Girls' Dormitory (SeoRi and other surprise SNSD pairings)

Soshi One Shots

 

With her sense of nationalism, Seohyun had only had one dream. This is to serve the country by being a policewoman. Right now, she is preparing for the Civil Service Exam. She found a Girls Dormitory where she could stay for a while. She got a part-time job at a convenience store which is only a few walks away from her dorm. 

After work, Seohyun immediately goes home. She shares a room with Hyoyeon, who is also preparing for the Civil Service Exam. 

"Hey." Hyoyeon said.

"Oh, hi Unnie." 

Seohyun proceeds to her desk to arrange her study materials.

"Studying again?" Hyoyeon asked.

"There's nothing else I should be doing, Unnie."

"I envy you." Hyoyeon said. "You're tall and pretty, yet you still work and study so hard."

"Well, Unnie, actually this man gave me a calling card in a subway. He's from SM Entertainment, is that right? The idol company, I guess."

"What!" Hyoyeon was shocked. "I auditioned as a dancer there but I never got a response after that. That's why I'm here studying for the Civil Service Exam, for the third time."

"Then, why don't you try another company, Hyo Unnie? Well, it's not my dream of being an idol. I really want to be a policewoman." 

"Thanks for your advice, Seohyun! You really have a lot of sense in you. I might as well audition in YG or JYP." Hyoyeon said.

"But... how will you study for your exam, if you will practice your dance?" Seohyun said.

"I won't study for the Exam. Like you said, I will chase my dreams." Hyoyeon said.

Seohyun replied, "I never said you should not study! What will your parents say? Why don't you just study first and audition later?" 

"Whatever! You go study! I won't disturb you now." Hyoyeon said, giving up on their conversation.

Seohyun continues studying but she can't concentrate when she hears voices. She looks behind and it is Hyoyeon video calling a tan woman with big eyes.

Hyoyeon notices Seohyun, "Seohyun, this is Sooyoung-ie, my girlfriend."

"Oh, nice to meet you." Seohyun says.

"Where is she?" Seohyun asks Hyoyeon.

Sooyoung from the laptop hears this and shows the background.

"New York?" Seohyun figures out.

Hyoyeon replies, "How are you so smart, Seohyun-ah?"

Hyoyeon goes back to the screen. "Sooyoung-ie, Seohyun needs to study! So I'll just see you soon, 'kay?" 

 

The next day, on her way to a review center, she spots a tan woman walking two dogs, one white and one gray. Seohyun spots one of the woman's dog pooping along the pavement of their dormitory. 

Seohyun ran and blocked the woman from further walking. "Ms. I think your dog pooped." 

The woman stared at her blankly with a smug aura. "The cleaner would sweep it anyway." 

Seohyun pointed the sign along the walkway which says, "Please scoop your dog's poop."

The woman laughed and replied, "I don't have a scoop."

Seohyun laughed at the woman's answer. "Are you kidding me?" Seohyun opens her bag and grabs a scratch paper. She hands it to the woman. "Here, use this." 

"Aish!" The woman said but got the paper from Seohyun.

"Would please, hold this for me?" The woman hand the leash of her dogs.

Seohyun rolls her eyes but gets it anyway.

The woman scooped her dog's poop threw it in a trash bin.

"You could have placed it on the plant soil as humus." Seohyun said.

"Do you own this building? You know the rules and even care about the plants." The woman slightly laughed finding how Seohyun acts so upright. 

"I'm a tenant. As a tenant, I have obligations and responsibilities. What if someone steps on your dog's poop? Not to mention it's foul smell.

The woman laughs as she gets her dog's leash from Seohyun.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Goodie Two-Shoes. My name is Yuri." The woman said as she moves her hand forward.

Seohyun hesitantly shook her hand and replied, "I'm Seohyun."

Seohyun checks her watch and realized that she might be late for her review class. "Bye" She said as she rushes away.

"Yah!" Someone said from behind Yuri. It's Yuri's friend, Taeyeon.

"Why are you smiling?" Taeyeon said.

"Huh? She's cute." Yuri replied.

"Who is?" 

"The girl I just met." 

"Is that love at first sight? Yuri, you're being a player again." Taeyeon teases.

