Rivals

Soshi One Shots

Yuri is the star actress of SBC Entertainment. She starred in hit dramas one after the other. She had garnered thousands of audience for her fan meetings. Girls and boys adore her like a precious princess. Until, this year, MBS Entertainment had a big hit with Seohyun's weekend drama. Moms and grandmas love her. Seohyun is two years younger than Yuri and had been in the industry in a while but Yuri hit big first. Even though Yuri debuted 2 years earlier than Seohyun, Seohyun caught up with her popularity that they were considered as rivals as the top actresses in South Korea.

Wanting to take advantage of their popularity, KBC Entertainment produces a drama with Yuri and Seohyun as long lost non-identical twins. The drama has a plot of a typical makjang drama.

Filming comes and the director introduces the two to each other. They shake hands but Yuri has an intimidating expression that Seohyun was terrified of. 

The drama does well for its first few episodes, though the comparison between Yuri and Seohyun was always there. Being from different companies, their respective staff have petty fights behind the scenes. 

One day, Seohyun approaches Yuri sitting on her director chair during the break of filming.

"Yuri unnie?" Seohyun says.

Yuri looks up, wearing that conceited expression of hers.

"I think we should practice this part." Seohyun points at the script. "You see, we find out that we are sisters, so we should change our acting a bit, having that affection for each other from being completely strangers." 

Yuri stares at Seohyun. She admires how passionate she is in acting and even approaching her, as a junior. 

A staff member of Yuri suddenly approach them. "Seohyun-nah, what are you doing here? You should stay in your own waiting room."

"Stop." Yuri said. I think you should be the one to leave because we will practice our lines." Yuri said to her staff. 

When the staff leaves, Yuri stares at Seohyun. "Sorry about that. Should we practice?"

Seohyun nods timidly yet proceeds delivering her line. 

After a while they continue practicing. "I don't think this is working." Yuri said.

"Huh?" Seohyun said.

Yuri smiles. This is the first time Seohyun actually saw Yuri smile to her like that. 

Yuri holds Seohyun's hand and drags her out of the dressing room.

"Yah! Unnie, where are we going?" Seohyun said.

"I really want to eat something yummy." Yuri said.

"Then you could've called for delivery. We can't just leave the filming site like that." Seohyun said.

"It won't take long." Yuri said winking.

Gosh, she's killing me with that. Seohyun thought.

"Fine." Seohyun said.

Yuri goes to the parking lot leading Seohyun to her sports car. Yuri stares at Seohyun sitting on the passenger seat. 

Yuri takes them to a Korean restaurant. Yuri seems to know the receptionist and leads them to a private dining room. Yuri orders samgyupsal. "What would you want?"

"That would be fine with a lot of side dishes." Seohyun said.

When the waitress leaves, "That's it!" Yuri said.

"Huh?" Seohyun asked.

"You're getting comfortable with me." Yuri said.

"Excuse me?" Seohyun said.

"The way you just acted. That's the way you should act when you asked me earlier how to act that scene!" Yuri said.

"Really? That's it?" Seohyun said.

"Hmm~" Yuri affirms with a hum.

Their order arrives and they enjoy their food.

Yuri offers Seohyun a wrap, with Yuri's hand slightly touching Seohyun's chin as she takes the lettuce wrap.

"I should be offering you Yuri-sunbae."

"Stop with that formal language, Seohyun." Yuri laughs.

"Are you serious?" Seohyun asks.

"Yeah, I'm not that old you know." 

"Okay." Seohyun shows her eye smile. 

Her double eye lids and cheeks are cute. Yuri thought.

"Do you have a boyfirend?" Yuri asked.

Seohyun almost choked with the question.

"Why? Is that too private?" Yuri asked.

"No. It's just surprising. I don't have a boyfriend. Career first."

"You're really upright huh? You follow schedules. You didn't want to escape the filming. And you don't have a boyfriend to prioritize your career." Yuri said.

After their lunch, Yuri and Seohyun goes back to their filming site. The director scolds them for disappearing suddenly.

"It's my fault." Yuri said. "Seohyun needed some acting exercise to get to know me. It's for the scene."

The Directors lets it off as they continue filming.

There were lines that they got wrong. Yuri goes goofy on set and jokes after each "cut" Seohyun is surprised with this side of Yuri. She seemed cold at the start, but now she realizes that Yuri has a warm side after all. 

Their filming went on and every time the staff would set up the set, Yuri and Seohyun would rehearse their lines on set. They filmed five times a week and had the weekends for their off.
 
One Saturday noon, Yuri texts Seohyun that she is outside Seohyun's house. Seohyun rushes outside as it might me urgent that Yuri is at her house. Seohyun notices that Yuri's arms are at her back.

Seohyun drags Yuri's arms to her house and closes the door. Along the way, Seohyun accidentally pulled Yuri too much that what Yuri was holding fell. It was a bouquet of flowers.

Yuri smiled sheepishly. And picked it up.
Yuri shyly hands the flowers to Seohyun. "I like you.", Yuri said.

Yuri suddenly had the courage to stare into Seohyun's eyes and search for her answer.

"Yuri, we can just work without competition. We can ignore the media who's letting us fight with this so called rivalry." Seohyun said.

Yuri tries to compose her answer in her mind before she speaks. But, she can't find the words. Seohyun might still not get what her real intentions are.

Yuri suddenly leans forward and kisses Seohyun on her lips. They stay still. Neither girl moves. 

Yuri pulls back after a while, showing a slight smirk.

Seohyun seems mad with her expression.

Seohyun slaps Yuri.

"Aw!" Yuri said.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry. Are you okay?" Seohyun holds Yuri's shoulders and checks up on her.

"I'm not okay." Yuri said. "You make my heart go crazy. I don't care about our rivalry. I don't care if people will like you more than they like me. It's because I understand why they like you. I love you, Seohyun."

Seohyun seems worried, conflicted and confused.

"Uhm..." Seohyun utters.

Yuri pouts, with her puppy-like expression.

Seohyun notices it and smiles.

"What's funny? I get it, it's funny right?" Yuri said.

"No... actually... you're kinda cute." Seohyun said.

"So...?" 

"I'll think about it..." 

"Okay, uhm, I'll get going then." Yuri said.

"Wait." Seohyun said grabbing Yuri's wrist.

Yuri gave her a cue questioning look.

"I'll see you on Monday." Seohyun said without letting go of Yuri's wrist.

"See you." Yuri said. They stay like that for a while staring at each other.

Yuri laughs noticing how Seohyun is still holding her wrist. Yuri holds Seohyun's arm that is touching hers.

Seohyun notices and lets go of her arms. 

"You're attracted to me." Yuri said.

"Huh? Who says?" Seohyun said.

"You're action does. Action speaks louder than words you know." Yuri answered.

"Whatever." Seohyun pushes Yuri towards the door. She notices that there are noise outside.

Seohyun peeks through her digital peep hole and notices the leaders of her fan club.

"Who... are..." Yuri said.

"My fans." Seohyun said.

"Your fans visit you at home?" Yuri asked.

"Well, they're the officers of the fan club. They actually wanted to meet me today about online comments." 

"So, I gotta leave now." Yuri was about to open the door when Seohyun touched her arms again."

"They can't see you." Seohyun said.

"Huh? So what if they see me?" Yuri asked.

"They're mad at you. We're rivals, remember?" Seohyun asked.

Yuri looks around Seohyun's place. She decides to hide inside the cabinet.

"Can you breathe in there?" Seohyun asks.

"Yeah! There are tiny wholes here." Yuri said.

"Okay." Seohyun said as she opens the door for her fans.

They talk about Yuri's fans who are leaving hate comments on Seohyun.

There was a thump from the cabinet. 

"What was that, one fan asked?"

"Oh, I guess I have too many clothes. I'm thinking about an auction."

"Oh, unnie? Can I see your clothes?" Another fan said.

"Well, my closet is embarrassing. I mean, I haven't folded some of the clothes." Seohyun said.

"So about those comments?" Seohyun asked.

The fan reads the hateful comments and Yuri can't help but get mad, knowing that it was her fans who did this.

"I'll talk to Yuri about it when I see her." Seohyun said.

"Unnie, last time you told us, she was unapproachable and all."

Seohyun laughs. "I guess I was wrong. She's just cocky yet she's cute and funny." 

"Why are you blushing, Unnie?"

"Am I?" Seohyun is flustered.

"Unnie, you like Yuri Unnie?" 

"Huh?" Seohyun asked.

"Yah! What made you think about that?" Another fan says.

"Seohyun Unnie never dated anyone despite being paired with handsome actors. And it's the first time I heard her saying someone is cute." 

"What if I actually like her?" Seohyun asked.

"Unnie, we would support you with whoever you like. You said you were wrong with what you thought of her. I guess she is nice after all."

"She is." Seohyun smiles.

"I think we better get going. You need some rest and even memorize your lines"

After they left, Seohyun checked how a Yuri was doing as she opened the cabinet.

"Gosh I wanted to get out and tell them I would talk to my fans and stop that." Yuri said.

"Uh, glad they didn't find out you're here. Or else... they'll have the wrong idea." Seohyun said. 

"What wrong idea?" Yuri teased. 

"Ugh, you know it. I don't have to spell it out." Seohyun said.

"They approve of me, anyway so what's wrong?" Yuri asked.

"They'll get shocked. Besides, we're not even dating yet." Seohyun answered.

"'Yet' Does that mean we'll date later on?" Yuri asked.

"Have you always been this annoying? You keep asking the obvious." Seohyun said.

"So that means..." Yuri smiles and goes closer to Seohyun. 

Seohyun slightly pushes Yuri away. "I told you, I'll think about it. You're my senior and our fans fight over each other. Everything's been overwhelming for me. I thought you were rude, but you're not. I thought you hated me, but you even like me in a way I never expected. I need to organize my thought and think about everything first."

Yuri laughs.

"Why" Seohyun asked with her brows raised.

"You're overthinking about it. It's not that complicated." Yuri said.

"But this is so new to me." Seohyun said.

"I'll help you with that. I'll help you with everything." Yuri's smile softens as she tucks Seohyun's hair behind her ear."

Yuri smiles and says, "I'll see you on Monday then. I'll give you time to think." 

 


A/N: I suddenly got this idea and I didn't know how to make it longer, so I'll keep the ending like that for now. Hope you liked it!