Chapter 11

2 Different Worlds.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri laid in bed, hugging Yoona's pillow nearer to her. She was having an incredibly high fever, her temperature almost reaching 40 degrees. Yoona wouldn't have left her alone if she could help it but work was still ongoing and Yuri had managed to persuade her to go.

“Yuwree, how are you feeling now?”

Tiffany came walking in with a basin of water and a small towel. She didn't have any schedule today so she would take care of Yuri for Yoona while Taeyeon would do likewise for Yuri, taking care of Yoona during her work.

Yuri groaned, her voice cracking, “Mmm... F-Fany....” She felt horrible, wanting to just sleep and never wake up. Yuri rarely fell sick like this and this was the exact reason why. She became extra emotional and sensitive to everything happening around her. 

“Aigoo, this black monkey...” Tiffany sighed in pity, placing her hand against Yuri's forehead.

The older girl's heart really went out to Yuri because she was in such a bad state and no one would ever see this weak side of Kwon Yuri. Yuri never failed to put up a strong front because she was a bodyguard but who would ever take care of her when she was weak? 

“Yul, I need to put the towel on your forehead. It'll be a bit cold, okay?” Tiffany said and Yuri just nodded, turning her weak body to face Tiffany. 

Tiffany was a mother to Yuri, more than just a sister. Tiffany has this natural motherly instinct to her actions and Yuri loved that trait very much. It made her feel close to Tiffany and that was what she needed, because Yoona was going to be her future wife. 

“When's Yoona coming back?” Yuri whispered, holding onto Tiffany's hand. “Soon, sweetie. Rest well, okay? I'll get Taeyeon to grab some ingredients for me so I can cook you seaweed soup and chicken broth. It's supposed to be good for fevers.” Tiffany whispered, bending down to kiss Yuri's forehead. 

Yuri shook her head frantically with a pout on her face, “No.....” 

If there was anything that Yuri hated the most in her life, it was chicken broth. Her mother used to make it whenever she got sick but that all disappeared when Yuri's mother suddenly vanished from her life. She didn't want to relieve those memories, not in this life.

“Okay.... I'll just cook seaweed soup?” Tiffany asked unsurely, because Yoona had specifically told her to cook chicken broth for her girlfriend. “Mm... Thanks, Fany. Call me when Yoona comes home?” Yuri asked in a small voice, sounding like a little child. She really needed Yoona by her side right now, especially when she felt like dying over and over again.

Tiffany bent down and kissed Yuri’s forehead, “I will, go to sleep... If you want to throw up or go anywhere, call for me okay?”

Tiffany walked down the stairs with a heavy heart, wondering if it was even safe to leave Yuri in the room alone. She thought of the night before, smiling at how romantic Yuri's proposal was and yet, unfortunately got herself sick in bed with a high fever. 

Soon, her phone started to vibrate violently on the kitchen counter top. Tiffany didn't even have to look at the caller ID to know who could be calling so early in the morning.

“Hi, Yoongie.”

“UNNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! How's Yuri?”

Tiffany bit her lip, preventing herself from laughing out loud. Yoona greeted her explosively but became as soft as a mouse when Yuri's name was mentioned. 

“She's still having a fever. Um...”

“What, Unnie? TELL ME!”

“You need Jesus.”

“Shut up, Unnie! Finish your sentence right now! R-I-G-H-T N-O-W!!”

The redhead covered her poor ears, not wanting to go death at such a young age. Yoona's voice could pierce ear drums when she wanted to. “Calm down, gosh. Yuri doesn't want chicken broth so I'm not going to force it down . I'll make seaweed soup for her instead, okay?”

“Oh.... Damn it, Unnie. You scared me to death. Oh, by the way... Taeyeon-unnie seems to be a little over the top this morning, mind telling me what happened last night?”

“Wipe that stupid smirk off your face, Im Yoona. We should talk more about Yuri's 10/10 surprise last night.”

Tiffany smirked and burst into laughter, her silly cousin had hung up immediately after hearing about Yuri's proposal to her last night. 

The older girl continued to bustle around the kitchen, unaware of the tanned girl supporting herself down the stairs. Yuri smiled as she watched Tiffany's facial expressions change with every single action she did, the girl didn't know how to cook very well.

“Fany…” Yuri called out and walked towards the kitchen, rubbing her eye with one hand. Tiffany quickly dropped whatever she was holding and rushed to Yuri’s side, yelling at the younger one,  “YUWREE! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT CALLING ME?!”

Yuri rolled her eyes slightly and let Tiffany support her to into the kitchen fully. She was aware that she was being overly concerned but Tiffany couldn't help it, not when she knew that Yuri would the same for her if they were in reverse circumstances. 

“I'm feeling much better, Fany-ah. Let me show you how to cook proper seaweed soup.” Tiffany blushed slightly in embarrassment and nodded her head meekly, Yuri really did sound healthier and her skin colour was back to normal instead of being pale like a ghost.

“Look here, Fany. We’ll make it together and then, we'll have whatever w cooked for lunch.”

Yuri smiled when she saw Tiffany keenly watching her actions.

Step 1: Soak 10g of dried seaweed in water for at least 30 minutes

“But usually, you have to look at the texture and thickness of the seaweed first. Depending on those factors, the time you take to soak the seaweed will vary.” Yuri said professionally, hands moving very swiftly and smoothly. Tiffany peeked over her shoulder, “So if I take 30g of seaweed, I may need to soak for more than 45 minutes to an hour?” 

Yuri nodded, patting Tiffany's head. 

Step 2: Rinse the seaweed twice before draining the water. After this, cut the seaweed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter