Sudden death

The Druid and the Wolf

 

A/N: Chapter has not been double edited for grammar or spelling errors.


Another nasty storm has blown into the Northern region, this time it had been predicted, but the timing had been off, forcing Leeteuk, Siwon and Hoseok to huddle miserably under the awing of the old cottage the deceased druid had been living in.

The damage done to the building had been great, leaving holes in the roof and parts of the wall blown out from the force of the battle she’d done with the blood ers that had attacked her.

The wind was blowing hard enough that it had caused Hoseok to lose his footing, and Siwon had nearly lost his own in the mud that had appeared in the ruined lawn.

“Well .” Siwon mutters, taking a peak out from the awning at the dark, angry skies. “I don’t think we’ll be back in time for dinner.”

“I hope Jessa’s ok.” Hoseok murmurs.

Leeteuk sighs. “As long as she stays with Luhan in the house, she’ll be fine.” He says.

Their trust in the young man has grown, after seeing how well Jessa had recovered from her fainting spell earlier that week. The storm grows worse, and the trio huddle close together as much as possible as the temperature drops around them.

They’d been warned by Tao of the possibility that storms up in the region were known to drastically change temps, partly due to the magic that normally surrounded the area.

Even though they have a higher body temperature than humans, they can still freeze to death in the most frigid of temps. Even though they could brave the elements to sprint to the car, Leeteuk’s got a gut feeling that today things will come to a head with the bloodsuckers. He’s already told the others as much.

The rain, coming down in light and heavy spurts, erases any possibility that the shifters would be able to smell anyone that would sneak up to attack them. Leeteuk had finally smelt the stench of a blood er in the woods surrounding Kris’s Pack village the night before and had decided to revisit the old druid’s cottage for any clues as to who it was, and possibly draw them out from hiding.

The squelch of feet in the ruined lawn barely gives them any warning as they’re attacked by a group of vampires that had tried sneaking up on them from the east.

**

Jessa’s not sure which came first, her uneasiness over the weather that’s come in, or the fact she suddenly feels like something is off about the young man who’s watching the rain pour down in fascination. “I’ve never seen weather like this.” He breathes, eyes practically glued to the window.

“Tao said it could be worse.” Jessa reminds him as she stands from the couch. She’s restless and it’s annoying. She’s not felt this way since the night she and Kyuhyun had ended up mating, so a part of her wonders if it’s due to her dreams and the full moon that was a couple nights ago, or the long distance between her mate and herself.

“You ok?” Luhan looks away from the window at Jessa.

“I’m ok. Just restless.” She says, though her voice betrays her annoyance as she starts pacing the front room.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Luhan asks, body turning from the window.

Jessa shakes her head. “Sadly no. It’s a bunch of things at once, and being far from my mate doesn’t help.” She explains.

They remain like that for a while, with Jessa pacing softly behind the couch to work off her restless energy, and Luhan staring out the window as the storm seems to worsen quickly.

A particularly loud clap of thunder booms, rattling the house as the lights go out. “.” Jessa mutters. “I don’t know if we have candles or flashlights.” She says.

Luhan decides it’s time to finish off his careful work of poisoning Jessa with his vampiric toxins, but he’s got to play it carefully since she’s stumbling around the furniture. “Don’t move.” He says softly, allowing his vampiric power to course through his words. “Let me come to you and we can go rummage through the kitchen for something.”

“Well now would be better than later.” Jessa huffs, but stays still as Luhan uses his night eyesight to spot where the druid is. He can see her pulse throbbing under her skin and he his lips, his blood lust growing.

Luhan feels his fangs descend, his desire to drink more than a few mouthfuls of her powerful blood increasing every step he takes. He’s become addicted to the taste of her blood. Luhan starts to let out his natural pheromones, knowing she’ll pick up on them, his scent soothing and calming.

Jessa’s pulse seems to slow a little, and her breathing relaxes as Luhan murmurs to her that he’s going to touch her hand. “I’m here.” He uses his manipulation on her, watching her with his night vision, as her body starts to relax more.

“Kyu?” She whimpers, her mind growing hazy with the sweet scent in the air. She shakes her head. She knows Kyuhyun’s back home. There is no way he’d be standing in front of her, his eyes gazing into her eyes lovingly. She knows that Luhan was just in house with her, but her mind can’t seem to hold on to what she remembers just seeing a moment ago.  Her grip on his hand tightens as she tries to force herself out of the hazy fog that seems to have descended on her mind.

“I’m here. Shh.” His voice sounds like her mate, he smells like her mate, and her body already has molded into his arms, recognizing the man in front of her.

Luhan smiles as Jessa’s body practically falls into his. His manipulations have worked, and now her body believes that her mate is standing in front of her. He feels a small buzz in his mind. Vampires are in the area, and they know Luhan is here, but won’t attack until he gives the word.

He knew there had been a handful from another Clan who’d crossed the border before he had, in another spot where the wards had been weakened, but until now, hadn’t tried to contact any of them while he’s been under cover.

Luhan allows himself to nose along the side of Jessa’s neck, breathing in her scent, her blood singing to him. Jessa moans, her arms coming up to embrace him as she tilts her head, allowing him more access to her neck, the same side he’s been nipping at since he’d started poisoning her.

Luhan smirks, seeing that the claim mark from her wolf mate seems to have faded a little, possibly due to his work, and Luhan takes a moment to ghost over the area with his lips, tasting her skin.

“Please.” Jessa moans as she presses herself against Luhan.

His eyes flash red as the blood lust boils over and he the area, feeling Jessa shudder as his fangs sink into her flesh, piercing the vein he’s been drinking from and Luhan in a mouthful of sweet, tangy blood, tasting the subtle hint of lust that is growing as he mouths against the puncture wounds in her neck.

He doesn’t remember pushing her against the back of the couch, allowing her body to rest upon it, Jessa’s legs coming around to grind their hips together as Luhan releases more vampire toxins into her blood stream, another mouthful greedily as the scent of arousal fills the air.

Hands pull at his shirt as Luhan retracts his fangs, at the puncture wounds, feeling Jessa’s lips attach themselves to his own neck. He moans wantonly as she his skin gently between her lips.

She’s seemed to have forgotten all about the storm and the power outage as Luhan picks her up from the couch, and slowly stumbles back to her bedroom. He’ll take her there, draining her of blood and imprinting their blood bond thickly over her mate bond, which would cause it to snap and make her his. “Kyu, please.” She moans thickly as the scent of her arousal grows when he pushes her down on the bed.

“Please what.” Luhan teases, his hands ghosting over her body. He doesn’t care right now that she’s her soon to be ex-mate’s name.

“Make love to me.” Her eyes are barely open, her heart pounding. The toxins are working well, absorbing into her heart as she breathes in more of Luhan’s pheromones.

Their clothes are gone in a moment, Jessa pulling Luhan on top of her body, fingers touching him in places, pushing his blood lust over the top. Luhan’s fingers make quick work to make sure he won’t hurt her physically.

He sinks his fangs back into her neck as he s into her warm body, hearing her scream as he allows the vampiric beast inside him take control, her blood filling his mouth.

Luhan is not gentle, pounding roughly into her tight heat, his fangs piercing her neck over and over again in the same spot as he drains her body of blood.

Jessa moans weakly, her body growing cold as Luhan another mouthful, letting his beast mold the blood bond thickly over the string that ties her and Kyuhyun together, growling in satisfaction when it’s coated completely in thick red blood that drips off the string.

Her body slowly stops responding, but Luhan continues to into her core, allowing himself to feel satisfaction that his plans are going well as he bites into his wrist, blood dribbling down his chin as he forces Jessa’s mouth open, pressing the bleeding wrist to .

The string snaps and Jessa gasps, Luhan’s blood dropping into as she spasms against the loss of the mate bond, her eyes open, pupils blown wide as her energy drains from her body.

Luhan groans in satisfaction when he feels her at his wrist, pleasure tingling through his body, and he nearly s when her tongue pushes at his bite marks on the wrist, causing more blood to gush out.

Luhan steadies himself against the bed, his hips slowing a little as Jessa continues to lap at his wrist, his blood lust sated. When he feels the soft bite of her new teeth against his flesh, he pulls his wrist away, and Jessa whimpers.

“Now my love.” He groans, feeling her body starting to respond to him. He leans into her body, exposing his own neck for her. “Bite me, and drink.” He commands.

Luhan knows the bite of a newborn is rough, but he doesn’t expect Jessa to greedily latch onto his neck, her fangs having grown enough to puncture the skin and the vein without much trouble.

Luhan can feel when she starts to blood from the mark on his neck, and he allows himself to relax, his hips moving against hers as they both become lost in the haze of blood lust.

The moment Jessa retracts her fangs, Luhan growls, and kisses her roughly as he feels her body tighten around him as her body reacts to the vampiric blood in her system.

Luhan knows he’ll pass out after his , and in a moment of clarity, commands the vampires surrounding the village to attack the other houses, while panting harshly into Jessa’s shoulder, shuddering as he reaches his , spilling his essence into her cooling warmth as their blood bond starts to solidify in place.


A/N: Now that DragonCon is over, I can get back to wriing again. Nearly a month has gone by without me writing, and I could tell my fingers were itching for some writing action. (this chapter was written a while ago, I'm actually ahead by 6 chapters, but have been trying to edit them with a fine toothed comb!) I was hoping to have the chapter up yesterday, but as it stands, I ended up catching a cold after the Con, so yesterday was largely spent sleeping. 

School is back in full swing, and my first test is coming up in 2 weeks. I can't promise a new chapter next week, but the week after I should be able to get one up. 

I hope you enjoy the chapter and let me know what you think!