Chapter 19

2 Different Worlds.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Yejin... 

Yuri didn't know what to do with the current situation, seeing Yoona standing a few meters away with an unreadable expression her face. She was aware that Son Yejin fancied her; ever since Yuri was thrown into her father's company of bodyguards for idols, Son Yejin had been trying to get to her. As to how she even heard of Yuri, Yuri had no idea.

“U-Um… hi, Unnie,” Yuri forced a smile; she had no choice but to be respectful since the former was Yoona’s senior in the entertainment industry, “what are you doing here at this time of the night?”

Yejin released a hollow laugh; she knew Yuri was waiting for Yoona to finish her schedule for the night but a small part of her hoped that Yuri would simply go with her. She took a deep breath and crossed her fingers before asking, “what do you think of grabbing supper with me?” Her eyes scanned Yuri and noticed the stiff posture she had.

“I don’t thin---”

“Yejin-unnie!” Yoona plastered the most sincere smile she could manage and came jogging towards Yuri and Yejin. She wrapped her arms around Yejin briefly and smiled, “I haven’t seen you for so long, Unnie.” Yoona glared at Yuri from over Yejin’s shoulder, telling to Yuri to shut before she did something that she’d regret sooner or later.

Anyone could feel the tension in the atmosphere, honestly.

Yejin forced a smile back, “Yoona! It’s nice to see you too… I’ve heard your new album. Congratulations on your success!”

Yoona thanked Yejin and she kept her in a casual conversation, silently watching Yuri retreat to her safe haven. To be brutally honest, Yoona had never liked Yejin. She respected the latter but it never went beyond that, especially after finding out about her wanting to claim Yuri as her own. In fact, Yoona was sure that if Yuri were Yejin’s bodyguard instead of hers, she would be showered with gifts.

 

“God…” Yoona huffed, resting her head against the headrest the moment she entered the car, “thought she’d never leave.”

Yuri stayed silent and leaned over, carefully buckling Yoona’s seatbelt for her. She took Yoona’s handbag and placed it on the backseat, handing the warm, comfy Rilakkumma blanket to her girlfriend.

“Are you tired?” Yuri asked softly, “you can take a nap if you want. I’ll wake you up when we reach home.” Yoona cocked an eyebrow and turned to face Yuri with a tender smile, “I told you we were going on a late night date… just both of us without paparazzi.”

The tanned girl finally revealed her signature cheeky grin, knowing Yoona wasn’t angry or pissed off. Yoona brought her hand to Yuri’s cheek and pulled her closer, softly whispering words of affection, “I can’t wait to stay up all night with you… I’ve missed you.” Yuri blushed crazily, knowing that they would probably be cuddling and kissing throughout the night.

“Aigoo…” Yoona teased, poking Yuri’s red cheek, “is someone blushing?”

A small pout appeared on Yuri’s face as she concentrated on the road in front and in that moment, Yoona swore she would never find someone as adorable as Yuri. Yuri did everything in her willpower to make Yoona happy; protect her and take care of her as best as she could. 

“I swear, you tease me every chance you get.” Yuri huffed, “you’re a mean little woman.”  

“EXCUS—Mm…”

Yoona smiled in between kisses and pressed her lips harder against Yuri’s, “if I’m a mean little woman, you’re a cheeky little kid.” Yuri simply giggled in response and held onto Yoona’s cheeks a while longer before breaking the kiss to peck Yoona’s forehead. She whispered, “I’m so proud of you.” This time, it was Yoona’s turn to blush, mumbling a soft ‘I love you’ after Yuri resumed her driving.

It was only then Yoona remembered. She fed Yuri another gummy worm as Yuri turned right at the next traffic junction. “How did you know Yejin-unnie, Yul?” Yoona bit on her lower lip, she was already feeling the jealousy build in her system - Yuri couldn't have known that manipulating woman. 

“I… I was…” Yuri took a deep breath and stopped the car at the side. She held Yoona’s hands tightly in hers, “don’t get mad… don’t be jealous. Hear me out first, okay?”

Yoona was starting to feel restless with every passing minute; Yuri's words made her fear for their relationship. Yuri had never appeared to be so nervous before, well except for when she confessed but that was an exception. This time, Yoona was really fearful and she tightened her grip on Yuri's hands.

“I was originally assigned to work for her but after Taeyeon and some others warned me against her, I decided not to; but because we were short-handed back then and she had applied early, I had to continue till we found some more employees. She bought me several things… things that I used, eventually and she took it as I accepted her feelings for me which I didn’t…” 

Yuri never wanted to bring this up because she would be guilt-ridden everytime she thought of how she rejected Yejin. Now that Yoona had asked, Yuri didn't have a choice since Yoona was now the person she wanted to spend her life with - anything to make their upcoming path easier on both of them.

“Yul…” Yoona mumbled, bringing Yuri’s hands to her lips, “this is already a part of your past and if we are going to get married, I will accept every part of your past… it’s a part of you.”

When Yuri looked up at Yoona with teary eyes, Yoona knew her words had touched Yuri's heart deeply and she meant every word of it. Yuri rarely shed tears and Yoona never had trouble breaking the strong wall around her down. It was amazing how she did that, honestly. 

“Really? You’re going to marry me?”

“Really now? Is that all you heard out of whatever I just said?”

The moment Yoona saw Yuri’s familiar cheeky grin appear on her face, she instantly knew Yuri was completely fine. “You and your selective hearing will be the death of me real soon, Yul.” Yuri once again put it to good use as she continued driving, giving Yoona’s knuckles sniff kisses. Yoona sighed in content and leaned back on the headrest, her heart at peace with Yuri's explanati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter