Cleaning up a mess

The Druid and the Wolf

A/N: So my test on Monday went better than I had expected, still not what the teachers want for grades, and I hate it that the adminstration and teachers are realizing why the percentage of people who end up failing classes and the state nursing board exam is because they don't give us expectations of the grades they want from us. I have a feeling they know it's because they give the students way too much information, not enough emphasis on what they expect us to get out of classes and then scold us for not doing so well on tests when some of the stuff they don't emphasis has more questions on the test than in the reviews and study aids they provide us with in order to study for the test. 

But I digress! I hope you enjoy this chapter, and expect more either later this week/end or an extra chapter next week on the regular update. There is still a bit of swearing, but that doesn't really need a warning or anything. Let me know what you think!

 


“Park Yoochun, you are one nasty son of a .” Yunho’s voice was cold, nearly frigid with anger.

“Hello hyung. Not happy to see me?” The incubi’s anger was still evident in his voice, but since he was still pretty much frozen in place by Hunter’s magic, his human half was slowly taking control of his demonic half.

“ you, filthy demon.” Yunho spit on the ground.

Changmin stands off to the side, arms crossed and the peevish look on his face telling the other Hunters to steer clear of the scene as other members of the Hunters Association gather the Black Hunters who’ve been locked in place around the Pack house. The tall brunette sighs as he watches the exchange between his best friend, and boss, and their former friend.

Yunho’s magic is strong, one of the reasons why he’s the leader of the Association, but Changmin thinks this turn of events really takes the cake as he stares at the man who’d helped them both become what they are today, his anger at the older growing the more frustrated Yunho gets.

“What the hell do you think you are doing trying to take a druid?” Yunho growls, his face turning slightly red from the anger he’s holding back.

“Oh you know, the usual. Trying to find someone worthy of bearing my heir.” Yoochun smirks, his face literally being the only thing he can move at the moment.

The scent of blood in the air fades slowly as the two former friends glare at each other, one internally planning his next move while the other contemplates what he plans to do. Changmin sighs, watching the non-verbal fight between them as his phone rings. “Yeah? Ok. Yeah I’ll inform him. No, we are still at the scene. Not to move, got it. See you in a bit Junsu.”

The name catches the attention of both the leader and the incubi. “Council’s finally arriving?” Yunho asks, moving away from the offending supernatural. The incubi is still from the waist down, partly so evidence can be gathered for the International Council, and partly because Yunho knows that leaving the demon in his half aroused, half state is more humiliating for Yoochun when he’ll come back to his human senses.

“Yeah. The investigators will be here in 20 minutes.” Changmin states, putting his phone away. “Jungsu wants us to know that they want this demon left as he is right now so they can formally charge him with intent to kidnap, assault, and deception along with causing international harm to the supernatural populations.”

Yoochun’s eyes narrow at the information. “They won’t charge me with half that.” He brags.

“Really? Then who’s the one caught with their pants down and assaulting the claimed mate of a Pack member?” Yunho snarls. “Kyuhyun’s calling for your immediate death for violation of a Pack member and her own clan leader is also calling for your death.”

**

Kyuhyun whines softly as Donghae and Jessa’s clan leader attend to his fallen mate. He’s been released from the Hunter’s magic, but only after he’d promised he wouldn’t immediately attack the incubi.

The house still faintly reeks of the sleeping gas that had been set off at the back door, and a window upstairs, no one’s sure how that one had gotten up to the second story without being detected, and the Pack members affected by the gas are still having side effects from it.

“She’ll be ok.” Ryeowook has practically wrapped himself around the beta, cooing and trying desperately to comfort the younger wolf as they wait outside the room that Jessa’s been taken to. Kyuhyun’s refused to shift back to his human form until he knows his mate is ok.

The house is crawling with people from the Hunters Association, and half the Pack not affected by the gas are still out in the woods checking for any more Black Hunters that may have escaped from the Hunter’s magic.

All Kyuhyun wants is to lay down beside his mate.

Ryeowook stays with him, even when Siwon and Kangin come by to see if there’s been any updates. Jongwoon comes by sometime later with some food that Kyuhyun doesn’t touch even though Ryeowook begs the younger to eat. “What would she say, seeing you out here not eating, still in wolf form and smelling like day old grease?”

Kyuhyun huffs and shakes his head in response. He doesn’t even really register that anyone has checked up on him as he waits anxiously for Donghae or the Clan leader, or Jessa herself to come out of the room.

Ryeowook eventually untangles himself from Kyuhyun, the latter barely noticing when the omega leaves him in the impossibly small hallway for a little bit.

“He’s not eating or shifting.” Whispers of voices tickle Kyuhyun’s ears but he ignores them in favor of focusing on the bond, which is much stronger when he’s in wolf form, and sending love and strength through it.

Leeteuk stares at the silver wolf form of one of his Beta’s and sighs softly. Kyuhyun won’t budge until he knows his mate is ok, and so Leeteuk takes it upon himself to inform Yunho about the situation. He knows the International Council is on their way, and has Kangin, Siwon and Jongwoon are busy pouring over the Pack law books, searching for some way to instantly condemn the demon to death as he’s being kept under the careful watch of Changmin.

One by one the rest of the Pack gathers as the Council shows and starts taking statements from Taehyung and Jungkook who are both traumatized from being forced to watch the druid being . The two pups are sitting in the study, blankets cocooning them from the swarm of people outside.

Leeteuk sighs as he dials a familiar number, wondering how much a new door will end up costing him as Kim Heechul, head of Investigations for the International Council comes to stand beside him, his hair surprisingly black and straight, hanging nearly to his shoulders.

Heechul waits until Leeteuk is done relaying his request for someone to come fit his house with a new door before he bows politely to the Pack Alpha. “I regret that we have to meet under these circumstances.” He says.

Leeteuk bows back, nodding. “Me too. Is that abomination in our front yard going to be moving anytime soon?” He asks.

Heechul sighs. “Unfortunately not anytime soon. We still need a statement from Kyuhyun and then see what the extent of the damage to the young druid is, if she’s even conscious or can remember enough of her assault so we can piece together a way to keep this bastard under permanent lock and key.”

“Can we call for an execution?” Leeteuk asks, knowing that Pack law decrees any Pack member who is mated and attacked can call for death of the attacker, but that’s within Pack jurisdiction and he has no authority over the matter.

Heechul shakes his head. “Unfortunately, not at the moment. Most he’ll get is life imprisonment unless the druid dies. International law and all.”

Leeteuk frowns, walking back towards the hallway where he knows Kyuhyun hasn’t moved at all. “That probably won’t sit well with my beta.” He says. He hates letting the information out, especially since he hasn’t had a chance to talk with Jessa’s Clan leader, but if it means the demonic scum in his front yard will be imprisoned forever, he’ll take their wrath later. “Kyuhyun and the druid are newly mated.” He tells Heechul.

Heechul in a breath in surprise. “Kyuhyun? Mated? Whoa….I never thought…” He coughs suddenly.

Leeteuk smiles a little at the lapse in protocol. Heechul’s never been one for sticking to the rules if he can bend them a little. “Does that change anything?”

Heechul frowns in thought. “I’d have to check with Junsu. I’m not sure.” He says, raising a hand to his chin in thought.