Chapter 1

2 Different Worlds.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annyeong, I'm Kwon Yuri. I'm coming to 23 years old and I'm currently working as a bodyguard for the nation's sweetheart otherwise the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life, Im Yoona.

She's famous worldwide for her natural beauty and angelic voice, not so much her acting. In the beginning, she was indeed hated because she had no talent in performing whatsoever. Gradually, she trained and worked hard on her vocals, earning her respect and love from fans all over the world. 

Including me. 

As much as I hated to leave my previous job as a gym trainer, I've been serving her for a couple of years now and we're actually pretty close for a mere bodyguard and an idol. I loved it, I felt like a friend to her.

I was petrified when my dad handed his security company to me, making me the most senior and high-ranked officer. I was only training under his company for leisure, not an actual job. It just happened to be coincidental that Yoona needed a new bodyguard because the current one was a total scumbag. The one before me was named Kim Taewoo or something, he used to work for my father until he got sacked for trying to flirt with my cousin's client. 

My cousin's name is Kim Taeyeon and she's also working alongside me but serving another idol who happens to be connected with Yoona. Tiffany Hwang who's also a worldwide famous idol, happens to be Yoona's cousin. She was known for her amazing eyesmile and beautiful voice, which often mesmerized her fans. 

Well, back to us. I know Yoona has been through some good relationships and some ty ones but she never fails to keep the smile off her face. That's the quality I admire most about her.

“Yuri-ah!” Her angelic voice, oh my goodness. 

“Yes, Miss Yoona?” I teased. 

Yoona rolled her eyes and tossed a cushion at me, “Yah, stop calling me that. I sound old. Can you cook something for me, please? I had my schedule all day and I haven't eaten anything yet. I miss your cooking too.” She pouted, rubbing her flat stomach. 

That was one of the things I could never understand. Yoona ate like a hippo and she looked like a bamboo stick. 

“Tch. But you always make fun of my cooking, you said it tasted weird and spat it out.” I pouted and turned my back towards her, purposely facing the other direction so that she would do something about it. 

 

True enough, Yuri felt a pair of slender arms go around her waist and she silently chuckled. Yoona was like a koala, clinging onto her whenever the opportunity arose. 

Yoona didn't know why but when Yuri was around, she felt like nothing could ever harm her. She felt protected and secured by this tanned girl who was supposed to be nothing but a mere bodyguard. 

“Yul, I really like your cooking. You know I do.” Yoona pouted back and leaned her chin against the taller girl's shoulder, tightening her grip around Yuri's waist. “Okay, fine. Let go of me, baby koala.” Yuri teased and unwrapped Yoona's arms around her waist, giving a playful smirk at the idol who had her jaw dropped.

‘Did she just call me baby and smirk at me? Jesus Christ. God bless my eyes and cleanse my soul.’ Yoona thought to herself and cupped her burning cheeks, she was feeling butterflies fluttering in her stomach. 

Yuri was now in the kitchen preparing ingredients to make Yoona's favourite kimbap. She couldn't deny that she was crossing the line that was visible right from the start. 

Falling in love was going to be the reason of her downfall sooner or later but with a goddess beside her everyday, was it possible to not fall in love? 

Being engrossed in her own thoughts, Yuri wasn't focusing on cutting the cucumber anymore. She was cutting too fast and didn't notice her finger was just below the blade.“Ow! Aigoo…” Yuri looked at her finger and before she could do anything to help herself, running footsteps were heard coming into the kitchen. “Yuri! What are you doing?” Yoona sighed in exasperation, looking at the older girl. Yuri was a childish idiot in front of Yoona. 

Everything seemed to be a problem when the idol was with her.

The way she ate was becoming messier, dropping food everywhere easily. Yoona just seemed to have a certain effect on her. When her gaze was focused on Yuri, she felt the pressure to perform well and impress Yoona. 

It also never failed to backfire, leading to all the chaos. 

“You kid.” Yoona muttered as she put Yuri's hand under the running water, ignoring the struggling girl. The blood continued to flow into the sink as Yuri shut her eyes tightly, letting Yoona clean the cut on her index finger. 

Yuri playfully huffed and knuckled Yoona’s forehead, “Excuse me. I'm older than you.” Yuri stuck her tongue out and her eyes widened when Yoona caught it in between a pair of fork and spoon. Her tongue now stuck between the two metal pieces of cutlery. 

“But you behave exactly like a kid. You eat like a kid and you whine like one too. You still play with toy guns and stuff like that so don't tell me about your age.” Yoona stuck hers out and pinched Yuri's perfect nose. 

The two continued to play around and have fun together while the day passed very quickly.

It was rare that Yoona had no schedule on that day and if she looked happy on TV, she looked even happier now. Yuri was one of the few that Yoona could trust and actually confide in. 

‘I don't know what's happening to me again. I feel my face getting redder, aigoo.’  Yoona thought and realised that Yuri was looking directly into her eyes, their eyes were now locked on each other's. ‘Yoona... Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter