Guilty of Loving You (Part 1)

Soshi One Shots

Photo by: https://twitter.com/collectionsnsd9/status/862527355197247488

 

 

 

Seohyun wondered why Hyoyeon wanted her to meet her in a bar. Seohyun just needed the cases she asked for Hyoyeon. 

Seohyun sat awkwardly in a bar. A girl glanced at her and smiled warmly. Seohyun unconsciously smiled back. She isn't the type to entertain strangers but there was something in that woman that looked friendly and trustworthy.

"So... uhm... are you waiting for Hyoyeon?" The woman said.

"Huh?" Seohyun said. She didn't want to say "Yes" as she didn't know this woman.

"I'm Yuri, Kwon Yuri."

Seohyun thought for a while. That name sounds familiar. 

"Oh... yeah right. You're the friend Hyoyeon talked about sometimes." Seohyun said as she recalls how Hyoyeon talked about how charming this Yuri girl is. Dangerous, as she described as she could get any girl's heart, whether straight or gay. 

"You're so much prettier in person." Yuri blurted out. 

"What?" Seohyun asked.

"Uhm, well I've seen pictures of you with Hyoyeon on social media. And you looked cute." Yuri said with her oh-so-charming one sided smile, that seems as if she's almost smirking.

"Really?" Seohyun blurted out though she wasn't really intending to say it out loud. Who cares if this beautiful stranger even finds her pretty and cute.

"Uh-huh and I've always wanted to meet you yet Hyoyeon always says, no."

"Huh? Why not? I've met a couple of Hyoyeon's friends." Seohyun said.

"Hmm... she says that I'm too dangerous for you." Yuri said.

Seohyun ended up laughing. "Well that's what Hyoyeon said. You're dangerous." 

"What? She said that? Hyoyeon's even more dangerous than I am. She's a secret profiler working for the police. Her parents doesn't even know her real job." 

Seohyun wonders what Yuri does for a living that she's friends with Hyoyeon. But Hyoyeon insists that Yuri is dangerous. She seems trustworthy though. Or maybe that's her charm, she seems nice but just draws you in but in the end, she isn't what you've thought she is.

"So... what are you doing here? Are you getting something from Hyoyeon too?" Seohyun asked. 

"Nah... I have my own staff to get evidences for me. I'd just like to see her, she was my college buddy." Yuri replied. 

"Oh... I see." Seohyun asked. That smile is tantalizing. Seohyun thought. 

Seohyun wanted to ask what Yuri does for a living that she needed evidences but she wanted to be courteous and ended up asking a different question. 
"So... was Hyoyeon always a party goer?" Seohyun asked.

"Oh yeah, she was the life of every batch parties. I would dance a little with her, but I leave early. I was quite the studious type, you know." Yuri said, as she pondered on those memories.

"Oh, well actually, Hyoyeon's still fond of clubs now and I'd dance too. But I'll leave early because I kinda get awkward at parties. I'm the type who liked to spend time in quiet places." Seohyun said.

"Oh, really? I wonder why Hyoyeon didn't want to let me meet you. I mean... she introduced some of her friends with you but not me." Yuri sadly replied with a frown.

"Yeah, right. Actually, I met Yoona recently." Seohyun said.

"Yoona?" Yuri said in a tone with a sense of panic.

"Huh? Why?" Seohyun asked.

"If Hyoyeon's gonna let you meet her, why wouldn't she let you meet me?" Yuri asked.

"Well, now we've crossed paths." Seohyun said as she unconsciously tucked her hair behind her ear.

"So... how's Yoona?" Yuri asked curiously.

Seohyun replied honestly, "You know what? Hyoyeon actually set us up on dates. Cause she's seen I've been single for so long and she introduced me to Yoona who's so kind and upright... but..."

"But what?" Yuri asked.

"I'm not really fond of blind dates. It kinda feels like it's forced that we have to like each other. Yoona's kind and all but I just don't feel that I want to be her girlfriend and it's quite a burden to tell Hyoyeon cause she set us up. I don't wanna disappoint her." Seohyun said, surprised with how she opened up to Yuri.

"Well, you'll find someone else that will make your heart thump." Yuri replied.

Seohyun feels her heart beat at that moment. Wait, it can't be Yuri. She clears her mind at the thought and drank the glass of water in front of her. She panics as it's actually vodka and not water. 

Yuri laughs at Seohyun and gestures to move towards her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I thought it's water."

"You should be careful of what you're drinking. Someone might put a drug or something. Good thing I'm here." Yuri said.

"Eh?" Seohyun wondered.

"Hyoyeon knows that bartender. He wouldn't put something. Besides, I was here. I didn't see anyone doing that." Yuri said as she intently looked at Seohyun.

"Uhm... thanks..." 

"Hyoyeon must've bad mouthed me to you. You don't seem to trust me." Yuri said, with a slight disappointment in her tone.

"I trust you. Hyoyeon wouldn't be your friend if you're not trustworthy." Seohyun said.

"Yeah"

"Oh... look who we have here having fun talking to each other." A blonde bubbly girl approached the two ladies at the bar.

"Oh, Hyo!" Yuri said.

"You've finally met, your dear Seohyun." Hyoyeon said.

Yuri gave Hyoyeon that shut-your-mouth death glare. 

"I'm leaving. Bye." Yuri glanced at Seohyun and bowed before leaving hurriedly to the exit.

"What was that?" Seohyun wondered.

"Yuri got a crush on you." Hyoyeon said as she winked.

"What?" 

"She saw your pictures on social media with me. She thought you were pretty and cute. I told stories about how smart you are and always gets awards and even getting promoted above the older detectives. She wanted me to set up a date with you. But I didn't want to."
Hyoyeon said.

"Why not?" Seohyun asked.

"Why, do you like her now, huh?" Hyoyeon asked.

"What? No! Yah! I asked you first. What's so dangerous about her?"

"She's a player. And she's a lawyer. You wouldn't want to mess up your job just because of her. What if you fell in love with her and she broke your heart. You'll be heartbroken and you'll lose your job." Hyoyeon said matter-of-factly.

"Wait! Why are you judging her right away? And why are you concluding things right away? Maybe you're the bad one cause she's your friend and you're bad mouthing her to me." Seohyun said angrily. 

"You really do like her now." Hyoyeon said.

"So... that's why she kind of disliked Yoona." Seohyun said.

Hyoyeon replied, "I was classmates with Yuri in college. And when Yuri studied Law, she competed with Yoona. Yoona was the valedictorian of their batch but Yuri ranked higher in the bar exams. The prosecution office hired Yoona and Yuri was hired by a famous law firm. So they were still rivals in court. Yuri won a lot of cases and after that she quit criminal cases so she's just into civil practice that makes her life less complicated with all that rival with Yoona."

Seohyun was in awe. She imagined how terrible Yuri felt when Yoona was top of their class so Yuri battled it out and beat Yoona in several things later on. Seohyun started to admire Yuri for her determination.
"Oh... so finally Yuri won against Yoona in the end." Seohyun said.

"No. Now, they're battling it out for the girl they like." Hyoyeon said.

"WHAT? Why the heck did you set me up with Yoona when Yuri's your college friend."

"We give the evidences that Yoona will use in court. And you think I would choose friendship over my career? But I still feel guilty about it so sometimes I would do what Yuri would ask me to do." Hyoyeon said.

"Then set me up with her." Seohyun said.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: 
Inspired by Yuri's role as a lawyer in "Innocent Defendant" Seohyun's role as a detective in "The Good Thief"
Hyoyeon's role is inspired by Choi Kang Hee's role in "Mystery Queen" 
With Yoona, it just came randomly. Cause there are a lot of YoonHyun shippers shifting to YulSeo these days and coincidentally, Ji Chang Wook, who acted with Yoona in "The K2", is now a prosecutor in "Suspicious Partner" but I haven't watched that yet.