First Times

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jung Yong Hwa

Hyun and I talked the whole way from Seoul to Jeju Island, like we were old friends who were catching up with each other, much to the annoyance of Mr. Uptight, Cho Kyu Hyun, behind us. He would interrupt our conversation every chance he gets; offering water, asking Hyun for the time, and even outright telling her to sleep, which earned him another scolding from the grandmother beside him.

 

“Yah! Let the newlyweds have their lovey-dovey time! Especially while their baby is asleep! They probably miss the time when it’s just the two of them..”, she said, which made Hyun and I turn a shade of red. We shook our heads, trying to protest, but we couldn’t get a word in edgewise.

 

“And it’s bad enough that YOU have to tag along on their 2nd honeymoon! Let your daughter go, she’s happily married to a handsome man! They even have a beautiful daughter together! She’s not your princess anymore, you know..”, continued the grandmother without missing a beat. Mr. Uptight swallowed whatever it was he was about to say to the grandmother at the mention of the word ‘princess’, while Hyun had a kind of sadness in her eyes despite her smile. I held back my laughter and stayed quiet.    

 

We arrived at Jeju Island just a few minutes past 11pm. I was again separated from my Manager and the WGM crew going to our hotel.

 

At the BACK of the van, I was confused when the 3 of them: Hyun, Mr. Uptight, and Jung Shin, started putting on seatbelts. I did too after noticing Hyun gesturing for me to put it on, which was a first for me. Jung Shin whispered to me that Hyun made them put on seatbelts since the first day they met and it just became a habit after 5 years of being nagged to do it over and over again.

 

Yaaa.. This girl will never cease to amaze me..

 

On our way to our hotel accommodations, I had Cherisse sitting with me while Hyun held her hand. The little girl was awake the minute we arrived at Jeju. She was blabbing to herself, which I thought at first she was speaking in French, but Hyun assured me, she wasn’t. When we arrived 20 minutes later, I held Hyun back as I didn’t want Mr. Uptight or anyone else interrupting us.

 

“Hyun, what floor is your hotel room in? Mine’s on the 8th.. How are we going to do this?”, I asked her, shifting Cherisse from my right to my left side.

 

“I’m on the 5th, Oppa.. Do what?”, she asked, confused, but still holding Cherisse’s hand.

 

“Uhhh How are we, you know.. Going to, you know.. Do this.. Her.. Crying.. Us.. Uhhh Together..”, I stammered, cringing and probably blushing, not knowing how to ask her about our ‘sleeping’ situation.

 

“Oh! Right! Uhhh Any suggestions?”, she said, looking flustered.

 

“Ummm How about we exchange our rooms with one—”

 

“NO! No way! You’re going TOO far! You are NOT sharing a room together! You are NOT married! You are not even friends! And SHE’s not your—”

 

“She’s not our what?”, I asked with a steely edge to my voice, addressing Mr. Uptight with hostility for the very first time.

 

“Hyung, please, let’s just go to our rooms.. We’re all exhausted.. I’m sure Seohyun-ie and Yong Hwa-ssi can take care of this.. Please..”, Jung Shin said, taking a stand between me and his boss, trying to diffuse the situation before it escalated.

 

“Can’t you see what he’s up to, Jung Shin-ah?!”, he turned to Jung Shin.

 

“And WHAT is he up to, Sir?”, this time it was Hyun who spoke. That was the very first time I heard her sound so deadly.

 

Nobody spoke. I don’t even think any one dared to breathe. The tension was broken when Cherisse called for Hyun to take her.

 

“Mommy..”, she said, making everyone else's jaw drop, as that was the first time they heard the little girl call Hyun, Mommy. Cherisse extended her chubby little hands, almost begging for Hyun to take her. I stepped closer so Hyun could take her from me. The little girl nuzzled Hyun’s neck and hugged her, like she knew something is making her Mommy upset. I took the chance to clear up what they think they overheard.

 

“As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted.. Maybe we should exchange our rooms to one that is connected? You know, an adjoining room.. So I can go to my room when she’s asleep, but will be there when she needs me..”, I said to Hyun, loud enough for everyone to hear.

 

She agreed, while Mr. Uptight stomped away like a brat who did not get his way. Jung Shin went to Hyun to ask if she’s alright and apologized for their boss’ behavior. She sighed and mumbled something that made Jung Shin laugh.

 

An inside joke..

 

I felt another pain in my gut. I knew it wasn’t jealousy (Coz I DO NOT get jealous! No way!), but rather it was ENVY. I was envious of Jung Shin, because he got to know Hyun for more than 5 years now. He was always there with her. He got to see her every day. He got to talk with her. They shared secrets, laughter, problems, and experiences traveling around the world. They got closer and it gave way to inside jokes between them. And I’m so envious, it hurts. Literally.

 

I wish I grew up with her..

 

That was the very first time I wished magic exists so I can go back to the past and magic myself into her life. I sighed as we walked towards the hotel check-in counter to exchange our rooms.

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

What is wrong with HIM?! Does he really think Yong Oppa would take advantage of me like that? And with a baby, too?! I don’t think he’s that type of guy! I mean if you think about it, what is preventing Yong Oppa from leaving us? It’s not like Cherisse’s cry can prevent him from turning away from us.. He can just turn a deaf ear and go.. But still, he’s here.. Making sure we’re comfortable.. I’M comfortable.. And the way he holds Cherisse.. Like she’s a delicate flower.. He’s a gentleman.. A very sweet and kind gentleman.. – Whoa! Seo Joo Hyun! Now that’s a FIRST! Please don’t tell me you’re starting to like this guy! He’s a famous movie star! He probably has a girlfriend or even a WIFE somewhere! A GORGEOUS one! Not to mention his fans who will probably hate you on sight! So stop daydreaming and just go to your room! You're a nobody..

 

“Is there something wrong, Hyun? Are you not comfortable with this arrangement? We can think of a new one, if you like..”, Yong Oppa observed, leading the way to our adjoining room with my and his bags in tow and the end of his scarf in Cherisse’s hand.

 

“Oh, no.. No.. I’m fine with this.. Actually it’s the best solution.. Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter