A mates worry

The Druid and the Wolf

Kyuhyun growls, pacing the floor of the Pack house.

Yunho and Jaejoong had shown up nearly an hour ago, and had promptly barred themselves in the Alpha’s office with Kangin, and Kyuhyun’s sure they’re discussing whatever is happening up north.

Jongwoon rounds the corner and sighs at Kyuhyun’s behavior. “I’m sure she’s ok.” He says once Kyuhyun spots him.

The beta’s been nervous ever since his mate bond pulsed the night before, even though he’d talked to Jessa on the phone before bed.

Leeteuk’s assured him that Jessa is in safe hands, chatting with the Chinese boy who’d been found along the border while they wait for the druid to come to the area, but Kyuhyun’s not so sure that they are safe.

Bree had extended her stay until the group comes back from the North as she was required to be there according to Clan customs for when one of their own chooses to leave, so Kyuhyun’s been picking her brain about vampires and how druidic magic works.

“I don’t like this feeling hyung.” Kyuhyun says as Jongwoon comes closer to him. “I feel like she’s just muted the bond, but there is just….there is something odd about it, and I know Head Alpha’s mate will be able to give me some answers.”

“About your mate bond?” Jongwoon asks.

Kyuhyun nods. “It feels greasy, like something has been tainting it. I don’t like how they don’t know for sure that vamps haven’t crossed the border.” He sighs, his shoulders dropping in defeat. “I worry about her, probably too much.” He admits.

Jongwoon’s impressed that Kyuhyun’s opening up to him about this. It speaks volumes to the older beta about how much Kyuhyun’s matured in the past couple of years. He places a soft hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “It’s perfectly normal to worry about your mate.” He says. “Especially since she wasn’t at full strength when they left. Donghae’s been worried too that she’s overexerting herself.”

Kyuhyun nods. Both their heads jerk as the door to the office opens, and Yunho comes out, a frown on his face. “Oh, hey Jongwoon, come back from the military already?” He asks, surprised to see the beta. “Kyuhyun you’re wanted in there.” He says, jerking a thumb back towards the room.

Jongwoon smiles. “Hey Yunho hyung. How’s the Association?”

Kyuhyun misses the reply as he slips past the pair in the hallway, shutting the door softly behind him as Kangin and Jaejoong look at him. “I hear you have some questions for me?” Jaejoong asks, a smile on his face.

“Yeah. It’s about the mate bond.” Kyuhyun says after bowing in respect to the Head Alpha’s mate.

“Sit, and ask away.” Jaejoong says.

“I…I don’t want to interrupt whatever important stuff is going on.” Kyuhyun says, glancing over at Kangin.

Kangin shrugs. “We’re nearly done, so this is a good time.” He says.

Steeling himself, Kyuhyun sits down in the chair and turns to Jaejoong, carefully wording his first question.

**

*a few hours later*

Jungkook feels through the Pack bonds, trying to figure out where everyone is at. He’s been hiding from Kyuhyun the past few days, especially after he’d attached himself to Jessa and refused to let Kyuhyun be near her before she’d left.

He sighs in relief, feeling that Kyuhyun’s presence is far away, meaning either he’s gaming in his room, or he’s in Seoul for work, so he steps out of the room he shares with Taehyung and bumps into a body.

“Heh. Caught you.” Kyuhyun’s smooth voice says as Jungkook looks up at the tall shifter, a smug smile on his face. Jungkook makes a small squeak as he scrambles to stand up, backing up from Kyuhyun, and his eyes going wide as Kyuhyun’s hand snaps out and grasps his wrist. “We need to talk pup.”

Jungkook lets himself be dragged from the hallway and into the study where Kyuhyun makes him sit on the couch while the older shifter turns a chair around and sits in it, staring at him.

“W-what do you want to talk about?” Jungkook asks breathlessly, a slight hint of fear in his voice.

Kyuhyun smiles softly. “I’m not trying to scare you, pup.” He says, tone light and comforting. “I know you’ve grown an attachment to Jessa ever since she came to the house and I don’t want it to come between us as Pack mates.”

Jungkook looks at Kyuhyun, body still slightly tense, as if he’s waiting for the other shoe to drop. “And?”

Kyuhyun sighs, reaching out and grasping Jungkook’s knee, giving it a soft squeeze. “I have no objections to you wanting to be close to her.” He says. “We’re not exactly the most sensitive, or emotional Pack of werewolves in Korea, and it doesn’t help we’re all male.” He explains when Jungkook raises his eyebrows in confusion. “So I’m not surprised you’ve attached to her. Taehyung did the same before he came of age, even though Jessa was unconscious at the time.”

“But I don’t have much time before I come of age.” Jungkook says. “So why are you asking me this?”

“I don’t want any problems between us, especially when Jessa comes back.” Kyuhyun says. “My wolf isn’t happy with the limited contact I’ve had with her before the problems in the north, and your attachment makes him uneasy, but I promised Leeteuk we’d talk before they come back.”

Jungkook looks down at his hands. “I’m sorry if I am interfering with things between you.” He admits. “Jessa….she….she reminds me of my own mother before my Parental pack was killed.” He says. “I just…my wolf wants reassurance that things won’t change much once I become of age.”

Kyuhyun nods. “I think we’ve all gone through that. It’s hard, not knowing what you will present as, especially since you were the son of the Alpha of your Parental Pack.”

Jungkook nods. “I’m afraid I’ll be an Alpha like my father, and then I’ll have to leave this Pack.” He admits. “So my wolf has been clamoring for motherly affection.”

“Something Ryeowook is not doling out as of late.” Kyuhyun says. “Not since he’s being courted.” Jungkook nods in response to Kyuhyun’s words. The beta sighs softly, then stands to move to the couch.

Jungkook’s wariness of the older shifter subsides as Kyuhyun’s arms wrap around his shoulders in a hug. “It’s ok. Even if you present as an Alpha, Leeteuk won’t kick you out. He’ll train you. Hell, for all we know, he could plead with the Head Alpha to keep you in our Pack since we all fit together nicely.”

Jungkook snuggles into Kyuhyun’s arms, his wolf snuffing happily from the contact. “Thank you.” He whispers, voice soft.

They sit like that for a bit, until Kangin’s voice brings them out of their comfortable position, calling for the beta.

“Kyuhyun, Leeteuk’s requested you go with Yunho up north.” He calls. “Yunho will be here in 20 minutes. Get ready.”

“Is it Jessa?” Jungkook asks, worry appearing in his voice.

Kyuhyun takes a second to assess his mate bond, and frowns as he finds it’s more closed off now than it had been hours before. “I don’t know. I can’t tell from this distance.”

“Go.” Jungkook pushes at him. Kyuhyun hugs the pup quickly before bounding out of the study to his room. 


A/N: University starts on Monday the 24th. For those who haven't checked out my blog, due to stricter requirements for school this semester and an increase in studying, I won't be able to update as much, though this does not mean I'll be on hiatus! Updates mostly likely will end up happening on random weekends when I get the chance.

Thank you and welcome to all the new subscribers! My gosh...37 people like this story enough to subscribe to it! ^_^ I do hope you all are enjoying it! Don't hesitate to give feedback, I do really want to know what you think!