Preplanning

The Druid and the Wolf

2 years later….

“Oppa look!” A small girl with bright brown eyes grins up at Namjoon as he squats down, trying to get as close to eye level to the baby shifter as possible.

“What you do have there?” Namjoon asks, playing dumb as the toddler practically vibrates with excitement.

“A pretty flower for you.” She produces a gap toothed grin, bringing her tiny hands from behind her back and showing him a wildflower.

“Awe thank you.” Namjoon accepts the wildflower willingly into his hands, a smile on his face as the toddler scampers off toward where Yoongi and another person are standing.

He’s still not totally ok with this assignment, the hatred for any supernatural beings still pops up from time to time, but after the intense training that he, Yoongi and a select few others have gone through, Namjoon thinks he will someday be free from the hatred that had been imbedded into his conscious from before he’d joined up with the Hunter’s Association.

Namjoon slowly walks up to the others, still lost in his thoughts and nearly misses the snarl that emits from the other man with them. “The blood ers are getting close.” He hisses.

Yoongi snaps his fingers in front of Namjoon, breaking him out of his thoughts. “Man up.” He hisses. “They’re on the prowl.”

The tiny toddler shifter girl continues to play around in the tall grass as the 3 men stand ready for any attacks. She’s completely unaware of the potential danger she’s in, chasing a random butterfly.

Protecting the shifter girl is their priority now, a far cry from their previous jobs. A deal they’d struck with Yunho and the Council.

The softest of whispers hits Yoongi’s ears, and he whips around so fast that Namjoon feels the bruise forming before the pain at his elbow can register in his nervous system.

“They’re here.”

**

“Another attack on the northern border?” The Head Alpha’s voice raises an octave as she listens to whomever is on the other end of the phone line, her brows furrowed in concentration as she absentmindedly rubs at her belly.

Jaejoong glances warily at his mate as she grows increasingly agitated during the conversation, placing the cup of tea in front of her on the desk, backing away as she slaps a fist dangerously close to the cup. “I don’t care what message they have.” She snarls. “Send more reinforcements up there. I’ll deal with the Council and the Hunter’s Association.”

Slamming the handset down on the desk, Boa groans in frustration, placing her head on the desk, taking deep calming breaths. “I think it’s time we paid Leeteuk a visit.” She says suddenly. “I’ve a bad feeling these blood ers found a loophole in their forced encampment in Russia and are exploiting it trying to come to our territory.”

“You want me to call ahead or are we just showing up?” Jaejoong asks, frowning.

“Call ahead. I’ve a feeling that Kyuhyun doesn’t want anyone showing up unannounced, especially not after what happened a couple years ago.” Boa responds, standing up.

Jaejoong shudders, distaste over the events seeping through their bonds. “I’ll call and set up a time. Soon as possible I assume?” He asks, setting down the tray he’d used to bring in the tea.

“Yes. At his place unless there’s a good reason to not be there.” Boa nods, pride seeping through her tough Head Alpha exterior toward her mate.

The faint peal of laughter from their nearly 2 year old daughter filters through the house as Boa continues to work on the headache forming at the northern borders of the South Korean shifter packs. Jaejoong comes back with a date and time to see Leeteuk, affirming that Jungkook would be turning 20 in the coming fall, and that Jimin had successfully finished his omega training, meaning that Leeteuk’s Pack would be in need of a larger house sooner or later. 2 Omegas in one house meant the potential for a lot of children.

It takes 2 more calls before Boa’s ready to go, wondering if her preplanning for the largest Pack in her domain will be worth what she’s going to be asking from them.


A/N: yeah it's kind of a ty filler chapter, and I know some people might be upset at the time skip, but it's for a good reason, I promise!! Besides, angsty moody Kyuhyun was not working out so well in the first version of this chapter, and the way he was being written reflected my mood after Uni finals so I had to take a step back and a day off before I could do this. My finals were this year with the sheer amount of studying I had to do. 

Don't expect an update until next week for sure. An annual sci-fi fantasy writers convention is going on this upcoming weekend (I'm doing a fan fiction panel there :D ), AND my MiL is coming in for Mother's day (UGGGHHHH), and tonight's ty, storm filled weather was so ty (2.02 inches of rain in LESS than a hour) , we ended up having both a leak in our basement AND our roof. SMH.

Anyway....I promise next chapter will be much more impacting...and I probably will be throwing some goofball action between the rest of the BTS boys too!! If you haven't heard, BTS made their comeback the end of April and OMFG I'm in looooove with the mini-album!!!! they're up against EXID, Girls Generation and Big Bang for music shows, but EXID's song is pretty damn catchy too. Not impressed with GG's single (though Hyoyeon got more than one line! AHH) and as a VIP I was severely disappointed in Big Bang's singles...I can only hope the release next month will be better.

Anyway I'm getting long winded, better cut it short. Feedback is appreciated!!