Imprint

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

He's a famous actor?! Seriously?! Whoaaa! Is that why he seems so familiar to me? Maybe I’ve seen some of his movies or series before with my Eonnies, but it has been such a long time.. I can’t ask him, that would be rude and insulting..

 

After getting to know Yong Oppa more as we waited for some information about the little girl sleeping in my arms, we found out that we were all destined for Jeju Island. Even sharing the same flight which was why we were all waiting near the same gate in the first place. We even have the same hotel accommodations, although in different floors. We laughed at the coincidence, but I couldn’t help thinking that fate must be up to something.

 

Unfortunately, we missed our 4 o’ clock flight with all the things that happened. As everything happened inside their premises and due to some of their mistakes, the airport staff was helpful and generous enough to help us. They arranged the next available flight that could accommodate us and Yong Oppa’s staff which, unfortunately, leaves at 10pm. It was late, but we all agreed to it, since we didn’t want to spend the night in the VIP lounge they provided for us. The lounge had a bedroom, a bathroom, and a living room/dining room we were all occupying at the moment, but it was still a little too crowded for our comfort. After a while, at the threat of the Ice King to sue the airport if they refused, we asked to watch the CCTV footages the airport recorded of what had happened. And those that wasn’t covered was fortunately recorded by the TV staff following Yong Oppa, who immediately recorded when he started running. However, the airport staff only showed us the part where I spotted the little girl onwards, while our request to see the part where the little girl got lost was declined, giving us the grounds that we weren't involved in that part of the CCTV. We didn't argue any further.

 

At 7pm, we were provided with dinner and were informed that a Pediatrician will come in at 8 to talk to us. We tried to wake the little girl up so she can eat too, but she was too tired to even sit up. At 8pm, the Pediatrician came in.

 

“I’m Doctor Song.. Doctor Song Qian.. Nice to meet you all.. I’ll try to answer your questions, if you have any, with whatever time we have left, as I was informed that you all have a flight to catch.. But first, let me explain to you what we have here..”, said the Doctor to the 5 of us; me, Jung Shin, the Ice King, Yong Oppa, and his Manager. It was supposed to be just me and Yong Oppa, but the other 3 insisted on being there, while the TV crew was asked to leave for a while. She then handed me a folder containing information about the little girl. I decided to read it later with Yong Oppa after the Doctor finishes her explanation.

 

“This beautiful girl you have here went through a LOT today.. I know this is hard to hear and digest, but yes, she DIED today.”, the Doctor said, confirming my worst fear, which made me hug the little girl even more, while Yong Oppa gently held the little girl’s hand in his.

 

“For 8 seconds, she stopped breathing.. Her heart stopped beating, thus ending her life as she knows it.. But when you both—” pointing at me, then Yong Oppa, “—revived her, she started a new one..”, the Doctor continued.

 

“Tell me.. What did she do the second she started breathing again?”, the Doctor asked us.

 

“I remember she coughed once and then she opened her eyes..”, I answered.

 

“Then she looked at us, and afterwards, she cried..”, Yong Oppa added.

 

“She LOOKED at you both before she cried..”, she repeated slowly. “Do you know WHY? She looked at you both because she was IMPRINTING.. That’s what babies typically do in the 9 months they’re inside the womb, building a bond with its parents by hearing them talk, laugh, sing, etc.. Then it’s time to be born, and what do they do first the second they get out? They cry.. Right? So basically, if you look at it, you two just had a baby together, but using shortcuts..”, she said, her eyes flashing.

 

Did she just say WE just HAD a BABY..?!

 

“You mean she thinks that these TWO are her parents?!”, asked Jung Shin, sounding incredulous.

 

“Yes, that’s essentially it.. She thinks she’s Mommy and he’s Daddy..” said the Doctor, pointing at me and Yong Oppa, while everybody got quiet.

 

“But let me warn you.. Since your little girl here suffered a traumatic experience, it will be much harder for her.. She will suffer from separation anxieties.. She will throw tantrums.. She will exhibit traits that will be unusual..”, she informed us.

 

Oh, no.. Oh, poor baby..

 

“Can’t we—can’t we do anything for her, Doctor Song? Therapy? Specialists? Anything! Anything at all, so she won’t suffer.. Please help her, Doctor..”, Yong Oppa pleaded.

 

“What can WE do to help her, Doctor?”, I added quietly, trying not to cry so as not to wake the little girl up.

 

“Unfortunately, all you can do is be with her right now.. Understand what she’s going through, especially because you know what she went through.. Be patient with her..”, the Doctor advised us.

 

“How about physically, Doctor? Will she suffer from anything that might hurt her?”, I asked, concerned.

 

“Physically, she’s okay, even after what she went through.. It’s emotionally and mentally that will be a problem for her, especially when her parents come and get her.. She will be confused and I don’t know yet how to explain to her, or even the parents, that she forgot about them..”, the Doctor sighed, clearly troubled.

 

“So what now, Doctor Song? How are we supposed to go on our own way after Jeju if she won’t let them both out of her sight for even a second?”, asked Jung Shin.

 

“That’s now up to you, or them actually, as they’re the ones involved..” said the Doctor, nodding towards me and Yong Oppa.

 

“Surely you’re not suggesting that they keep her or take her to where they’re going, which I think isn’t even in the same direction after a week, are you?!”, remarked the Ice King.

 

“We have places to go and people to meet, we can’t be taking care of a baby now!”, exclaimed Yong Oppa’s Manager.

 

“Okay, look! This girl here was accidentally left in another country by her parents. She got lost in a foreign place, full of foreign people. Her Mother is in shock. Her Father suffered a  which led to a coma. And she DIED today! So please DO NOT tell me that you have more important things to do than take care of her! Because if you do, you might as well should have LET her di—”

 

“ENOUGH! We’re not arguing about this anymore! You’re upsetting her, can’t you see?!", Yong Oppa exclaimed, gesturing towards me. “We’re doing this OUR way and we don’t care if you all agree or not!”, Yong Oppa said, gently helping me up and leading me to the bedroom of the lounge.

 

 

 

Jung Yong Hwa

“Are you okay? Is she okay? I’m sorry about that, but I don’t want to hear anymore, anything about—about dying.. I just—I just can’t..”, I managed to say, after I closed the bedroom door, apologizing for losing my temper a few minutes ago.

 

“We’re fine, Oppa.. And it’s okay, I understand how you feel.. If you hadn’t spoken up, I was going to, anyway..”, Hyun admitted.

 

“What are we going to do, Hyun? What are we going to do about her? What IS her name, do you know?”, I asked, suddenly remembering I keep referring to her as ‘the little girl’. Hyun then opened up the folder the Doctor gave her containing the girl’s information, and we started reading.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter