Hate to Love

Soshi One Shots

 

One of South Korea's acclaimed solo artist, Seohyun is seated at her dressing room. She's famous for singing both classical and pop songs, which is rare for a KPOP singer.

Since Seohyun's invite for the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, she's invited again for a North and South Korea Friendship Concert. She checks the line-up of the concert and sees their name, 'Kwon Yuri'

She asks her manager coolly, "Yuri's part of the line up?"

Her manager replies, "Yeah, didn't I tell you? She's really trendy these days you know after her coming out."

Yuri's an electro pop singer, a complete opposite of Seohyun's genre. She's quite popular but she became really a trend after coming out as a lesbian recently, a first in Korean history, despite the LGBT campaigns worldwide. She became an icon for the youth, in the more open and liberated society of younger Koreans.

"How can they invite her? Ugh! Does she even know how to read REAL music?" Seohyun replies as she fans her face brewing with anger, feeling insulted to be in the same concert as a singer different from her class.

They hear a sudden knock on the door. Speaking of the devil. Yuri with her manager enters. She's wearing a black leather jacket with long beads hanging on it. Her outfit and slight smirk makes her look really cocky.

"Hi, I just wanted to say hi, my lady." Yuri says as she approaches Seohyun.

"Your lady?" Seohyun says raising her eyebrows.

Yuri's manager replies, "You know how Yuri's tagged as the 'Nation's Gentlewoman'

"Gentlewoman my foot" Seohyun mumbles.

Yuri giggles at Seohyun's temperamental expression. "You're so y like that." 

"Excuse me?" Seohyun says fuming with anger. 

Yuri doesn't reply but instead kneels down and kisses Seohyun's hand. 

Yuri and her manager leaves afterwards.

Seohyun stomps her foot and stares at her hand. "Ugh!!! Alcohol please!"

Her manager rushes and gives her alcohol.

"Is that why she's famous? I don't get it." Seohyun rubs her hand furiously as if it as so much germs.

"You should open your heart sometimes you know. She seems really nice to greet to here first." Seohyun's manager says.

"Gosh!" Seohyun says. 

 

 

Seohyun finishes her performance and she is on stand-by for the final stage wherein all the performers will go back to stage for a final song. She spots Yuri fixing her jacket. Yuri notices her looking so she approaches her. 

"Hi there." Yuri says.

Seohyun scratches her neck and pretends to look far away.

Yuri giggles as she holds her phone up. "Hi guys! It's our ending stage. I'm here with the very beautiful Seohyun!"

Seohyun hears that and she has no choice but to wave. She can't look snobbish in a live video or public Instagram story or whatever. She can't afford to have an attitude problem issue. 

Yuri giggles again as she checks her video. She elbows Seohyun. "I didn't know you can smile." 

Seohyun just exhales loudly at how Yuri is acting close with her. 

 


The concert ends and Seohyun is now in her van. Seohyun checks Naver to ease the boredom during the ride. She is surprised to see pictures of her and Yuri holding hands during the concert. Well it was during the last stage and it just so happened that she was beside Yuri as all the performers held hands for the final bow. She scrolls and a lot of articles actually showed up about them with unbelievable and silly titles. 'Undeniable Chemistry of Nation's Singers', 'The Nation's Gentlewoman finds her Match', 'Yuri Seohyun Opposites Attract?'

"AAAAAHHHH!" Seohyun shouts as she kicks her legs while still seated. 

 

 

Days have passed since that concert. Seohyun has no schedules for the meantime and is enjoying her time just lying on bed. She checks her Instagram notifications and Yuri followed her after the concert. She checks comments on her most recent posts:

"Unnie, please update."

"Selca with Yuri please."

"Unnie, follow Yuri back."


Seohyun checks her tagged photos and there were a lot of pictures of her with Yuri, during the concert and screenshots of her in Yuri's IG Story. She checks a video she is tagged on with only Yuri in it. It's actually Yuri's interview.

She watches is out of boredom or maybe she's curious too. 

It was an interview about Yuri composing her own songs, how she writes the notes and gather inspiration from movies. 

"Oh she knows how to write songs?" Seohyun says to herself.

The interviewer says, "Are you sure your inspiration is only from movies, how about in real life?"

Yuri was serious at first and then giggles at the question. The audience's shout was so loud.

Yuri answers, "Well... I can't answer that right now."  

"So there's a person in real life you get your inspiration from?" The hosts asks.

"You all know who she is... I've always been so transparent." 


The clip ends and Seohyun was stunned at how people really shipped her with Yuri. She was happy that she haven't seen pictures of her with Kyuhyun or Yonghwa. Her manager's words lingered on her, "to open your heart." She'd seen Yuri in a new light. She actually composes songs and she seems like really an artist, and not just a trendy singer. She also seems like a pure person. Yet what if Yuri just rides with the popularity of their ship. She thinks about the time when she first saw Yuri years back. She was really pretty and handsome at the same time. She can't blame those people who immediately falls in love with her. So she trained herself to not feel the same way.

She goes back to her notification and checks Yuri's Instagram. 

There were a lot of selfies of her acting both cool and silly. Seohyun laughs, "She's so narcissistic."

While browsing Yuri's photos, she accidentally pressed "Follow" 

"!" Seohyun says. "Gosh, now I can't take it back." 

After accidentally following Yuri, she gets a private message immediately. 

YR: Hey Babe! 👋

SH: Babe? 😡

YR: 😡? Cute~ 😊

SH: 😐

YR: I want to see you~ You and your 😡

SH: I don't want to see your 😁😏😎

YR: Really? Why?

SH: Stop acting cool, Yuri. It's so annoying. 

YR: Sorry 😔 I'll be 😇

SH: 😇? You better be. Yuri please, stop talking about us. Well, you never really did. But please let's not make a fuss about what the public thinks about us. Ugh! I don't wanna be shipped with anyone! You get it, right?

YR: Sure. I didn't mean to. Sorry. 😔

Seohyun was surprised and happy at the same time at Yuri's reply. She wasn't expecting Yuri to be humble and be sorry. Yet, she did say sorry and she accepts that.

 

 

After a few weeks, Seohyun attends Sooyoung's birthday party. She's been friends with the actress-model after being invited by fashion shows together. The theme is a hoodie party so Seohyun sports a hoodie, unlike her usual elegant classy style. 

Sooyoung sees Seohyun entering the venue, "Oh, Seohyun, hello!" Seohyun spots Hyoyeon who is also a friend of hers. 

"Unnie!" Seohyun rushes to Hyoyeon. Sooyoung leaves the two alone as Sooyoung entertains her other guests. 

Another guest enters. She's has a bob hair cut and nerdy glasses. Seohyun thought she's familiar.

"Yuri?" She questions.

Yuri slightly smiles back. Sooyoung notices and she rushes towards them. "She's my college classmate, actually. I'm very sure I don't need to introduce you guys."

Hyoyeon smiles knowing and it's kind of annoying for Seohyun even if she's her friend.

"Actually, we were never formally introduced." Seohyun says.

Hyoyeon laughs hard at that and then resumes to drinking, enjoying the scene in front of her.

Yuri sits across Seohyun as there's no seat left. "Sorry, I came from a shoot. Was I late?" Yuri says as she scratches her head.

"It's alright, I know you've been so busy because you're really a hot topic these days." Sooyoung winks and stares at Seohyun. "I'll leave you two... I mean three."

Yuri silently plays with the wine bottle in front of her. She sees Seohyun staring at her from the corner of her eyes yet she tries so hard to avoid any eye contact. 

'She's acting differently today'  Seohyun thought.

Her thoughts are interrupted as Jessica approaches Yuri. "Hey Yuri, long time no see." She says with so much sweetness in her tone, almost like flirting. 

"Hi!" Yuri says and stares at Seohyun.

'Why did she just stare at me?' Seohyun lingers on her own. 

Jessica follows Yuri's line of sight and spots Seohyun. "Oh I see. Hi Seohyun! You're really an amazing singer." 

"Uhm... thanks!" Seohyun replies.

"Are you guys dating?" Jessica asks Yuri.

Yuri stares at Seohyun again.

Seohyun thinks fast of what she could say. And finally uttered to say, "It's none of your business." 

Yuri silently giggles as she stares at Seohyun with admiration, always loving that angry yet attractive expression of hers. 

Soon after a girl named Juran chats with Yuri. She seems to have a crush on Yuri. The way she stares at her, that it's almost on a scary way. 

Seohyun coughs and Juran notices her. She stares at Seohyun. Perhaps intimidated by Seohyun, she walks away.

"Thanks! I didn't know she's invited. She's pretty creepy!" Yuri said in a whispering voice. 

Seohyun nods, agreeing with what Yuri said. She doesn't reply as she thinks that Yuri must have been flirty with her only... or maybe it's just imagination. She's just not sure yet. 

"Yuri, you really look different today."

"Well... it's the theme. Hoodie party~"

"Yeah, but you look like a nerd." Seohyun laughs. She notices her expression and quickly turned into serious mode.

"So... which style one do you like more?" 

"Your usual style. You look really cool with your stage outfit." Seohyun mumbles enthusiastically yet stops as she's surprised with how she reacted.

"But... you noticed these glasses." Yuri holds the specs she's wearing. 

"Because you looked different today!" 

"And you always look pretty."

Seohyun blushed a little yet managed to mumble, "There goes your usual self again."

"What's my usual self?"

"Always so flirty, cocky and self-confident..."

"Seohyun, listen... I'm not like that. I tried acting like an angel tonight, you know. Cuz that's what I said in the chat."

Seohyun controlled her laughing at how Yuri really took her emojis seriously. Yet Yuri saw that subtle smile. 

They get interrupted by the other guests for a group picture. The party ended just like that. 

 


Yuri and Seohyun met again for another Music Festival. 

"Hey!" Yuri says.

"Hi" Seohyun waves.

"I wanted you to be on my Insta Story yet... you're afraid of all those shipping right?" Yuri laughs.

"No it's okay, Yuri."

"Huh, really? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's for fanservice right?" Seohyun says.

Yuri opens her phones and talks a video. "Guys I met Seohyun again." 

"Hi~ This is Seohyun!"

Yuri stops the video after capturing that short clip. She rewatches what she just filmed and smiled a little. 

Seohyun finds that cute: Yuri smiling a little with that fierce make up. Showing that she could have that cuteness with her cockiness.

Yuri sees Seohyun. "Ah, it's cute.", showing her the video.

"You are." Seohyun mumbles without giving much thought.