Back to Seoul

The Druid and the Wolf

Jessa remembers the emotions that flooded her mind when Luhan had nearly killed her.

The rage that someone would try to remove the bond she’d willingly accepted.

The fear that she wasn’t at full strength and health in order to fend off the attack.

After they’d been moved to the other house, Kyuhyun hasn’t left her side, and for that she is grateful as she comes to terms with the fact she’s not just a druid anymore.

She’s not sure if it’s the result of the barrier breaking, but she feels like she’s much stronger now than she’d been before the fiasco with the vampire.

Like something that had been missing is now finally in place.

Her bond is much stronger with Kyuhyun too. She can feel his emotions clearly through it, even while she’s meditating, and have even been able to speak to each other through it, something they really couldn’t do before.

Luhan’s been in his prison cell since they’d decided he would face the Head Alpha herself for his crimes against one of her wolves.

Jessa silently steps down into the basement, watching the vampire prince warily through the silver bars that hold him in place. Silver doesn't harm werewolves, but is toxic to vampires for some strange reason.

She's still angry that the vampire had tried to take her life.

"What do you want?" Luhan is looking at her through the bars, his pink hair faded in the soft light.

"I want to know why." Jessa asks, crossing her arms.

Luhan snorts. “So you can go all rage wolf on me? No thank you.” He shakes his head, turning and staring at the opposite wall, his back to Jessa.

“You want me to tell you why it didn’t work?” She asks softly. She doesn’t even acknowledge that he’s been rude to her, since technically, he is older than she is by a few hundred years.

Luhan does not move, but she saw his shoulders straighten momentarily. He doesn’t answer either, and Jessa’s not wholly surprised about that. “The string that you coated in the blood bond and broke, was not my mate bond. It was the string that held a near permanent barrier to keep my wolf side from becoming fully integrated with my human side.” She says, knowing that Luhan’s listening.

She takes a deep breath. “My mom was a Pack omega in the States before she ran away with my father, and they decided to protect me from the pain of shifting by asking a very old vampire to erect a barrier that could only be broken by another vampire of the same lineage.”

At this information, Luhan turns and stares at her. “What does this have to do with me?”

“My wolf informs me that your grandmother was the one who’d performed the rite on me, a very tiny baby fresh from her first wolf to human shift.” Jessa replies. “Which is why you could see the string that held the barrier in place.”

“Still does not explain why you didn’t die when I nearly drained you of all your blood.” Luhan snaps at her, his face contorted in anger. “You should have DIED when I snapped that string. You should have come back to life as my consort after drinking my blood.” He’s snarling in rage now, having stood up and slowly advancing on the silver bars that separate them.

“The moment the barrier snapped, my wolf took over and used my druidic powers to cure your blood of any vampire virus, plus what had already been injected into my system. My wolf was smart enough to use any powers from your blood to speed heal and speed make blood to replenish my veins.” Jessa snaps back her temper near boiling. “You forget I am one of the most powerful druids in today’s age, something that your grandmother should have warned you about!”

Luhan reels back as if he’s been slapped in the face, his skin paling as he realizes what Jessa is saying. “You mean, my grandmother’s words were to keep you away from me, not to bind us together?” He asks, his voice drained of any fight as his body seems to go limp, knees buckling as he drops to the floor. “I can’t believe that. I was told her words about you were to change you, bring you into our clan and make you my Consort.”

Jessa sighs. “I do not know what was specifically said between my parents and your grandmother, but I am certain that no one wanted to see any harm come to either of us. You will have to ask your relatives who knew of what happened that night, and maybe you can find some clarity.” She squats down so she’s eye level with the vampiric prince. “I cannot forgive you fully for trying to change me, but I can give you a boon for returning my wolf side to me.”

“Save it.” Luhan whispers. “I am not worthy of such a boon in light of this news.”

“It is not up to you to accept or deny it.” Jessa snaps softly. “You will find out soon enough what it is.” She stands, giving him one last look, before turning and heading up the stairs, leaving Luhan in silence.

