Guilty of Loving You (Part 3)

Soshi One Shots

Hyoyeon texted Seohyun that Yuri would pick her up at her house. Seohyun insisted that she goes to the restaurant but Hyoyeon said that she already texted Yuri of Seohyun's address.

Seohyun heard the sound of a car stopping in front of her house. She got a last check of herself before heading to her gate.

Yuri stepped out of the car wearing a black blazer. She rushed to the door to greet Seohyun.

"Hi!" Yuri said warmly. 

"Hi." Seohyun replied with a slight grin. 

Yuri opened the car for Seohyun. Seohyun thought, this is so different from Yoona where she opened the door herself.

Yuri smiled towards Seohyun before she started to drive.

When they reached the parking, Yuri rushed outside to open the door for Seohyun.

"You didn't have to." Seohyun said shyly.  

"But I want to." Yuri replied.

Seohyun ignored Yuri and just followed Yuri to the receptionist.

"Reservation for Kwon Yuri." Yuri said.

The waiter led them to their seat. 

Yuri pulled the chair for Seohyun.

"Again, you don't have to, Yuri." Seohyun said.

"I want to. Just enjoy it, okay." Yuri said flashing her dashing smile.

Seohyun blushed at how sweet Yuri is since she picked her up from her house.

As soon as the waiter got their orders, Seohyun spoke, "We didn't have to go to this expensive place." 

"An expensive restaurant, suits an exquisite lady like you." Yuri smiled. 

"You might have used that line many times."

"No! Trust me! I've only said it now." 

"Do you swear to tell the truth?" Seohyun said.

"I solemnly swear!" Yuri said with her eyes and mouth wide.

Seohyun can't help but laugh at Yuri's dorky face just now.

"Do I look funny?" Yuri asked.

"Yes! Absolutely." Seohyun said.

"That's what my friends say, my eyes and mouth just expand when I'm excited or shocked." Yuri said with a groggy expression.

"It's cute." Seohyun said.

"Really?" Yuri asked.

"I'm taking it back." Seohyun said teasingly.

"No, you already said I'm cute!" Yuri said.

"Well, you are." Seohyun said, surprised at what she said. Good thing their orders arrived to save her from Yuri noticing her blushing.

"Hmmm..." Yuri said while munching on her food.

Seohyun was amazed at how Yuri was adorable, really enjoying her food, with her humming while munching her steak. Seohyun wanted to ask Yuri about Yoona but Seohyun didn't want to ruin their first date asking about someone Yuri disliked. 

"So... you said, Hyoyeon set you up with Yoona." Yuri asked. 

Seohyun was shocked at how Yuri brought up Yoona. Was Yuri a mind reader? Or do we just think alike? Seohyun wondered.

"Uhm... Yuri, Hyoyeon actually told me what you and Yoona are. You don't have to bring it up if it makes you uncomfortable." 

"No! I'm not, besides... I know I'm a lot better than Yoona." Yuri said.

"Really, huh?" Seohyun smiled.

"You already said I'm cute. Do you find Yoona cute?" Yuri asked.

"No. Never. Well, maybe she is but she's not my type." 

"Hmm... oh I see. So up to what extent did Hyoyeon tell you about me?"

"Oh, just about you and Yoona. You're cool, Yuri. I wish I could've seen you win in court against Yoona." 

"Thanks, Seohyun. But you gather evidences for Yoona, you shouldn't say that! Or maybe you told Yoona that you wish I lost." Yuri said in a joking way.

"Nah, Yuri don't get me wrong. Yoona and I aren't like that. We barely even talked. I swear, I talked to you more than I talked to Yoona."

"Really?" Yuri said with her face lighting up with what Seohyun said.

"Yeah, believe me. I just present evidences to her and it's up to her to defend it. But that Ms. Choi case. It's obvious from the investigation that Kim Taeyeon didn't commit the murder but Yoona insisted that Taeyeon did it so Yoona lost that case."

Yuri smiled at Seohyun.

"Why are you smiling after hearing a murder case?" 

"You know, I just learned to be happy. I can't get my emotions take over me when I'm handling those kind of cases." 

"Wait. Did you...? Were you Kim Taeyeon's Lawyer?"

"You're a Detective indeed. No... you're really a reliable detective, Detective Seo." Yuri said not erasing the smile she still had.

"And you're a reliable lawyer, Lawyer Kwon." 

Yuri just smiled and bowed showing her shy yet cute side.

"Lawyer Kwon, do you think Yoona fabricates evidences?" Seohyun said in a whispering tone.

"Detective Seo, I think we should talk about that privately." 

"Hmm, you're right." Seohyun said as she looks around as if someone is spying on them.

"Detective Seo, don't be too paranoid." 

Yuri stood up. She held Seohyun's arms and  led Seohyun to the exit.

"Aren't we paying?" Seohyun asked.

"I already pre-paid for it." Yuri winked.

As they walked to the parking, Yuri was still holding Seohyun's arm. Seohyun looked at Yuri's hand and Yuri noticed it. She suddenly let go as she looked away. "Sorry" 

Seohyun wanted to hold Yuri's hand but she wanted to play hard to get for a first date. She still wants to learn more about Yuri. 

Yuri opens the car door for Seohyun again.

When Yuri sat at the driver seat, she said, "Wait for me here, I'm just gonna get some coffee at the shop there." 

"But we just ate." Seohyun said.

"It's just coffee. Wait for me." Yuri said.

Seohyun waited for a while and observed Yuri's sports car. She looked at the back and saw a pile of papers and envelopes neatly arranged on top of the seats. 

In no time Yuri was knocking on the window, bringing two cups of coffee on both of her hands.

Seohyun opened the door for Yuri. "So, you have a lot of cases there huh?" 

"Oh, yeah. Those are civil cases I work with at a private firm. You know, criminal cases were tiring and I think I've gained enough experience from that and besides I did a lot of pro bono cases back then. It's now time to earn for a living." 

Yuri continued as she gave a cup of coffee to Seohyun, "Oh yeah, about Yoona, you're right about what you said. Actually when she was in law school, she didn't exactly cheat. But she used a lot of people and ended up getting higher scores than those she asked for help. Hmm... maybe she's smart but just don't act like it. I mean, she had a lot of time for leisure but she ended up getting higher scores than I do. I really studied all day. Maybe she just absorbed more than I did. But sometimes, I feel like she cheated but I don't have any evidences to prove it. But when it came to practice, I ended up winning against her fabricated evidences." 

Seohyun can't help but admire how eloquent Yuri is. She was more humble than Yoona and yet it's Yuri who's more righteous and won honestly. 

"Hey!" Yuri said as she shook Seohyun.

Seohyun looked at Yuri's hand on her shoulder.

"Sorry." Yuri said.

"It's okay." Seohyun said.

Oh, Seohyun just wants to hold Yuri's hand and hug her right now, to comfort her that she won against Yoona in the end. How frustrating it must be for Yuri when Yoona used to top their law classes.

"Yuri?"

"Hmm?"

"Nothing"

Yuri suddenly laughed. "Seohyun, if you want to say something, just say it." 

"Uhm, is this a date?" Seohyun ended up asking. She felt bad after blurring out such a petty question.

"Well, I treated you, so let's count it as a date."

"What if I pay for what I ate?" Seohyun asked.

"Then it's a professional meeting." Yuri teased, still with her smile.

"For investigating Yoona", Yuri added. 

"I want to quit as a detective. I'd rather just work as a police officer."

"So I'll see you in a uniform." Yuri said.

Seohyun hit Yuri's shoulder.

"Were even now." Yuri said. 

"Yuri, do you wanna walk. Let's get out. I want to breathe fresh air."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Yoona might think you're giving me information." 

"Huh? I thought you don't wanna handle criminal cases anymore?" 

"I thought you want to see me in court winning against Yoona?" 

"You'll get a criminal case?" Seohyun asked.

"Give me a case you're investigating on and I'll defend the accused." 

"Are you kidding me? What if the accused is really the criminal? You'll lose against Yoona. It's bad for your track record." Seohyun said.

"If I win your heart, does that count as winning against Yoona?" 

Seohyun was shocked at what Yuri said. That really caught her off guard.

"You already won." Seohyun blurted out. She forgets what Hyoyeon said about Yuri. Was she really a player? Does she win girls' hearts this way? These crossed Seohyun's mind but she ignores it. Seohyun trusted Yuri from the start. And if she wants to love, she wants to risk it all, to try and to simply love.

"Really?" Yuri said.

"Yeah, I like you more than Yoona. But..."

"But, what?" Yuri asked.

"Hyoyeon said, you're a player. That's why she didn't want to introduce me to you before."

