A new packhouse

The Druid and the Wolf

Things settle down at the Pack house. Jessa’s like a pup, shifting whenever she gets too excited about something, or relaxes completely. More often than not, Leeteuk will find the mated pair asleep in Kyuhyun’s room, both in wolf form, as Jessa’s learning about how to fully control her newfound wolf side.

Jungkook’s birthday and coming of age comes and goes, and the youngest member of their Pack ends up screaming and jumping up and down in excitement as he presents as an omega like Jimin, though it means that he’ll have to switch rooms.

Taehyung’s been attached to Jungkook since they’d come to the Pack house, but even more so since their maknae has come of age, and it’s not long before they get into a fight, mostly about how Jungkook is switching rooms with Jin.

Taehyung thinks Jungkook’s being unreasonable, though Jimin agrees that the Omega’s should stay together. Jimin’s first heat had come and gone with Ryeowook’s help, and Jimin knows that he’ll be the one to help Jungkook when their maknae has his first heat.

Leeteuk has to order them apart for a week before Taehyung promises to leave Jungkook alone, and sighs when things seem to settle down again before Ryeowook and Jongwoon announce to the Pack that they decided they are mates, and that Jongwoon plans to claim Ryeowook on his next heat, which shows up right before the next full moon.

The first monthly hunt after Jessa is fully integrated with the Pack doesn’t go as smoothly as expected, with Donghae having to clean up a few injuries that Taehyung inflicts on Jin, the Gamma and Delta having been at odds with each other ever since they’d been forced to room together.

At their Pack meeting that night, Leeteuk smiles at his Pack, pride blooming in his chest as they all snuggle together in the study, fights and arguments forgotten in the post hunt bliss they all feel.

“I have something to tell you all.” Leeteuk starts. “A few months ago, right after Jessa woke from her coma, I went to Boa.” He’s got the attention of everyone in the room. “We’ve become a large enough Pack that we will end up outgrowing this old house, especially when we all have mates and the current mated pairs decide to have pups.”

“What are you saying Alpha?” Jongwoon asks, snuggled tightly with Ryeowook. They’re still newly mated after Ryeowook’s heat, and no one can blame them for the Omega practically sitting in the Beta’s lap, having missed his mate during the hunt.

“There is a larger clearing north of here, nestled against a thicker set of trees in our territory.” Leeteuk says, fighting to keep the smirk off of his face. “Boa agreed with me that it would be perfect for a larger Pack house.”

“Are…are we going to get a bigger house?” Kangin asks.

Leeteuk relaxes and a huge smile graces his face. “Yes, yes we are.” He says as the Pack erupts into celebration at the news. He lets the noise die down before he continues. “The new Pack house will be finished next month and we can take a tour of it tomorrow, but only as long as everyone behaves.”

Most of the younger Pack chatter away at the news, both Taehyung and Jin excited over the prospect they might be able to have their own rooms, even though Leeteuk hasn’t said anything about it.

**

It’s not long after they’ve moved into the new Pack house, that Ryeowook finds Jessa passed out in the middle of the study, the book she’d been reading still in her hand.

Calling for Donghae through the Pack bonds, Ryeowook stays by Jessa, not moving her in case anything was broken, he knows better.

Kyuhyun was in the city for some work he’d contracted, and Taehyung had taken Jimin and Jungkook to see Yoongi and Namjoon, who are both still at the Hunter’s Association building. Namjoon had finally woken up, disoriented and weak, but had been cleared for visitors.

“What happened?” Donghae finally arrived.

“I don’t know. I came in here to get something, and found her like this.” Ryeowook replies.

Donghae frowns, taking Jessa’s pulse, and the frown deepens. “Jessa.” He tries to wake her.

Nothing happens for a moment, then, as Donghae tells Ryeowook he’s going to call for help to move her, a groan emits from Jessa.

“, what happened. My head hurts.” Jessa holds her head in her hands, as a pinch of pain echo’s through the Pack bonds before she shuts it down.

“You must have fainted.” Ryeowook tells her, rubbing her back softly as she moves into a fetal like position.

“We should do a checkup though.” Donghae says. “Fainting is bad, and I don’t want Kyuhyun yelling that I didn’t give you a checkup when he gets back from town.”

Jessa nods, her face looking pale and tired. Ryeowook helps her up, and follows them back to the medical room to help Donghae since Jin is currently taking some classes at a nearby university. He’d expressed interest in taking medical classes, though at a slower pace than what Donghae had done when he was still a new Delta in training.

ness in front of other Pack members has quickly become something Jessa’s gotten used to, though she still blushes slightly whenever she’s required to get around anyone that’s not Kyuhyun, but to her surprise, Donghae only shakes his head when she asks if she needs to get undressed.

After asking the usual boring questions of when she ate last, drank last, how much sleep she’d gotten the night before, Donghae takes her pulse again, the frown back on his face. He moves to the counter where a blood pressure cuff and stethoscope are laying, and takes her blood pressure.

Ryeowook sits quietly while Donghae works, a pad of paper in his hand, writing down things that Donghae tells him, like her vital signs, and waits for the Delta to figure out the correct questions to ask. The Omega isn’t blind, nor stupid, and the moment Jessa had gotten up from the floor, Ryeowook felt a motherly tug to protect Jessa, more than his normal Omega instincts.

Finally Donghae remembers that since Jessa’s a female, she has normal monthly cycles instead of the heat cycles that male Omegas have, and asks when her last cycle was.

A confused frown appears on Jessa’s face, then asks to see a calendar. “I…It was more than a month ago…” She trails off.

Donghae sighs, turning toward Ryeowook. “I’m going to need to take some blood samples to send off to the lab. Are you ok with helping me with that?”

“Sure thing hyung.” Ryeowook said, grabbing a tray and some gloves. He’d helped Donghae with medical things before Jin came along, and even then, it was his job as the head Omega of their Pack to know basic medical care.

Donghae gets everything ready and soon fills 3 tubes with blood, instructing Jessa to lay down if she feels dizzy or nauseous. With the upgrade in the house, Donghae had gotten some sorely needed equipment for his medical lab, but the one thing he didn’t know how to do was lab work.

Ryeowook helps Jessa out into the study, finding a nice sunny spot for her to relax in, while he fetches her some crackers and water to nibble on, even though she tried to tell the tiny Omega she was feeling ok.

The warmth of the sunshine, the quietness of the house and the comfort of Ryeowook taking care of her lulls Jessa into a nap she didn’t know she needed until she woke up several hours later to Kyuhyun sitting next to her, tears in his eyes.

“My precious mate.” He murmurs, reaching out to her hair. “You should have told me.” He says, noticing she’s alert even though he could have figured it out through their mate bond.

“Tell you what?” Jessa clears and sitting up more firmly in the seat.

“Donghae had one of his friends come to help him test your blood.” Kyuhyun tells her, a smile on his face as he moves his hands to grasp hers, his larger hands practically engulfing her tiny ones. No matter what she did for exercising or weight lifting, she didn’t bulk up, only got more toned. “Donghae said he tested your hormone levels because you fainted today in the study and found a couple of hormones that are elevated, ones that only become elevated when an Omega or a woman is expecting.”

The words sink in as Kyuhyun’s excitement bleeds over into their bond, her eyes going wide as she realizes what Kyuhyun is saying. “I’m….I’m pregnant?”

Kyuhyun nods, eyes suddenly teary. “We have an appointment with a doctor who specializes in werewolf pregnancies, named Lee Sungmin tomorrow. Donghae doesn’t think he has the expertise to care for you because women tend to be different than Omegas, even though you are basically an Omega by gender.”


A/N: I have a test in my sign language class on Monday so no extra update this weekend, sorry!

I've actually taken the week off from writing, both to prepare for the test, and gather my energy for NaNoWriMo which is coming up in 9 days. My username on NaNoWriMo is Miharu so add me if you want!

Only a couple chapters left! Would love some feedback!