The things they do for money

The Druid and the Wolf

Clear on the other side opposite of Leeteuk’s territory, in a moonlight clearing on the edges of the forest outside of Seoul, two young men stood glaring at each other, one holding a flashlight, the other a bag. “Hyung, she’s a ing druid…” One of the men, his gleaming blonde hair teased up and away from his cat like eyes.

“I don’t care Namjoon!” The older, yet shorter of the two yelled, his frustration palpable. “How in the hell could we have lost one freaking druid in this forest?”

The other man sighed, palming his forehead. “Yoongi, druids can communicate with nature!” He shouted back. “She probably asked the forest to manipulate it so we’d move away from her instead of catching her!”

The one named Yoongi stomped his feet. As the older of the two, he’s supposed to be the one who’s level-headed and comes up with the logical answers. Ever since they had decided to become Black Hunters, he has felt that his logical reasoning skills had become clouded.

The blonde haired one waited as Yoongi stomped around the clearing, working his frustration out on the forest floor. He knew that once his hyung was calmed down, they could proceed to plan on how they were going to capture their bounty. By the time this happened, dawn was approaching and the forest was coming alive with the sounds of animals awakening from their slumber.

The sounds of a cell phone startles Yoongi as he sprawls down on the forest floor next to Namjoon, the younger man had fallen asleep sometime earlier in the night. “Hello?”

“Have you caught was we asked for Suga?” The smooth voice of a slave broker, the man who actually ran the Black Hunter organization, asks as soon as Yoongi answers the phone.

“No. She gave us the slip in the forest near Seoul.” Yoongi nudges Namjoon, a silent shudder rolling through his body at the way his Hunter code name rolls off the mysterious man’s tongue.

“Take as much time as you need to capture her. She’s got a high bounty on her head since she’s the last fully trained female druid we haven’t captured.” The man replies before hanging up the phone.

Yoongi looks at the phone in disbelief. “I hope we get enough money from you for food.” He growls at the disconnected phone in disgust before he gets back up, smacking his foot against Namjoon’s arm. “YAH!” He says loudly. “Kim Namjoon! Wake up!”

“Huh? Wha?” Namjoon jolts awake as Yoongi’s foot digs painfully into his shoulder. “I’m awake!” He scrambles to stand up, awkwardly brushing off dirt and leaves from his black clothes. “What did I miss?”

“The man called.” Yoongi replied, going over to where their bags are sitting, forgotten earlier in his need to cleanse himself of his frustrations. “We are to prioritize the druid being caught.”

“What about money?” Namjoon asks, scratching at the side of his head. The only reason he’s dyed his hair blond was because of a bet he’d made against another pair of hunters and had lost horribly. It’s not a horrible loss as he thinks he looks good in the bright hue though it made his scalp itch something fierce if he didn’t wash it after gunking his hair up to keep it from his face.

“He didn’t say, but I bet if we go to an ATM we’ll probably find some money in our account.” Yoongi replies, swinging his bag over his shoulder. “Come on. We’ve got some research to do and a trap to lay out.” He grins.

“I don’t think she’ll fall for the apprentice thing again hyung.” Namjoon points out as he slings his own bag over his shoulder, taking a moment to adjust his black hoodie.

“I know that, pabo.” Yoongi rolls his eyes. “But we’ve got to come up with some sort of plan to trap her and get her where she can’t use her magic.”

Namjoon makes a noncommittal noise as he dodges a branch in his path as they head out from the clearing. Yoongi’s got his phone out with the digital version of a map pulled up.

It takes them the better part of the day to get back to the edges of Seoul. “I don’t remember us going that far out.” Yoongi murmurs as they stop at a convenience store that has an ATM.

“That’s why I was saying that the forest must have been helping her out.” Namjoon reminds him, pulling his wallet out. Before either of them could get to the ATM that’s situated on the side of the building, a tall skinny kid with tattered clothing runs up to them.

“Help me please.” He pleads. “I’m lost and I don’t know where I am.”

The kid’s Korean is garbled, his face a mess of fading bruises and half healed cuts. Namjoon and Yoongi share a look before the older of them puts a hand on the poor kid’s shoulder. “We’re on the outskirts of Seoul.” He tells the kid. “You look like you could use a hot meal and a shower.”

“And a first aid kit.” Namjoon adds, managing to skirt around the kid. He gets a whiff of the stench permeating from the kid and wrinkles his nose. “And new clothes.”

“OH thank you!” The kid grins, his face crinkling up into a crescent smile. “But I don’t need those things. I’m looking for some kids. Idiot dongsaengs of mine.” The kid replies. “You wouldn’t have happened to seen them? They’re about my height, one has black hair with sleepy looking eyes and a creepy smile, one had orange hair with big eyes and the other has like a dark red hair with a strong jaw line.” He explains.

Yoongi looks up at Namjoon, his brow creasing. “No, I don’t think so. Where did you last see them and when?”

The kid shakes his head. “We were in the forest outside of Hwaseong when we got separated about 3 months ago.” He explains.

“Ah, I’m sorry. We’ve only been in South Korea for a week because of our jobs.” Yoongi says apologetically. “Seriously though, you look like you need some help and we can help you.” He tries to steer the kid toward Namjoon, whose face had lit up after punching in the pin code to their shared Hunter account.

The kid shook his head, slipping away from Yoongi’s grasp on his shoulders. “No that’s ok. I’ve got to get back home, my pa---uh family is waiting for me.” The kid jogs away, towards the edge of the forest.

It’s about 30 minutes later when Namjoon suddenly stares into nothing, jaw slacking. “Eww, Namjoon, shut your mouth while you eat.” Yoongi grumbles, looking away from him.

“Dude, that kid….he was a….” Namjoon’s voice lowers to whisper quality. “He was werewolf.” He says.

Yoongi’s eyes widen as he realizes that Namjoon’s right. “.” He curses softly. “Do you think the Hunter’s Association would take our call on him?”

Namjoon shakes his head. They’d been Hunters going after werewolves for about 5 years when they were both approached by the Black Hunters Society and offered more money to capture and transport their targets to the Black Market in London. At the time the move had proven to be a sure thing as they’d bagged target after target in quick succession, making them notorious within the Black Hunter circles but it came at a steep price. The once friendly Hunters Association, tasked with keeping errant werewolf packs in line, had learned of their change of jobs when they’d failed to check in at their yearly review and had revoked all privileges and support of them and had out rightly voiced their dissatisfaction with the new trade on supernaturals. “After our last ‘tip’ they politely reminded us that if we ever called back again they would arrest us for impeding Association law.”

Yoongi snorted in contempt as he took another bite of his noodles. They’d chosen to get some take out from a place the lady behind the counter at the convenience store had recommended. “Oh well, not our problem.” He said, filing the image of the kid’s face away. “If we run across him again, maybe we can use him for something.” He added as an afterthought.

Once they were done with food, Yoongi takes out his laptop. They’re sitting in an area where there is free Wi-Fi somehow, and while Yoongi doesn’t really like doing research out in the open, right now it can’t be helped. They need to nab this rogue druid sooner rather than later otherwise things could get tricky. While they’d gotten more than enough money to carry them through the rest of the month, Yoongi knows better than anyone else that chasing after a target is more expensive mostly due to equipment and time.

Namjoon’s lounging next to him, looking like he’s about to fall asleep but Yoongi knows better. Namjoon looks like a gangster with his teased up platinum blonde hair, his cat like eyes and golden skin, especially when he’s in all black and while that makes some people nervous about approaching them, Namjoon’s usually on hyper alert, using both his sixth sense and his sense of smell to ensure that no one bothers them.

It doesn’t take long, and Yoongi chortles happily as he finds the loophole he needs. “What’d you find?” Namjoon opens one eye sleepily, eyeballing his friend curiously.

“I managed to hack into the Association’s servers and found a map surrounding Seoul of where all the packs are.” Yoongi grins.

“What?!” Namjoon shoots up, surprise on his face as he yelps in shock. “I thought they didn’t have things like that because it would cause Hunters to go on rampages and kill all the Packs!”

Yoongi shakes his head. “I guess that is one more thing they lied to us about.” He shrugs. “In any case, this makes things easier for us. We lost that druid about here, if memory serves me right.” He points to the downloaded file of the map.

“Then the closest pack to where we lost her is….” Namjoon trails off, eyeballing the small print on the screen. “Hyung, we really should get this printed. What if they find out you hacked into their server and downloaded it without permission?”

“That’s next on the list.” Yoongi promises. “I don’t want them damaging my computer so as soon as we get a couple copies printed off, the laptop’s getting wiped.”

Namjoon nods. “Smart move.” He says. “Let’s go do that now before anything else happens.” He stands up, a hint of his toned abs peeking underneath the hem of his hoodie.

“Hold on. I want to put it on a flash drive.” Yoongi pulls out a ring of keys with several different USB drives on it. He selects the silver looking one, and quickly transfers the map file over before he shuts down his laptop. Once they get the maps printed, Yoongi’s sure they’ll have to find some place to stay for the night, a place far enough away from this spot in case any Hunters decide to investigate the weird IP address that has just hacked their servers.

Yoongi knows more than anyone that the Hunters Association has been hiding secrets from its Hunter population, and that there is more than one reason why they hate Black Hunters, but he won’t ever let Namjoon know that. The knowledge would break his dongsaeng’s heart, and that is something he’s strived to avoid ever since they were paired up in Hunter training. He packs up his stuff as Namjoon’s stretching.


A/N: Pabo=Korean for idiot, or dumb (depending on how you want to view it, but I intended for Yoongi to be calling Namjoon a dummy) Anyone wana take a guess at who the mysterious kid is? 

I've been doing nothing the last 2 days now but writing and editing stories and catching up on my kdrama list. Finished High School Love On today, I must say I was kind of disappointed in how anti-climatic it was in the end. I'm about half way through Modern Farmer (I love Lee Hong Ki when he does roles where he can sing ^_^). Anywhoo, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and please let me know what you think! Also huge shoutout to TheWhiteAngel_ for subscribing!