A special dream visit....or is it?

The Druid and the Wolf

2 days after Jessa fainted, she’s back up and moving about, though under orders from Yixing to eat more meat, as he thinks the druid might be anemic. She’s pale and tires easily, so Leeteuk nearly has to order her to stay in the house when he tells them he’s taking Kris to the old druid’s house as the younger Alpha doesn’t believe him about the woman’s death.

Hoseok has been up at the border long enough that Siwon tells Jessa he’ll send the younger beta back to her as soon as he gets up there, though he’s not sure what condition Hoseok will be in.

Jessa reassures Siwon she’ll be ok, since Luhan’s going to be sitting with her. It had been Tao’s request that she try to uncover anything about Luhan’s past or help him recover his memories so he could go back home.

Luhan is in the middle of discussing what he ‘remembers’ about his life with Jessa, when her cell phone rings, startling both of them.

“Oh, hold on, it’s my mate.” She tells him. Ever since he’s let on that he knows about werewolves, they’ve been much more open with him. “Hi Kyuhyun. Oh, no, nothing’s wrong. Just expending too much druidic energy.” She tells him, moving away from the front room towards the hallway. “Leeteuk is making sure I’m safe at all times.”

Luhan can feel her anxiety to sooth her mate who’s a considerable amount of distance away from them. He blinks in realization as a change to his plans needs to be made. As it is, he’s been patient with her, though the reoccurring dream he steps into each night is starting to annoy him. Especially the pack of wolves that attempt to attack him when they get close to the clearing where he can fully mold and shape their forming blood bond into what he wants.

He now knows what her mate’s first name is, but he thinks it won’t be so hard to find out the last name with a carefully placed question, though whom to ask is something else entirely.

**

The forest feels different this time, as she’s walking down that familiar pathway again, getting annoyed at the fact her subconscious keeps repeating itself.

As she walks, she’s got plenty of time to think, and it occurs to her that maybe her body is trying to tell her something. Something that either no one else knows, or won’t tell her.

“Stupid puzzles.” She murmurs out loud as she comes to the same spot where the man appears, only, this time the forest doesn’t freak out on her or go dark. Turning around in her surroundings, Jessa notes the pathway still blocks itself off. She attempts to use her druidic abilities and this time they tell her to walk toward the path that lays ahead of her.

No pack of wolves come for her as she approaches the edge of the forest and as she steps up to it, she gasps. “Kyuhyun!”

Kyuhyun’s tall form stands a few feet from the edge of the forest, the pack of wolves that would have normally attacked her all laying around him in various states of happiness. Relief floods Jessa as he turns and gives her his signature smirk before frowning in concern. “You look horrible.” He says in response as he meets Jessa in a few short steps, brushing back a stray hair from her face. “Are you sure you are ok up there?”

She doesn’t care that it’s a dream. Jessa shakes her head to his question, “I miss you something terrible, but I’m fine.” She replies. “Once the new druid comes to settle down into her retirement in the area, I can let go and recover my energy stores.”

Kyuhyun’s hands are warm against her body, holding her close to him as he leans down and gently presses a kiss to her lips. Jessa moans at the contact, hands into his hair to keep him close as their kisses become more passionate.

“Want you bad.” Kyuhyun murmurs against her lips as they part for a second to get more air.

“We’re in a dream, Donghae’s orders don’t matter here.” Jessa presses her body against his, relishing in the feeling of lust and want that courses through their mate bond.

One moment they are standing, the next they are laying in a soft bed, the whisper of the forest around them with a canopy over their heads. The wolves are nowhere in sight.

They don’t last long, sweat cooling on their bodies as Kyuhyun trails a lazy pattern up her arm, her body nestled comfortably against his as they wait out his knot. “Sleep now, my sweet.” Kyuhyun brushes a tender kiss across her forehead as Jessa dozes.

“Don’t want to.” She whines, pouting. “I don’t want to wake up and realize this was just a dream and that you are back home.”

Kyuhyun smiles at her. “Soon.” He promises. “The new druid will come and you all will come home and damn Donghae to hell.” He says. “We’ll get permission from him for real.”

Jessa can’t fight the feeling of sleepiness any longer as she feels Kyuhyun slip out of her body and tuck her gently into the bed.

**

Jessa wakes with a gasp, though it’s one of sorrow as she realizes that she’s not with Kyuhyun back home, and that her body is a sticky, sweaty mess. “Was that what the dream was trying to achieve?” She wonders out loud as she silently slips from her bed, her cell phone used as a flashlight to find a new set of sleeping clothes in her bag before slipping into the hallway.

“Are you ok?” Siwon’s up immediately from where he’s been on guard duty. With the increased possibility of vampires in the area, Leeteuk had pulled Siwon and Hoseok back to the village to guard Jessa while he roams the village with some of the betas who’d worried about how indifferent Kris seemed to be about the breech in the wards.

Boa’s not happy with the young Alpha, and Leeteuk had told them after dinner when they were alone that she’s sending Jaejoong and Yunho up to talk to Kris. Apparently there had been a vampire attack to the south of the village, one that was eerily similar to the attack that had nearly decimated another smaller Pack, the same group that Yoongi and Namjoon were supposed to help protect.

They’d explained how the two Hunters had been bewitched by Yoochun’s demonic magic to Jessa when she’d woken, but the fact they are protecting some shifter Pack while they transition from one Alpha to another still grates a bit on Jessa’s nerves.

Jessa smiles at Siwon, holding up her clothes. “I just felt the need to take a shower.” She shrugs as if it was a random decision.

Siwon can smell the sweat radiating off her skin, and another more subtle smell, much like he remembers smelling when she and Kyuhyun had admitted they were mated in front of the Pack before she’d been attacked.

Siwon nods at her, going back to staring out the window as she pads back to the bathroom, lost in the wisps of emotions the dream has evoked.

Inside Jessa’s room, Luhan slips silently out of the unlatched window that’s been left cracked open and hiding in the shadows as he cautiously makes his way back to his place. Sweat glistens on his brow in the pale moonlight that shines above the village in a cloudless sky.

Slipping into his room, he nearly starts in shock as a figure stands by his bed. “Where have you been tonight Luhan?” The figure turns, and Luhan quivers in fear.

“You…you are supposed to be dead.” He hisses.

“Oh, I’m totally dead.” The figure smiles. “But not dead enough to know what you’ve been doing to the druid, Vampire Prince.”

Luhan his lips, the taste of Jessa’s blood still lingering on them, and he feels the snap of his blood bond fall into place. “You don’t actually know what I’m doing.” He states, stalking to the bedside dresser and pulling out a new set of clothes.

“You are trying to woo her to the dark side.” The figure sits down on the bed, crossing a leg over the other.

“Hangeng, I’m in no mood for your games.” He snaps quietly. “What is it you want?”

The elder sighs. “Look, I know you don’t like me.” He starts. “But there is something going on in my Clan that might be happening with your Clan. It’s my duty as your elder nobility to inform you of things that could undermine your authority.”

Luhan snorts, stripping his shirt off as Hangeng talks. “What else is new?” He asks. “There are forces who are constantly trying to overthrow the nobilities.”

“They’re talking that you’ve been captured by these wolves and killed.” Hangeng says. “Even with the ward nearly gone, no one has crossed the border. They are too afraid of the wolves.”

“I just need 2 more days to fully control the druid into my power.” Luhan tells him. “Forming the blood bond took longer than expected.” He doesn’t say that something had been keeping him from doing so until tonight.

Hangeng laughs quietly, eyes crinkled in amusement. “You’ve taken nearly a week to settle a blood bond that should only take 3 days.”

“I’m being cautious because of her nature.” Luhan snaps. “Now leave me. I have plans to finish.”

Hangeng sobers. “I will send one of my trusted servants to your Clan to keep them in line while you are here.” He says. “I do not wish to see you overthrown because of some baseless rumor.”

Luhan laughs. “Go ahead.” He knows that Hangeng really is only looking out for him as a nephew, though he still can’t bring himself to forgive the older vampire.

Hangeng’s form fades, and Luhan checks the guard outside the house. The beta has fallen asleep again on his job.


A/N: Hope you enjoy the chapter lovelies! I've got 2 weeks before University starts, but that doesn't mean I'll stop writing! I've gotten quite a bit ahead in writing this last week (including other stories, and a story that I may be uploading soon for a Myungsoo (L from Infinite) writing contest, so rest assured that I'll be working hard to get this story finished this year.