Epilogue

2 Different Worlds.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeri shuffled her feet out of the car and held onto her bag straps tightly, not daring to look up at the school in front of her. She had been so used to being in abundance of her parents' undivided love and attention but now that she was going to nursery, it meant everything was shared. This morning had not been such a good one, especially since her fun-loving mother wasn't around when she awoke to the smell of yummy scrambled eggs made by her prettiest-in-the-world mother - name was given by Yuri, by the way. She was so used to seeing Yuri in the morning that she was actually upset that it was different today. 

“Baby,” Yoona bent down in front of her precious baby girl and cupped Yeri’s small face, leaning in to plant a small kiss on her nose. She knew how reluctant Yeri was to go to school after receiving a text from her wife who was away on a business trip. “School’s going to be fun, okay? I promise Umma will be here to fetch you.”

Okay, Yoona was a little jealous of the way her daughter's eyes lit up the moment she heard her words. Her wife and her mini-me got along so well that she felt left-out sometimes. 

Perhaps it was because Yuri wasn't strict on the whole teaching-only-good-stuff thing, which Yoona stuck to most of the time. It was needless to say that both of them had very different views on parenting and even more vastly different priorities regarding Yeri's bringing up. Yuri wanted Yeri to have a good childhood with fun and games while Yoona was was more persistent on making sure Yeri focused on some basic education instead. It might have been a little but Yoona wanted to make sure that Yeri got a good start compared to other kids in her batch.  

Yeri suddenly threw her small body into Yoona’s arms, “I love you too, Mommy, and Umma too…”

“I love you too, sweetheart.”

 

Driving around the streets of Seoul was something Yoona enjoyed, especially seeing the bustling street full of people. She held many memories of disguised dates with Yuri here; in fact, Yuri always made sure to have a disguise heavy enough to prevent anyone from recognising them. There were many instances where Yuri had to force Yoona to put on a disguise, and sometimes it ended up in a argument. Yoona was proud of her relationship and she wanted to show it off to everyone she knew, including her fans. It was an albeit naive mindset but Yuri adored her for it; Yuri would always protect Yoona anyway. 

When her phone began to sound, Yoona smiled and activated the Bluetooth function so it would connect to the phone’s caller system in the radio.

“Hello?”

“Baby…”

Yoona giggled and tapped her manicured nails on the steering wheel, “do you always have to whine when you greet me?”

There were sounds of commotion in the background, most likely due to the bustling, crowded environment in the airport. Yuri was not heavily disguised; in fact, she was only wearing a snapback and an oversized hoodie to cover up her build. She must have underestimated the power of social media because there were still people staring and taking photos of her even though she wasn't an idol or entertainer. It was a pain in the though, knowing she wouldn’t have enough privacy to herself when she wanted some solidarity. That thought alone made her wonder how Yoona handled it.

Yuri placed the phone between her cheek and her shoulder, grabbing her luggage from the conveyor belt, “are you picking me up today or are you working?”

Yoona rested her palm on the gearstick casually and continued tapping her nails on the wheel, waiting for the light to turn green. “I’m at the airport, Hon. I just need to park the car somewhere first then I’ll come get you. By the way, your princess was sulking this morning because you told her you’d be able to see her before her first day of school.” Yoona almost sighed when Yuri started grumbling under her breath; her wife and daughter were so similar sometimes.

“God, she must be so upset with me.”

“Yul…”

“I know, I know. I’m not supposed to spoil her so much.”    

Smiling in satisfaction at Yuri’s obedient reply, Yoona blew a kiss to her wife over the phone before hanging up. She hummed a song to herself as she kept her phone and swerved into the carpark, her keen eyes scanning for a lot near the entrance. Come to think of it, Yoona was the one who forced Yuri to bring more baggage today compared to her other business trips. It was no wonder why Yuri was being so whiny and taking so long to come out of the departure gate today. 

“Oh, Yul….”

 

*

 

Taeyeon panted heavily as she slumped down onto the sofa; she had been running after her son the entire day. She didn’t know where Lincoln had gotten his hyperactive personality from; Tiffany did have quite a fair bit of excitement in her and she was more bubbly than most people but definitely not as much as their son. She must have been a fool to think that she'd able to get a good rest on her day-off. If Lincoln was hyper at a mere three years old, they should have known he'd be even more hyperactive at a good seven years old.

“Umma! Come play with me!” Lincoln bounced up and down the other sofa, throwing his arms in the air as he did so. “You’re supposed to play zombie with me!”

A groan left Taeyeon’s lips this time; it was almost impossible to keep up with Lincoln when he had energy. She wondered if Lincoln was ever tired because whenever she saw him, he was busy running around. Tiffany had suggested bringing him to the doctor to treat his hyperactivity but Taeyeon rejected it; he was still young and he was allowed to have as much fun as possible. Taeyeon might not be much of a fun-loving person but she knew how to keep up with Lincoln when he needed someone to play with, especially when Tiffany wasn't around to take over for her.

Lincoln plopped his onto Taeyeon’s lap, throwing his arms around his mother’s neck, “Umma… I want to sleep.”

Taeyeon cocked an eyebrow at her son’s unexpected words and she gently broke the hug, cupping Lincoln’s face, “are you feeling sick, Lincoln? Don't you want to have something to eat first?”  

All of a sudden, Lincoln leaped up from Taeyeon’s arms and smiled, broadcasting his missing front teeth. He was quiet only because he was worried that Taeyeon was too tired; he was young but he also knew what guilt was and it was what he felt after the constant urging towards his mother to play. Taeyeon merely burst into laughter and lifted her baby boy into her arms, carrying him into the kitchen with her. It would also explain the reason why Tiffany had difficulty managing the both of them when they were in on everything together. 

Lincoln didn’t even wait for Taeyeon to prepare anything for him; he was an independent boy now. He ran to the corner and brought out his own stool so he could step on it, opening the fridge door with ease now. He peeked into the fridge with wide eyes, oblivious to Taeyeon’s unusually wide smile and proud gaze. She was proud of how much Lincoln had grown and matured over the years, especially when he had been a rather mischievious one back then. It was as if he had gone through a growth spurt when he was attending kindergarten. 

“Umma,” Lincoln tugged on his mother’s shirt, “here’s the fried chicken that Mommy wanted you to finish by today.”

Right at that moment, Taeyeon’s eyes made contact with Lincoln’s cheeky ones, both mother and son having the same idea simultaneously. 

 

*

 

“Wow, Yul…”

“What? She wanted them!”

Yoona cocked an eyebrow as Yuri dropped the multiple bags on the carpeted floor in front of the sofa; Yuri had just come back from her business trip but it didn’t stop her from buying loads of goodies for her princess. When Yuri had given her the satisfactory answer back in the carpark, Yoona assumed that Yuri wasn’t going to make the same mistake again but alas, this was the outcome now. She should have known that Yuri was a er for their daughter, and there was no way Yuri would win over the charm the young one had. 

Yuri slumped on the sofa and rested her head against her palm, preparing herself for another lecture from her wife. She grinned when Yoona seemed to be faltering though; it has been a while since they seen each other. Her last business trip was a little longer than usual, lasting almost a week or so. If anything, Yoona wanted nothing more than to cuddle in her wife’s arms and not lecture the woman. Yet, she did have to say something about Yuri's constant spoiling of their daughter.

“Yul…”

“How bout we skip the lecture?” Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter