After School Excitement (YulSeo)

Soshi One Shots


A/N: Inspired by Yuri's show After School Excitement / My Teenage Girl

Seohyun is a medical student. She questions herself if she is still happy with what she does. Her friends sees her as nerdy, but actually she’s not really into studying. She forces herself to study because her parents wanted her to.

 

Secretly, she wants to be an idol. She saw this post for a show entitled “After School Excitement” which recruits idol trainees, experienced or not. She just finds herself one day doing the audition recklessly.

 

A girl named Yoona was first in line. She was friendly enough to initiate a conversation with Seohyun. “Is it your first time auditioning?”

 

“How did you know?” Seohyun said.

 

Yoona said, “You don’t look familiar. Most of us here are from the same dance academy, trained in an agency or joined other survival shows.” 

 

Yoona was soon called. Seohyun overheard that Yoona was favored by all of the judges.

 

It was now Seohyun’s turn. A famous musical actress Ok Joohyun, was a judge and was smiling at her. But a famous singer-actress Kwon Yuri, also one of the judges was looking at her intently, judging her every move. 

 

Soyeon was first to comment, “I like your voice so much.” Ok Joohyun said, “You can be a musical actress.” Yuri interrupted, “But we are looking for an idol not a musical actress.” Yuri intently looked at Seohyun, “You’re pretty. I can’t take my eyes off you.” Seohyun blushed at that comment.

 

Yuri continued, looking strict yet still full of charisma, “But you’re still lacking. You missed a lot of details in your steps and your face is blank. You look like a pretty robot not an idol.”

 

“Wow she’s completely brutal but why is she still so attractive?” Seohyun thought. Yuri continued to give comments but Seohyun’s mind went blank. She’s used to paying attention to what her teachers say but not with this certain Kwon Yuri in front of her. She’s completely mesmerizing. Scary, strict, but completely ually attractive that Seohyun is .

 

“So let’s vote.” Yuri said and Seohyun came into her senses. Soyeon and Joohyun voted for Seohyun but Yuri didn’t. 2 out of 3 made her qualified to get to the next round.

 

The shooting for the next episode was for the judges to pick the sets of trainees they will mentor. 

 

“Why not make Yuri train the ones she didn’t choose?” Ok Joohyun laughs. Yuri just gave her a glaring look.

 

“Yeah let’s see how THE Kwon Yuri would work magic on them.” Soyeon joked.

 

“Fine.” Yuri said and left the room.

 

Seohyun was surprised to see Yuri enter the room. “So let’s see what you guys prepared.” Yuri said.

 

Seohyun was grouped with nine other trainees and performed “Catch Me If You Can” by Girls’ Generation.

 

“Seohyun, you’re still a bit behind.” Yuri commented.

 

Seohyun was surprised Yuri remembered her name. 

 

“Stretch your arms much more.” Yuri said. 

 

Seohyun followed. “Not like that, like this.” Yuri said. Seohyun still didn’t get it. Yuri approached her and fixed her arms. 

 

“Yuri smelled so good.” Seohyun thought. Yuri further fixed Seohyun’s posture. Seohyun gazed at Yuri. “Her eyes shine like jewels.” Seohyun thought. Yuri looked at her eyes briefly. That was enough for Seohyun to feel shivers and butterflies in her stomach. 

 

“Now, do it again.” Yuri said strictly. 

 

“Okay, let’s end here. Seohyun, stay.” Yuri said.

 

“Can you do the dance alone? From the start.” Yuri said.

 

Seohyun was catching her breath until Yuri said, “Again.”

 

“Is this girl crazy? She asked me to stay and do the dance several times.” Seohyun thought.

 

“That’s enough. You can go back to your dorm.” Yuri said still in her strict tone.

 

A week later, they were to be evaluated and Yuri had to pick a trainee to be eliminated.

 

“I didn’t pick her during the auditions. But she improved a lot and I see that she really likes this. So I pick Seohyun to stay.” Yuri said. For the first time, Seohyun saw the soft glare Yuri had while staring at her, enough to melt her heart into pieces. Seohyun doesn’t know why. She must be a masochist since Yuri gave her a hard time. But at that moment when Yuri chose  her to stay, she realized she was in love with her.

 

They had voice and dance teachers but Yuri still monitored them as a mentor despite her busy schedule as a singer and actress. They had to compete with other trainees mentored by Joohyun and Soyeon and Yuri wanted her team to win of course. It was her first TV performance and Seohyun was nervous more than when she took her entrance exam for med school. 

 

Yuri might have noticed and approached Seohyun. Yuri intently looked at Seohyun. Yuri fixed her hair and wiped her sweat with her bare hands. Yuri showed a small smile Seohyun saw for the first time since she became a trainee but Yuri was known to be a jolly person as a celebrity until this show where she showed her serious side. 

 

Yuri continued to fix Seohyun’s hair and Seohyun used this as a chance to observe the celebrity’s features upclose. “You improved a lot. I know you can beat them.” Yuri smiled. “You know why I made you repeat the dance? It’s because other trainees danced since they were kids and you’re just staring out. You needed to catch up to their level and even beat  them.”

 

“Thank you, Miss Yuri.” Seohyun said. Yuri laughed to Seohyun’s surprise. “Just call me Yuri unnie. I’m just two years older than you.” Yuri said. Seohyun softly nodded. 

 

Seohyun was so inspired that she felt she can do anything, especially with Yuri’s support. Besides, if she fails, she had to go back to med school. She had to do her best to be responsible of her own decisions going against her parents dream for her. Also, she wanted to be the best so she can at least be worthy for Yuri.

 

Seohyun received cheers for her performance. She managed to be the Dark Horse when she ranked first for online votes, securing her spot for the debuting girl group winner of the show.

 

Yuri smiled at her and hugged her. Her parents then came up the stage to celebrate her victory. Joohyun and Soyeon also congratulated her.

 

Seohyun has been busy performing since she won. But there was not a single day she hasn’t thought of her love, Kwon Yuri. She decided to text her and meet up. Yuri unexpectedly decided to meet right away.

 

“How are you? You’re a superstar now!” Yuri said excitedly. 

 

Seohyun laughed. “I can finally see the real you. You were so strict during the contest. I hated it.”

 

“Hated it? You sure had the biggest crush on me!” Yuri said.

 

Seohyun was taken aback. Was it that obvious? “You stare at me for so long and your cheeks blush so much when I talk to you.” Yuri said.

 

“Fine, I like you.” Seohyun said.

 

Yuri stared at Seohyun for a moment and kissed her. Yuri was only planning to give a quick sweet kiss. But Seohyun wrapped her arms around Yuri deepening the kiss. Seohyun opened and nibbled on Yuri’s lower lip. 

 

Seohyun paused and a thought distracted her. “Wait. When did you like me?”

 

Yuri smirked. “Hmm... it was love at first sight.”

 

“Yah! Why didn’t you accept me?” Seohyun asked.

 

“That was work. Besides I did say I can’t take my eyes off you. I had your number in the contestant info and I saved it. I thought having a doctor girlfriend would be cool... but fate works in mysterious ways.” Yuri said.

 

“Yah!” Seohyun said and slightly pushed Yuri.