Chapter 16

2 Different Worlds.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weather was wonderful; birds were chirping and the sunrays were shining down on everyone. Yuri was elated that Mr Im had indirectly gave her a chance last night and she was going to prove herself today. She got up way before Yoona even stirred and she was currently enjoying her daily morning jog alone. Jogging alone allowed her to think of many things and though she would have preferred Yoona around, she knew Yoona must have been extremely worn out since she had been so worried that her father would separate them. 

Oh, there were still some people she needed to update....

“Hello?”

“Mmmm… Y-Yul?” Tiffany looked at the clock resting on her beside table and slowly pushed herself to sit up, gently running her fingers through her sleeping girlfriend’s blonde locks, “why are you calling so early?”

Yuri frowned as she sat on the bench, pouring some water over her head, “I’m so sorry, did I wake you up?”

Tiffany smiled sheepishly, “sort of. Anyway, what can I help you with? Is Yoong okay?” Tiffany was starting to get worried for the couple, she just remembered that the couple had gone back to Yoona's house to officially let Mr Im know about their relationship. It was only manners that Yoona let her father know after the reporters revealed it all over the news. 

Clearing , Yuri chuckled, “we’re all okay. Apparently, him letting me stay over last night was an indication that he’s giving me a chance. Do you know what Mr Im likes? I need to be on his good side if I’m going to continue dating his princess publicly.” Yuri might be the biggest klutz in all of South Korea but for Yoona, she will be more than just another goofball. If Mr Im wanted Yuri to be a superhero, hell, she would do it just to get his approval for dating Yoona. 

“Honestly,” Tiffany started, she couldn’t think of anything, “Uncle isn’t fussy about materialistic things; he’s just trying to find a good partner for Yoona. He’s only extra worried because… well, we’re all females and he has never thought of Yoona as someone into girls instead of the opposite .”

That makes sense.

It was natural for Mr Im to be doubtful of her, Yuri would definitely give him that. She was expecting this reaction anyway. The only thing she didn’t expect was Mr Im to actually give her a chance. Even if he didn’t in the first place, Yuri would do anything to prove herself worthy of Mr Im’s extraordinary expectations. Yuri bent down and tied her shoelaces tightly, she already had an idea of what to prepare for breakfast when she went back to Yoona's house. 

“Does he prefer traditional Korean breakfast or American breakfast? I know Yoong prefers Korean.”

Come to think of it… Mr Im’s and Yoona’s tastes were pretty different when it came to food.

Tiffany felt bad for Yuri but if she was going to win Mr Im over, then she had to accomplish this task, “Mr Im likes American food… he always asks me to make it when I go over.”

 

So Mr Im wants American while Yoona wants Korean?

Yuri could do that.

When it came to Yoona, Yuri could do anything. 

 

 

Thank God, she brought her wallet with her as she went jogging so she could save time. If she needed to prepare two different kinds of cuisines then she was already behind time.

Yuri walked through the aisles of the supermarket, her eyes scanning through each and every product carefully. She needed to make sure she had sufficient ingredients or all her plans would go to waste. She looked back down at the basket she was holding, there was already a can of baked beans; a carton of four eggs; bottles of sauces and a packet of kimchi. 

All she needed some seaweed to make Yoona's favourite kimbap. 

Yuri felt her phone vibrate and she took it out of her sling, unable to stop grinning at the Caller ID, “Hello? Baby?” She could hear Yoona yawning like a baby seal in the background and she smiled even wider, her girlfriend had clearly just woken up.

“Where are you?” Yoona whined, she really wanted to see Yuri beside her when she woke up till she remembered that they slept in different rooms, “I thought you would be the one to wake me up.” 

A snicker left Yuri’s lips as she threw a loaf of bread into the basket, “Yoong, I’m at the supermarket buying ingredients for breakfast. I’ll be back soon, okay? I miss you already.” 

Yoona giggled bashfully as she covered her warm face, Yuri could make her blush so easily. She should have known that Yuri would go all out to impress her father, “we already have most of the ingredients for Korean breakfast. Come back soon, please.” She lay back down on her bed and hugged her Rilakkumma closer. 

 

The couple exchanged some sweet-nothings before they ended the call and amazingly, Yuri was already a few metres away from Yoona's house. She made a note to give Yoona a sweet reward for being able to distract her and make her trip home shorter. Yuri couldn't help but have a bounce in her step, she was more than excited to make breakfast for Mr Im. 

Before Yuri could make her way to the kitchen, an energetic ball of cuteness flew to her and threw herself at her. Yuri would have fallen and the two might have gotten injured if Yuri didn’t manage to keep her balance. Yuri smacked her clingy girlfriend’s , “Yoong, that was dangerous. Don’t do that unless I’m really stable, I don’t want you to get hurt.” Yoona balled her fists and banged it against Yuri’s shoulder, “don’t be such a wet blanket, baby. Just be thankful that I miss you.”

If it wasn't for her father who cleared his throat while walking down the st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter