Nonverbal cues

The Druid and the Wolf

“Slow down. It’s not going anywhere. In fact, I’m sure if Donghae would let you, Ryeowook has plenty more in the kitchen.” Kyuhyun’s chocolate brown eyes crinkle in amusement as he watches Jessa grumble underneath her breath as he brings the spoonful of watery porridge to his mate’s lips.

It’s been 2 weeks since she’s come out of her 2 year coma.

It’s been 3 days since Donghae’s graduated her from clear liquids to liquid mushy foods.

Jessa hates every single bite she takes of the bland, tasteless stuff.

Kyuhyun teasing her about how much she hates eating hasn’t helped either. Ever since she’s woken up, he’s been by her side, helping Donghae with her physical rehabilitation.

Silently groaning in disgust as another mouthful of mush slides down , Jessa focuses instead on the fact that the foreign presence in her head hasn’t gone away in order to ignore her gag reflex.

“All done?” Ryeowook bustles into the room, smelling of fresh flowers and sweet foods.

Jessa’s noticed things about herself that weren’t there before she’d been assaulted. Sure she’d gained some heightened senses after mating with Kyuhyun, but not to the extent she’s been experiencing now.

She’s not sure if telling Donghae about it is wise yet since it seems that all the books the Pack has on human mates doesn’t say if what she is experiencing is normal or not.

Spring is slowly turning into summer as Jessa recuperates in the house, forbidden by Donghae to go outside, even though her instincts are screaming that she’ll recover faster by being in contact with the forest that surrounds them.

Jessa knows her druidic powers better than any of her old Clan, but her strong and nearly unbreakable bond with nature has always baffled her teachers and Clan members.

And the itch to be outside in nature, in the elements that call relentlessly to her is increasing tenfold every day.

“What’s the occasion?” Jessa asks Ryeowook as he’s collecting the tray from her bed.

Both Kyuhyun and Ryeowook freeze at her question. “Wh-what do you mean occasion?” Ryeowook stutters.

“You are dressed up and you don’t smell like you’ve been cooking or cleaning a lot.” Jessa replies. “Which means Jimin’s been cooking more and more.”

Ryeowook blushes. “Ah. Both the Head Alpha and your old Clan leader are coming in this afternoon while I am gone, so Jimin is using this time to master what he’s currently learned so far.”

Kyuhyun watches Jessa as she fidgets around Ryeowook, playing off her question as deductive reasoning instead of her near mimicking werewolf like senses, and nearly sighs in relief when Siwon comes near the room to remind Ryeowook they needed to leave soon.

Kyuhyun knows something is going on that Jessa isn’t telling him. Even if she plays it off as being extra attentive after waking up, he’s noticed things about his mate that shouldn’t be there.

The way she knows exactly who is coming to her door now, as if her ears can distinguish each Pack member by their footsteps.

The way she can scent things more distinctly, as if her nose is extra sensitive to scents.

The way she can tell what is wrong with Taehyung when he’s scolded by Leeteuk for causing a scene at some Pack function that was recently held with other high end Packs.

How she knows that Jungkook’s coming of age is approaching in a few months without knowing his birthdate.

“Oh, that reminds me, I need to go pick up your Clan leader from the airport.” Kyuhyun notices the time on the clock, and springs up from the bed. “Jin and Donghae will be back soon for your afternoon session, but I told them not to go so hard on you today.”

Jessa silently huffs as Kyuhyun leans over to press a tender kiss against her forehead and leaves right after Ryeowook, letting the room lapse into silence.


A/N: This will probably be the last update for the next 12 days. The hubby and I are leaving early Sat morning (May 30) for a 10 day hiking trip through southern Colorado and a little bit of southeastern Utah and while I will have my tablet with me to charge my Fitibit, I have a feeling that I will be too tired to write anything.

Remember that promise I made about having a fun chapter with the BTS boys (minus Rap Mon and Suga)? I finally got the perfect scenario thanks to a BTS Bomb *evil fangirl grin* it's coming sooooooooonnnnnnn.......

Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter and as always, do let me know what you think!