Chapter 26

2 Different Worlds.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona wanted to smack her forehead so bad; the timing couldn't get any worse. She had planned to go ahead with it tonight but Yuri was feeling so sick that Yoona had to forgo everything she'd planned for so long. She couldn't blame her precious black pearl though; if Yuri didn't eat what Yoona cooked for supper when she came home late last night then none of this would have happened. Yoona must have accidentally added an expired ingredient in the food she cooked because Yuri had thrown up everything this morning. 

“Miss Im?”

“Doctor Soo! How is she?”

The doctor smiled kindly at the idol and patted her shoulder, “Yuri’s fine but her stomach is a little weak when dealing with too much spice in one day. She can’t take too much spicy food and she has to lay off the lactose for at least two weeks in case it can’t be digested.”

Now that Yoona carefully thought about it and recalled her activities, she had also prepared Yuri’s lunch for that day – and she had added some chili into the dish because it was supposed to be more delicious when spicy. Adding on to that spicy lunch, Yoona had whipped up some ramen for supper last night - and it was also the spicy kind. 

Wow, she was trying to kill her own girlfriend. 

“Don’t worry too much about her; she’s completely fine. In fact, she told me to come out and call you in.”

“Thank you!”

Yoona entered the room and her frown just dissipated into a loving smile at the adorable sight in front of her; Yuri was already up and was busy munching on some biscuits provided by the nurses. She wondered why she even bothered worrying when her girlfriend would most definitely be fine. She sighed deeply and apologetically approached the bed, about to begin her enslaught of apologies when Yuri interrupted her first (as expected of her kiddy girlfriend). 

“Yoong!” Yuri pushed down the side barrier of the bed and wrapped her arms around Yoona’s hips, resting her head against Yoona’s flat stomach. She pouted and placed her chin against the surface of Yoona’s abdomen, “I missed you.”

Yoona’s cheeks turned pink and she ran her fingers through Yuri’s locks tenderly; she didn't know how in the world Yuri could remain so optimistic and cheerful even with the amount of discomfort she was in. Yuri simply flashed her girlfriend one of the brightest smiles she ever had and tightened her arms around Yoona's hips; it was not a very comfortable position but Yuri was happy. She was fine and not feeling like she was about to die; it most probably was a good sign. 

Yoona bent her head slightly and placed a kiss on Yuri’s hair, “how are you feeling?”

“Better with you here.”

Yuri was being serious about it; she didn't like going to the doctors or the hospital for anything, even if she was on the brink of death. Although she had no say in this since Yoona drove here like she was losing her mind, Yuri did feel a huge sense of relief when she saw Yoona enter the room. She was being needy and all but she couldn't help it; whenever she felt that there was something wrong with her health, her protective exterior would crumble to pieces and she became extremely vulnerable. 

Yoona sat on the bed beside her girlfriend and patted her lap; she thought Yuri would simply lay her head there like she always did but to her surprise, Yuri placed her head on the blanket and hugged Yoona’s thighs like a bolster.

“Is it even comfortable?”

Yuri snuggled her face against Yoona’s pyjama pants and nodded, “you have no idea.”

That being said, Yoona knew she had no chance to fight against her girlfriend and she let it slide. Yuri was so comfortable and she was already on the verge of falling asleep again, most probably due to being exhausted after throwing up twice in the span of a few hours. Yoona ran her fingers through Yuri's hair gently, humming a soothing tune to lull her girlfriend to sleep. She couldn't erase the guilt of bringing this upon Yuri though; if only she had been more careful with her food.

What about the proposal?

 

*

 

Mr Im was in the midst of gardening when he could hear the house phone ring incessantly from inside. He put down his mini shovel and wiped his hands on his outerwear before going into the house, wondering who could be calling so early in the morning. It couldn’t be either of his daughters because Yoona had a concert to attend, and she was going to be performing a surprise song there and Yoonhee wasn't back from her second tour around the world yet. 

“Hello?”

“UNCLE!”

A smile appeared on Mr Im’s face and he rubbed his ear painfully, “good morning to you too, Yuri.”

It was absurd just how much his attitude towards Yuri had changed over time; compared to when they first met or when he first heard of her, he was like a walk through a fresh meadow now. Of course, if his attitude didn't change then there'd be something seriously wrong with him. For someone who took proper care of his younger daughter and loved her with all her heart, Yuri was a very important person in Yoona's life and she was about to become an important part of his too. 

“Uncle, I need a favour from you.”

“What is it?”

 

 

Yoona wanted to know the hell was going on and why she was being brought to her own house instead of the hospital when she wanted to visit Yuri. She swore she'd get her father back for this but then she realised that he couldn't have known about anything unless someone told him... an  obviously, it was her own playful girlfriend. She already had some sort of idea of what Yuri was planning to do and she didn't want that; Yuri had already done so much for her and it was not reasonable at all. 

“Donghae-oppa, are you sure you’re doing this of your own accord?” Yoona glared at the guy driving and crossed her arms over her chest, “you better not be lying about this or else…”

“FINE! UNCLE MADE ME DO IT!”

Donghae knew better than to mess with Yoona when she was ready to kick his ; she was not someone to play with when she wanted to know something. He was technically lying and if he got caught then his death was near but he could only pray that Yoona fell for his white lie or else he was going to pass away before he even reached the house. Yoona was already angry because of the change in plans all of a sudden; he couldn't imagine what would happen if she got even angrier.  

“So let me get this straight… Daddy told you to bring me home instead of the hospital?”

Yoona growled in frustration and smacked the seat beside her; she was dying to see her girlfriend since they haven’t met in the morning either. Yuri had forced her to go ahead with her schedules because she didn't want Yoona to ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter