Chapter 12

2 Different Worlds.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri was watching over Tiffany for the time being, hoping that the older girl would calm down. She was too familiar with being lonely because she had learnt to love independently as well. 

 

Flashback. 

Kwon Yuri was always closer to her mother; she was the heroine in her life. She never really interacted much with Mr Kwon, neither did the older man try to interact with his daughter. It didn't really bother her because she had her mother, her mother was all she needed.

“Baby, why aren't you asleep?”

Yuri turned towards the door, finding her mother standing there. Yuri pouted, spreading her arms and Mrs Kwon immediately knew what her baby wanted.

Mrs Kwon sighed and laid her body beside Yuri's small one, patting Yuri's body to sleep. “Aigoo, you're already coming to 10. You have to start sleeping on your own, Yuri.”  

Yuri hugged her mother tightly around the waist, snuggling her face into Mrs Kwon's chest. She didn't know why but she could feel that their relationship was turning more distant than ever.

“Umma…”

“Yes, baby?”

“I love you...” 

Mrs Kwon smiled and her eyes started to tear, she loved her baby so much too. She loved Yuri with all her heart and she never wanted her little princess to forget that no matter what happened in the future. 

 

-

 

It passed in a flash. That sweet moment between Yuri and Mrs Kwon seemed to have been forgotten as 9-year-old Yuri came home to an empty house. “Umma?” Yuri placed her bag on the sofa and took off her jacket, calling out for her mother. Mrs Kwon would always stand by the front gate to make sure her princess would get off the school bus safely. 

“Umma, where are you?” 

Yuri was starting to panic as she checked the kitchen and found no one there. She looked at the house phone and thought for a while. 

What good would calling her father do? Mr Kwon was never home and he never bothered to check on them anyway, it was as good as asking the wall for help. 

“Umma....”

Yuri finally collapsed on the floor, tears streaming down her eyes. She brought her head to her knees, crying her heart out as her mother had disappeared totally. 

Flashback end. 

 

Tiffany was taken aback when Yuri started sobbing to herself, she had never once seen Yuri shed a single tear from the time she had known the girl until now. “Y-Yul... What's wrong?” Tiffany cooed, bringing the tanned girl into her arms. Yuri sniffed and brought her arms around Tiffany's waist, burying her face into the older girl's neck. 

Yuri needed comfort and Tiffany couldn't be any happier to give it to her because Yuri had done the same for her. She respected Yuri's privacy very much and if the girl wasn't ready to open up, Tiffany would simply wait for her to be comfortable.

“Fany.... Do you think me and Yoona will last?” Yuri mumbled against Tiffany's neck, eyes staring at nowhere in particular. 

Tiffany was slightly surprised, " Yeah. Why the sudden question? Did something happen between you two? " The redhead didn't want to hear about any problem just yet, the two girls had just gotten together a few nights ago. 

The two of them looked perfect together. 

Yuri sighed, playing with Tiffany's hair, “Nope. I just don't want both of us to get hurt when we realise that we're not actually not enough for each other.”

You'll always be enough for me, Yoona.

 

 

Taeyeon watched Yoona rush to and fro from the recording studio and she couldn't help but chuckle at the younger girl's antics. She had gotten used to seeing the Nation's Sweetheart become a mess when it came to Yuri but it still amused her time and again.

“Yoong, Yuri's with Fany. I'm pretty sure she's okay...” Taeyeon informed patting Yoona's shoulder. “What if Fany-unnie's sleeping? You know how she can turn into a sleepyhead!” Yoona pouted, looking at her phone worriedly. 

Yoona knew she was over reacting but she couldn't help it when Yuri was in the picture. She wanted the best for Yuri, especially when Yuri thought of nothing but the best for herself. 

 

To: My Blacky 

Baby, how are you feeling?

I hope you're better and I hope Fany-unnie is taking care of you like she promised!

I'm almost done with recording and I'll be home before you know it, hehe. I love you so much, you dork. 

From: Princess Yoong 

 

“Yoona! Recording!” Yoona groaned and kept her phone, walking towards the recording studio with a big sigh. 

Couldn't she have a moment with Yuri without any interruptions? 

 

 

 

Yuri saw the message Yoona had sent and the guilt crept into her heart, how could she have doubted Yoona when all the girl was doing was make sure she was fine? Tiffany looked at Yuri's phone and saw the message, her smile widening at Yuri's reaction.

“Trust me, Yul. When Yoona loves someone, she won't let that person go under any ” Tiffany patted Yuri's head. 

Tiffany wasn't immune to what Yuri was feeling. As artistes and public figures, it would be quite a challenge to date and keep it under wraps. On top of that, Yoona and her were both South Korea's icons so paparazzi were practically waiting to get some dirt on them.

 

To: Princess Yoong 

I always feel better after seeing your message, sweetheart. Yes, Fany is taking very good care of me. Hehe, don't worry so much about me. You bette

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter