Defending the Superstar

Soshi One Shots

Beacuse of Seohyun's solo debut and Yuri's upcoming drama, a fanfic prompt came to mind. I'll make this a short one-shot for now. If I think of other ideas, I will continue it as a separate fanfic. :) Also, there's a limited number of SeoRi/YulSeo/YulHyun fanfics and I can't get enough of these Pantene Ambassadors so I'm starting a new story!

 

MAIN CHARACTERS

Seohyun as a top Korean Superstar

 

 

 

Seohyun is a self-absorbed superstar who gets what she wants because she's pretty, talented, and popular. As a result, her supporters love her but she also have a lot of haters. She doesn't remember when if there was ever an instance of her neglecting or harming a fan in whatever way.

 

Kwon Yuri as a Rookie Lawyer

Lawyer Yuri comes to the rescue and helps Seohyun take legal actions against her haters. Seohyun, as the girl who gets what she wants gets attracted to this Lawyer. Yuri doesen't know whether to take Seohyun's direct confession of love seriously as the superstar had always been light-hearted and breezy since she met her.

 


Korean Pop Superstar Seohyun had just relased her new single, "Don't Say No" giving a fresh start for the KPOP industry this 2017! 

Seohyun and her managers in SM Entertainment are all monitoring the charts if it will hit the roof of various music dowloading platforms. They waited and waited....

....but Suzy of JYP Entertainment managed to beat Seohyun in the charts.

Seohyun is suddenly in her burst of emotions. She rushed to her boss' table and shouted at him, "It's all your fault! If you just allowed me to star in "Architecture 101", the role would not be passed to Suzy, and I would be the Nation's Little Sister, instead of her!"

Her boss Lee Soo Man replied, "My Dear, you've been in my company since you were in middle school. We know what's right for you. Our company's Main Singer, Kim Taeyeon can slay the charts among all singers. Our profits would not get affected because Taeyeon accounts of most of my profits."

"So what am I for, then?" Seohyun replied.

"You are our multi-media star! Taeyeon may be a wall in releasing her songs but she can only do singing. While you may not hit number one, you are still in the top 10. Aside form that, you act in dramas and musicals. You also have an international fanbase. What more can you ask for Ms. Seo?"

"I need a Lawyer." Seohyun said.

"Huh?" Lee Soo Man looked perplexed.

"Well, while I was posting teaser pictures of my album in my Instagram and Twitter acoounts, while there were a lot of praises, there were also a lot of haters. I guess they're Suzy-tards and Taeyeon-tards who have nothing to do and hate on my existence in this industry... as if I could beat them in the charts!"

Lee Soo Man called the comapany's legal department, "Bring a lawyer here."

 

 

Soon after an old fat man appeared and said, "How may I help you?"

Lee Soo Man said, "Well our Superstar here has some haters in Social Media and she wants to file a case against them." 

Seohyun raisd her brows and nodded.

The lawyer said, "Well, I just do contract renewalas and all. As an old man, I'm not experienced with Internet and Technology Laws and all."

Lee Soo Man replied, "You should find a younger lawyer then who knows the laws on Technology. Maybe he or she could also be around Seohyun's age so they could talk more comfortably."

Suddenly, a tanned charming woman in her late-twenties appeared from the door. She said, "Sir, here are the documents you asked me to bring Sir!"

"Oh! Her! It could be her." The lawyer said. He continued, "Well, Seohyun, this is Attorney Kwon Yuri. She's our recently hired lawyer since we need more lawyers to defend our artists."

Yuri had a very charming smile. She bowed to Lee Soo Man and to Seohyun. "Hi, you can call me Yuri. I'm just one year older than you. Hehehe."

Seohyun wondered how a lawyer can be this charming. Well, she looked simple compared to her but of course she's styled as an artist while this Yuri is just a rookie lawyer wearing monotone colors.

"How'd you know?" Seohyun said as she examined the lawyer.

"How could I not Google your age, Ms. Seo? You're very popular and besides, I work for your Entertainment Label. I should do research on my potential clients" Yuri said while smiling.

"Then that's it then!" Lee Soo Man said. He continued, "It's settled, Yuri will be Seohyun's lawyer, why don't you two talk to the meeting room?"

The two then proceeded to one of SM's meeting rooms.

Seohyun's staff including her assistants and stylist were about to follow her but she gestured them to stop.

Yuri looked confuesed.

Seohyun held Yuri's arm as she dragged her to the meeting room. "It's best that I would talk to my lawyer alone first, right, Attorney Kwon?" Seohyun said as she winked at Yuri.

