A Dream of Foretelling...

The Druid and the Wolf

Luhan sighs, wiping the grime from his hands before his face contorts into disgust. ‘The things I do for my Clan.’ He thinks as he strips quickly and showers in the tiny stall. A clean set of clothing lay on the bed when he wanders into his bedroom, one towel around his waist, another around his neck to catch the tiny droplets of water from his damp hair.

Luhan sits at the desk he’d been provided with, and stares at the small book before him. It was given to him by the Pack’s healer in hopes that writing down his thoughts, he’d recover the memories of his family and his home from where he came.

Snorting in response to his own thoughts, Luhan flips open the book to where he’d left off, scribbling some nonsense down for the day.

After coming back to consciousness, Luhan had found himself locked in the town’s only prison cell, a basement room with no windows, a barred door and a guard at the foot of the staircase leading up to the first floor.

He’d been furious at Fen for tossing him through the wards, probably shattering what remained of them due to his vampiric nobility and strength, but when Luhan had found out he was on the southern side of the border, found by a Pack of werewolves, he’d secretly thanked Fen for what she’d done.

Luhan’s sure now that Fen knew more than she let on, even though her own vampiric powers were for protection, not prediction. The Clan’s new visionary probably had forewarned the young vampire about how stubborn Luhan would be about going through the wards.

Luhan absently rubs at his pink dyed hair. He doesn’t even remember dying it, though he’s got a feeling it’s because of going through the wards, probably a way for others to know he’s violated the treaty, but with the old druid dead, no one would actually know.

Druids and other magically inclined beings tended to have a weird sense of humor which ends up reflecting in their work.

 Looking up at the small clock that Kris had allowed him to have, Luhan reluctantly stands and pulls on the clothing from the bed. He’ll attend the dinner, make small talk, and try to catch the eyes of the druid he is planning to seduce and steal away for the sake of his Clan.

The feast is simple, lots of vegetables, some fruits that had been snuck across the Chinese border, and meat so tender that Luhan plays his part as a misplaced teenage boy and begs Tao to show him how to make meat that tender the next time they have it.

No one mentions that some of the veggies are undercooked, or that Tao’s got a line of bite marks and hickeys that peak out occasionally from under the collar of his shirt, the bright red coloring of them suggesting to Luhan that Tao was accosted by his ‘boyfriend’ not long ago.

Kris is amiable, smiling and laughing at someone one of his Betas tells him, his posture completely relaxed and not anything like what Luhan remembers from the last time he’d seen the Alpha.

Luhan hasn’t gotten a glimpse of the newly arrived guests yet when the younger village wolves retire to their homes. “It’s probably time you should get some sleep.” Tao tells him as Luhan finishes his second helping of meat. “We’ve got a long day tomorrow, preparing the new field for planting the winter crops.”

Luhan nods, being compliant, even though Tao knows he’ll sneak around the house to see the guests, much as many of the younger wolves will.

Leeteuk is still an unmated Alpha, as are the two betas he’d brought with him. Many of their unmated omegas were hoping that the group would show up early enough so they could get a chance to flirt with them.

As soon as Luhan disappears around the corner from the village square, he ducks down behind a bush. He’s been careful not to use any vampiric abilities, as that would give him a need to drink blood, but tonight requires some stealth.

Luhan knows the druid is with them. He could feel the aura of her magic the moment he and Tao had arrived back in the village. Part of him thinks that it would be too easy to enchant her, put her to sleep and then slip across the border back to his Clan where he would change her and declare her his Consort. It could cause an uproar however, and Luhan wants to be more discreet about things than that.

Luhan will have to take the hard way to woo the druid to his cause, even if that means playing the part of a helpless human teenager whose lost his memories.

Taking a breath, Luhan concentrates and becomes translucent. He’s been pretty secretive about his abilities with his Clan since he’d hit puberty, and then again when he’d ascended his position.

One does not survive in a vampire clan without some secrecy, especially those who were born of nobility. The crunch of feet upon gravel catches Luhan’s ears and he turns, fully aware of everything going on around him.

“I think we need to call Boa up here, and possibly Bree as well.” The druid was saying to what Luhan assumes is the Alpha wolf.

“I don’t know if Boa will travel here.” The Alpha replies, a frown on his face. “She and Kris have a less than savory relationship.”

“Not surprised.” One of the other wolves with the pair snorts.

Luhan sneaks behind the group as they pass by the building he’s hidden against.

“I’m sure his omega has a different tale to tell.” The tallest wolf shakes his head. “Especially considering how things went down at that Gathering a couple years ago.”

“This is not the place, nor the time to be discussing that.” The Alpha hisses at the other two male wolves. “We are here as guests. Be polite to them, but don’t spread any rumors. The last thing we need is an angry Alpha or Pack with the problems that are coming.”

Luhan watches the group as they arrive at the gathering set up for them, bowing and shaking hands, introducing themselves to the wolves who remained. He finally learns the druid’s name, and settles in to listen to the group discussing lighter topics with the lesser wolves.

The nearly full moon is high in the sky before the straggling crowd disperses, and Luhan silently follows them back to the house they are staying at, fully intending to find out where Jessa is sleeping.

He’s pleased to learn there are no wards in or around the house preventing him from going inside, and even more pleased to see that Jessa doesn’t feel threatened by the area, and isn’t using a single bit of her druidic abilities.

Vampires, contrary to popular belief, don’t need permission to enter homes. Most of them don’t need blood more than once a month to survive as regular food does provide nutrients to them. It’s only when using their vampiric abilities do they need blood afterwards, something Luhan will have to take care of to replenish the small amount of power he’s currently using.

The wolves bid her good night and Luhan frowns as one of wolves settles down in the front room of the house, intending on keeping a watch. He figures that the wolves are more wary of the Pack they are currently staying with, which tells him a lot more is left unspoken between the two Alphas. It makes him smile gleefully as he realizes that he could use that crack between the Packs to cause some discord.

Luckily there is a back window unlatched and partially open that Luhan will be able to use to escape from the house. As the other wolves settle down to sleep, Luhan waits until Jessa’s fully into the darker parts of sleep before he crouches down next to her, placing a single finger on the pulse point of her wrist.

**

Jessa’s walking in the forest around the Pack house once again, a reoccurring dream, she thinks as she stops at the crossroads in the path. One way leads her down to where she’d encountered the presence in the tree, the other is new.

She her head, confusion flitting across her face. Is the other path new? Or has she not noticed it before?

Deciding to take the new path, unsure of where it will take her, Jessa wanders down the new path, not noticing that behind her, the path is disappearing and along with it, her way back to her Pack house.

By the time she stops, body becoming exhausted due to the strain of walking so far, she turns and realizes she’s completely lost.

It’s odd that she’s actually lost, as her druidic abilities have never led her astray, but even her spirit wolf is silent, the forest around her is deathly quiet, and along with it, a tendril of dread sinks into her stomach.

The forest floor shifts, and Jessa’s thrown to the ground, gasping as the soft sunlight filtering through the forest tree tops grows dim, and throws shadows across the forest floor.

“Shh. I’ve got you.” The voice that whispers into her ear sounds familiar. Soothing. She can’t place it exactly, but she knows she’s heard it before, maybe in some other dream.

A hand at her shoulder, warmth seeping into her skin, calming her. “Who are you?” She asks, looking up into light brown eyes that are filled with warmth and compassion.

“A friend.” He replies, his smile making his cheekbones stand out prominently against his face as he helps her stand.

The ground shifts more underneath their feet and Jessa’s not sure if it’s happening just in the dream, or in real life. She’s tried to tug herself out of the dream before this man found her, and found she’s stuck.

The sunlight fades from the sky overhead, and the forest goes dark. Jessa panics, her abilities gone as she grasps onto the stranger’s arms, crowding into him despite not knowing him.

She’s frightened by the loss of her druidic sense.

“We’re ok.” The man whispers against her ear, easing her against his body more firmly as the ground.

“Do you know how to get out of here?” Jessa asks, wishing for and wanting the comfort of her mate suddenly.

“Yes.” He replies. “I can guide you out of the forest.”

“My..uh..house is in the clearing of this forest.” Jessa tells him, apprehensive of telling him that it’s a Pack house since she doesn’t know exactly who or what this man is.

“I know of it.” He replies. “That is your house? I thought a big family lived there.”

Jessa doesn’t realize when he’s scooped her body up into his arms, their conversation enough to distract her, her panic dulling her senses. “They’re my family.” She says.

If she been stronger and more recovered from her coma, this wouldn’t have happened.

It makes her wonder if she’s in danger of losing what makes her a druid as she tries to listen to the forest, which is still devoid of sounds.

A light up ahead grasps Jessa’s attention, her eyes squinting against the harsh light, wondering why it was so bright out at the edge of the forest when it’s so dark inside it.

Jessa doesn’t see the danger coming at them until it’s too late, the pack of wild wolves snarling and snapping at the man’s feet.

Jessa knows it’s not her future Pack, but one of the wolves feels familiar to her. She stares down the wolf she thinks she knows, and suddenly the pack stops trying to corral them, settling down and whining at the one who’s staring right back at Jessa.

She pushes at the man, who’s still holding her, waiting until he’s set her down on her feet, ignoring his questions as she takes a step toward the wolf.

One of the pack growls at her, but doesn’t attack as she steps even closer to what she assumes is the Alpha female, reaching her hand out toward the wild wolf as if she wants to pet it.

Something pushes Jessa down, a possessive growl behind her and she cries out in pain as a set of teeth sink into her neck.


A/N: As promised, here is a chapter! I leave for Chicago tomorrow morning to see Bangtan Boys live at Rosemont Theatre for their Red Bullet in USA tour. It's nearly an 8 hour drive there, so I expect with all the stops for gas and food to be at Rosemont around 4pm in case any other ARMY's want to meet up (see blog for details), or if anyone in Chicago knows the Chinatown area and wants to be a tour guide. :D 

To have BTS as my first kpop concert seems so surreal!!

*smacks self to calm down* Anyway, so.....there's a bit of foreshadowing of what's to come in later chapters. Welcome to the new subscribers!

Let me know what you think lovelies!