Chapter 20 (b/c I can't think of a proper title for this chapter)

The Druid and the Wolf

Namjoon fidgets under the cuffs holding him to the wall he’s propped against, and the young Black Hunter swears he can year Yoongi rolling his eyes at the other’s fidgeting.

“Dude, the rattling is annoying as .” One of the other Black Hunters caught by the Council sits across from him in the musty cell.

“Mind your own ing business.” Namjoon snaps, nearly growling in frustration as his severe dislike of small areas is crowding his senses.

They’re lucky to be alive right now, as one of their former comrades had come down earlier to smirk at the lot and announce that the Council had ruled on Yoochun’s fate and that their fates were to be determined next.

The news of the incubi’s impending death had a line of sweat beading at Namjoon’s hair line.

Yoongi’s been silent ever since they’d been cuffed and hauled off to the cells underneath the Hunter’s Association, after spilling everything they’d known to the Council Investigator Heechul.

Yoongi can still smell the stench of a not so cheap brand of perfume that the sultry man had worn as they’d been interrogated. The heightened sense of smell should have dissipated by now, and the fact it hasn’t has Yoongi worried. He’s afraid that during their days training to become Hunter’s, they’d been genetically tempered with, and he plans on confronting Yunho with the knowledge of some of the secrets the Association keeps in order to keep himself and Namjoon alive.

The younger may annoy him from time to time with his quirks, but Yoongi knows deep inside that he can’t bear to part with Namjoon. They’ve been together too long now to be going their separate ways.

They lose track of the time spent down in the cells, only counting whenever someone comes to haul off one of their cell mates until Yoongi and Namjoon are the only 2 left. They’ve been allowed to stretch their limbs, use the freezing cold toilet in the adjacent cell, and given a couple of rice balls to sate the gnawing hunger in their bellies that only seems to dull a bit before growing worse again.

Steps sound on the stone steps leading down to the cells, and Yoongi knows that this is it. Either he goes, or Namjoon will go. He prays that he goes first, even though it will cause Namjoon to freak out a little bit.

“Well well. Looks like we’re back to this game again.” The familiar smugness of Changmin’s voice sends shivers down Yoongi’s spine. “You two are lucky the Wolf Packs have had their blood lust sated from the execution of the incubi and all of his followers.”

“What do you mean by that?” Yoongi asks, wary of the Hunter.

“It means you two get to live.” Changmin sneers. “But it comes at a severe price.”

The jingle of keys in the lock brings Namjoon out of his stupor. The poor boy had been using math to keep his anxiety at bay. “What price is that?” Namjoon sneers back.

“You two will find out soon enough.” Changmin teases sarcastically.

Their cuffs are unlocked and rough hands grab a hold of each former Black Hunter, hauling them from the floor. With weak legs, they’re both lead from the cells, the harshness of the light on the next floor nearly blinding them. “How long have we been down there?” Yoongi asks, trying to gain some sort of insight to what was going on above them.

“Not long. Maybe a full day.” Changmin says nonchalantly. “Long enough to settle the damage you two have done.”

They’re shoved into an impossibly small room with an adjacent bathroom, 2 sets of clothes on the bed with a snarl from Changmin to shower and change. There is no window as Yoongi looks around, letting Namjoon shower first.

By the time Changmin comes to retrieve them, they’ve both showered, changed into the clean clothes and are sitting quietly side by side on the bed, awaiting their fate. Namjoon’s been so quiet since they were apprehended that Yoongi has to check periodically to make sure he’s still alive.

They’re both on edge and Namjoon can feel the rising tension radiating off of Yoongi like a beacon, further agitating his own anxiety over everything.

The two former Black Hunters follow meekly behind Changmin as the Association’s Second in Command leads them down a long hallway, one that would look very familiar to both of them if they weren’t so caught up in fear and anxiety over their punishment for being involved with the incubi.

“We’re here.” Changmin announces, and Yoongi’s head shoots up at the sudden change of the elder’s tone of voice.

Namjoon reaches out and grasps for Yoongi’s hand, squeezing it hard enough to break, the palm sweaty and sticky warm against Yoongi’s cold and clammy skin. “What do you mean, we are here?” Namjoon hisses, glaring up at Changmin.

“I take it neither of you noticed the hallway we just walked down.” Changmin snorts, pushing open the double doors in front of them, walking through in one long stride and turning to face the two boys. “Which is just as well, because you won’t be coming back out again for a while. Yunho believes that you two can be saved from whatever influence the incubi had over you.”

The familiar worn walls of the training grounds they’d sweated in, cried, bled and confessed dark secrets stands before them, taunting Namjoon with the memories of wanting to give up, the bitterly sour stench of the incubi who’d killed his family, the tears shed as one by one, the other boys training with them graduated to full Hunters before their very eyes.

Namjoon doesn’t feel the impact of his knees hitting the ground as he stares incredulously at Changmin, feeling more than hearing Yoongi dropping down beside him, their hands still connected.

Yoongi hadn’t even realized he’d been tugged down by Namjoon until the pain jolted him from his shock. “What….what is the meaning of this?”

Changmin nods at the entourage of security who’d helped the pair to the training grounds. “You two are to be given some extra training in preparation for your new assignment.” He sighs, circling the pair until he comes to a stop in front of them as the doors to the grounds close with a soft clink.

Yoongi stares nervously up at the Second, wondering what kind of training they are getting now that they didn’t get before. Before he gets a chance to voice his thoughts out loud, a new voice joins their discussions.

“Kim Namjoon, before you arrived here at the Hunter’s Association, your family was slaughtered before your very eyes, were they not?” Yunho’s voice from behind them startles Namjoon and he jerks reflexively against Yoongi.

“Y-yes sir.” Namjoon stutters in fear.

“Why didn’t you tell Yoongi the thing responsible for the slaughter of your family was an incubi?” The leader asks as he walks closer to the group.

Yoongi’s breathing changes as his eyes widen at the news. ‘Was this the thing he wanted to tell me that night in the hotel?’ He wonders suddenly, head whipping to the side to stare at Namjoon.

Namjoon’s face pales. “I-…..” He trails off, fear overpowering his senses as he feels Yoongi’s eyes on him. “I tried.” He swallows, voice growing weak. “But there were other ears in the room and then we didn’t have any time.”

“Well then, why don’t you tell him what happened the night an incubi tried to take you for his own? Yunho’s voice was laced with ice, a characteristic neither boy had ever seen in him before.

Namjoon gulps as he stares at Yunho’s face before he turns to Yoongi and words begin spilling out to recall that night.


A/N: OMG you guys I'm sooo sorry! I was planning on having this chapter up on Friday but then homework got in the way, and before I knew it I was in bed, anticipating Sat morning at 10 CST.....

That's when BTS The Red Bullet Tour in the USA tickets went on sale for Chicago. The only concert date that was within a self imposed 8 hour driving restriction. If you've read my blog, or heard the news, the concert sold out in about 35 minutes with the VIP + tickets gone in less than a minute. I consider myself super freaking lucky that I even got VIP and I spent nearly an hour checking Ticketmaster after I'd paid for my ticket. While it's not the ticket I wanted, it's the ticket I expected to purchase anyway. Now I can only pray to the kpop gods that I'm one of the lucky 100 Hi-touch drawing winners....


Which makes this chapter kind of ironic as it's all about Yoongi and Namjoon. Who's ready for BTS comeback?! That teaser OMG!!!  ah this A/N is getting long so I will cut it short here....let me know what you think and I promise a funny BTS crack chapter soon!