To the Clan a Prince goes

The Druid and the Wolf

Luhan sits and waits. His cell is made of silver, partly to deter him from breaking out and escaping, and partly to keep him constantly burning a little bit of defensive energy to block out the slight sting the metal gives whenever he’s too close to it.

Not that Luhan actually cares. He sits in the corner of the cell, the furthest from the door, eyes downcast, his face somber from self-reflection.

Steps echo across the room, and Luhan looks up to see Hangeng standing outside the cell, disgust on his face. "I see you got yourself into some big trouble." He says, his tone clipped with anger. "I told you to be careful, yet, here you are."

"What do you want?" Luhan's not lost on the fact they are speaking in Mandarin.

"I've come to take you back to your Clan." Hangeng says.

"What's the catch?" Luhan's skeptical that he's actually going back home.

"You will be confined to your Clan's territory for a period of 25 years. You will not be allowed to name a successor to your seat, and are required to have an agent of the International Council there to survey your Court at all times who has final say in any decisions you make for your Clan and will be your shadow." Hangeng ticked off each requirement. "You got lucky." He says, sighing. "They could have chosen to execute you for touching a Southern Pack wolf, but they chose this instead."

"I wish they would. The Clan won't be happy about this." Luhan mutters, disappointed in himself. "Does...." He stopped and swallowed. "Do my parents know?"

Hangeng sighs again. "No. The entire affair is going to be swept under the rug by the Hunters and the Packs."

"Time's up, Hangeng." A voice calls from up the stairs.

Hangeng looks at Luhan. "Be ready for the backlash when you get back to your Clan." He turns and leaves, and silence envelopes Luhan once again.

Luhan slumps back down, sure that his parents really do know what he's done and are waiting for him back home. He almost wishes now that he'd taken Jessa's boon when she'd offered it.

It's not long before two Hunters come and him out of the cell. He's told the decision made by Boa and Yunho before he's introduced to a tall, imposing looking young man who stares at him with such hatred that Luhan swears his veins carry nothing but ice.

His shadow for the next 25 years is named Sehun, and he's been on the Council long enough to know each law inside and out. He's half fae, which means he can't be charmed, spelled, immobilized, put to sleep, or really have anything done to him. Luhan bows to him, knowing he'd put himself in this situation because he got careless.

Maybe it really was a plot by the Clan members who didn't want him in power. He'll have to find out when they arrive back in his territory.

**

The Clan territory is in chaos. Luhan watches with some satisfaction as 3 members of his Court groveled at his feet, trying so hard to save their own necks. He's angry and not even Sehun can temper Luhan with calm logic.

By the time a month has passed, Luhan has executed 5 vampire families and exiled 3 more to Hangeng, who happily takes them in, though Luhan finds out later that Hangeng had banished them to be the blood dogs for his elderly parents, who are too feeble and blind to feed on their own.

He has no idea that his plan succeeded, but in a completely different way than he'd thought.


A/N: Short chapter here, I know, but things are starting to wrap up slowly. Only 3 more chapters to go!

Also sorry for the late upload when I promised it yesterday. I ended up doing some extra studying for my other class and time got away before I had to go do convention business stuff. I'm on fall break on Monday, so I may upload another chapter before next weekend. Until then, let me know what you think!