A visit from the Head Alpha

The Druid and the Wolf

Boa doesn’t like the feeling she got when she placed her hand back on Jessa’s forehead. After attempting to comfort Kyuhyun, Boa gives up when the young wolf refuses to shift or eat when Boa learns that the Beta had refused food after the fight with the incubus, who is still outside awaiting the ok to transport to a magically protected cell to await his fate.

The baby gives Boa a harsh kick as she settles down in a comfortable chair that Leeteuk knew was her favorite. Glancing around at the young Pack in front of her, she sighs softly as her mate hovers. “Jaejoong, go do something in the kitchen with Ryeowook.” She huffs, annoyance at her mate’s inability to give her space even though she knows he’s doing it on instinct instead of concern.

She may be near her due date, but Boa’s still Head Alpha and no one outranks her, especially here. Not even the International Council. “Where is her Clan leader?” She asks Leeteuk.

“Here.” Leeteuk brings the woman over, her face betraying her age. “Her name is Bree. Bree, this is our Head Alpha. You can address her as Head or Head Alpha but not Alpha, does that make sense?”

Bree nods. “Yes Alpha Leeteuk.” She bows to the pregnant shifter in front of her.

“How is it you can speak Korean?” Boa asks.

“Head Alpha, I am the Clan leader to many druids and have learned a few spells to be able to be fluent in any language.” Bree replies, her eyes clear. She refuses to make eye contact with the pregnant shifter in fear of angering her.

Boa smiles. “Please, sit, and speak to me as one leader to another. You won’t upset me or make me angry from eye contact.”

“I’m sorry Head Alpha, I do not have much true knowledge of werewolves.” Bree replies as she sits in the empty chair to Boa’s left.

“We have much to discuss of your clan member who is currently mated to one of my wolves.” Boa starts off before blinking suddenly. “Leeteuk, I’m going to ask for privacy from the rest of your Pack. There are things I do not think Jessa would wish to be public to her future Pack.”

Leeteuk’s eyes grow wide as he realizes the implication of Boa’s words, hurrying to usher the rest of his Pack out of the room, with promises that they all need a break and he will let them know when to come back. “What do you mean her future Pack, Head Alpha?”

Boa smiles as Bree flushes, her scent giving away that she knows something. “Jessa is no ordinary Druid.” She says to Bree. “She’s the offspring of a shifter and a Druid is she not?”

Bree nods. “Her parents asked me not to tell her when she was tested and chosen to become a Druid.” She replies. “Her mother was an American Pack Omega, and her father was not a young Druid when they met and eloped to Ireland.” The silence from both shifters encouraged Bree to continue. “This was before the International council was formed, so Jessa’s mother’s Pack could not petition to bring her back and charge her father with kidnapping.”

“What do you mean by Pack Omega?” Leeteuk asked suddenly, unfamiliar with the term.

“From what she told me, back in her Pack, they did not have mates or bonds with a single wolf, instead the Alphas and Betas would mate with one Omega or several if the Pack had more than one to ensure that the Pack had children to succeed the Pack and boost numbers.”

Both Leeteuk and Boa shuddered. “I’m happy those days are gone.” Boa mutters, hands absently her belly. “Back then, a female Alpha was unheard of, but Pack records show that any female who presented as an Alpha mysteriously disappeared and was never heard from again.” She tells Leeteuk, who frowns at the information.

Boa looks over at Bree. “Since she is one half Shifter, and mated to one of my wolves, this puts her under both of us.” She says. “Because of this lovely bit of information we have gained, we can sentence that vile demon out on your front lawn to immediate death for harming one of my wolves.” She tells Leeteuk. “But we’re going to make him sweat it out a bit longer with Yunho.”

Leeteuk smiles grimly. Both Boa and Yunho can be devilishly inhumane with their punishments, causing many wolves to wonder if the two are siblings though they clearly are not. Leeteuk’s got his own theories on the relationship between Boa, her mate and Yunho since the Hunter’s Association leader came into power about the same time Boa did. “Good.” He grunts.

Boa shifts in her seat. “Now, there is a technicality that we have to try to gloss over since Jessa doesn’t bear the mark showing she’s one of my wolves, but while Donghae and I were in the room with her, I did get a chance to speak with her spirit Wolf.”

Bree’s head shoots up. “Her spirit animal is a wolf?” She asks, shock lacing her voice. “She never told me that.”

Boa clicks her tongue against the roof of . “It’s to be expected since she doesn’t have the capabilities to change due to her half-shifter nature. Because I am the Head Alpha to all the wolf Packs in this area, she couldn’t hide from me.”

“What did her wolf say to you Head Alpha?” Leeteuk asks, his curiosity peaked. He knows that the Head Alpha has some special abilities due to her position, ones that her unborn child will most likely inherit when he or she becomes of age and presents as the Alpha Heir.

“It’s of a very sensitive nature, one that she begged me not to tell Donghae, not even her mate.” Boa replies. “But since she’ll be under your care, you do have the right to know and dole information out as you see fit.” She looks at Bree, then Leeteuk in turn. “Right when Jessa out, she threw a huge magical ‘bomb’ of energy out through her spirit wolf, rendering herself unconscious and barely with any druidic magic in her body. If the scum outside had succeeded in his claim, Jessa would not be living at this very moment as the of an incubi is magically potent and would have taken the last bit of magic in her body to become imbedded in her womb.” Boa takes a sip of the cooling tea that Ryeowook had placed down when she’d gotten there.

Bree gasps at the news but remains silent, her hands clasped in her lap tightly. Boa clears before continuing. “It is going to take a while for her to regain any amount of druidic magic back, and so she asked that she be moved to a room that has a good view of the forest here, and one that faces the south so she can get sunshine while she heals. The physical damage done to her body,” Boa stops, glances at Bree and takes a deep breath. “Will heal, but she’s unsure she’ll be able to bear children, and this is something she doesn’t want her mate to know until it’s confirmed.”

Leeteuk nods, face stony at the news. Incubi have a notorious reputation for ruining women to the point of death, and while they know that Yoochun had other plans for Jessa, the news still hurts them all. Life is precious to shifters and magic users alike, and he’s not sure how Kyuhyun would handle hearing such news. He clears his throat. “Head Alpha, did she say if she would be waking up, or…?” He leaves the question hanging.

Boa frowns. “She did not say, so I think even her spirit wolf is unsure if Jessa will wake up before she’s completely healed. I would hope so, in order for Kyuhyun to relax and take care of himself as well. If she doesn’t, on the other hand, you may have to sedate him or force feed him.” She shakes her head. “Donghae told me Kyuhyun refused food when it was offered, and while I commend him for wanting to be close to his mate, you may have to order him to eat tonight.”

Leeteuk nods as a knock sounds on the door. “Head Alpha, you wanted to speak with us?” Junsu comes in, the Head of the Council still tense and reeking of anger and fear to the werewolves.

Boa nods. “Come in, please.” She smiles at the Head, attempting to be disarming and calm.

Junsu comes into the room, standing, hands clasped tightly in front of his body as he looks expectantly at Boa. “What is it you wanted to speak to me about?”

Boa gestures to the seat next to Bree. “You may want to see down for this Junsu.” She says calmly. “But I’ve learned something today about the druid that allows us to push for the petition to have the incubi executed.”

Junsu sits, leans forward as Boa speaks, and suddenly the werewolves can smell that the Head is very pleased at the news of pushing for death. “Please, do tell.” He breathes, anticipating and relieved at the same time.

Boa tells Junsu of what she’s discovered, and the Head of the Council’s eyes widen in surprise at the news.

Yunho, Changmin and the other’s investigating the case are quietly told as the van that will carry Yoochun to his holding cell arrives at the Pack house, a couple of magic users the Council contracts with on board the vehicle to keep Yoochun properly contained.

Junsu promises Boa and Leeteuk that once Yoochun’s secured, the leaders of the Council will gather, and he’s sure that the deciding factor in the incubi’s death sentence will be the fact that Jessa is a wolf under Pack protection.


A/N: sorry for the wait everyone! I had a test on Monday so I spent all of last week studying for it and didn't realize I'd missed uploading a chapter on time. I've been thinking there needs to be a fun chapter somewhere in here, something with Hoseok, Jungkook and Taehyun being absolutely silly like how they are in Bangtan Bombs...And OMG you guys, I'm super excited! BTS having a comeback in a couple weeks, their Red Bullet Tour in the US tickets go on sale a few days before their comeback...and I'M GOING TO SEE BTS IN CONCERT!!!  I'm still undecided if I want to do the higher priced VIP ticket or chance the random drawing with the lower priced VIP ticket to do the high-touch event...The fan girl in me wants the higher one, the conservative in me wants the lower one b/c I know I'll be buying merch too. SMH. Though honestly if it was a Super Junior concert, there would be no choice b/c I would HAVE to do the higher VIP cuz I can't not do that with my one true bias group...gahh someday if I'm lucky.....

Anyway! Let me know what you think!