**

Yoongi’s helping the she-wolf who’s charged with taking care of Namjoon when they are informed that Yunho’s arrived.

“Go see your leader.” The she-wolf tells him, smiling softly as he’s dumping a lightly stained bandage into the trash.

“He may want to see Namjoon.” Yoongi warns her, wiping his hands of any residue from changing bandages.

“That is fine. I can give him a report on this one’s injuries.” She replies.

Namjoon still hasn’t regained consciousness, though with Yoongi there, he’s starting to heal at a faster rate. Yoongi sighs, looking over at Namjoon’s peaceful face once more before he nods and heads out the door.

Yunho’s glad that Yoongi’s fine, though he frowns when he sees how bad Namjoon is compared to Yoongi. “You two fought well.” Yunho says, once he’s heard how bad Namjoon’s injuries still are. “We’ll be leaving back to Seoul in a couple of days. I wish he’d wake, but maybe the journey back won’t be as hard on him as he is.”

“If I may.” Yoongi swallows. He’s been dwelling on a nagging feeling that’s been with him since he’d woken up from his own injury induced slumber. “I don’t think Namjoon ever really accepted that he’s a quarter shifter.” He says when Yunho looks at him.

Namjoon’s mother had been a hybrid, who’d fallen for a simple human in the city, choosing to forfeit her Pack for love, though her Pack had given her a home that had been on the edge of the forest, right next to another home, where Yoongi had grown up. Yoongi’s father was a lone beta wolf who’d accidentally impregnated his high school sweetheart and forced to leave his Pack as well. This was back when Pack protocol’s dictated that they blend in with society as much as possible, though maintaining a Pack in a neighborhood was much harder to do when there wasn’t any forest around to go hunting every full moon.

Yoongi and Namjoon had lived peaceful childhoods with the neighboring families, and Yoongi had found out one day that they’d been living with, but were not a part of, a separate Pack who’d been in the neighborhood for a few generations. Their delta and gamma had taught him to control his half wolf side, teaching him how to shift and hunt silently.

They taught him how to control his scents, how to use his nose, and eventually, how to suppress his wolf side when the full moon came. Yoongi would do nearly everything to go back to that time when things were simple. When the word Pack meant home cooked meals whenever his parents were working late. When it meant screaming and running around with the other Pack children as they played at the forest edge.

The same Pack that had been obliterated by a power crazed incubus years later.

Yoongi had been with the Hunter’s Association a scant 2 months when word came of the attack.

Namjoon, and 5 other boys had been the only survivors of the attack. They’d survived by sheer dumb luck, according to Yunho.

Yoongi didn’t even know which 5 boys from the Pack had survived, being sequestered away due to training, and had been wholly surprised when Changmin had brought Namjoon in, dumping the shivering boy into Yoongi’s bed and declaring Yoongi as the boy’s new guardian.

Yunho sighs at the idea. “It’s possible. I don’t know what else we can do at this point until we get back home.”

The Pack’s delta comes to check on Namjoon, and gives his approval to allow Yunho to take Namjoon back to Seoul, though he insists on giving them a bag of supplies to change bandages and give nourishment to Namjoon.

Yunho calls Leeteuk, informing him, that they’re ready to go whenever Leeteuk is, and that they will caravan it back to Seoul.

One of the vehicles is just big enough to hold 6 people, even with Namjoon laid out unconscious amongst their belongings.

Yoongi’s fast asleep next to Namjoon when the others pile into the vehicle. Leeteuk’s taking Luhan in his vehicle, and 2 other wolves who’ve been granted permission to go to Seoul in Kris’s stead. 


A/N: This week I will probably update at least one more chapter to make up for the lack of chapters next week as I've got my second exam coming up in 2 weeks, and I want to do as well as I did on my first one! 

I also wrote a special BTS story called My Precious Omega for a writing contest (Its the first one I've ever entered), you can check that out here if you want and let me know what you think!  

Also feedback would be amazing here too! :D Helps me know I'm keeping y'all interested.