Tinder (YulHyun)

Soshi One Shots

 

This is inspired by this tweet. I have some unfinished fanfics I have yet to finish and post yet somehow I was able to finish this last night and I have some ideas for the Part 2. I am so YulSeo deprived and their cute IG interactions are just so uwu.

 

Seohyun meets her best friend, Hyoyeon after her musical had just finished. 

 

“Yah! Seohyun!” Hyoyeon waved excitedly. “Let’s go to an arcade after eating.”

 

“Sure, Unnie!” Seohyun said in a low spirited manner.

 

“Are you tired or just lonely?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“I’m just tired. The three month musical shows were tiring.” 

 

“I guess you’re lonely. You don’t get tired like that.” Hyoyeon said. “You should try this dating app, Tinder.”

 

“Unnie, I told you, I don’t like those stuff!”

 

“Seohyun-nah, this is different! Give me your phone and I’ll show you!”

 

Seohyun knows Hyoyeon won’t stop bugging her so she gives her her phone.

 

Hyoyeon waits for the app to install and shows Seohyun. Look, it already follows your Facebook and Instagram profile. It uses your profiles to match it with someone compatible to you. You can just cross the people you don’t know and make a heart if you like someone. Go use it” 

 

Seohyun just groans and eats while she ignores her friend.

 

When she reached home, she crashes onto her sofa, tired from all the arcade games. She was too tired but not enough to fall asleep. She opens her phone and decides to use the Tinder app out of boredom. She checks out the people recommended and continuously presses “X” Until she sees a charismatic girl posing with a cup of coffee in a coffee shop. “She’s cute” Seohyun mumbles. She thought of the days she spent with her ex Yoona. They were a decent couple. They started slow and steady... yet Yoona still found another one who’s pretty more wild. Seohyun decides to take a risk and be a little more carefree this time. She presses the heart button. She was shocked to see a new message that says “match” Does this mean she liked me first? Seohyun thought.

 

This girl Yuri starts to message her.

 

Yuri: Hi!

 

Seohyun: Hi~

 

Yuri: What are you doing at this hour, it’s late? 🙂

 

Seohyun: I was about to sleep, actually and you messaged me.

 

Yuri: I was about to sleep too and this message popped up. 

 

Neither replies after a while.

 

Yuri: Hey are you asleep?

 

Seohyun: Nope haha What are you doing?

 

Yuri: Oh! I’m looking at your photos. Sorry, does that make me a stalker?

 

Seohyun: Kinda. But it’s okay, I’m doing the same. 🧐 🤫

 

Yuri: Really? I want to see you!!! 

 

Seohyun: Sure, send me the details.

 

 

Seohyun waits for Yuri to reply. Yuri sends the date, time and place. She says yes.

 

“What am I doing?” Seohyun mumbles before sleeping.

 

 

“Yuri?” 

 

Yuri looks up and shows a big smile.

 

“Seohyun?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Nice to meet you. I’m Yuri” Yuri says as she tucks her hair and offers her hand for a handshake.”

 

Seohyun shook hands. She was about to sit when Yuri rushed to the chair and offer the seat.

 

“Thanks. You don’t have to.”

 

“My pleasure.”

 

They order and Yuri just smiles at Seohyun without starting a conversation. Yuri giggles at the awkward silence.

 

“Why are you laughing?”

 

“I’m not. Sorry. This is just...”

 

“What? Weird?”

 

“Yeah... I mean, not really. I never thought I’d actually meet someone like you in Tinder.”

 

“Huh?” Seohyun looked confused.

 

“I never thought I’d meet a girl... I mean I never heard of gay or lesbians meeting through Tinder.”

 

“Why not? Maybe you just haven’t heard enough stories.” Seohyun replied.

 

“Yeah. I guess so. My friends told me to try the app cuz I’m one of the only few single ones in my batch. Most have boyfriends, engaged and single ones are gay.” Yuri said.

 

“Hmm... I just... My friend told me to try this too. And so I saw your picture...” Seohyun blushed and was too shy to continue.

 

Yuri giggles again. “Your picture is cute. But you’re so much cuter and prettier in person.”

 

“Yuri, I must tell you now. I’m not getting younger so I don’t wanna waste time. I want to be in a serious relationship. So, if you’re just gonna fool around, let’s just stop this and let me know what your true intentions are.” Seohyun blurted out.

 

“Yeah, I’m older than you. I don’t wanna waste time as well. I felt that you seem like a serious person that’s why I decided to meet you. I wouldn’t bother seeing you in person, if I’m not interested in having a long-term relationship with you.”

 

“Really?” Seohyun asked.

 

“Yeah, really... I just didn’t expect you to be this serious. I mean, I wanted to start slowly.” Yuri said.

 

“I’m sorry. It was rude of me for a first date.” Seohyun apologizes. 

 

Yuri giggles. “It’s our first date?”

 

“Huh? Is it not?” Seohyun asked.

 

“It is, it is.” Yuri scratches her head.

 

Thankfully the food arrived to interrupt their awkward conversation.

 

Yuri observes Seohyun and she looks so cute with her cheeks puffing while eating.

 

“What?” Seohyun asked.

 

“Nothing. Please continue eating.” 

 

It was Seohyun’s turn to observe Yuri. Yuri seems so jolly while eating.

 

“I’ve checked your profile and actually, we have the same job. But I’ve never seen you before.” Seohyun said.

 

Yuri giggles again before answering. “Maybe because to do musicals and I do theatrical plays. I’ve never passed singing auditions but I hope to do musicals one day. I’m not a bad singer.”

 

“You’ll do one someday, if you’re really persistent.” Seohyun said.

 

“Oh! We’re also from different schools, so maybe that’s why we haven’t met before.” Yuri said.

 

“Yeah...”

 

“So you’ve done ‘Gone With the Wind’ and ‘Mamma Mia’”, those have pretty a lot of kiss scenes.” Yuri said.

 

“It’s just acting. You know my real ual orientation.” Seohyun replied.

 

Yuri laughed. “Are there no co-workers who struck your interest?”

 

“None. I was always professional and haven’t seen them beyond that. When I was browsing Tinder, I found it corny. I was pressing the cross button several times...” Seohyun hesitated.

 

“And...?”

 

“I saw your photo with the coffee. I felt like drinking coffee with you.” Seohyun said, gaining the confidence to speak freely.

 

“I knew it. That pose was effective!” Yuri replied. 

 

“How about you? What have you seen in me?” Seohyun asked.

 

“Everything.” 

 

“Huh?”

 

“Perfection. You’re like the perfect girl I could have and the right one I could introduce to my parents.” Yuri said.

 

“Oh, Yuri. Make sure you’re not kidding me.”

 

“I’m serious! Do you think I’m a player? Do you think I’ll break your heart? I have used girls before to see if I’m really gay. But I’m over that and I think I’ve found the right partner for me, and that’s you.” Yuri said.

 

“Don’t you think it’s too early for that?” Seohyun said.

 

“Hey, you’re the one who said you want to be serious and don’t want to waste time.” Yuri said.

 

“Sorry, it’s just that people broke my heart and I think I’m being bad to the good people now. I’m sorry.” Seohyun said.

 

Yuri wanted to speak but she doesn’t want to make empty promises. She wants to reach out for Seohyun’s hand, yet it might be too early. Instead, she asks, “Want to take a walk?”

 

Yuri opened the door for Seohyun on the way out. When an old couple passed, Yuri was kind enough to open the door for them and close it afterwards.

 

Seohyun saw that and it was plus points for Yuri.

 

They walk and walk passing all the shops until they reach the Han River. 

 

“Something about this place makes it still worth going to even if you’ve visited several times.” Yuri said.

 

“That’s true. Maybe because you don’t always go with the same people here or sometimes you’re alone. That gives a different feeling to it.” Seohyun replied.

 

Yuri giggled. “Yeah! I was with my dog the last time I went here and sure, it was a different feeling as I have now.”

 

“And how is it different?” Seohyun asked.

 

“Hmm? Should I really describe it? It’s hard to put into words but I’ll try. I’m lonely before but my dog somewhat comforts me with that loneliness. Now? Now I think, I’m happy, relieved and relaxed. Before, it’s as if I’m looking for something. Now, that search is over ...” Yuri said. “I won’t continue cause you might find it corny.

 

“I won’t! Promise!” Seohyun said.

 

“I found you!” Yuri said.

 

Seohyun slightly pushed Yuri. “Oh, Yuri.”

 

Yuri reached for Seohyun’s hand and held her lightly. Seohyun squeezed Yuri’s hand in return.