The Awakening

The Druid and the Wolf

Pain.

That feeling of pins and needles when a limb goes to sleep without a person noticing until said person goes to use the limb.

Stiffness.

Muscles too long unused, joints stiff in their sockets from lack of movement.

Aches.

Every part of her body that touched the not so soft mattress underneath her ached something awful, as if she’d caught a horrible flu.

Joy. Love.

A burst of emotion in her head, not from herself, but from the one she’s mated too.

Calm.

The feeling of a rough hand sliding into her own aching, stiff hand that hasn’t quite regained the muscle memory in order to move yet.

Reassurance.

The presence in her head grew, changing and spanning out into several different feelings at once.

Safety. Caring. Relief.

Yet there were hints of other emotions that she struggled to identify as she slowly came to inside her body.

Grief. Shame. Guilt.

There was another presence, one that she did not know in her head. She remembered feeling 13 distinct personalities through the bond with her mated one, but this one was foreign to her.

“Why hasn’t she opened her eyes yet?”

“Give her time. She’s been unconscious for 2 years!” Of the voices clamoring in the room, this one was the one that warmed her heart. The hand grasping hers flexed in response to her spike of emotion.

“Can’t you do something hyung?” One of the pups, she thinks.

“No.” That special voice snapped. “You all are probably confusing her with this talk. Get out.”

“Kyuhyun.” The authoritative tone. The head of their pack.

“Something feels different with the bond.” A softer voice.

“Maybe she’s bonded with her spirit wolf.” A female voice, one that seemed even more authoritative than the male had been.

A twitch of her fingers in the hand of her mate shushed the group.

With bated breath, they waited.

Time ticked on.

And finally. Jessa opens her blue-green eyes, blinking against the harsh, but dimming light from the overhead skylight, the orange yellow hues of a sun that is setting in a spring sky.


A/N: Here we are with a new chapter! It may be short, but there is something important here that will come out later :D This weekend I will be busy with my convention stuff as we host an annual BBQ for our attendees and staff to mingle and enjoy both good food, good weather (hopefully!) and great company, and planning for the hiking trip my hubby and I are going on in a week! 

WELCOME to all the lovely subscribers who've joined in the last few days! My goodness. 25 of you now!! *wipes away a tear* I really do hope you all are enjoying the story so far, and remember, feedback would be awesome! I will try to get another chapter in this next week before I go off the grid.

If you haven't looked at my profile page, I am looking for Super Junior and Bangtan Boys prompts for the summer for a writing project I am doing outside of the HOMMAGE writing contest I'm participating in (the story for the contest will not be put up until it's finished). SO if you have an idea or a prompt for a one shot or short story (10 chapters or less), don't hesitate to message me with it! I may even do other groups as special requests :D