Chapter 20

2 Different Worlds.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leaning against the car door was a tall, milky skinned, doe-eyed woman; she had been waiting for her girlfriend to finish her meeting with her subordinates since half an hour ago. Her legs felt like they were going to give way any moment, but Yoona knew better than to disturb Yuri when the latter was busy arranging rosters and allocation of bodyguards.

Yoona leisurely scrolled through the Dispatch page, wanting to pass time when her sharp eyes caught sight of a rather interesting post. 

“Kwon Yuri and Im Yoona… reported to be seen exploring the sights of the Namsan Tower last night. Even though the level of criticism was high when the official reports came out, the pair seem to be going strong and rumours of them getting married in a few months are now travelling around once more…”

There were still rumours about them when Yoona practically announced into the whole world? She was rather tickled at the huge amount of interest the reporters still had for their relationship but it was reasonable, considering that she had thrown away her career to be able to love freely - it was a good decision; one of the best she ever made. 

“Yoong!”

Yoona turned around and found Yuri running towards her with an apologetic expression on her face. “Don’t run, Yul. Take your time!” Yoona shook her head, giggling when Yuri ignored her words and continued to run towards her; perhaps she should really start getting used to Yuri not listening to any of her words from now on. 

Yuri encircled her arms around Yoona’s waist tightly and buried her face into her girlfriend’s neck, “Yoong.” Yoona tried to push Yuri a little when she felt something wet on her neck, only to have the head nuzzle even deeper against her. “Yul? What’s wrong, baby?” Yoona didn't even manage to receive an answer, especially before Yuri placed a small but weak kiss on the column of her neck. 

“Just hug me, baby.”

Yuri sounded as if she was going to break down, and Yoona wasn’t going to force it out of her poor girlfriend like this. Yuri never hid anything from her so there was nothing much for Yoona to worry; either way, Yuri would tell her as soon as she was ready. Yoona merely ran her fingers through Yuri’s hair, pressing kisses on her head time and again as she let her girlfriend start to sob her heart out.

“Hush, Yul…” Yoona whispered, cradling Yuri’s head into her neck as they embraced near the car. 

It took a while for Yuri to calm down, and for Yoona to persuade the latter to go into the car since Yuri was clinging to her tightly. Yuri was now resting her head on Yoona’s chest, Yoona laid back on the reclined seat as she continued soothing her girlfriend like a little child. Yoona found it rare of Yuri to cry like this, and she saw it as a sign of opening up; it would be so much easier to understand each other like this. 

When Yuri finally looked up at Yoona with her teary puppy eyes, Yoona felt as if she was about to combust inside. She gently reached a hand down and softly caressed Yuri’s cheek, “are you ready to tell me what happened?” Yuri sighed, not knowing whether telling Yoona was the right choice or not; the odds of her feeling guilty was incredibly huge.  

“I want you to promise me something first.”

“What?” Yoona asked, “how did me asking you something turn into a compromise with me on the losing end?”

“Please.”

Yoona frowned and brushed the lingering strands of hair blocking Yuri’s face away, “seriously, what is it? You’re making me worried and frustrated here.” Yuri knew she had no way out of it and Yoona wasn’t going to let her skip this topic now that she was trying to negotiate with Yoona to promise her something. “At least promise me you won’t leave me.” Yuri pleaded, both her hands holding onto Yoona’s cheeks.

“What did you do?” Yoona glared at her girlfriend, “why does it sound as if you’ve been cheating on me and you want forgiveness?”

“WHAT?!”

Yuri huffed and scrambled off her girlfriend, squeezing herself into the corner of the car as she sulked; she crossed her arms over her chest and pouted, looking out of the window. Yoona wanted to laugh out loud when she saw Yuri's reaction; Yuri cheating was definitely not an option if Yuri was making a big fuss like a child would throw her temper around. 

“Alright, alright….” Yoona tugged on Yuri’s wrist, pulling her girlfriend back to their previous position, “Out with it then.”

“I… I met Appa just now.”

Yuri felt Yoona tense up under her and she rested her arms on either side of Yoona’s face, hovering over her girlfriend. “I know what you’re thinking, and I’m not going to let you go ahead with it.” Yoona’s eyes stung, tears filling her eyes at the thought of Yuri getting disowned by her father because they were dating. Yuri had proven her father wrong but what about Mr Kwon? Would Yoona be able to do the same or would it fail? 

“I can talk to him if you want, Yul,” Yoona eyed Yuri’s expression and she rubbed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter