Home

The Druid and the Wolf

The Pack house buzzes with activity.

The group from the North is coming back, and they’re finally going to be bringing Jessa into the Pack officially, not just as Kyuhyun’s mate, but a wolf in her own right.

The ride back is quiet, and Hoseok stares at Yoongi and Namjoon, the former fast asleep, the latter still unconscious. Jessa and the new druid had both checked over Namjoon before they'd left and found his body is free of any poisons, but due to the amount of damage done to his body, he's in a coma like state similar to what Jessa had been in.

Yoongi becomes aware slowly as the vehicle slows down and stops. He can feel Namjoon beside himself, but a presence above him suddenly rubs him the wrong way as he stretches, his body protesting. He opens his eyes, and finds Hoseok staring down at him, a frown on the younger shifter's face. "I don't know, he looks so familiar." Hoseok says, not realizing that Yoongi's awake quite yet.

"The man." Yoongi swears, his face growing taunt with repressed anger.

", I woke the beast up." Hoseok jumps back in his seat. "Reminds me of the snotty hybrid brat that used to live in my neighborhood...." He trails off, glancing at Yoongi, blinking, and gasping. "Holy man. YOU! You’re the Min hybrid aren't you?"

Yoongi sits up, glowering at Hoseok. "And you are the Jung brat who followed me around like I was your idol." He growls.

Hoseok gives Yoongi puppy eyes, a smile on his face. "But hyung, you were so cool!" He exclaims.

Yoongi huffs and checks on Namjoon, spying that they are back in Seoul and he's slept the entire trip back. The others in the vehicle are quiet, waiting as Yunho goes in to inform Changmin of the situation. A group of Hunters come out of the building, and Luhan is escorted in.

Another set of people come from the building as everyone is stretching from being cramped in the vehicle for so long, and Yoongi busies himself with helping the others. Hoseok trails behind him, still exclaiming over their childhood and how much he’d looked up to Yoongi as a young pup.

“Ya know.” Yoongi’s done with listening to Hoseok hero worship him. “I’m not the same guy you looked up to as a pup.” He growls. “I’ve done things I’m not proud of, especially to the druid over there.”

Hoseok stops, his face frozen in a quizzical look. “You know she doesn’t blame you for it.” He points out. “She told on the way back. She said the power of the incubi was probably stronger for you than it was for her, since you’ve been in tune with your wolf side much longer.”

Yoongi sighs. “It doesn’t excuse the fact that we nearly caused her to die because we followed orders blindly. Namjoon and I aren’t the carefree boys you grew up with.”

“Neither are the others who survived the attack.” Hoseok’s voice goes serious. “Jin has nightmares about watching his parents get pulled out of their house by that monster. Jimin has to stay noisy and active because if he’s quiet, the screams of his sister and mother echo in his head from being tortured to death. Taehyung was sick that day and was unconscious when the incubus attacked, and he feels guilt that he wasn’t able to save his mother.” Hoseok stops, swallowing. “And Jungkook? He was such a sick thing when it happened, that they ripped him out of his mother’s arms as she was dragged out of the Alpha’s house and threw him into the woods to die.” He shakes his head. “If Namjoon and I hadn’t been horsing around at the lake that day, we wouldn’t have found Jungkook in the woods. We’d have died along with the rest of the Pack, even though Namjoon wasn’t officially a part of it.”

Yoongi looks at Hoseok and frowns. “I couldn’t do anything at the time.” He tells the young shifter. “I was in isolation after Changmin provoked my hybrid wolf side and I nearly killed another.” He looks back at the room where Namjoon is. “When Namjoon came in, he was the only one who could calm me.” Yoongi’s voice grows soft. “I’m sorry.”

Hoseok smiles, and claps Yoongi on the shoulder. “I’ve learned to forgive.” He says. “It’s not like you could have done anything anyway, hybrid.”

“Hoseok, we need to go.” Leeteuk hollers for him.

“Coming Alpha!” Hoseok calls to him. He looks at Yoongi. “Look, I’m sure the others would love to see you, and Namjoon too, when he wakes. They’ve forgiven you to for the incident with the incubus at the Pack house.” He tells the elder. “Keep in touch, ok hyung?”

Yoongi doesn’t have time to respond as Hoseok smiles at him, and runs off to the entrance, where Leeteuk is waiting for him. Yoongi sighs, shoulders slumping. He’s glad that the mystery of who had survived the attack is solved.

**

Jessa can feel the bundle of emotions that are her new Pack mates, with Kyuhyun at the forefront, and it feels oddly satisfying. Whereas she’d wanted to roam around the world and be free 2 years ago, now she’s content to lay in her and Kyuhyun’s sinfully soft bed, her mates scent calming her into a near meditative like state.

The whirlwind of activity that had happened after they’d arrived at the Pack house had been overwhelming, especially now that Jessa’s acutely aware of everything around her, though the slightly raw metallic taste of Leeteuk’s flesh going down before dinner still makes her shudder in disgust. It’s the only way to bring in a new wolf to the Pack.

Well, you’ll get used to it.’ Her wolf murmurs in her head.

Blech.’ Jessa thinks back at her wolf, smiling contentedly as she snuggles up against Kyuhyun’s pillow.

Are you sniffing my pillow right now?!’ Kyuhyun asks through their mate bond, the echo of amusement tickling her senses.

So? The pillow will have to do since you aren’t up here. It smells like you.’ Jessa pouts. She’s been antsy ever since Donghae had insisted on doing a physical exam and declaring her completely healed, though she’d already known that from the druid up north. Being fully in tune with her wolf side definitely had advantages.

Soon, my heart.’ Kyuhyun promises.

Kyuhyun walks into their room a few hours later, and chuckles softly at the sight before him. Jessa’s sacked out on the bed, curled up against his pillow in her wolf form. She’s still new to shifting, and everyone’s been informed that Jessa’s pretty much a teenaged pup, being unable to control her shifts when she’s overly excited or totally relaxed.

Kyuhyun strips, and shifts into his own form, jumping on the bed and nudging at Jessa’s form with his snout when a sweet scent hits him.

Confused, Kyuhyun noses at himself, and then again at Jessa, finding the smell is just light enough to pique his interest. Prodding the Pack bonds, he finds Donghae’s in the room he shares with Eunhyuk. ‘Hey, Donghae.’ He gets the delta’s attention. ‘Is it possible for Jessa to go into heat now that she’s a full hybrid?’ He asks.

I’m not sure. Let me check on that.’ Comes the reply. ‘If I find anything, I’ll come up to the room.’

Thanks hyung.’ Kyuhyun doesn’t think anything more of it as he curls around Jessa, his body relaxing as he’s swept into the waves of sleep.


A/N: Second update this week to make up for the lack of an update for next week as I have my second test on Friday the 16th.