Action Speaks Louder Than Words (YulTae)

Soshi One Shots

This is for KwonJiralCoral who requested a YulTae fanfic based on the picture. It took me long to grant this request as I was busy and I had writers block. Now that I have some time, I finally finished Girls For Rest and YulTae moments recently rekindled my feels...

 

Taeyeon arrives at the SNSD dorm hours before her solo concert. It’s only Hyoyeon who stays there but she has an overseas schedule. The other members come to the dorm whenever they have a schedule nearby.

 

“Annyeong” someone suddenly greeted. Taeyeon was surprised to see Yuri.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“You don’t want me here?”

 

“No! I mean you’re not usually here.”

 

“Oh, I just went to the office and had an interview.” Yuri replied. She continued, “Might as well drop by as I know you’re here.” 

 

“Hmmm...” Taeyeon just hummed.

 

“You don’t have to reply to me. Save your voice for later.” Yuri said.

 

Taeyeon hugged Yuri suddenly.

 

Yuri wanted to ask why. But Taeyeon is a woman of few words. She doesn’t want to push her so much.

 

Soon after, their managers, stylists and staff arrived. Taeyeon and Yuri has to separate vehicles going to the concert venue.

 

Taeyeon proceeded to the dressing room while Yuri proceeded to the audience seats. She waved at fans that she came across with.

 

The concert started while Yuri managed to take photos and videos for her Instagram Story. She was in awe watching Taeyeon sing until Taeyeon acknowledged her presence. “Yuri who’s in charge of SNSD’s iness came.” 

 

Yuri as her usual bubbly self, smiled and waved at the camera that was focused on her. 

 

The concert finished and an SM staff told Yuri to post backstage to have some food and to snap photos to be posted on Girls’ Generation’s official SNS. 

 

Yuri approached Taeyeon to take some selfies. A staff then came to them to have some official photos taken. 

 

Yuri and Taeyeon took some shots with SNSD’s official lightstick. They had several poses: doing the V sign, showing the banner, closing their eyes, then Taeyeon managed to quickly kiss Yuri’s cheek. Yuri opened wide, surprised at the feeling of Taeyeon‘ lips on her cheek.

 

The photographer finished taking shots. 

 

“Thank you for coming Yuri-ah~” Taeyeon said in such a sweet tone that Yuri wanted to hear more.

 

Yuri held Taeyeon’s hand. “You don’t have to thank me, I’ll always be here for you.”

 

There were other staff and band members waiting for Taeyeon to have a photo with them.  Yuri notices and gestures Taeyeon. 

 

Yuri naturally went home afterwards.

 

A few hours later, their pictures were posted on SNS. This caused a bombardment of comments on their group chat.

 

Tiffany: Excuse me what is this? 

 

Hyoyeon: 😱😍💋 Love is in the air ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Sooyoung: Yah, Yuri-ah what have you done with our shy Taeyeon? 

 

All these teasing happened but nothing happened between Taeyeon and Yuri.

 

Taeyeon had to plan for her Japan Tour while Yuri had to plan for her Fanmeeting Tour.

 

This led them to meet at the SM Entertainment office. 

 

“Taeyeon-ah!”  

 

Taeyeon looked behind her, and it’s her oh-so-excited-as-always group mate, Yuri.

 

Yuri ran towards her and hugged her tight.

 

“Yuri...”

 

“Finally, I saw you again after a few weeks! You never want to go out with us.” Yuri said.

 

“They’ll only tease us with that picture.” Taeyeon said matter-of-factly.

 

“Oh yeah~” Yuri scratched her neck awkwardly. “Mind to have dinner with me, after our meeting?” 

 

“As long as you don’t get the others. I don’t wanna get teased just yet.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Yeah, so... let’s meet here at the lobby?” Yuri said.

 

Taeyeon nodded and went to one of the meeting rooms while Yuri proceeded to another meeting room.

 

Taeyeon was first to finish her meeting. Yuri saw her sitting dreamily at one of the couches. 

“Yah!” Yuri slightly pushed her. “What are you thinking?” Don’t think too much, Taeyeon-ah” 

 

“Oh! Yuri! I’m not! So... let’s go?” 

 

“Hmmm.” Yuri said as she cling her arm to Taeyeon. “I’m in a mood for sushi. What do you want?”

 

“Anything.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Aigoo! That’s why you’re so thin.” Yuri said.

 

They decided to head to a Japanese restaurant that their group often frequents as there are private rooms there. 

 

As they enter, the waitress asked them if more would come.

 

“Ah... no. It’s just us today.” Yuri said. As their food arrived, Yuri almost jumped from her seat in excitement. Taeyeon slightly smiled at Yuri’s actions.

 

Yuri kept on eating. She then noticed that Taeyeon was just picking in her food. “Yah! You’re not eating so much. Yuri took one tekkamaki and shoved it into Taeyeon’s mouth.  Taeyeon has no choice but to chew it.

 

“You, should always eat with me or maybe I should tell your mom you aren’t eating so much that is why you’re such a human paper!” Yuri slightly laugh.”

 

“I don’t know Yuri-ah, but it seems that when our managers forced us to diet every comeback became a habit to me already. I just don’t eat as much as I used to in my teens and early twenties.” 

 

“You should gain a little weight. You need to lots of energy for your tour!” Yuri said.

 

“Yeah. I should work on that.”

 

“Does Fany still call you regularly?” Yuri asked.

 

“Not really. She doesn’t call anyone unless one of us will release a song or something. I just get the same message as you guys see in our group chat.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Really? I think she’s closest to Sooyoung these days. Everyone always thought you and Tiffany were inseparable.” Yuri replied.

 

“And I think I’m closest to you now.” Taeyeon said.

 

Yuri stared at Taeyeon for a little too long. 

 

“Why?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Huh? What?” Yuri said.

 

Taeyeon giggled. 

 

“Yah! Why are you laughing?”

 

“You’re staring at me for so long. It makes me think you have a crush on me or something.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Yah! I’m the one who’s thinking the same since you kissed me on the cheek with that picture our members were teasing us on. I’m the one who’s suffering alone with all those teasing when I went out with some of the members. Oh gosh, they wouldn’t stop teasing —“ Yuri’s blabbering was interrupted by Taeyeon’s lips pressed on Yuri’s.

 

They stared at each other for sometime until they looked at different directions.

Yuri got some food again while Taeyeon sipped some juice. 

 

The waitress soon knocked and informed them that they are about to close.

 

Yuri insisted on bringing Taeyeon home. Taeyeon’s mom thanked Yuri for accompanying her homebody daughter to go out for once.

 

Each of them had been busy with their individual activities that they haven’t sorted out their feelings for each other.

 

A few months passed, until Yuri thought that she had to make a move. Taeyeon already kissed her twice. Yuri knew, Taeyeon was a woman of few words. She wouldn’t tell her feelings out loud.

 

Yuri thought of sending a text message. She thought of words to say until she finally texted, “Let’s have a date.” Taeyeon replied, “Okay, when?”

 

Yuri carefully planned their date and adjusted it according to Taeyeon’s preference.

 

Yuri fetched Taeyeon. She gave Lavender flowers. “For you. You love purple and this flower like you... delicate yet precious.” 

 

“Oh, Yuri.” Taeyeon smiled and giggled.

 

Yuri was happy to see Taeyeon smiling again. She was usually calm and seems to always stare at blank space.

 

“You’re so good at driving yet I want to drive for you today.” 

 

“That’s okay, Yuri-ah~ I’ll drive for you when I take you to Jeonju.” 

 

Yuri decided that they eat at a Dimsum place as Taeyeon somewhat likes dimsum, and those food that can easily be eaten.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, this dimsum is so soft, small... and yummy like you.” 

 

“Yah! Yuri-ah” Taeyeon said as she kicked Yuri under the table. Yuri found that a little y. 

 

When they finished eating, Yuri took them to their nail parlor she always frequents.

 

“Annyeong, Yuri. You took Taeyeon with you this time.” The employee said.

 

“Yeah. Taeyeon last went here during ‘The Boys’ era. Since then, she did her own nails.”

 

Taeyeon bowed and sat ready to get her nail done. 

 

“You can’t draw that dog design by yourself.” Yuri teased.

 

Taeyeon just rolled her eyes. Lazy to tease Yuri back. 

 

When they got their nails done, Yuri held hands with Taeyeon and walked along the shops with her. They soon stopped at a Tattoo and Body Piercing shop. Taeyeon gave Yuri a questioning look. 

 

As the receptionist greeted them, Yuri said, “We’re here to get a nose piercing.” 

 

“Okay, Ma’am you could just wait for 15 minutes as we prepare our materials. Here’s a booklet of piercings you could choose from.”

 

“Oh! We’re just getting a diamond stud on the high nostril.” Yuri said.

 

“Yuri?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“I didn’t ask you ahead of time since you’ve always been vocal about ear piercing as your stress reliever. You told me before that you wanted to try nose piercing someday. I want to try something for a change, Taeyeon-ah.” Yuri said.

 

Taeyeon reached out for Yuri’s hand and smiled at her. Yuri smiled back. Though Taeyeon was not that vocal, Yuri loved that Taeyeon was responding despite her usual stoic self. 

 

Taeyeon got her nose pierced first. When Yuri got hers Yuri said “Ouch” too loudly that Taeyeon couldn’t control her laughter.

 

“Since we got diamond studs, consider that as a pre-engagement nose piercing. If I got you a ring, it would be too much since we have a lot of friendship rings with the other girls already plus our sponsored rings and necklaces we have to wear.” Yuri said.

 

“Oh, Yuri...” Taeyeon managed to utter.

 

After getting their piercings, they decided to get take out and eat dinner at their dorm to have more privacy. And also, they have individual schedules the next day that it would be better for their managers to pick them up at the dorm. 

 

As they eat, Hyoyeon soon arrives. “Oops, looks like I came home early.”

 

“C’mon Hyoyeon-ah, have some chicken and beer.” Taeyeon said.

 

Hyoyeon joins them on the table. She notices the nose piercings they got. “Oh you have couple piercings now. Does this mean you guys are finally official?” 

 

“Yeah.” Taeyeon said. “Yuri surprised me with a lot of things today. I thought we would go mountain climbing or horse back riding. But this girl, adjusted to my liking.”

 

“Oh gosh. That Black Kid is really smitten by you, Taeyeon-ah” Hyoyeon takes a chicken as she stands and goes to her room.

 

“Taeyeon, we’re girlfriends right?” Yuri asked.

 

“Yeah, silly.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Sorry, it’s just that we haven’t really talked about it.” Yuri said.

 

Taeyeon suddenly pecked Yuri’s lips.

 

“What was that for?” Yuri asked.

 

“You’re so sweet and considerate to me for so long, while I was so naive. I’m sorry that I recognized that only recently.” Taeyeon said. 

 

“It doesn’t matter when, as long as we’re together now.” Yuri said. She continued, “Funny how you’ve been so quiet yet you’re the one who always initiates our kisses.” 

 

“Hmm... Oh, yeah!” Taeyeon said as she covered her face, a little embarrassed.

 

Yuri tried to remove Taeyeon’s hand from her face but Taeyeon wouldn’t budge. When Yuri finally removed Taeyeon’s hand from her face, Yuri leaned forward as she tries to kiss Taeyeon this time. Taeyeon teases Yuri by avoiding her. “Yah, Yuri-ah, I’m older than you!” Taeyeon said before initiating another kiss.