The Northern Pack

The Druid and the Wolf

The house the northern Pack had put them in was spacious, with plenty of furniture, threadbare as some of it was. The Northern Pack’s leader, a Chinese shifter named Kris smiles politely as Leeteuk nods. “I know that you don’t have much to spare as the Alpha of this area.” Leeteuk starts, sitting down in one of the chairs. “So we appreciate any and all of the hospitality you have.”

Kris’s Korean isn’t much accented, but it is slurred in some places, most likely due to the fact he’s a native Mandarin speaker and had spent a considerable amount of time down in one of Boa’s foster Packs. “It is my pleasure to repay my debt this way to Head Alpha.” He responds, his gaze downcast in respect for the stronger wolf in front of him. “If there is anything you need, please let me know.”

Leeteuk taps the arm of the chair. “If possible, we’d like to meet with the young Chinese boy who was found on this side of the border last week.”

“Ah, yes.” Kris smiles. “He is currently with my omega mate Tao out in the herb field, so when they return I will let you know.”

Leeteuk watches the younger Alpha carefully, his instructions from Boa to gather intel on the flighty werewolf at the forefront of his mind.

Kris is one of the few Chinese werewolves who were born without Parental Packs, having come to Boa’s foster care as a young teen, confused, lonely and barely able to speak a word of Korean, let alone know what was going on around him.

The Head Alpha of China’s lower providences did not believe in letting lone wolves join any of his already established packs until said wolf came of age and presented, and even then he usually only took the Gammas, Deltas and Omegas. It meant Boa would have to find a Pack to foster the young pup, teach it Korean and how their world works, and helping those who presented as Alphas to figurehead their own Packs in the Northern territory, and figure out suitable pairings for the Chinese Betas.

The Chinese Head Alpha was a in Leeteuk’s opinion.

Leeteuk decides that their belongings are safer in the car at the moment, opting to walk out around the small Pack’s territory, gathering what he can find out about Kris from his Pack members while he waits for Siwon, Jessa and Hoseok to return.

The moment Leeteuk steps out onto the porch of the small house they are staying in, just on the outskirts of the Pack’s village square, a pulse jolts through his Pack bonds just as his cell phone rings.

“What is it?” Leeteuk asks, senses alert.

“Alpha, you need to see this.” Siwon’s voice comes through the line. “The old druid was torn to pieces and the entire region stinks of bloodsuckers.”

“I’ll be there.” Leeteuk promises.

**

“So this is how you pull the herb up and harvest it.” Luhan looks up at the tall thin man who’s watching him.

“A little sloppy on the pull up, but it works.” The other male states, smiling. “I think you have finally caught on, my lost one.” He says in Mandarin.

Luhan cuts the herb where he remembers being told to cut it, putting the harvested plant into the basket that is nearly full. “Your boyfriend said there would be some guests in the village tonight.” He says as they grab the baskets to move onto the next herb patch.

“Oh, yes. I nearly forgot about that.” The other states, pausing a moment to check the time. “Looks like that last patch will have to wait till tomorrow thought. It’s getting late.”

Because they have newly arrived guests from the Southern Packs, Tao’s in charge of the large group dinner, since he’s the Alpha’s mate.

Their Pack operates differently than the Packs down south, mostly due to the level of poverty in the surrounding areas of the North, and the harsher climate. Instead of one big Pack house, much like the ones that he and his mate have fostered in as pups, they have smaller group housing similar to a large village. It affords some privacy amongst the Pack, but also allows for more discord since the Pack members are not as close to each other as their counterparts in the South.

Mated pairs have a small 2 or 3 bedroom house to themselves as some already had children when Kris and Tao ran away from the Southern Packs they were temporarily a part of. Single wolves are set up with other single wolves residing in the smaller houses until they find a mate or ask for permission to move away.

The area they now controlled had been without a proper Alpha when they’d stumbled into the small village, exhaustion and hunger on their faces.

By the time Boa’s trackers had caught up to them and relayed Boa’s severe disapproval over their fleeing, Kris had settled himself down as the Alpha to the tiny pack mostly filled with betas and omegas.

They’d been lucky that Boa had agreed to let Kris stay as Alpha of the area once things had settled down emotionally and had eventually sent a couple of wolves from another foster Pack, Gamma and Delta respectively, in order to establish a more organized Pack.

They arrive in the village and Tao makes sure that Luhan is back at the house Kris currently is letting him stay in before he heads home, his mind heavy with what he needs to do for the dinner. Tao becomes busy with washing the herbs that he and Luhan had picked when Kris steps into the house, his scent angry and disturbed.

“I don’t like him being here.” Kris grumbled as he stepped into the kitchen, his dark hair tousled, eyes flashing dangerously as his wolf is near the surface. Tao figures Kris is talking about their guests.

Belatedly, Tao remembers that the full moon is very soon. “Full moon soon.” He tells his mate, smacking a hand away as Kris tries to nip a piece of the raw meat marinating on the stove. “What are we going to do about the human child?”

Kris stops, a frown on his face. “I was hoping our contacts in China would have found his family or relatives by now.” He says.

They’ve been careful with Luhan, keeping the village’s identity as a werewolf Pack a secret. Tao makes a noise at Kris. “I was hoping his memories would return by now too.” The omega said, frowning. “But Yixing says that the boy’s trauma must have been bad enough that it could take months for his memories to return.”

Kris sighs. “I need to inform our guests about how we are handling the boy.” He says, coming up behind the omega and wrapping his arms around his thin mate, nuzzling his nose into the back of Tao’s neck. “Don’t need them leaking out our existence prematurely.”

Through their bond, Tao practically vibrates with how relaxed Kris becomes through scenting his neck, his claim mark barely visible underneath his shirt. “I suppose we could send him to the larger town down the way when it comes time for our Pack to shift.” He says. “For the supplies we’ll need when the new pups are born next month.”

Kris grunts into his neck. “If Yixing agrees to it, then we can do that.” He says. “I’d rather not have the boy become fodder for any of the rogue wolves roaming around the edge of the territory.”

Kris might be on ok terms with Boa over his patrol of the Korean Pack’s territory, but the wolves from the Chinese Packs are vicious, taking any chance they get to sneak over the border and either snatch prey from Kris’s small forest area, or they ambush and attack the less dominate betas who get assigned border patrols.

There’s even been a couple times where one of his own Pack members disappears and fades from the Pack bonds as if the member died without saying goodbye, and it’s typically a newly presented and unmated omega who gets too close to the edge of the territory.

There is no formal treaty between the two Head Alphas about how things are run on the territory borders, but Kris has been diligently putting together a proposal for Boa to plead for reinforcements to their area for protection, or a call out to push for a formal treaty to prevent the Chinese wolves from coming and going as they pleased across the border.

Kris thinks that maybe he’ll get a chance to present the proposal after the business with inspecting the wards is over with and Leeteuk and his group go home. He doesn’t like that they have a non-Pack member with them, and he had felt a burning hatred bubble up the moment he’d spotted the druid.

Deep down, Kris hates humans, and prefers to let Tao, or his Beta’s deal with any of them who come into his territory. No one knows exactly why Kris hates humans, and any of the wolves who’ve tried to get that information out of him end up dead or near permanently injured. He sighs as his body and his wolf relax at the spicy scent of his mate. “You’re probably going to go into heat soon.” He murmurs against Tao’s ear, biting the appendage softly, satisfaction flooding their bond as Tao jolts at the action.

Tao continues to wash the vegetables with Kris practically wrapped around him. “I think it’ll hit a few days after the full moon.” He murmurs low.

“Good.” Kris’s hands tighten their grip around his waist, bordering on painful as much as it is possessive. Tao whimpers as Kris bites down on his ear again, the flesh becoming sensitive between his teeth.

Tao summons the willpower to push Kris off. “Shoo.” He says, not meeting his mate’s eyes. “I have things to cook and not a whole lot of time. We can mate after the dinner tonight.”

Kris’s eyes flash red for a moment, and Tao wonders if denying his mate right now is a bad thing with his wolf so close to the surface. 


A/N: Wow....like I'm sorry, but not sorry for making Kris into a Alpha who's too possessive of Tao.  

Speaking of Tao....like I'm not surprised in the least bit that he's gone back to China and making an attempt at a solo career. I'm not surprised that netizens are bashing him for this move. Dude, you don't sit there, denying rumors over and over again, only to prove that you lied through your teeth about being an EXO member forever and never betraying the group only to do exactly that a few months later. This is why I'm kind of skeptical about how SM is handling Sulli's rumored departure from f(x) b/c she/nor SM have not made an official statement confirming or denying it.

For those who don't know, SS6 ended over the weekend, where the final show was a mess of tears as it was revealed that not only are Eunhyuk and Donghae enlisting later this year/early next year (date undetermined right now), but Siwon is also going to be enlisting around the same time, which will leave Ryeowook and Kyuhyun to be the last members who haven't mentioned their enlistment plans yet. This means SJ will be going on a 3-4 year hiatus with no side projects as a group, no new subunits made, nothing. To top this all off, it's been revealed that SJ will get one week to promote Devil, which is the group's 10th anniversary comeback. 1 week. 1 freaking week. 

Anyway, the extreme heat wave has finally come back to my area, and temps have soared into the upper 90's (that's in the upper 30's celcius), and with high humidiity, puts the heat index at well over 100 (nearly 40'C), and I'll be seeing BTS in 10 days!! ahh I'm so excited!!! 

Also super special thanks to everyone who's subscribed to the story!!!!! Thank you soo much!