"That's absurd. Hyoyeon knows how badly I wanted to meet you. I know you knew Hyoyeon before me that's why you trust her. But Seohyun, you've got to trust your heart this time." Yuri caressed Seohyun's hair and admired her innocent beauty.

Yuri drove off to get rid of their awkwardness. Seohyun glanced at Yuri as she drives. 
Oh her nose is so sharp from the side. She thought. The street lights that reflect on her face makes her tan skin glow. Oh those red lips. Oh why am I... 

"Is this your village?" Yuri said as she slowly drove and observed the surroundings.

Seohyun thanked Yuri that she spoke. She got too distracted admiring Yuri's features. 
"Didn't you fetch me earlier."

Yuri laughed and spoke, "That was in the afternoon, it got a little darker tonight." Yuri giggled cutely.

"Are you always happy?" Seohyun asked.

Yuri thought for a while, "Do you think lawyers are always happy? We absorb the problems of our clients."

"But I always see you smile."

"You make me smile." Yuri said as she placed her face on the steering wheel. She accidentally pressed it that the car honked so loud."

"Opps. Hihihi." Yuri said as she covered her face with her palms.

"Oh, wait." Yuri said as she got her phone from her pocket. "Can I... get your number?"

"Sure." Seohyun said as she input her number on Yuri's phone.

Yuri got it as she placed a heart next to Seohyun's name. Seohyun glanced at it and saw what Yuri did.

Yuri covered her phone from Seohyun.

"I already saw it." Seohyun said.

"What?"

"The heart."

"I'm busted."

"I'll get going." 

"Goodnight, Detective Seo. I had fun tonight. I hope I could see you again."

"Goodnight, Lawyer Kwon. I'll see you again." Seohyun said as she opened Yuri's car.

"WAIT!" Yuri shouted as she opened her door. She rushed to Seohyun's side to open it for her. 

"Yuri, you didn't have to."

"I want to treat you well. Trust me, what Hyoyeon said is not true. I really do like you, Seohyun, only you."  

Seohyun stared intently into Yuri's eyes and what she saw is sincerity. "I trust you." 

Yuri hugged Seohyun tightly, "Thanks."

"Why?"

"It's hard to trust people these days. Thank you for trusting me." 

Seohyun slowly let go and saw Yuri teary eyed.

"Are you crying?" 

"No." Yuri said as she wiped her tears.

"You trust me right?" Yuri asked Seohyun again.

"Yeah, I just said that."

"Be careful, of Yoona and Hyoyeon. Uhm, well they won't harm you but they'll really go all the way just to win cases, especially the high profile ones." 

"Yeah, actually I had a hunch about it. Are they harassing you? Tell me, I'm a police." Seohyun said as she held Yuri's cheek.

"No. They're just sketchy, something is fishy but it's not really so much of a big deal." Yuri said as she giggled. 

"Why?"

"This is ticklish" Yuri held Seohyun's hand that was on her cheek.

"Sorry" as Seohyun removed her hand and panicked with what she just did.

"You're such a cutie, Seohyun." 

"You too." 

They just stared into each other for quite sometime. It wasn't an awkward silence but a moment of serenity to just feel each other's presence.

"Consider it, Seohyun." Yuri said.

"About Yoona and Hyoyeon?"

Yuri scratched her head still smiling, "No, I mean... consider me, consider us." 

"Yeah, I'll call you." Seohyun said.

Yuri got her phone and missed called Seohyun. "So you'll call me or I'll call you?" Yuri asked.

"I'll call you." Seohyun said.

"Arraseo, think it through." Yuri said while nodding. 

Yuri tapped Seohyun's arm slightly before she went to her car.

She opened the car window to look at Seohyun.

Seohyun looked as Yuri prepared to drive. Seohyun waved her hand. Yuri smiled as she gave the finger heart gesture. Then, a "call me" gesture as she flirtily bit her lip.

Seohyun just giggled at Yuri. She watched as Yuri reached a few blocks where she could still see her before she entered her house.

Seohyun proceeded to her room as she replays her date with Yuri. She wonders what Yoona and Hyoyeon are up to. But she chose to ignore it and just remember how sweet Yuri was with her. Seohyun squeals on her pillow. Yuri's effect is still on her. She really had butterflies in her stomach. Her heart rate is so fast and she can't keep still. She hugs her pillow and think of Yuri's smiling face. She checked Yuri's miss call and added her number. She did the same thing as Yuri did, placing a heart next to her name.