Final

2 Different Worlds.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri paced up and down along the corridors of the labour rooms as well as maternity wards, mumbling incoherent words to calm herself down. She didn’t want to barge into the room but her worry was killing her, and it was still making her antsy as hell; the contraction She had never been in such a position before; at times like this, it was a miracle how some husbands could remain calm, because she felt extremely lightheaded – just like she was about to pass out anytime now.

“Jesus Christ. Stop pacing, you .”

“TaeTae!” Tiffany smacked her wife’s arm and frowned, “don’t call Yuri that when she’s already panicking!”

Tiffany was the best, Yuri thought. She made it a mental point to make it up to her for trying to help her destress; Yoona would definitely like that as well. Unlike her own cousin who wasn't doing anything useful at all, Tiffany was the one who was maintaining her composure. Yuri's breath hitched when she heard a sharp scream echo from the labour room. She had been standing here for the past two hours when Yoona was brought in because of her extremely painful contractions; it wasn't surprising but worrying since Yoona wasn't due just yet, according to their calculations.

When the door opened, Yuri stopped short and nearly knocked her face against the surface. 

“Miss Kwon! She wants you in there.”

Yuri practically pushed past whoever was blocking her and ran straight to Yoona’s side, her heart breaking at the sight of Yoona’s sweaty face and teary eyes. “Are you okay, baby?” Yuri asked softly and gently dabbed away the sweat droplets on Yoona’s forehead, giving her a kiss on the lips afterward. Yoona didn't say anything, but she buried her face into Yuri's chest; the pain was killing her but they needed to get her out real fast. 

There were many stories of how babies have died in their mother's womb because the delivery time was too long or there was not enough nutrients. The second option was practically impossible because Yuri had waited on her hand and foot, not allowing Yoona to do any chores at all - even washing the dishes had to be supervised by Yuri. Yuri had originally hired a nanny to take care of Yoona since she had to work in the company so there would be income and also to dispel Yoona's worries of her not working for the time being. Yet when Yuri found herself staying home even with the nanny around, Yoona decided to rethink their choices of having her there. 

One experience was enough.

 

Flashback. 

Yuri was still in the car, tapping her fingernails anxiously on the steering wheel as she counted the seconds that went by. She had been stuck in the traffic jam for so long and all she wanted to do was go home to accompany her poor wife - that word still felt so surreal and sacred to the both of them. Yuri didn't know how long it was going to take for her to get used to it, knowing that they still had a long way to go together. For heavens' sake, Yuri still couldn't stop herself from tearing when she watched Yoona sleep either at night or in the mornings where she woke up first. 

“Oh my God… this needs to happen at this time, huh?”

And to think she even wanted to get dinner for Yoona; with the jam moving at this speed, Yuri wouldn’t even make it back in time for supper, much less dinner. She already knew what food Yoona would like to have tonight, since Yoona was busy whining about her food restrictions lately. Being a born shikshin, Yoona never hesitated to throw anything and everything into but Yuri was worried about the nutrients their baby might have been getting so she went to buy a couple of pregnancy books and, boy - Yoona scolded her for almost a day straight due to her newfound diet. 

Her vibrating phone finally got her attention though, and Yuri smiled tenderly after seeing that it was her wife on the phone. 

“Hey, baby.”

“Yul… I thought you said you’d be back home with my pizza!” Yoona whined, kicking her legs against the sofa in frustration; she didn’t have any snacks because her wife promised to bring her favourite flavoured-pizza. She held the thick comforter in one hand as the other held the phone, “you lied to me again.”

Yuri pouted, facepalming as she listened to her wife rant about how she was not home yet and complaining about why in the world Yuri lied about getting her dinner. Yoona's moodswings were getting more extreme by the day and Yuri wasn't complaining, just that it made her worry when Yoona was left alone with the nanny she hired. if Yuri couldn't handle her from over the phone, then there was a high possibility that the nanny wasn't doing too well either. She suddenly felt bad but someone had to be with Yoona; it was impossible for her to go to work in peace if Yoona was alone at home. 

“Okay, baby,” Yuri sighed and stepped on the accelerator while trying to calm her wife down, “I know you’re hungry and I am a little late with your pizza but I will be back before 7. I promise.”

There was hesitance on the other line and Yuri grinned; she had won this round of arguing for now. She knew the right words to say to make Yoona give in and if she was lucky, make Yoona wait patiently since the jam was giving Yuri some stress too. Her wife needed to eat slightly earlier so she wouldn't be too full for supper and Yuri planned to get home soon. In fact, she did say she would be buying pizzas for dinner tonight so Yoona had every right to get impatient or even frustrated at her broken promise.

“Fine. You better be back soon.”

Yuri didn’t even get a chance to say anything before her wife hung up the phone; Yoona must have been extremely hungry for her to be so angsty.

Well… it did seem like the Gods were showing her some pity because the traffic started to smoothen out really soon, and her lane was clearing up the fastest. Thank God for watching over them, because Yuri was going as fast as the speed limit allowed just so she could get home before the pizzas got cold. Yoona had been feeling really horrible the past few days and a good dinner would be the one thing which would cheer her up effortlessly. Who cares if there was a traffic jam when there was a queen waiting to be fed at home?

 

 

“Unnie… why isn’t she home yet?”

“Honey, you barely called her fifteen minutes ago.”

Yoona pouted at the realistic answer from the woman hired by Yuri to take care of her; honestly, the nanny had so much in common with her wife. They were both unnecessarily worried all the time and very repetitive about their lectures on how Yoona took care of herself, not that Yoona was seriously complaining because they were both amazing. Yuri always made sure to remind Yoona in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter