Face-Off

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seo Min Hyuk

Don’t push her, Seo Min Hyuk.. Just take it slowly.. She’s really mad at you.. You seriously messed up this time..

 

I was taking Cherisse’s high chair inside our tent to put it away and to check on Cherisse and my daughter as one of the yoo-mohs looked over them while they slept. I was trying to kiss serious so my family, especially my wife, would forgive me after my “clown” comment about her cousin.

 

Aishhh! Why did I have to say that?! Maybe I can plead temporary insanity.. – Are you sure it’s TEMPORARY— – Yah! Then what?! Am I insane now?! Maybe I am because I keep TALKING to you! – That’s what I’m saying.. – Cham!

 

I was on my way out to watch my twin sister help Yong Hwa Hyung with his mission after our yoo-moh gave me a thumbs-up, signaling me that everything was okay when I happen to overhear Mi Young Noona outback talking to someone on her cell-phone—alone.

 

And she’s NEVER alone.. I mean Nich Khun Maehyung is always with her because their work keeps them apart most of the time so they try to spend as much time as they could together.. So why is she here alone all of a sudden..? Hmmm..

 

“Yes.. Everything—”

 

“I don’t care—”

 

“No—”

 

“Just get it—”

 

“I think locally would be better—”

 

“Yes—”

 

“I’ll take care of it—”

 

“No—”

 

“NO—”

 

“Everything—”

 

“Even the unobtainable, OBTAIN it—”

 

Whoa.. Noona..

 

“Yes—”

 

“This is important, do you get me—”

 

“Definitely—”

 

“Okay, good—”

 

“Not a word—”

 

“Yes—”

 

“Don’t forget—”

 

“As soon as you can—”

 

“Directly—”

 

“Yes—”

 

“I said I’ll take care of it, didn’t I? Just send it—”

 

Send what?

 

“I have to go.. I can’t talk long—”

 

I hurried outside even before Mi Young Noona ended her call. She sounded so serious like when she’s handling a high profile case. We tend to give her a wide berth when she has her Lawyer mode on. She’s the best sister and best friend you could ever hope for but she’s the worst enemy you can ever face. That’s why I’m so focused on redeeming myself in front of her eyes as well as my wife’s and my 3 other sisters.

 

One Mi Young Noona is enough! I can’t take 4 more of her! And it wouldn’t be good for me if she catches me eavesdropping on her when I’m still in deep trouble with the clown comment.. Sighhh..

 

“Yah, Sung Ri-ah, where did you get that?”, I asked my nephew as soon as I noticed him waving dollar bills outside.

 

“From an Ahjussi—”

 

“I have some, too, Papa Min-Min!”, Gi Na quipped happily, waving her dollar bills at me.

 

“And me—”

 

“Me, too—”

 

“So do I!”, Mikhi exclaimed, completing the rugrats’ number, the other 2 were still asleep.

 

“What Ahjussi? And why?”, Mi Young Noona asked suspiciously as she came out of the tent.

 

“The Ahjussi just behind that tent.. He told us to get a paper that an Ahjumma will write her name on—”

 

“A paper?”, I repeated, frowning.

 

Must be an autograph..

 

“Yes, Papa Min-Min, then we have to bring it to the Ahjussi and he’ll give us money in exchange for it.. But only if we keep it a secret from the Ahjumma..”, Sung Ri explained further as the adults looked at each other, undoubtedly solving the puzzle in their heads.

 

“What Ahjumma? What’s her name?”, my wife asked.

 

“We don’t know her name because she writes ugly—”

 

“Hmmmffffffftttttt—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“—but she’s in there..”, Sunny continued without a hitch, ignoring the restrained laughter as she pointed at a tent near the stage.

 

“Which one? Is it the 3rd tent—”

 

“Yes, Mommy..”, Nikhi replied, confirming our suspicions.

 

Goo Ha Ra-ssi’s tent! This must be the ‘plan’ that Kim Sa Jangnim was telling us a while ago..

 

“I see—”

 

“You’re not confiscating it, are you? We got them fair and square—”

 

“We’re not, Sung Ri-ah! Relax!”, Mi Young Noona clarified.

 

“Yah! Come on, rugrats! Let’s go out back.. We got you ice cream—”

 

“Really?!”, the kids asked in unison, unable to believe that they got money and ice cream in one night.

 

“Yeah.. Since we’re on vacation and you’ve all been good SO FAR.. So why not?!”, Yoo Na Noona confirmed as she and Yu Ri Noona herded the five through the tent and out the back.

 

“Are they seriously giving money for that witch’s autograph—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“What?! She is—”

 

“As a ploy so they won’t come out of their tent while we’re doing our missions—”

 

“And in dollars, no less—”

 

“Because most of the people here are foreigners.. Remember we’re in an International Convention—”

 

“Do you think it’s for kids only?”, we heard Yong Hwa Hyung’s Manager ask Seung Gi Hyung on the side.

 

“Manager Hyung! Seriously?! Cham—”

 

“What?! I’m just curious, Jong Hyun-ah!”, Manager Hyung exclaimed defensively.

 

“Curious.. Don’t you get any ideas, Manager Hyung! They know you! They’d recognize you if you go there—”

 

“Don’t you think I know that?! I am not stupid! Cham—”

 

“Sure could have fooled me—”

 

“What?! I heard you—”

 

“Then why are you asking me what fo—”

 

“Yah! They’re starting! Everyone go to your places.. Be alert, okay? Watch everyone’s back.. This is it! We only have one chance at this!”, Nich Khun Maehyung called-out as everyone started to move.

 

I stood just behind my wife, watching the scenes unfold. I noticed Jong Hyun Hyung and Taec Yeon Hyung pick seats at the bar where they could see Joo Hyun and Yong Hwa Hyung when they start dancing, but away from tent number 3. Sig Hyung then arrived, taking Jong Hyun Hyung’s place as he proceeded to where Sue Ji was waiting for Sig Hyung’s signal to come out.

 

How are they so sure that Tornado Guy will take THEIR seat? I mean there are other unoccupied seats all over the bar..

 

“Maehyung! Let’s go down..”, I urged my brothers-in-law to go down to the bar.

 

“What is it, Min Hyuk-ah?”, Nich Khun Maehyung asked on our way down.

 

“We have to place ourselves around the bar.. Take the seats that will be vacated—”

 

“Ahhh.. Make sure the only available seat will be the one next to In Guk-ah.. Ooops! There’s one—”

 

“Nich Khun Maehyung, take that one! I’ll take the other one—”

 

“Go, Min Hyuk-ah! Hurry!”, I heard Nich Khun Maehyung hiss at me before I dashed to the seat that Tornado Guy was trying to get to.

 

Ha! Beat ya!

 

I ordered fruit juices as I waited for Tornado Guy to take the seat that Taec Yeon Hyung just vacated. As soon as I saw Sig Hyung start his conversation with our target, I went back to my wife’s side. She, Mi Young Noona, and Shin Hye Noona were together. Shin Hye Noona was the only one who smiled at me when I handed them the juices.

 

At least, they accepted it and didn’t throw it at your face.. – You have a point there..

 

“The kids still out back?”, I heard Mi Young Noona ask Yu Ri Noona as she came out of the tent.

 

“Yes, they are, Eonni.. They’re doing fine, a little hopped-up on ice cream, but fine.. Oh, Cherisse woke up, Yoo Na-yah’s trying to get her back to sleep.. Min Jung-ie’s still asleep though, so no worries..”, she informed us, then asked as she strained her neck looking for Tornado Guy, “What’s going on now? Are they done?”

 

“Joo Hyun-ah and Yong Hwa-yah’s done.. They did great.. The problem is HIM.. He hasn’t danced IT yet.. Just keep on flirting with Sue Ji-ah! Cham!”, Chang Sun Hyung answered.

 

RRRRRRRR RRRRRRRR

 

“Sig Hyung’s calling.. Hello?”, I picked up the call as I walked away from everybody because they started discussing what they could do to help out.

 

“Is Yoo Na Noona with you?”, Sig Hyung asked as soon as I answered.

 

“She’s getting Cherisse back to sleep before she notices Joo Hyun-ie and Yong Hwa Hyung are not with her, Hyung..”, I informed him.

 

“What about Ga Young-ie? Is she doing anything?”, he asked next.

 

“No, Hyung.. Do you want to talk to her—”

 

“No, just tell her to come down to me.. I’m dancing the Tornado Dance with her—”

 

“What? Why all of a sudden? And why her?!”, I asked suspiciously.

 

“Because HE’s not dancing—wait—yah, and why not? What are saying, Seo Min Hyuk?! Yah, yah! She’s just a kid sister to me! And everyone else’s either busy or already danced it in front of him.. You said Yoo Na Noona is busy with Cherisse, Shin Hye-ah is in a delicate situation, so Ga Young-ie is the only one left.. Unless you’d let me dance with Soo Ju—”

 

“I’ll tell Ga Young-ie to come down, Hyung—”

 

“I didn’t think so! Cham!”, he snapped at me before he ended the call.

 

“What did he want, Min Hyuk-ah?”, Nich Khun Maehyung asked as soon as I came back.

 

“Ga Young-ie—”

 

“Me? What for?”, Ga Young cut me off looking surprised.

 

“He wants to dance with you—”

 

“Huh? Why me—”

 

“No.. Not Ga Young-ie.. It won’t work.. She looks like a kid compared to Sig Oppa—”

 

“Where’s Jin Ri-ah—oh, right.. She has one of the best chances to take the video we want—”

 

“Yoo Na-yah is with Cherisse—”

 

“What about you, Soo J—okay, moving on.. Who else do we have?”, Nich Khun Maehyung stopped what he was saying when he looked at me while my wife tried so hard not to laugh.

 

Yes, move on, PLEASE.. – Yah, Seo Min Hyuk! Your WIFE is the jealous one between the two of you, remember? – Not exclusively! Cham!

 

“How about Eun Ji Eonni? Will she work? I’ll take her place with the camera..”, Ga Young suggested.

 

“It could work.. Go tell her.. Meanwhile, Mi Young-ah, Chang Sun-ah, Yu Ri-ah, let’s go dancing, shall we..? I think our friend needs a little push..”, Nich Khun Maehyung beckoned as he headed for the bar while Ga Young, Soo Jung, and I went to where Eun Ji was to give her a different task.

 

I hope this works..

 

 

 

Horvejkul-Seo Mi Young

Eun Ji-ah’s dancing with In Guk-ah.. Good.. They’re moving in—I hope HE takes the bait..

 

“Mi Young-ah, don’t look now, but In Guk-ah’s gesturing towards us.. Let’s sell it, okay?”, my husband advised as he twirled around me.

 

“Honey, he’s DOING it!”, I said excitedly after a few minutes as I watched Tornado Guy dance exactly as he did in Yong Hwa’s alleged scandal video.

 

As he twirled around Sue Ji, he kept going closer, then I remembered there was a part in the scandal video where he kissed Goo Ha Ra.

 

“Honey—”

 

“I know..”, my husband cut me off looking worried. Then we noticed Yong Hwa and Jong Hyun walk purposely towards Sue Ji, but before they could get to her, a lady accidentally spilled her drink on Tornado Guy’s pants courtesy of In Guk.

 

“Did he just—”

 

“Yes, he did!”, my husband exclaimed as he started laughing because of my cousin’s antics.

 

He is such a brilliant Choding!

 

We both watched as Tornado Guy stomped off in anger because of his wet pants and to top it off, Sue Ji was nowhere in sight anymore after his little accident. I looked for her and spotted her between her cousins. Yong Hwa had a grip on her while Jong Hyun followed them. Then, Yong Hwa suddenly stopped in his tracks as a lady stood in his way. I gasped in shocked when she slapped Yong Hwa hard on the cheek.

 

Oh my God!

 

 

 

Seo In Guk

What the!!!

 

“Ha Ra-yah, stop it!”, an older man interceded as he dragged the woman away after screaming at Yong Hwa. At the same time I saw Jong Hyun clamp his hand on Sue Ji’s mouth as he forcefully dragged her away from Yong Hwa while I struggled to keep Eun Ji from getting away from my grasp and going berserk on Yong Hwa’s assailant.

 

Everything was in slow motion as I looked around everybody’s reaction. At the steps, Jung Shin had Jin Ri in a death grip while Moonie Ahjussi was sweating from making sure Ga Young wouldn’t be able to get away from him. To the left of them, Taec Yeon was hugging his wife, Shin Hye, preventing her from moving, while Soo Jung was being held back by Min Hyuk.

 

Nich Khun Hyungnim and Chang Sun Hyung held their wives by their upper arms while Seung Gi Hyung held his wife and Joo Hyun each by their elbow while Cherisse cried.

 

Manager Hyung approached Yong Hwa who looked shocked by what had happened. He talked to him and was able to coax him to move as he excused and apologized their way out of the crowd who were equally baffled but didn’t meddle much because the dance song the DJ was playing was so loud that eventually people started going back to dancing and having fun as if nothing had happened.

 

This is what I like about foreigners..

 

“Don’t go straight to the tent.. Go to the main exit.. Let’s take the path behind the marquees and go back to our tent through the back.. They might be watching where you’re going..”, I advised them as soon as I got close enough while I kept my arms around Eun Ji who was still cursing angrily through my hand. Manager Hyung and Yong Hwa both nodded as we took the long way back to our marquee.

 

I only let Eun Ji go when we reached the safety of the tent, but as soon as we got into the lounge, it exploded with shouts of anger as Yong Hwa’s female cousins rounded on him, furious at what just happened and even more furious that they weren’t able to defend him.

 

“OPPA, WHY DID YOU LET HER SLAP YOU LIKE THAT—”

 

“THAT F*****G BI*CH BETTER NOT CROSS MY PATH OR I WILL KILL HER—”

 

“YOU JUST STOOD THERE AND TOOK IT LIKE YOU DESERVED IT—”

 

“F**K!!! I’M SO MAD!!! ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH—”

 

“IF YOU HADN’T STOPPED ME, I COULD HAVE WHOOPED HER A*S—”

 

“I’M REALLY F*****G MAD, I WANNA HURT SOMEBODY—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“Yong Hwa-yah, are you okay?”, Mi Young Noona asked tentatively as she tried to be heard above the cusses and furious words from Yong Hwa’s female cousins with their ongoing tirade. The Noonas and the Hyungnims decided to just let them to get it out of their systems since the kids as well as Min Hyuk’s baby, were outside with the yoo-mohs.

 

His left cheek is so red.. It must hurt..

 

“Yes, Noona.. I’m fine..”, Yong Hwa answered, nodding, “Where’s Hyun and Cherisse?”, he added.

 

“Kim Sa Jangnim took them to their lounge.. He was worried because Cherisse wouldn’t stop crying—”

 

“What? Why?”, he asked worriedly as he moved to go out of the lounge.

 

“Cherisse saw you get slapped..”, Mi Young Noona answered quietly.

 

“She—She did?”, Yong Hwa stopped dead on his tracks looking back at Mi Young Noona.

 

“Yes.. She’s very upset.. Joo Hyun-ah, too..”, Mi Young Noona informed him sadly.

 

“I—I have to see them.. Excuse me..”, he said before he went out of the lounge.

 

He didn’t notice when I followed him out back. I saw him stop just outside Kim Sa Jangnim’s marquee, reclining his head sideways against it, taking a moment, his head bowed.

 

Poor Yong Hwa-yah.. He doesn’t deserve this..

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

Where is he..? Is he okay..

 

“Shhh.. Tout va bien, ma chérie.. S'il vous plaît arrêter de pleurer..1 (Shhh.. It’s alright, my darling.. Please stop crying..)”, I crooned as I comforted Cherisse who was still crying while she sat on my lap.

 

 

“I can’t believe she did that and in front of so many people.. Even Cherisse saw it!”, Kim Sa Jangnim hissed, trying not to show how angry he is in front of Cherisse at what just happened while his Directors all nodded somberly.

 

I just kept quiet because I’m not sure what I’m capable of saying with the way I was currently feeling. I wanted to make Goo Ha Ra feel what Yong Oppa felt when she slapped him in front of all us, how Cherisse must have felt when she saw what happened as if she herself was the one hit, as if she felt Yong Oppa’s pain and embarrassment.

 

Yong Oppa.. He must be feeling humiliated..

 

“Hyun..”, I heard someone call my name, I looked up from Cherisse to see Yong Oppa by the door lounge, hesitating to come in.

 

“Come in, come in..”, Sa Jangnim said looking up.

 

“Sa Jangnim.. Gua Jangnims..”, Yong Oppa greeted as he came in. When he turned to bow to the other Directors, I saw Kim Sa Jangnim cringe at the sight of Yong Oppa’s left cheek but quickly made an impassive face when Yong Oppa came around to face him again.

 

“We’ll give you some privacy.. Take your time here.. Don’t worry about us, arasseo?”, Kim Sa Jangnim informed us as his Directors bowed first before going out.

 

“Kim Sa Jangnim.. Thank you for taking care of Hyun and Cherisse..”, Yong Oppa said as Sa Jangnim passed by him, “And I’m sorry..”, he added, hanging his head in shame.

 

Kim Sa Jangnim looked at him for a long time before speaking, “There is nothing to apologize for or be ashamed of, Yong Hwa-ssi.. What you did, or didn’t do, actually, is something you should be proud of.. Not many men can show how much patience you showed facing something like that.. I should be the one to apologize to you—”

 

“Eihhh, Kim Sa Jangnim—”

 

“Daddy..”, Cherisse called-out still sobbing, cutting Yong Oppa off.

 

 

“Go to your daughter for now.. We’ll talk later.. I have something to deal with first..”, Kim Sa Jangnim said as he tapped Yong Oppa on the shoulder before going out of the lounge and leaving just us 3.

 

“Oppa, are you okay?”, I said softly as he walked towards us.

 

“Yes, Hyun.. I’m fine..”, he answered, smiling at me and Cherisse as if nothing happened.

 

“Hey, babycakes.. Why are you crying, huh? Daddy’s here now..”, Yong Oppa placated as he took Cherisse from me and sat her on his lap, facing him.

 

“Daddy huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu..”, Cherisse cried as she laid herself against Yong Oppa’s chest. It took all my will-power not to burst into tears myself as I looked at Yong Oppa.

 

He’s smiling but his eyes say the opposite.. They looked sad, hurt, and embarrassed all at the same time.. But he knows he has to be brave in front of Cherisse..

 

“It’s okay, Cherisse.. It’s alright.. Please don’t cry..”, he pleaded, rubbing his hand gently on Cherisse’s back.

 

Cherisse sat up and looked at him through tear-stained eyes. She then ran her right hand tenderly on Yong Oppa’s left cheek, the cheek that Goo Ha Ra slapped. It was red and must have hurt even if just a little, but Yong Oppa kept his face impassive, not letting Cherisse or me, see any sign of weakness.

 

“See? Daddy’s fine, so please don’t cry anymore—”

 

“Daddy slap..”, Cherisse interjected in broken English, surprising both Yong Oppa and I. We looked at each other as if trying to decide what to do next.

 

We shouldn’t lie to her.. We shouldn’t deny what she saw with her own eyes.. If we do, she’ll start doubting herself at an early age..

 

“Yes, ma chérie—”

 

“Hyun—”

 

“But we know that was bad, right? We should never do that to anybody—”

 

However much they deserve it or however much you want to do it to her— – Yah!

 

“—we should never hurt anyone.. Do you understand me, Cherisse?”, I asked her, looking her straight in the eyes because I want her to remember all the good lessons she learned from us even after she returns to her real parents. Yong Oppa nodded in support of me, finally understanding why I told her the truth.

 

“Est-ce que ça fait mal, Daddy?2 (Does it hurt, Daddy?)”, Cherisse asked, as her hand gently cupped his red cheek.

 

“She’s asking if it hurts, Oppa..”, I translated as I tried not to cringe at the sight of his inflamed cheek.

 

“No, it doesn’t, babycakes.. Daddy’s strong! See?! Huuurgh!”, he exclaimed as he flexed one arm while the other was holding Cherisse in place on his lap.

 

Aigooo.. Yong Choding is back..

 

“Oppa! Cham!”, I chuckled as he successfully made Cherisse giggle.

 

“Daddy, butterfly ppo ppos?”, Cherisse asked Yong Oppa.

 

“Yes, please—”

 

“Doucement.. D'accord, ma chérie? Nous ne voulons pas faire du mal Daddy, faisons-nous?3 (Gently.. Okay, my darling? We don’t want to hurt Daddy, do we?)”, I reminded Cherisse.

 

“Oui, Mommy..4 (Yes, Mommy..)”, she agreed as she proceeded to rain kisses on Yong Oppa as gently as she could. I just watched them as my heart swelled with joy to see them both smiling and laughing again.

 

They continued to play with each other, making Cherisse feel better by the minute. They didn’t even notice when Kim Sa Jangnim peeked at the lounge door and signaled for me.

 

“Yes, Sa Jangnim?”, I asked as I walked out of the lounge. I wasn’t worried that Cherisse would look for me because the door was a see-through flap.

 

“I see my sonnyeo’s happy again.. That’s good..”, he mused as he watched Cherisse and Yong Oppa play with each other.

 

“Yes, Sa Jangnim..”, I agreed as I turned to look at them.

 

“He’s very good with Cherisse, isn’t he? It’s just unfortunate what happened earlier.. Is he alright?”, he asked next, turning to me.

 

“He said he is, Sa Jangnim—”

 

“But you don’t think so?”, he prompted.

 

“No, earlier.. But now, I think he’s feeling better..”, I told him honestly.

 

“How about you, Seohyun-ssi? Are you alright?”, he asked me, looking at me with concern.

 

“Ye—Yes, Sa Jangnim—”

 

“No, earlier, but feeling better now, right?”, he interjected, smiling kindly at me. I nodded and smiled back when I realized he threw back at me my own answer.

 

Because I see them happy again..

 

“Seohyun-ssi, I want to apologize for what happened—”

 

“Sa Jangnim! What are you apologizing for? None of that was your fault—”

 

“She got away from us—”

 

“But she weren’t yours to keep away in the first place, Sa Jangnim.. This is your Convention—”

 

“Yours, too—”

 

“Yes, but you’re here to provide a safe and happy environment.. You invited her to provide entertainment.. If it’s anything, it’s my fault this happened—”

 

“Huh? How is it your fault, Seohyun-ssi?”, he asked, looking confused.

 

“Because I took my family, Cherisse, Yong Oppa and his family here—”

 

“Eihhh.. Because this is supposed to be a time with family, so how can you not? And I insisted they come, remember?”, he asserted.

 

“But still—”

 

“Arasseo, arasseo! How about we don’t blame ourselves.. No more apologizing, deal?”, he asked extending his hand.

 

“Can we, at least, blame it on HER, Sa Jangnim? Just kidding! Deal!”, I said as I shook his hand.

 

“Oh, which reminds me.. Please tell the Gua Jangnims that I’m sor—”

 

“Yah, we just had a deal!”, he scolded me in jest, smiling.

 

“Then please extend my gratitude to them, too, for babysitting HER earlier.. We got our footage because of all your help.. Thank you, Sa Jangnim..”, I said earnestly as I bowed to him.

 

“I’m glad to have helped even though we failed at—”

 

“Sa Jangnim—”

 

“In fairness, we didn’t know she’d lie to our faces when she said she’d just go to the bathroom—”

 

“Kim Seong Won Sa Jangnim—”

 

“Arasseo! Arasseo! Here, put this on Yong Hwa-ssi’s cheek so the swelling will lessen.. Hopefully, it won’t bruise..”, he conceded as he handed me a cold pack for Yong Oppa’s cheek.

 

“Thank you so much, Sa Jangnim—”

 

“Oh, by the way, tell your families that you are all free to roam around the grounds.. I’ve banished HER and her Manager out.. Hopefully they’re off to Timbuktu by now..”, he informed me gravely, remembering when Yong Oppa asked for Goo Ha Ra’s tent to be in Timbuktu when she arrived at the venue and we didn’t listen to him.

 

“You—You did, Sa Jangnim—”

 

“Yes! Nobody does that to my sonnyeo’s Father and gets away with it! Cham!”, he said begrudgingly.

 

“After all we did for them and this is the thanks we get..? And in front of my sonnyeo, no less! That is unacceptable!”, he added agitatedly.

 

“Thank you, Sa Jangnim for caring for Cherisse so much.. And us, too..”, I said softly as unshed tears escaped my eyes.

 

“Of cour—yah! Seohyun-ssi, why are you crying? Aigoo! Yong Hwa-ssi and Cherisse will get mad at me for making you cry!”, he whispered worriedly.

 

“I’m sorry, Sa Jangnim—”

 

“Seohyun-ssi, we had a deal, didn’t we? No more apologizing.. Now, stop crying.. Of course, we care about you.. You all deserve it.. You are good people and believe me, at the age that I am, I have met A LOT of people..”, he elaborated.

 

“Now, wipe those tears away and go back inside to those two.. Don’t forget to put that pack on Yong Hwa-ssi’s cheek.. Now go..”, he continued as he shooed me back to the lounge.

 

I composed myself first and smiled a little as I approached Yong Oppa and Cherisse still sitting on the sofa where I left them.

 

“Hey.. Where’d you go?”, Yong Oppa asked me as I sat down beside him.

 

“Kim Sa Jangnim gave me this for your ummm cheek, Oppa—”

 

“Really? I should thank him—”

 

“I already did..”, I told him, stopping him from getting up from the sofa.

 

“Oh, uhhh thanks, Hyun.. Give it to me—”

 

“No please, let me, Oppa..”, I said as I held the cold pack against his cheek.

 

He winced a little which did not escape Cherisse’s notice, “Tu vas bien?5 (You okay?)”, she asked.

 

“She’s asking if you’re alright, Oppa..”, I translated for him.

 

“Yes, babycakes.. It was just a little cold, but it doesn’t hurt.. Not anymore because you and Mommy are here with me now..”, he explained unable to look at me because of the cold pack I was holding against his cheek. It was in the way of his perspective which is good because I knew I was blushing at what he just said judging by the way my heart raced.

 

Calm down, Seo Joo Hyun, calm down..

 

“Vraiment?6 (Really?)”, Cherisse asked eagerly.

 

“What did she say, Hyun?”, I heard Yong Oppa ask me when I didn’t automatically translate what Cherisse said because I wasn’t paying attention.

 

Oh my God! What did she say?! – Think Seo Joo Hyun, think! QUICK!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter