The Coach’s Daughter (SeoRi)

Soshi One Shots

Synopsis:

Yuri is the team captain of their college basketball team. Seohyun is the daughter of their coach...

 

 

Yuri and her team are practicing for their upcoming game. During their break, someone catches Yuri’s attention.

 

“What are you looking at? That’s Coach Seo’s daughter.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Huh?” Yuri woke up from her trance. 

 

“Oh Yuri, just be careful if you hit on our Coach’s daughter.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“What is she doing here?” Yuri asked. It’s the first time she saw here at the gym.

 

“I don’t know. She’s top 1 in our batch and never goes anywhere. She’s 2 years younger than us but got accelerated.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“How do you know these things?” Yuri asked.

 

“Connections.” Hyoyeon winked.

 

“Is she in our Math class?” Yuri asked.

 

“You’ve been spotting her all along, oh Yuri.” Taeyeon said.

 

“She’s really in our Math class?” Yuri asked again.

 

“Yeah. She’s a microbiology major but we’re classmates with her in Math.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Kwon Yuri! Come here first.” Coach Seo said.

 

“It’s your chance, c’mon Yuri!” Taeyeon said and pushed her.

 

“This is Seohyun, my daughter.” Coach Seo said.

 

“Huh? Ah! Yes! Hi. I’m Yuri.” Yuri said and smiled.

 

“Hi.” She said timidly.

 

“When I’m gone, coaching for the professional team, Seohyun might relay some messages for me. I’m not that techie with gadgets, so she’ll message you through text or personally when she sees you in school.” Coach Seo said.

 

“Okay.” Yuri said.

 

Seohyun handed her phone and Yuri was perplexed.

 

Seohyun was staring at her for so long. Yuri realized what was going on and typed her phone number.

 

Seohyun left soon after. She hugged her Dad and said she was going to study.

 

Yuri went back to practicing and her team mates bugged her.

 

“What was that?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

Yuri explained what happened.

 

“That’s a starter. That’s almost how Tiffany and I started.” Taeyeon said.

 

“But it’s the Coach’s daughter were talking about here.” Hyoyeon said.

 

Days after, Yuri saw Seohyun at the cafeteria.

 

“Hi, Seohyun.” Yuri said.

 

“Hi.” Seohyun said and rushed away.

 

Yuri observed that she sat alone, and ate while reading her books. When she got her food, she sat in front of Seohyun. Seohyun looked up and just went back to reading and eating.

 

“I’ll go ahead.” Seohyun bowed.

 

Yuri saw Hyoyeon and Taeyeon laughing at her from the other table.

 

 

Yuri didn’t get a chance to talk to Seohyun again. She would see her at the cafeteria or the corridor. But she was afraid to approach the girl as Seohyun was a bit aloof. Yuri found Seohyun cute, different from the other girls who would run after her, the basketball school captain. 

 

One day, Yuri saw Seohyun going inside the Student Council Office. She found this as another chance to talk to her.

 

Seohyun, was chatting with Yoona when Yuri went inside. 

 

“We’re having a meeting.” Yoona said.

 

“What is it?” Seohyun asked. 

 

“I was wondering when the varsity would get our jacket. There’s is ceremony coming up with the Principal.” Yuri said.

 

“Oh! That! Thanks for reminding. I was preoccupied with homework that I forgot to follow up the order. I’ll contact you as soon as possible.” Seohyun said.

 

“Alright, thanks.” Yuri said

 

Yuri was smiling as she exited the room. That was the longest she’s hear Seohyun speak. Her voice was so gentle and well-mannered. She wants to hear it again. 

 

Days had passed until she met Seohyun again, unexpectedly. 

 

“Kwon!” Seohyun called. She saw Yuri from afar wearing her jersey with “Kwon” at the back. Yuri didn’t hear her though. Seohyun ran and followed Yuri until she reached the gym changing room.

 

Yuri opened her locker and Seohyun can only see Yuri’s legs.

 

“Yuri!” Seohyun said as she was catching her breath.

 

Yuri looked and worried as Seohyun was holding her chest.

 

“Are you okay?” Yuri said. 

 

Seohyun looks at Yuri, surprised to see the latter wearing only a sports bra. Seohyun attempted to run but she can’t as she already ran earlier.

 

Yuri realized the situation. But didn’t bother looking for a shirt as she was worried about Seohyun.

 

Seohyun sat on a bench and Yuri knelt in front of her and placed her hands on Seohyun’s lap. Yuri offered Seohyun water and she drank a lot. 

 

“Thanks.” Seohyun said. She was stunned to see Yuri’s face this close not to mention her cleavage on full view.

 

Seohyun swallowed and Yuri found this cute. Yuri grabbed a towel and wiped Seohyun’s face. Seohyun froze and met Yuri’s eyes for a moment. 

 

“Ahem” Yuri pretended to cough.

“Why are you so sweaty? Did you play basketball?” Yuri laughs.

 

“Yah! I was calling you when you were walking but you didn’t hear me.” Seohyun said.

 

Yuri looked shocked and sorry. “Sorry, I had my AirPods on.” 

 

“Ah! I see. Appa told me he won’t be coming today. Ah you know my Dad forgets his phone sometimes. Good thing I came from home to school.”

 

“Oh. Thanks for telling me. I’ll tell my teammates.” Yuri said.

 

“I’ll go then.” Seohyun said.

 

“Wait!” Yuri said.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Do you have class?” Yuri asked.

 

“Nope. I just submitted a paper. If I had class, I won’t waste time coming here.” Seohyun said.

 

Soon, Hyoyeon approached them. “What’s going on here?” 

 

“Nothing!” Yuri said and walked away.

 

Seohyun soon left and Hyoyeon went to Yuri.

 

“I was supposed to ask her out until you came!” Yuri said.

 

“Sorry... I didn’t know, Buddy. But you have to be careful. Your fan girls might go after her.” Hyoyeon said.

 

Yuri can still spot Seohyun and ran towards her. “Seohyun!” Yuri said after running and catching her breath.

 

Seohyun turned around and was worried upon seeing Yuri. “Are you alright?”

 

“Yeah” Yuri smiles. “I’ll just walk you home.”

 

Seohyun was about to protest but Yuri quickly said, “I have something to tell your Dad.”

 

Seohyun noticed that Yuri’s just wearing a sports bra and sweat pants. “Don’t you have a jacket or something.”

 

“Ah! Sorry, I was in a rush.” Yuri got a jacket from her bag and wore it.”

 

“You have to be careful next time, there’s a lot of erted maniacs out there.” Seohyun said.

 

Yuri’s heart warmed at that. “Yes, Ma’am.” She replied.

 

Soon after they reached Seohyun’s house. “I’ll call Dad.” Seohyun said as she went upstairs.

 

Coach Seo soon rushed downstairs. “Oh, Yuri. I’m sorry. I had to cancel today’s practice. Seohyun told me it’s your exams and forced me that you guys should prioritize those first.”

 

“Really, she said that?” Yuri said smiling.

 

“Yeah, she told me that academics is more important since you have a grade to maintain to stay in the varsity. She was like an advocate or something. You know she’s a member of the Student Council and all.” Coach Seo said. “Oh, Seohyun said you have something to tell me.”

 

“Oh... that, uhm...ah Coach, I could tell anything to you right?” Yuri said.

 

“Oh! Of course yes!” 

 

“I’m... uh... I think I’m in love... how should I prevent it? Of course I’ll be distracted from the game and all.” Yuri said.

 

“Why should you prevent it? Use that as an inspiration to win the game. Wait who is it, is it the captain of the baseball team?” Seohyun’s Dad asked.

 

“Uhm... no, it’s your Daughter, Coach.” Yuri said shyly.

 

Coach Seo was shocked at first. Yuri was worried until he laughed out loud. 

 

“Hahahaha” He said as he tapped Yuri’s shoulder. “Good luck with that. I don’t think romance is in her vocabulary.”

 

“Wait, you’re not mad. I can pursue her?” Yuri said in awe.

 

“Why not? But I guess I can’t Coach you with that. Good luck.” 

 

“Thank you, Coach!” Yuri hugged Coach Seo. “I think I should go now.” Yuri said.

 

“Aren’t you going upstairs?” Seohyun’s Dad asked.

 

“Huh? Why?” Yuri asked.

 

“Silly! You should at least say goodbye to her. She always studies. Her life is so boring. Hahaha” Seohyun’s Dad said.

 

Yuri went upstairs and knocked on the door.

 

“Come in!” A soft voice spoke.

 

Yuri peeked and Seohyun opened the door. “Oh! Hi...”

 

“I just came to say goodbye. Thanks for accompanying me here to talk to your, Dad.” Yuri said.

 

“Oh... sure.”

 

Yuri smiled and was about to leave. 

 

“Wait!” Seohyun said. She rushed to get something from a box. She gave Yuri a transparent plastic.

 

“Here’s your jacket. I’ll send the rest tomorrow for your team mates.”

 

“Kyaah! They’re so nice! Thanks!” Yuri said.

 

“No problem, you’re welcome.” Seohyun said.

 

“Bye!” 

 

“Bye~”

 

As Yuri was about to leave again, Seohyun calls her.

 

“Wait!”

 

“Yes?” Yuri smiles.

 

“Do you want to study together? I read this article that you should change your learning styles to absorb information. I’ve been studying alone, I thought that I could get a different perspective if I study with another person.” Seohyun said.

 

“Sure! I don’t have all of my stuff, though.” Yuri replied.

 

“Don’t worry, I have all my notes in my room.” Seohyun smiles. “How about we start with answering problems then we compare?”

 

“Sure!”

 

They start and Seohyun thought a little and starts solving. Seohyun notice that Yuri didn’t even start. “Are you okay, do you need help?”

 

Yuri pouts, “How do you even start with this?”

 

Seohyun smiles and teaches her. “You get it now? How about try this problem and see if you can do it on your own.”

 

Yuri starts solving and Seohyun stares at her. 

Yuri shows Seohyun what she did. 

 

“Oh! It’s correct! You get it now, how come you didn’t get it at first?”

 

“Our Prof. discussed it so fast. You’re a better teacher.” Yuri said.

 

“I want to be a teacher someday.” Seohyun smiles.

 

“You’ll be a very cute teacher!” Yuri said.

 

Seohyun blushed with that and avoided Yuri’s stare.

 

“How can I repay you?” Yuri said.

 

“For what?” Seohyun asked.

 

“For teaching me.”

 

“No problem. I read that teaching something to another helps with memory retention. You also helped me review, you know.” Seohyun said.

 

Someone knocked on their door. And it’s Coach Seo.

 

“Oh, Yuri you’re still there. I wondered why you didn’t return downstairs.”

 

“Dad, I invited Yuri to stay and study together.” Seohyun said.

 

“Oh, nice, I hope you try to be patient with each other.” He said and left.

 

“I guess, I’m taking so long. You still have to rest. I’ll get going now.” Yuri said.

 

“Yuri, if you have any questions, you can ask me anytime.” Seohyun said.

 

“Sure!” Yuri said. “Bye, see you in school.”

 

The next day, Seohyun was still eating alone. Yoona and Sooyoung from the Student Council joined her afterwards. 

 

Yuri is with Hyoyeon and Taeyeon. She notices Seohyun with others at the other table.

 

“What are you looking at?” Taeyeon said. 

 

“Duh, her love of her life.” Hyoyeon teases.

 

Seohyun sees Yuri looking at her. She smiles a little and  she stood up from her chair.

 

“She’s going to us!” Hyoyeon laughs.

 

Seohyun approached them. “Hi guys, the varsity jacket is at the Student Council Office. You can claim it there anytime within the day.” Seohyun said it so formally.

 

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon nodded. 

 

Seohyun looked at Yuri and left.

 

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon pushed Yuri.

 

“Ouch!” Yuri said.

 

“Did you see her just staring at you?” Taeyeon said.

 

“She seems that she likes you too, Yuri. She’s just shy to make a move.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Well, she did make a move. She doesn’t approach people like that.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Oh, she just made the varsity jackets as an excuse but she just wants to see Yuri!” Hyoyeon said as if what she said is a brilliant realization.

 

“Do you guys think, I really have a chance on her?” Yuri said.

 

“Of course!” Taeyeon said and Hyoyeon wiggles her eyebrows.

 

Yuri and Seohyun are classmates in Math class.

 

After class, Yuri spots Seohyun having a hard time carrying her books. 

 

“I’ll help you with those.” Yuri said.

 

“Oh, Yuri, you don’t have to.” Seohyun said.

 

“We don’t have basketball practice, I can take you home.” Yuri said.

 

“You don’t have to. It will make us look like a couple.” Seohyun said.

 

“So? Why not” Yuri uttered senselessly.

 

Seohyun looked around the classroom and all of their classmates already left.

 

“Your friends already left.” Seohyun said.

 

“It’s okay, I ate with them during lunch. I want to be with you now.” Yuri said.

 

Seohyun gulped and looked at her and pretended to fix her things. “Why?”  

 

Yuri held Seohyun’s hand which stopped the later from fixing her things. “I like you.”

 

Seohyun started at Yuri, she didn’t know what to do. 

 

“I’m not used to a person being around me... and I don’t like people having assumptions about us, I’m the Student Council President and your the Basketball Team captain, the students look up to us...” Seohyun said.

 

“So?” Yuri said.

 

“We have to concentrate on our duties. You, with your team and me with the Student body. And we even have our studies on top of that.” Seohyun said.

 

“Yes we have those things... but do you like me too?” Yuri asked. 

 

Seohyun stared at Yuri and exhaled loudly. 

 

Yuri smiled at Seohyun. She’s so cute. 

 

Seohyun stared at Yuri who’s smiling at her. She looked at her hand holding hers. She can’t explain the feeling but she likes it. 

 

Seohyun squeezed Yuri’s hand and smiled. “When I’m stressed with school, can we just stay like this?” Seohyun said.

 

“Of course.” Yuri said. 

 

“Then, I accept your proposal.” Seohyun said. 

 

“What?” Yuri said.

 

“You’re cute, but you’re so slow.” Seohyun said.

 

“You’re cute, but you’re so mean!” Yuri replied.

 

Seohyun fixed her books and brought it to Yuri’s chest. “Bring this home with me.”

 

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon spotted Yuri carrying books with Seohyun.

 

“I think she might be a nerd at this point.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Yeah. Yuri’s bubbly and but when she’s into something, she’ll be all out for it.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Can you read all these during the weekend?” Yuri asked.

 

“Yeah, but I don’t read from cover to cover though, just the topics for the week.” Seohyun said.

 

They reached Seohyun’s house and was standing awkwardly outside. 

 

“Come in” Seohyun said. “Do you want something to eat?” 

 

“No, it’s okay. I won’t disturb you and your family.” Yuri said shyly.

 

Seohyun found Yuri’s shy side, cute. Seohyun kissed Yuri’s cheek. “Good night then. I’ll see you in school on Monday.”

 

“Yeah~” Yuri said. “Good night.” Yuri kissed Seohyun’s cheek too and ran outside quickly. 

 

Seohyun laughed and texted Yuri. “Hey, don’t run. Be careful going home.”

 

Yuri texted back, “Yes, Baby.”

 

 

First day of the week, Yuri arrives at the classroom. She receives a text message from Seohyun. “I’m at the library, Yul~”

 

Yuri rushes outside the classroom and heads to the library. She can’t find Seohyun right away. She checks the individual study carrels and spots Seohyun.

 

“Hey!”

 

“Hey! Have you done your homework?” Seohyun asks.

 

“Yeah.” Yuri answers.

 

“Do you want me to check?” 

 

“Sure.”

 

Yuri stares at Seohyun. Her serious reactions are so attractive for her. “You’re so hot” Yuri users unconsciously.

 

“Sorry.” Yuri scratches her head.

 

Seohyun quickly kisses Yuri on her cheek. “Cutie”

 

“You got this one item wrong, here’s how to do it.” 

 

“Thank you! I’ll leave it that way, so you’ll still get the highest in class.” Yuri said.

 

“You’re so honest.” Seohyun replies. “I liked this guy in High School. He asked me to do his homework. I dumped him when I heard him telling his friends that I don’t excite him and that I was boring.”

 

Yuri stared at Seohyun seriously.

 

Seohyun laughed. “Why are you looking at me like that? I know you’re not like him. So... thank you...”

 

“You excite me so much.” Yuri wanted to say. Yuri thought of making out with Seohyun at the library. But she feels guilty of having such thoughts and she hugged Seohyun tightly instead.

 

“Can we meet like this everyday? I usually stay at the library. Our classmates will just ask me to do their homeworks. I mean, it’s okay if I teach them but they want me to do their homeworks.” Seohyun said.

 

Yuri stared at Seohyun. “Sure. Is this our ‘secret place’?”

 

Seohyun nodded.

 

The bell rings and they walk hand in hand to the class room.

 

Seohyun’s first class is her major and Yuri brought her to her classroom.

 

“You didn’t have to bring me here. You might be late for  your class.” Seohyun said.

 

“I just want to spend more time with you.” Yuri said. 

 

Seohyun giggles. “But I’ll see you during Math.” 

 

“Still...” Yuri mumbles.

 

Yuri gets interrupted when students walking gossip about them. She hears them saying, “Are they together?, “Are they a couple?”

 

“People are wondering why you’re in the School of Medicine Building.” Seohyun laughs.

 

“Can’t I sit-in your class?” Yuri asks.

 

“What? Our Prof. would probably be happy to have our star player around. But I’m afraid, I wouldn’t be able to concentrate in class.” Seohyun said.

 

Yuri smiles. “I’ll see you later then.” Seohyun smiles and enters the classroom.

 

Yuri goes to her Advanced Physical Education class and her friends are already laughing.

 

“Happy parading your relationship?” Hyoyeon asks.

 

“What?”

 

Taeyeon shows Yuri and Seohyun’s picture holding hands posted on the University’s Freedom Wall on Facebook.

 

Taeyeon reads the comments, “They’re so cute together.” “I like Yuri but I’m nothing compared to Seohyun.” “Our school’s power couple.”

 

Yuri giggles. “I never thought this would blow up. But I’m happy my suitors and stalkers will now go away.”

 

 

A week later, Yuri is with Hyoyeon and Taeyeon. They see Seohyun going out of the classroom. Hyoyeon pushed Yuri.

 

“Aw!”

 

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon leaves Yuri alone with Seohyun.

 

“It’s a Friday today.” Yuri said.

 

“I know.” Seohyun giggles.

 

“What kind of dates do you like?” Yuri asks.

 

“We’re still students. We shouldn’t spend so much. I’m happy as long as I’m with you.” Seohyun smiles.

 

“You’re so sweet, Seohyun-nah.” 

 

“I’m surprised with myself too. I never said such sweet things before.” Seohyun replied.

 

“I have some stuff to do over the weekend.” Seohyun said.

 

“I also have to practice.” Yuri said. “How about we meet tomorrow at the park? I’ll practice basketball and you can watch on the side while you read. Game?” Yuri said.

 

“Alright. I’ll have some good view to see while reading.” Seohyun said.

 

“Good view? Me or nature?” Yuri asks.

 

“Both.” Seohyun giggles.

 

 

 

The next day, Yuri fetches Seohyun at her house.

 

They’re walking side to side. No words. It wasn’t awkward, just silent. Yuri brushed her hand with Seohyun’s. Yuri stared at Seohyun and she looked back. Seohyun smiled a little. Yuri took this chance to intertwine her fingers with Seohyun.

 

They reached the court and sat on the bench. Yuri fixed her things and Seohyun opened her book. 

 

“I’ll practice for at least 2 hours.” Yuri said. “Then we could have lunch.”

 

Seohyun just nodded. 

 

“Aren’t you going to tell me something?” Yuri asked.

 

“Huh? Don’t mind me. I’ll wait for you as I read here.” Seohyun said.

 

Yuri gave Seohyun a peck on the lips and rushed to the court. 

 

Seohyun was caught off guard. That was their first kiss and Yuri didn’t even give a hint she was going to kiss her.

 

Seohyun tried to read her book but she can’t concentrate. She watches Yuri practicing. This can’t be. It’s unfair, how can Yuri do something else when she wasn’t even over their kiss.

 

She ran to the court and hugged Yuri from behind.

“Seo? Are you okay?” Yuri turned around towards Seohyun to face her.

 

Seohyun wrapped her arms around Yuri’s neck and kissed her. Seohyun kissed so passionately, as she led the kiss. Yuri was quite surprised this time. As they ran out of breath, they pressed their foreheads together. Yuri smiled slightly. “What’s gotten into you?”

 

“You kissed me first... so fast.... you left me... hanging.” Seohyun said.

 

“Hahaha sorry... wow... I never knew you could kiss... I mean I know you have that in you... I just.... I wasn’t expecting it now.” Yuri said.

 

“Only you, could bring that passion out of me. I love you, Yuri.” Seohyun said.

 

Yuri has tears in her eyes. The girl she had a crush on for so long, in fact loves her. “I love you too, Seohyun-nah”

 

Seohyun wiped Yuri’s tears and also her sweat from playing basketball. “You’re so cute... and hot.”

 

“I know.” Yuri joked. Seohyun slightly pushed Yuri.

 

“How about we just ditch practicing and studying today?” Yuri giggles.

 

“Oh, Yuri~”