"Of course, Ms. Seo. I could just talk to your staff separately for further investigation later on."

Seohyun sat first and Yuri sat opposite her. Seohyun stood up and sat beside Yuri instead.

"We could talk more comfortably like this." Seohyun said.

"Yes, Ms. Seo. So... you've been reading these hateful comments for how long already?" Yuri asked.

"How long have you been here, I haven't seen you around the building." Seohyun said changing the topic.

Yuri replied, "Aaah well, for three months, I've only been training since there aren't any cases assigned to me, so you are my first. My first in SM Entertainment, and my first in my legal career."

"I'm your first? Your first what?" Seohyun said in a suggestive tone.

"My first client! I'm reallly honered Ms. Seo. My first client is a superstar!"

Seohyun blushed and felt even more proud of herself. "You're quite nice and optimistic to be a lawyer."

"Huh? Why? Lawyer's should be tender towards their clients." Yuri said with a confused expression.

"You're quite cute too for a lawyer, are you single?" Seohyun asked with aegyo.

Yuri was taken aback for a while because they should discuss about Seohyun's haters and legal matters but she can't deny how Seohyun looked attractive with this proximity. "Why'd you ask?"

Seohyun, as the girl who has always been direct with what she wants said, "You're a young lawyer and I'm a young superstar. We're both accomplished individuals. We should date."

Yuri uttered small sounds with what Seohyun said. 

Seeing that Yuri coudln't answer, Seohyun cupped Yuri's cheeks, "You're cute, Attorney Kwon. I've never had a girlfirend as cute and smart as you."

"Girlfirend?" Yuri asked.

"Are you rejecting me, THE SEOHYUN, Asia's Multimedia Superstar?"

"Ms. Seo, we have to discuss about your concern regarding your haters..."

Seohyun cut Yuri off, "SCREW THOSE HATERS! I'M MORE CONCERNED ABOUT YOU...ABOUT US."

"Ms. Seo, about that... there are alot of handsome or pretty singers and actors that you...."

"But you're better than them. Where else would I find an attractive and intelligent being like you, who's around my age?"

"Shouldn't we take it slow? Seohyun-nah... let's get to know each other first."

"For as long as you're an employee in this company, you're now MY Lawyer and Girlfirend. Understand?" Seohyun asked and pinched Yuri's cheek.

Yuri dozed off for a while and was confused yet excited for the undexpected turn of events.

"Yuri? You know our lives as Entertainers, people just date each other right away because they'll never know when they can have time for each other again. So it's just hit or miss. Mostly since relationships happen fast, they end fast. That's how it goes in the indusrty. But YOU can make that change. I trust you that even if we had just met, we could go a long way... beacuse I KNOW that you're not like the bastards that I dated before. Yuri, let's make this work." Seohyun said sincerely while looking at Yuri's eyes and holding her hands.

Yuri still didn't say a word, so Seohyun continued blabbering, "Yuri, you've got to make up your mind. Either leave this company or be my girlfriend. But don't deny that you don't like me! Why did you apply in an Entertainment company as your first lawyering job? Why did you Google my age? Why did you barge in the door earlier when you could have just left your reseach papers at Attorney Moon's office? Don't deny..." 

Seohyun was cut off when Yuri leaned towards her and placed her lips on top of hers. 

"What you all said was right. I wanted to see you, be with you... but I never imagined you would ask me out. I just wanted to take a glimpse of you earlier, I didn't expect these either. Yes, Seohyun, I'll be your lawyer and girlfriend. Let's see how we can take actions against your haters. Let's work togetger. I'd protect you from your haters and all those bastards you dated. I'll take away your loneliness in this cruel Entertainment world. You're like a sunshine to me Seohyun while I was stressed studying in law school, you were the only one I'd look at and listen to during my breaks from studying. It's as if fate brought me to you. I love you, my Seohyun. Let's get to know each other our relationship. Isn't everything a learning process, we could learn something abou each other every day...."

"Now you're the one who's blabbering! Now let's seal what you have just said." Seohyun said with a satisfied smile.

"How?" Yuri asked.

Seohyun leaned closer this time and sealed her lips with Yuri's.


There you go! I've finally got this idea off my mind! I'd probaly make a Prologue and Epilogue when I get the time and gather enough feels!

That was a sweet fanfic to suffice until the next YulSeo interaction in real life...

For sure there's that Pantene event in Hong Kong in March but I hope Yuri and Seohyun show their support for each other for each of their personal endeavors!