"She's different! She looks young but she acts like a middle-aged woman who owns this building! And besides, I'm not a player. I'm just friendly, it's the women who approach me, okay?" Yuri replied.

"Where are you heading?" Taeyeon asked.

"To work." Yuri said.

"Gosh, duh! What work?" Taeyeon didn't know among the many freelance jobs Yuri has.

"To a filming of a movie, they asked me to be stunt woman. Hey, this is my first action role. Kyah!" Yuri said.

"So, can you play the guitar again for my gig later?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Uhm, sure! I guess filming wouldn't take the whole day." Yuri said as she bids goodbye and heads to work. 

The filming lasted until afternoon so she still has time for Taeyeon's gig later. Yuri decides to stop by a nearby convenience store for some snacks. She gets a triangular gimbap. Upon paying, she realized that the cashier is familiar. 

"Seohyun?" Yuri asked.

"Oh, Yuri! Hi!" Seohyun said joyfully but goes back to being serious as she realizes that this woman isn't that much of a rule abider like her, yet she still followed what she said earlier that morning.

After paying, Yuri spots that she is Seohyun's last customer as there is another worker whom Seohyun is handing the cashier to. 

Yuri approaches and asked, "Are you off work?" 

"Yeah." Seohyun replied as she awkwardly scratches her neck.

Yuri grabs Seohyun's hand, "I'm treating you today. Sorry for what happened this morning." 

Before Seohyun could reply, the other cashier interrupted, "Seohyun, you never told me you have a girlfriend."

Seohyun, with a shocked expression said, "No, Yoona,  it's not like that." She quickly pulls her hand from Yuri. 

Yuri just laughs and pulls Seohyun to get some snracks, "What do you want? Gimbap, instant noodles, rice bowl?" 

"Anniyeo, Yuri, you don't have to!"

"Oh? You don't like convenience store food? If I get a better job, I'll bring you to a fancy restaurant." Yuri said.

Seohyun finally laughs, "Like you have the obligation to bring me there? Fine! I'll get one if these." Seohyun grabs one pack instant noodles and heads to the cashier. Yuri quickly rushes and pays for it.

"Your girlfriend is so sweet, Seohyun." The cashier Yoona said.

"She's..." Seohyun said. 

"Let's go!" Yuri interrupts.

They go outside one of the tables with umbrella to eat. While eating, Yuri stares at Seohyun with much adoration. 

"What?" Seohyun said.

"Nothing!" Yuri replied and focused her attention on her food instead.

As they finished eating, they walked together as the dorm was just a few blocks away.

On their way, they encounter girls giggling. Then, another group of girls mumble. A short woman with a cute and intimidating vibe flirtatiously said, "Hi Yuri!" 

Yuri slightly smiled but avoided their gaze. 

"Who was that?" Seohyun asks.

"Lee Soon Kyu. Sunny for short. She's the leader of a girls mafia. But she's the niece of our dormitory owner, Mr. Lee Soo Man."

"What's up with that, huh?" Seohyun asked curiously. 

"Just.... Don't mind them." Yuri replied as she protectively placed her arm around Seohyun's shoulder.

As they reached the entrance of the dorm, Yuri said, "Goodnight Seohyun. I'm off for work." 

"Huh? You work at night?" Seohyun asked.

"This morning, I left my dogs with my brother before I worked as an extra in a movie. Now, I'm going to work as a guitarist for my friend who's an underground singer." 

"Oh, you pretty got so much on your plate. Well at least both are in the entertainment field." Seohyun said.

"I actually do swimming as well but there's no tournament right now... so yeah."

"Oh, you must be really talented. Good luck with your gig!"

"Would you want to watch it?" Yuri shyly asks.

"I'd love to! But... I have to study. Perhaps after the Civil Service Exams?" Seohyun replies.

"You're really... rigid. Amazing." Yuri said.

They stood there for a while with neither of them talking nor moving.

"You should go now, you might be late." Seohyun said.

"You go first. I'll wait for you to go inside." Yuri said as she gives a sweet smile.

"Okay, see you when I see you!" Seohyun excitedly skips inside. 

On her way to her room, Seohyun thought that her first impression of Yuri was wrong. Yuri was actually sweet and maybe a genuine person, whose just carefree and happy-go-lucky type. 

Seohyun opens her room and is welcomed by Hyoyeon whose practicing her dance. Hyoyeon quickly stops her music. 

"You go study now." Hyoyeon said.

"Thanks Unnie." Seohyun said.

Seohyun reads her review material. She randomly thought of Yuri, the way she stared at her at the convenience store and the way she smiled at her as she headed inside the dorm.

"Hyoyeon unnie..."

"Hmm...?"

"Have you met a tan woman who really looks cool? She's the dog owner in this dorm." 

"Yuri?" Hyoyeon replied.

"Yeah~ How do you know her?"

"I pretty know everyone in the building since I've been here for 2 years. I'm also only 3 months older than Yuri. So what about her do you want to ask about?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Oh, I'm wondering why..." 

"... why she's popular among the girls here?" Hyoyeon completed the sentence for Seohyun.

"Yeah, Unnie." 

"Well this is a Girls Dormitory and there are no guys." Hyoyeon said.

"I know Unnie!" Seohyun said.

"You said she's cool, right. Yes, she is. Yuri's handsome for a girl, so she's like the object of desire here." Hyoyeon replies.

"Oh" Seohyun replied and goes back to studying but what Hyoyeon said recurs to her mind.

"Wait. Object of desire? Do you like her Unnie?" Seohyun asked.

"Shouldn't I be the one who should be asking you that question?" Hyoyeon teases. 

"Eh? Unnie!!!" 

Hyoyeon teases further, "Actually, you two are like opposites. Opposites attract, you know!" 

"Aish! Stop it, Unnie!" Seohyun ignores Hyoyeon and continues studying. She thinks of Yuri every once in a while yet she fights it off with her concentration. 

For the next few days, Seohyun always bumps into Yuri (and her dogs) every morning. 

"Yah! Dog Owner, watch out for your dogs' poop." 

"Yes, Madam Building Owner!" Yuri said as she smiles.

"Building Owner?" Seohyun asked.

"You act like one with the way you remind me. It's not like my dogs would always poop."

"It becomes a habit you know. Why? Don't they poop every morning?" Seohyun asked.

"They don't have a schedule when they'll poop. Can we stop talking about it, it's gross." Yuri said. 

"Yeah, right." Seohyun replies. 

"Yuri-yah!" Taeyeon screams from behind.

She spots Seohyun and tugs Yuri with her elbows.

"Oh, Seohyun this is Taeyeon, my singer friend I told you about. Taeyeon, this is Seohyun." 

"Oh, Is she the cute girl who acts like a middle-aged woman?" Taeyeon asks.

Yuri rolls her eyes, "She is. But that was my first impression. Seohyun's not like a middle-aged woman, she just behaves really well." 

Taeyeon taps both of Yuri and Seohyun's shoulders and left.

"So... what work would you have today?" Seohyun asked.

"Well, while waiting for an acting sting and the swimming tournament, I'm heading to my mom's coffee shop. I'm a certified barista, ya know." Yuri winked.

"Cool! I guess I should go there one of these days to study, or maybe not, you might just distract me." Seohyun said.

"Am I distracting your studies? I'll go then." Yuri brisk walks ahead of Seohyun.

Seohyun quickly grabs Yuri's wrist, "You're not. I mean, it's hard to study with friends around as we'll only chit chat."

"Oh, yeah, my mom would probably bug you too." Yuri replied.

Yuri didn't notice that they've been walking for quite sometime now that they already ended up in Seohyun's review center.

Yuri spots the same cashier who took over after Seohyun's shift in the convenience store.

"Seohyun-nah!" She said as she ran to them.

"Oh, Yuri, I haven't properly introduced you to her. This is Yoona! Yoona, this is Yuri."

"Nice to meet you... again, Yuri-sshi. Oh, are those your dogs? They're so cute." 

"Yoona, that's why you should get your own dogs!" Seohyun said.

"Yuri-sshi, you could just leave me your dogs when you would go to a date with Seohyun, you know." Yoona said.

Seohyun steps on Yoona's shoe. "I told you she isn't my girlfriend!"

"Yet" Yoona said.

"Sorry, Yuri." Seohyun said.

"Sure. I'll go now." Yuri said as she pats Seohyun's head. She quickly rushes without looking back.

"That's cute!" Yoona said. 

 

Seohyun's day went as usual. After attending review classes, she goes to her part time job and heads home to study again.

"Hey Seohyun!" Hyoyeon said.

"Hi, Unnie!" Seohyun replies.

"Wanna go gaming tonight? It's Friday!" Hyoyeon asked.

"I gotta finish something. I'm actually left behind with my lessons!" Seohyun said.

"Take it easy, Seohyun! But whatever you say. I'm leaving now. Take care. Call me if you need anything." Hyoyeon said.

"Okay, Unnie, thanks. Have fun tonight." 

Seohyun wants to finish her lesson for the week before she devotes the weekend for rest and recreation. She skims through her notes extensively. After a few hours her phone rings. Yuri texted her, which reads, 

Dog Owner 🐶: Seohyun, are you at the dorm?

Seohyun replies that she is. She waits a few minutes but Yuri didn't reply. Before she could go back on reading, there was a knock on her door. She checks the peephole and it's Yuri. 

"Hey!" Yuri greeted her. "You must be studying so I brought coffee for you! I brewed this especially for you!" Yuri said as she placed it on Seohyun's desk. 

"Thanks, Yuri!" You're so sweet, she wants to add yet Seohyun is not that mushy with words. 

"I'll get going now, so study well." Yuri said.

"Wait!" Seohyun said. "Where are you going?" 

"I'm actually going back to my room. But Taeyeon went with Hyoyeon to go gaming. You know how Hyoyeon knows almost everyone here. Besides, they're both older than me so they like the same stuff!" Yuri said.

"Why didn't you go with them?" Seohyun asked.

"It was tiring week. I want to rest." Yuri said.

"You can rest here... I mean... Hyoyeon isn't here, I don't wanna be alone." Seohyun said.

"Sure. I'll keep quiet. Promise!" Yuri said as she lies on Seohyun's bed. 

Yuri observes Seohyun, her books and her stuff toys before she closes her eyes.

"Yuri! This is so good." Seohyun said referring to the coffee.

"Glad you liked it! Hope it keeps you awake tonight." Yuri said.

"Of course it would!" Seohyun replied. 

After a few hours of studying, Seohyun notices that Yuri fell asleep. She approaches Yuri who was lying down on her bed. 

"Yuri, are you really sleeping?" Seohyun asks and gets no responses.

Seohyun notices Yuri's features, her tan skin, sharp nose, and pink lips. Wait why am I staring at her like this, Seohyun thought. The girls here must be right but I can't be under her spell like that. It must be that she's only confined in this place that she sees no one else. But there are guys at the review center but I don't feel anything like this. 

Seohyun distracts herself from studying. She studies more until she was able to sleep in on her desk.

Yuri awakes at around 3am. She notices Hyoyeon is already there sleeping on her own bed. Yuri sees Seohyun sleeping on her study table. She felt guilty. She was about to leave and realizes that Seohyun's position might strain her whole body. Yuri decides to carry Seohyun on her bed. She pulls her blanket. She leans forward. The urge to kiss Seohyun is so strong especially with her soft yet plump lips. 
I shouldn't take advantage, Yuri thought. 

"Ms. Goodie Two Shoes wouldn't be happy if you do that, Kwon Yuri." Yuri talks to herself.

"She'll even file a ual harassment case." said a voice from the other bed.

Yuri was shocked, "Hyoyeon, you're awake?"

"I'm keeping an eye on you, Kwon Yuri! If you do something to Seohyun, I'm gonna kick your !" 

"Aish!" Yuri says as she leaves.

 

 

Yuri went back from her room and sleeps for the remaining wee hours of night. 

Taeyeon wakes Yuri up. "Hey, Yuri, aren't you doing something today?"

"It's Sa... saturrrr... dayy hmmmm...." Yuri answers with her grumpiness.

Taeyeon is busy fixing her hair as she speaks, "I'm picking Tiffany from the airport. She wants to hold a party tonight, so bring a date."

Yuri wakes up and slowly sits up.

"Oh yeah, she's going to be back today!" Bringing a date is necessary?" 

"Sooyoung would be there, she'll be busy with Hyoyeon. And I'll be busy with Tiffany. You'll be left out. Unless, you wanna hang out with Sunny." Taeyeon scoffs.

As Taeyeon left, Yuri rolls on her bed, lazy to do her routine exercise during the weekend. She checks her phone and reads an invitation from Hyoyeon. What's written is exactly what Taeyeon said.

Yuri understands that Taeyeon must miss Tiffany so much. They'll be all over each other tonight for sure. But she didn't get it why Tiffany would invite her friends when she'll only be flirting with her Taeyeon. Yuri remembered about bringing a date.

She only thought of one person. Yuri remembers last night, how she fought the urge to kiss her sleeping beauty. 

Yuri texts Seohyun.

Yuri: Taeyeon's girlfriend Tiffany is holding a party tonight. Taeyeon said you can join us. It's a Saturday, hope you can come!

Seohyun replies to Yuri.

Ms. Goodie Two-Shoes: Sure! Hyoyeon Unnie told me about it. I thought of not going since Sooyoung Unnie would be there and I would have no one to talk to. But since you're coming, I'd go!

Yuri giggles at Seohyun's response. "She wants to see me?" Yuri asks herself. She thought of Sunny who is Taeyeon and Hyoyeon's friend. She might be left out.

Yuri: You can bring your friend Yoona, the more, merrier! I'm introducing her to someone...

Ms. Goodie Two-Shoes: Really? Okay, sure. Yoona likes to party~! 

 


Come evening, the guest come one by one in one unit of the building. Tiffany still has a place which was unoccupied since she went to America. Each of the girls bought potluck instead of having deliveries.

As expected Taeyeon and Tiffany are all over each other. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon chats with Yuri while the others are not yet there. Sunny enters and is excited to see Yuri. She clings on to her like a girlfriend. Yuri is disgusted but Sunny keeps on clinger to her.

Soon after, Seohyun, along with Yoona arrives with Seohyun bringing the cake.

"This is for you, Sooyoung Unnie." Seohyun said.

"How sweet of you! But how did you know it's gonna be my birthday soon." Sooyoung realizes something and hits Hyoyeon hard. "Yah! How can you order this dongsaeng of yours. You should have bought it instead."

"I wanted to be with you right away." Hyoyeon gives off an awkward and silly smile.

Seohyun and Yoona leaves them and sits on the couch. 

Yuri immediately snatched her hand away from Sunny.

"Seohyun! Oh, Yoona, hi!" Yuri said. "Yoona, this is Sunny. She's the niece of the building owner."

"Oh, nice! You're cute, Sunny-sshi!" Yoona said as Sunny gives an aegyo. They exchange cringe-worthy cute gestures and eventually engaged in their own worlds. 

Yuri and Seohyun exchange looks. They look at everyone else yet they are busy. They again exchange looks and laugh at how their friends are.

"You're really stuck with me tonight." Yuri says. 

"I guess so. But where's Hani and Dooe?" Seohyun asks. Yuri points her dogs and Sunny and Yoona are playing with them.

"Yoona Unnie doesn't have pets but she does adore other people's pets." 

"Oh, perfect then. They could play with them and lets go prepare all the food we brought!" Yuri holds Seohyun's hand as she drags her to the kitchen. 

Seohyun slowly pulls her hand. Yuri notices it and scratches her neck, avoiding eye contact.


Seohyun and Yuri places the food on the table, arranging them with the plates and utensils.

Yuri calls everyone for dinner.

"Yah, Kwon Yuri. You're getting influenced by Seohyun's orderliness." Hyoyeon teases.

Taeyeon answers, "At least it's not Seohyun getting badly influenced by Yuri."

"As if." Yuri exhales through her nose.

Over dinner, Tiffany talks about her studying acting abroad. "I've also done auditions for shows there so I'm just waiting for their call."

Sooyoung asks Tiffany, "Have you met Jessica there?" 

"Yeah, she's doing great." Tiffany says. "Yuri do you miss her?" 

Yuri is in her trance as she realizes that the question is being asked to her, "Huh? What?"

"Yah! Don't bring her up!" Hyoyeon says.

"Do you still have feelings for her, Yuri-yah?" Taeyeon asks.

"Eh? What the? She's already engaged." Yuri answers and distracts herself in getting more food.

Seohyun notices that Yuri is awkward about it. But definitely Yuri is still hurt. Maybe Yuri still has feelings for her ex. But what am I feeling? Seohyun thought. After a tiring week, she was excited to party. But now, she feels down for reasons she can't exactly explain.

"I'm going now, Unnies." Seohyun suddenly stands up. 

"Huh? Why so soon, Seohyun-nah?" Hyoyeon asks worryingly.

"I need to get up early tomorrow, I have some things to do." Seohyun replies.

"I'll get going too." Yoona adds. 

"Yoong-ie, don't go!" Sunny clings to Yoona.

Seohyun leaves with Yoona. Sunny follows as well as she still wants to spend more time with Yoona, alone. 

When the three leaves, Hyoyeon asks, "Yah! Taeyeon-nah, why did you ask that?"

"I wanna try something." Taeyeon said raising her brows. 

Hyoyeon askes, "Try something?"

"I wanna see if Seohyun will get jealous of Jessica. And it seems that she is. I think Seohyun is in love with our Yuri." Taeyeon answers.

"Yah! You're so mean!" Sooyoung says.

"I shouldn't have brought her up." Tiffany says. "You should've said, there's something going on between Yuri and Seohyun." She nudges Taeyeon.

"There's nothing going on... yet." Taeyeon answers.

"Seohyun seems to be so nice... and decent." Sooyoung says. She hits Yuri on the shoulder.

"Awwww!" Yuri shouts as she touches her shoulder.

"She's a good catch, Yuri-ah! I think she'll take care of you really well... and guide you in life even!" Sooyoung says.

Yuri eyes her dogs and uses them as an excuse to leave. "You guys... Hani and Dooe are annoyed!" She checks the clock. "It's way past their bedtime!" Yuri hurries to the door, avoiding further questions from her friends. 

The rest also pack up. Tiffany and Sooyoung stay in the place since they shared the room even before they left for America. 

When Hyoyeon came back to her room with Seohyun she notices that Seohyun is not on her desk. Perhaps she is on the bathroom.

Hyoyeon notices Seohyun's laptop. She checks the screen and sees past photos of Jessica and Yuri on Tiffany's Facebook account.

Seohyun goes out and sees Hyoyeon. "Unnie!"

"Wow, you pretty much digged a lot. Even Yuri and Jessica deleted pictures of each other.

"So... this is really Jessica? She's pretty and really fashionable..." Seohyun said sulking. 

Hyoyeon hugs Seohyun. "Yuri's over her, a long time ago. You shouldn't worry."

"Worry?" Seohyun asks.

"Dating 101 Master Kim Hyoyeon is here for you to answer all your love problems." Hyoyeon voices put in a way of imitating a Love DJ guru. "I see that you are worried that Yuri still has feeling for her ex. You felt insecure and staked her ex and examined yourself compare fro her. You wonder if Yuri would like you based on her ex. You worry about this a lot. In other words, you're falling for Yuri, Seohyun-nah. 


Seohyun thought a lot about what Hyoyeon said and what she herself was feeling. She thinks about her feelings until she fell asleep. 

Seohyun didn't see Yuri in the morning. She goes to review center and then after to her part time job. Minutes before she finishes her shift, the mindlessly scans the triangular gimbap and instant noodles on her cashier. She wraps them on the paper bag.

She finally looks up. She is surprised to see that her last customer is Yuri, smiling brightly in front of her.

Yoona is already there and forces Seohyun into Yuri. Seohyun is frustrated and heads outside. 

"Deja vu." Yuri says. She offers food and Seohyun gladly eats, releasing all her stress, both mental and emotional stress.

Yuri is amazed at how Seohyun savored her food while she enjoys watching Seohyun. "I wasn't able to say goodbye yesterday." 

Seohyun wipes to answer. "I was the one who left so suddenly! Sorry." 

"It's okay~" Yuri sweetly smiled. 

They eat quietly for a few moments before Yuri speaks again. "The day we met, we ate together like this too~"

"Hmmm..." Seohyun human as she takes a sip of her soup. She suddenly asks about Jessica.

"Jessica-sshi?"

"What about her?" Yuri asks while wiggling her eyebrows.

"You... still... have feelings for her...?" Seohyun asked.

"None. I actually never thought about her anymore. They just brought her up last night. Aigoo... I should probably make you mine so they'll stop teasing me." Yuri said without giving much thought.

"What?!" Seohyun said in a high pitched voice.

Yuri stares at her sweetly. "I like you, Seohyun-nah."

Seohyun stares at her for a while before she replied. "Last night, I realized something... I like you too, Yuri. But..."

Yuri stops Seohyun by kissing her.

Yuri giggles as Seohyun is in a trance, forgetting what she wanted to say before the kiss.

"But what?" Yuri asks as she holds Seohyun's cheeks.

"It's too early, Yuri. I want to get to know you more, but... I can't do that right now. I mean, I'm studying for an exam, you're still chasing your dreams..."

Yuri interrupts Seohyun again by sealing her lips with Seohyun. Seohyun wants to push Yuri but Yuri is being passionate and she can't just let go. They end the kiss as they catch their breaths. 

"Remember, what I promised you when we first met?" Yuri asked.

"That you'll treat me to a fancy restaurant when you get a better job?" Seohyun asked.

Yuri pecked Seohyun's lips. "Bingo! You remember."

"Stop kissing me!" Seohyun said.

"Fine, I'll take it back!" Yuri says as she pecks Seohyun's lips again.

"Yuri!" 

"What?" 

"As what I'm trying to tell you, we can't date right now. I can't date you. I have no time for that now..."

"I know." Yuri sweetly answers. "When you pass the exam, can we date then?"

Seohyun pecks Yuri's lips.

Yuri was surprised at what Seohyun did. "Is that a yes?"

Seohyun shyly nods.


They walk side by side on their way home. Yuri gently holds Seohyun's hand. Seohyun stares at her when they reached the dorm. 

"I'm leaving the dorm tomorrow." Yuri says.

"Huh?" Seohyun said.

"I'm going to work at my Mom's coffee shop for now, while I wait for something I auditioned for."

"I won't see you?" Seohyun asks.

"You're the one who told me you don't have time for dating." Yuri said still smiling.

"Oh yeah~" Seohyun says. 

Yuri pinches her cheek. "You're so cute~ you're gonna be the cutest policewoman ever!"

 


One month later 

Seohyun passed the Civil Service Exam just a week ago. Her Chief Officer assigned her to patrol traffic just a few days after she passed. And for the weekend, she is tasked to patrol over an action scene for a movie. The crew got a permit to close the road for the shoot. 

The main actress is dressed in a leather jacket. Her face is hidden from Seohyun as she performs the stunts on her co-actor. Seohyun finally gets a glimpse of the actress' face. It's no other than her Yuri.

The director calls "Cut" and Yuri gulps at her water, tired from the action scene. She notices a familiar face dressed in a police outfit. 

Yuri realized that it's Seohyun and calls out her name. "Seohyun!"

Seohyun looks back. Yuri runs to Seohyun and hugs her tightly. 

Yuri grasps Seohyun's cheek, "You didn't even call me when you passed the exam."

Seohyun replies, "It was just a week ago and my seniors keep assigning me to different sites.  I was supposed to call you during the weekend during my off. You didn't tell me you got the main role, huh?" 

"It's just an indie film." Yuri replies humbly.

"Don't famous actors start from that?" Seohyun asks and Yuri nods.

Seohyun elbows Yuri. "So, will you fulfill your promise now?" 

"Yeah, sure. I'll treat you to a fancy restaurant after this shoot! How about your promise?" Yuri said.

"Huh? What promise?" Seohyun asked innocently.

"That you'll date me when you pass the exam." Yuri teasingly winked.

Seohyun quickly pecked Yuri's lips.

Before Yuri could respond, the director called her to resume filming. 


A/N: This was originally titled as "The Dog Owner" though I deviated from that so I changed the title. It was a bit challenging to include all SNSD members in a one-shot but I really waned to put them all. Keke. I also wanted them to meet at a party or something but my line of thought changed.