The calm before the storm....

The Druid and the Wolf

A/N: Happy Lunar New Year everyone! Sorry for updating later than normal. Monday I ended up taking my hubby's cat into the vet for observation (right before a test too), and we got her back yesterday after concluding that the food we'd gotten her did not agree with her body after she exhibited some very not normal behaviors.

As a reminder, before the next chapter is posted next week, the story will become marked as Mature rated. Any specific warnings (like trigger warnings for , blood, violence, gore) will be included in the chapter where said warnings are needed. I'm going to cut this note short as I have a headache that won't go away (due to weather...it snowed unexpectedly today and has been near bitterly cold), so I hope you enjoy this sort of short chapter....


Leeteuk comes to check on them after dinner, smiling at the way Kyuhyun seems to brush Jessa’s hand every so often, and how her body seems to turn towards his naturally as their bond settles. He figures that once the others go to sleep, he’ll let the two out. Jessa informs him of her Clan leader coming to meet the Pack and Kyuhyun. Leeteuk doesn’t have the heart to tell them that he’s been looking into Pack protocol and Jessa will either have to give up her position with her Clan to become a full member of the Pack by the next full moon, or Kyuhyun will have to give up his position and ask to be removed from the Pack and become a lone wolf.

After seeing how the newly mated couple are acting, Leeteuk bites his tongue, thinking that broaching the subject with Jessa’s clan leader will be a better way to discuss the mated couples’ future.

The next morning dawns bright and surprisingly warm for the season and life in the Pack house seems to go on as normal until Ryeowook accidentally trips over Jessa in the kitchen during lunch 3 days after she’s bonded with Kyuhyun. The poor omega tried to catch his fall with something and ended up grabbing a hold of Jessa’s shirt as she was trying to twist to avoid letting him fall to the floor, resulting in the shirt ripping down her neck and exposing her still healing claim mark.

Leeteuk sighs, rubbing his temples in frustration as he tries to answer Ryeowook’s question without giving away anything. “It’s ok, Alpha.” Jessa’s read enough of the beginners guide to werewolves to know that eventually the Pack will notice a change in Kyuhyun’s bond with the rest of his Pack mates. “They’ll figure it out by the next full moon anyway.” She says.

Ryeowook’s red in the face, his anger still evident that one of his ‘dirty heathen Pack mates would dare mar the blemish free skin of their guest.’ As he’d put it when he’d seen the claim.

Leeteuk’s suddenly glad he sent most of the Pack out to scout around the territory for any Black Hunters lurking or trying to come onto his Pack’s lands. “Do you want to tell him?” He asks the druid, wishing for once that the petite omega wasn’t clumsy.

Jessa turns bright red, trying to stamp down the embarrassment. “Don’t be mad Wookie.” She coos, using the nickname she’s given him. “Kyuhyun and I bonded after the last full moon 3 days ago.” She says softly, knowing that the werewolf’s excellent hearing will catch her words perfectly.

“I’m going to go chop that tall idiot’s balls off!” Ryeowook shouts growling as he rolls up his sleeves and starting towards the stairs, where Kyuhyun’s working in his room. Because the bond is still relatively new, he’s been restricted to the house and immediate grounds until Leeteuk determines he’s stable enough to control his wolf again.

“Please don’t, Ryeowook.” Jessa latches onto his arms, unfazed by the growls being emitted from the small wolf. “We both wanted it, it just happened to be at an inconvenient time.”

Ryeowook huffs, stopping in his tracks, realizing that he’s dragged the poor druid half way across the study floor in his quest to remove his Pack mate’s ability to procreate. “If he hurts you in any way, I won’t hesitate to make good on my threat.” He warns her.

“You’ll be the second to know right after Alpha.” Jessa promises.

The end of the week and their bond has settled enough that Kyuhyun’s allowed outside to help patrol the territory, and Kangin is sent to pick up Jessa’s Clan leader from the airport.

**

Yoongi tenses when his phone rings well into the 3rd day after they’ve met with the others that are under the same employer.

Various levels of Hunters, including some cambions, a vile half-breed of an incubus and a human, some claiming to be the offspring of their employer who’ve been sent to help prepare for when they take back what they assume rightfully belongs to their ‘Master’ as they called him.

The idea that someone’s sick and erted enough to even employ cambions makes Namjoon shudder. He has a deep hatred for incubus, having lost his family to one several years before he’d joined up with Yoongi in the Hunter’s Association as a lanky teenager with no hopes, no dreams and a bad attitude to boot. He’s already uneasy about their employer coming all the way to Seoul from wherever it was that he lived in order to claim the druid they are trying to capture.

The werewolves patrolling most of the Pack’s territory, and Hunter’s Association scouts surrounding the easily accessible parts of the forest near the edges of Seoul have prevented any of the Black Hunters and the cambions who’ve come to assist them in this bounty from getting close to the Pack house where the druid is being kept at.

Yoongi’s pretty sure they’re not getting any more money from their employer for this job considering the circumstances. He sighs, pulling the cell phone out of his pocket and answering it without bothering to look at the caller ID. He already knows who it is.

“Yes sir. We are waiting for your orders.” Yoongi says into the phone without any greeting. Now is not the time for formalities when they are about start carrying out the plan they’d concocted with the ragtag group of ‘helpers’ they had.

The sick feeling inside Namjoon’s stomach grows the longer he watches Yoongi pace as they wait for their employer to come to the hotel room that’s been reserved for him in one of the plushest, yet most corrupt hotel chains in the world. One that Namjoon’s sure the man owns. “Hyung.” He whispers, seeing how tense Yoongi is the more time winds down.

“He’ll be here any minute.” Yoongi says monotonously. He hates waiting, hates that he feels like he’s failed both himself and Namjoon somehow with failing to capture their target within a few days.

A beep sounds from the entrance of the hotel room, Namjoon leaping up with his equipment ready in case it’s an ambush by the Hunters or worse, the Pack they’d been trying to spy on. An acrid stench so potent that each of them plug their noses at the same time and Kim Namjoon and Min Yoongi stare at a face so famous in Korea that both of them are bowing down frantically trying to move out of the older man’s way.

“Oh stop.” Park Yoochun growls, the voice nearly identical to the one Yoongi’s used to hearing over the phone. “Oh, am I scenting?” He takes a breath. “There, we should be ok now, yes?”

Yoongi nearly twitches with rage at how easily they are affected by the man’s scent, but he can’t tell what their employer is supposed to be. Much later that night, after Yoochun’s gone to bed, Namjoon scoots over to Yoongi’s makeshift bed in the foyer. “Hyung.” He whispers.

“Go to sleep Rap Mon.” Yoongi snaps softly, still irritated by the day’s events.

Namjoon sighs quietly. “Hyung, I need to tell you something.” He persists. He doesn’t expect Yoongi’s leg flying straight into his side, causing a grunt to sound in the quiet of the foyer. A rustling of bedding from across the room reminds Namjoon they’re not alone as Yoochun’s bodyguards have camped out in the spacious hotel room.

Taking the hint that Yoongi wants sleep more than what Namjoon wants to tell him, the younger slinks back to his own makeshift bed, a hand holding his bruising side. If he’s lucky, he’ll get to pull Yoongi aside before the elder sets off to show their boss the areas they’ve managed to pinpoint as possible weak spots in the wolves territorial patrols.


A/N 2: So we finally meet our protagonist! Please don't hate on me for using Yoochun. He's been one of my favorite idols since his TVXQ days and for whatever reason his character in I Miss You came to mind when I was working out who'd be the villian. I don't recommend seeing I Miss You as the first 5 episodes or so there is implications of child and violence that can be very traumatizing to people. I couldn't even watch past episode 8 at the time it was airing in Korea because of how angry/dramatically dark/angsty/stalkerish Yoochun's character becomes. Anyway, let me know what you think!