Guilty of Loving You (Part 2)

Soshi One Shots

"Then set me up with her." Seohyun said.

"What?" the shocked Hyoyeon said.

"You said you felt guilty. Didn't Yuri ask that of you as well. Then do it." Seohyun was bold in saying that.

"Okay, fine. If you get heartbroken, don't blame me." Hyoyeon said matter-of-factly

"Yes madam!" Seohyun said with a promise gesture.

 

 

When Seohyun went home, she couldn't believe what Hyoyeon said. So Yoona and Yuri were or are still rivals? Seohyun can't help but feel excited for her date with Yuri. Wait. Is it even a date? Hyoyeon is just setting them up. But Seohyun never felt this giddy as before. She's always been studious, from elementary to college. She worked hard for the dreaded Civil Service Examinations. Even if Seohyun was younger than Hyoyeon, Seohyun managed to be a police officer first tasked to be a detective. Hyoyeon still remains as a profiler that the police unit hires from the outside. 

Seohyun thinks of what could happen during her blind date with Yuri. She recalls the time when Yoona asked her out. 

 

***ONE MONTH AGO***

 

"Yah, 'single since birth girl'", as what Hyoyeon calls Seohyun.

"What?" Seohyun glances up from her desk.

Hyoyeon hand her an address of a restaurant.

"What's this? What case is it?" Seohyun asked with a questioning look.

"It's your case." 

"What?"

"Yoona, asked me to set you up with her. So here's your chance. No one just dates a prosecutor." Hyoyeon said.

"I don't even like her. What the hell is this KIM HYOYEON?" Seohyun shouted.

"I'm still your unnie. Just go. What will happen if you won't go? Yoona will fire you and get another detectives for her cases." Hyoyeon said.  

"So what? I passed the Civil Service Exam. I could just be a police officer tasked somewhere, if she fires me as a detective."

"Are you insulting me?"

"I'm not. It's you that's offended." Seohyun said as she raised her eyebrows.

"Just give it a try! Try dating, you're young." 

"Love will come, when I least expect it." Seohyun said. 

"Just go!" Hyoyeon insisted.

 

 

Yoona came to pick up Seohyun from her office. Seohyun opened the door at the front seat.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Yoona sat immediately and Seohyun sat opposite Yoona.

Their dinner was quiet and awkward. Only their utensils were heard. At least the food and the ambiance was great.

"Have you gathered the evidence for The Choi Murder Case?" Yoona started a conversation.

"Yeah, it's finalized. The autopsy shows that Ms. Choi was killed with a gunshot and not with with a knife." Seohyun said.

"Okay, I'll ask Hyoyeon for the information about the suspected murderer, Kim Taeyeon."


_________________________________________________________

 


Prosecutors Office 

"So you brought the knife with Kim Taeyeon's DNA?" Yoona asked.

"Yes, here it is." Hyoyeon said.

"Don't let Seohyun know about this." Yoona said.

"Yes, Ma'am." You can trust me. Hyoyeon said. 

 

 

Police Office

"So how was the date?" Hyoyeon asked curiously.

"Boring." Seohyun said.

Hyoyeon felt guilty of pushing her friend just because of the pressure from the prosecutor.

"Just live with it. No one can just date a Prosecutor. Everyone dreams of becoming a Prosecutor's Wife." Hyoyeon said.

"Says who else, but you? Why don't you go date Yoona instead?" Seohyun asked.

"Why are you so stubborn? That's why you've been single ever since." Hyoyeon said.

"Shut up! I'm working here."