Chapter 22

2 Different Worlds.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon looked down at her attire from head to toe and took a deep breath, staring at the door in front of her nervously. She had come all the way to Kwon Co. to plead with Mr Kwon to re-think his decision about disowning Yuri. She wasn't doubting Yuri's ability to do just fine without her father but it would also give Yoona a piece of mind if Yuri maintains her relationship with her family members. 

Knock, knock. 

“Come in.”  

 

Mr Kwon smiled when he saw his niece standing outside the door with a timid expression on her face; it was obvious why Taeyeon was here. He knew Taeyeon disliked coming to the office because the surrounding intimidated her; so for her to come here despite that, it must be because of Yuri’s clash with him. Seeing this now, Mr Kwon was even more assured of Yuri’s choice.

“Hello, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon smiled awkwardly and sat opposite Mr Kwon, clasping her fingers together. “I’m sorry for coming unannounced, Uncle, but I wanted to talk to you about something.” Taeyeon couldn't tell if the unreadable expression on Mr Kwon's face was proof that he knew what she was here for or whether he was really clueless.

“You’re here to talk to me about Yuri, aren’t you?”

“Y-Yes…”

Mr Kwon didn’t know if it was Yuri’s fortune to have Taeyeon as a cousin or if it was Taeyeon’s misfortune to have Yuri as a cousin. He knew Yuri was like a mischievious kid who would never grow up while Taeyeon was as mature as a 40-year-old woman would be – they were complete opposites; God knows how they get along so well. However, now that Taeyeon was here for his precious daughter, Mr Kwon knew Yuri would be well taken care of even if he wasn’t in the picture.

“I want you to meet Yoona, Uncle,” Taeyeon hurriedly waved her hands and pleaded for him to hear her out, “she’s a nice woman, and an amazing one at that. She was going to come and plead with you behind Yuri’s back but knowing your daughter, Yoona wouldn’t stand a chance.” 

Hearing those words come from Taeyeon only heightened Mr Kwon’s anticipation to meet Yoona – he had only said those words to Yuri out of shock. Imagine not meeting your daughter for eons and the next time they meet, she’s already talking about marriage with another woman. He was on the verge of having a heart attack right there and then; just stopped short of having one – the only way he could get rid of his shock was to say those words.

“I would like to meet her some time too, I need to see how powerful she is to catch my daughter’s heart like that.” Mr Kwon revealed, standing from his desk, “I just hope I won’t get my head bitten off by my own daughter…”

A smile appeared on Taeyeon's face; as if Yuri would ever do that to her own father - only she knows just how much Yuri loves Mr Kwon. It's probably because Yuri doesn't have a mother anymore, and she learnt how to treasure her father even more because of it. 

Mr Kwon will meet Yoona.

 

-

 

Yoona sat in her waiting room, enjoying the warmth she received from her blanket. She had just finished recording the first half of Sketchbook and she was taking a short break before resuming the second half. Scanning the room slowly, Yoona found her beloved lying on the other sofa with her eyes closed peacefully. She couldn't remember the last time she had seen Yuri this serene and calm - it was a beautiful sight. 

“Unnie, I'm sorry for inconveniencing you but can you get me another two cups of hot coffee?” Yoona asked her assistant manager, even giving the woman a bit of aegyo to butter her up a little, “thank you.”

The moment the waiting room was empty, Yoona got off her seat and skipped over to where Yuri was. She bent down and whispered, “Yah, you can stop pretending now.” Yoona waited for a while but there was still no response from her girlfriend, “Yah… are you really sleeping?”

The plan was simple, really. Yuri was supposed to pretend to be asleep and Yoona would send the others out of the waiting room somehow so they could spend some time together but if Yuri was not going to respond… Yoona was going to kill her. The best part is that Yuri came up with this flimsy little plan since Yoona had no way out of her schedules today, this was all Yuri could think of.

“Kwon Yuri!” Yoona smacked Yuri’s shoulder, finally awaking her girlfriend who had fallen asleep for real. Yuri groaned and her eyelids fluttered open slowly, “Yoong… what time is it?” Yoona huffed in astonishment and she gave Yuri one last smack before sitting on the sofa with a frown. 

So much for spending time together - her girlfriend had been sleeping instead of waiting!

Yuri pouted, rubbing her arm as she sat up beside Yoona; it wasn't like she meant to fall asleep, she was just tired from planning Yoona's schedules the night before. Nuzzling her nose into Yoona's neck, Yuri tried to appease her mad girlfriend before they wasted more time. Yoona shrugged Yuri off a couple of times, though her resolve weakened every time Yuri came closer. 

“Yoong… stop being mad at me, please?”

“Fine… fine…”

Before Yoona could take the chance to move away, Yuri managed to flip the both of them with Yoona ending up below her. Yoona giggled uncontrollably as she tried to swat Yuri away from planting kisses all over her face. When Yuri was on top of her like this, Yoona couldn’t find it in her to remember that they were not at home and they were at one of the biggest entertainment buildings in the entertainment industry.

“Yul…” Yoona whined, her fingers treaded through Yuri’s locks as Yuri’s face was comfortably tucked into her neck; she could feel Yuri’s lips moving hungrily over her skin, “o-oh m-my... Yul…”

The couple were having so much fun on the sofa that they didn't hear the approaching footsteps coming towards the waiting room. If they did, they would have pulled away before the door opened. 

“Yoo—YAHH!!”

Yoona pushed Yuri off her and sat up immediately, covering her body with the blanket as if they were doing som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter