Revealing secrets

The Druid and the Wolf

The dark inky blackness faded from his eyes, and Yoongi finds himself blinking up into a ceiling that strangely reminds him of home. Tears well up in his eyes at the errant thought, and Yoongi finds he doesn’t have the strength to will them away as they drip down his cheeks.

“Oh, you’re awake.” A feminine voice chirps from his left. “I wasn’t sure you’d ever wake up.” She rambles as Yoongi takes in his surroundings, the female bustling around the room.

She helps him to sit up after changing the bandages that litter his neck and arms, tutting softly over ones that seemed to have more blood on them than others before setting a table over his lap and a tray with a bowl of clear liquid.

Yoongi hasn’t said a word, preferring to avoid his own thoughts while the young wolf tends to him, even going so far as to hand feed him the liquid from the bowl, which turns out to be a clear chicken broth.

Once the she-wolf leaves him alone after fussing after him a bit more, Yoongi takes a breath and starts to assess himself.

His throat is tender, and his arms ache, though it seems the worst part of the attacks he shielded with his arms. He’s alive, and with a pulse, so he hadn’t been bitten long enough by the blood ers to be turned.

Well, in all reality he doesn’t actually know what the process is to turn someone into a vampire, and he sure as hell doesn’t want to find out. Ever.

Yoongi falls back asleep easily, waking hours later as the female from earlier is back to check on him. “You are healing pretty fast for a human.” She tells him.

“Not human.” Yoongi rasps.

She raises an eyebrow at the words. “Well if you aren’t human, what are you?”

Yoongi takes a moment to try and moisten his lips with a throat still too dry. “Hybrid.” He admits, his voice still raspy.

It’s rare that Yoongi admits his true nature, but he’s already weak and vulnerable. If he was in danger of anything, it would have already taken him while he was unconscious.

“You don’t smell like a hybrid.” She says, frowning as she helps him sit up and lets him wet his throat with some lukewarm water.

“Learned how to control when young.” Yoongi’s tired. So incredibly tired.

“Sleep then hybrid.” She resituates him back to lying down. “You are safe with us.”

The next time Yoongi wakes, he feels much better, his arms and throat don’t ache, and he can move around without straining himself too much.

The female’s still caring for him, and now that he’s much more clear-headed, he looks at her as she’s changing the bandages on his neck, the worst of the wounds he’d taken in battle. “Was there another guy brought in with me?”

She pauses a moment, then goes back to her cleaning. “I know others were brought here after the battle, but you will have to be more specific.”

“He’s tall, blonde hair, tan.” Yoongi swallows down his anxiety over not knowing what happened to Namjoon.

He remembers the battle too well, the stench of vampire too strong for just one or two, and they’d been overrun by a whole pack of them, in broad daylight.

It’d thrown Yoongi off because to his knowledge, vamps aren’t supposed to roam around in daylight unless they are ancient.

These blood ers were young, and skilled in battle, and Yoongi had lost sight of his comrades as he fought off several vampires at once, being driven away from the hill they’d stood on earlier.

The female shrugs. “There are many who could fit that description.” She says. “Our Pack was not spared by the vampire attacks.” She admits. “What is his name? I can ask around for you.”

Yoongi gives her Namjoon’s name and tries to calm himself down. He knows that he’s not allowed outside the room even though he’s getting strong enough to be able to move around, something about some vampires are still out there, and his neck still reeks of vampire scent.

He’s not even sure what day it is, or how long he’s been out with his injuries, so he resolves to ask if his cell phone was amongst his belongings, or if possible, someone was able to contact Yunho or Changmin from the Hunter’s Association.

The female she-wolf isn’t the one who comes into his room next to check on him,, but a tall, lanky male whose smile is too bright, and ears too big on his head as he looks at Yoongi’s neck and arms, listens to his heart and breathing, has him stand and sit, move his limbs around in several ways before declaring Yoongi healed, though he’ll have to have an .

“With the threat of vamps outside our territory barrier, we don’t want you to get injured again.” The lanky delta says. “You were bit by several of them when you were brought in, barely breathing, and so bloody that I thought the beta had made a mistake and you were actually dead, not alive.” He tells Yoongi.

So he’d been nearly killed by the blood ers. He still hasn’t heard anything about the others who’d been brought in. “If I may ask.” He starts. “A fellow Hunter was with me when we were attacked.”

“Oh him.” The delta frowns, sobering up. “He’s…not doing as well as you, I’m afraid. He’s too human.”

Yoongi’s heart leaps into his throat. “Can…can I see him?”

The delta nods, and Yoongi sighs in relief. ‘Namjoon’s alive, that’s all that matters.’ He thinks as the delta motions for Yoongi to follow him.

Namjoon’s face is pale. Paler than when Yoongi had first met him at the Hunter’s Association after passing training, and the older of the two sinks down next to his unconscious body.

Namjoon had barely made it, his body bleeding out from puncture wounds greater than Yoongi’s, the delta had explained. He’d required a few blood transfusions and more than once they thought he wouldn’t make it through the night.

All Yoongi can do now, is stay by Namjoon’s side, and pray that the younger gets better and wakes soon.

Because Yoongi needs to let Namjoon know the truth.

About himself, and their tainted past. Their real tainted past.


A/N: Yay an update before the festivities of the 4th of July start interferring with editing of the next chapters. As of right now, I'm nearing the end of the story in preliminary writing before I go back to edit. I've been writing like crazy over the weekend, damn near obsessively. Don't worry lovelies, there is still plenty of story ahead though!!

BTS came back with Dope last week, and I've been obsessively watching the M/V for it since it dropped...like I have to see it once every day. Dope is my second favorite track off their mini-album! Less than a month before their concert in Chicago, and I'm getting super stoked!!! Even though I won't get to meet BTS (the seat next to me won the hi-touch, I got nothing T_T ), I'm still extremely happy I get to see them performing live!

And OMG you guys, 31 subbies over 1k views now. Words can't descirbe how incredibly thrilled I am to see that people like the story, and are reading it. I hope you enjoy this chapter, and let me know what you think!