosses his face and he pushes against the wolf who had backed him into the Jeep. “Move you stinking mutt!” He shouts, not realizing that between his shouts, and Rap Monster’s painful cry that the scene is attracting attention.

“!” Jungkook curses, his oversensitive ears catching several clicks that sound suspiciously like pictures being taken from a cell phone. “We’ve got an audience.” He says softly to Jessa, whose face pales at the realization. They aren’t sure what the scene looks like to outsiders, but the size of Taehyung and the fact that Kyuhyun is actually causing injury to a human clicks in her mind.

“I’ve got this.” She says confidently, knowing all the karma points she’d collected from last night’s escape from the Black Hunters is about to be expended as she kneels down and produces a bottle of sand from her bag. Pouring it on the ground, she quickly draws several small runes and starts chanting again, but this time she looks towards where Jungkook’s discretely pointing at the human who’s standing on the edge of the property, the cell phone poised in front of their face as they continue to take pictures.

“Go forth my beautiful friends, and attach yourselves to the human who should not witness our supernatural world.” Jessa whispers to the runes, allowing her druidic magic flow through her fingertips to the sand.

Jungkook stares in shock as the human suddenly drops the cell phone, pain on his face as he suddenly starts hopping down on one foot, the other being wiggled in front of him. What they can’t see, and only Jessa can see, is that there are little figures made of sand that are surrounding the human, and a few that surround the cell phone on the ground.

“We should be safe for now.” Jessa murmurs to Jungkook, pulling what looks like a small stick made of wood from her bag. “I’ve added a barrier surrounding us that makes it look like no one is in front of the Jeep while the sand figures take care of the pictures the human has taken. I’ll help Kyuhyun, you help Taehyung, ok?”

Jungkook’s mouth drops open as the stick suddenly grows into a baton, but still maintains the wooden texture. He makes a noise that he hopes she takes as affirmation that he understands her plan as he starts to transform into his wolf. He’s not as fast as his Pack mates when it comes to transforming.

The fighting between the groups grows intense as Rap Monster’s managed to cause Kyuhyun to release his arm, the smell of blood growing stronger around the wolves. “Take this!” Jessa yells as she slams the wooden baton onto Rap Monster’s injured arm.

“!” Rap Monster screams in pain.

Suga’s got Taehyung’s muzzle in one hand, his Hunter abilities allowing him to use supernatural strength to push the wolf away from his body when Jungkook come charging in.

Hyung, you ok?’ Jungkook sends through their Pack bond.

er’s got a strong grip for one hand.’ Taehyung’s in pain, which doesn’t slip by Jungkook.

Growling, Jungkook snaps his jaws at Suga, trying to act more menacing than he looks. If Taehyung looks like direwolf, then Jungkook is like a runt version of the not so mythical creature, but he’s still much more muscular looking than his human form conveyed.

The posturing seems to go on forever, with Kyuhyun and Jessa holding down Rap Monster while Taehyung and Jungkook square off against Suga, who’s trying his hardest to push Taehyung away from him, his hand still holding onto the wolf’s muzzle.

“Stop!” A booming voice called out over the entrance area to the hotel, causing everyone to freeze in their actions, including the two Black Hunters. The Hunters Association had finally arrived.


A/N: I want to wish you all a Happy New Year early!! Hoping 2015 will be a hell of a better year than this last year was for kpop!