Permission

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jung Yong Hwa

PAK!!!

 

“HOW DARE YOU KISS OUR SISTER?!”, Mi Young Noona shouted in rage after hitting me hard across the face.

 

“I–I–I—”

 

“THIS IS THE THANKS WE GET AFTER EVERYTHING WE’VE DONE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY?! YOU DISRESPECT US?!”, Nich Khun Hyungnim roared, shaking with anger.

 

“I–I–I—”

 

“YOU’RE NOT HER HUSBAND, YONG HWA-YAH!”, Yu Ri Noona screamed angrily.

 

“I–I–I—”

 

“YOU’RE NOT EVEN HER BOYFRIEND!”, Yoo Na Noona screeched, glaring at me.

 

“I–I–I—”

 

“UNLESS THERE’S SOMETHING YOU’RE NOT TELLING US AFTER EVERY CHANCE WE'VE GIVEN YOU TO CONFESS?!”, Chang Sun Hyung yelled accusingly.

 

“I–I–I—”

 

“SO?! IS THERE SOMETHING BETWEEN YOU TWO?!”, Seung Gi Hyung snapped at me.

 

“I–I–I—”

 

“YOU ACT AS THOUGH YOU OWN HER!!! YOU TOUCH HER AND KISS HER ANYWHERE AND ANYTIME YOU LIKE!”, Min Hyuk bellowed accusingly.

 

“I–I–I—”

 

“WHAT?! YOU’RE WHAT?!”, Hyun’s brother and brothers-in-law snarled at me as they gathered around me.

 

“I love her!”, I burst out as four fists came flying towards me.

 

“AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”, I screamed in terror, trying to shield myself.

 

After a few seconds, I was baffled when no fists came so I looked around. It was dark and so quiet that all I could hear was the rush of blood through my ears and the intense pumping of my heart. I released a sigh of relief when I realized it was all just a dream.

 

“Calm down, Yong Hwa-yah.. It was just a dream.. Calm down.. Remember that you get to keep Cherisse for a while.. You should be happy..”, I whispered in the dark.

 

Wait a minute! Did I scream when I was dreaming? Did THEY hear me?! – Did you forget WHERE you’re sleeping? – Oh, thank God this room is soundproofed! – Yeah, no one can hear your girly screams! – Yah! I DO NOT scream like a girl! Cham!

 

“But why would I have a dream like that..?”, I murmured confused as to what brought about the dream in the first place.

 

I haven’t kissed her yet— – What do you mean you haven’t kissed her yet?! What about the time when you were all video-chatting?! – That was an ACCIDENT! I didn’t mean to do that! And besides, nobody saw that so I’m not feeling guilty about it.. – Are you sure? – Yes!

 

“Then, why do I feel like there’s something escaping me right now..? Did I do something last night?! What?! When?! When I passed out?! Aishhh! I don’t know anymore!”, I hissed frustratedly as I got up from bed and decided to get a glass of water to calm me down because everything that happened today has been a blur to me.

 

As I opened the door of the studio, I found Hyun carrying a crying Cherisse, trying to soothe and get her back to sleep.

 

“Hyun, what happened?”, I asked as I immediately ran to her side. Cherisse was slumped on Hyun’s shoulder, arms around her neck, eyes closed, whimpering.

 

“Oppa! Did we wake you—”

 

“No! Of course not.. I had a ni—I need a drink of water.. What about you? Was I the one who woke her up—”

 

With my girly screams? – Yah! Aishhh!

 

“No, no.. I had a bad dream and I accidentally woke her up—”

 

She had one, too? What about?

 

“Waaaahhhhhhh—”

 

“I’m sorry, ma chérie.. Please go back to sleep.. I promise I’ll be quiet..”, Hyun whispered to Cherisse, bobbing her up and down.

 

“Waaaahhhhhhh—”

 

“Here, give her to me..”, I instructed and she nodded.

 

Hyun gave me the whimpering Cherisse and when she did, her arm immediately clamped around my neck, the problem was her other arm wouldn’t let go of Hyun’s neck so Hyun and I ended up face to face, a hair’s width between my lips and her forehead.

 

“Oh!”, Hyun exclaimed in surprise.

 

Huh?! Why is this so familiar?!

 

“Cherisse, let go of Mommy..”, I berated trying not to move and at the same time thanking God, and my Mother, who always insisted that I brush my teeth before I go to bed. Cherisse only looked at me, opening just one eye as her head lolled forward, groggy with sleep but still irritable as a sob escaped .

 

“Shhh.. It’s okay, baby..”, Hyun pacified as she backed-up a step, trying to get Cherisse’s grip on her loose.

 

“Owww.. She’s holding my hair right near the scalp, Oppa..”, she mumbled through gritted teeth.

 

“Okay, don’t move, Hyun.. Just take her back..”, I suggested as I handed her Cherisse right back. We were almost successful, but when I tried to take a step back, my shirt almost choked me because apparently Cherisse was holding on it for dear life. All I could do was take a step back closer to them.

 

“Cherisse!”, this time it was Hyun who scolded her which she promptly ignored as she slumped on Hyun’s shoulder, still whimpering irately.

 

I took a hold of Cherisse’s hand and started prying her fingers off my shirt one by one when she started crying again, looking up at me.

 

“Waaaahhhhhhh—”

 

“Okay, okay, I’ll leave it alone..”, I amended as she adjusted her hold on my shirt more firmly. I ended up behind them to the right as Cherisse’s left hand held my shirt while Hyun was in front of me, blocking more than half of my body. Cherisse, on the other hand, just went back to leaning on Hyun’s shoulder, peering up at me with sad eyes.

 

“I–I’m sorry, Hyun..”, I apologized after realizing how close I was to her.

 

“For what, Oppa? I—”

 

“Waaaaaaahhhhhhh!”, Cherisse cried as if in frustration as she tried her best to go back to sleep, but was having a hard time.

 

“Okay, okay, we’ll be quiet—”

 

“Waaaahhhhhhhh..”, she cried again as Hyun and I clamped our mouth shut.

 

Afraid to talk anymore, I took a hold of Hyun’s arms and started swaying her from side to side.

 

If Hyun’s family sees us now, they’d probably think I’m back-hugging her.. – Yeah, this is probably one of the reasons why you’re having nightmares about them beating you up! – Aishhh! Cham!

 

After a few minutes, I felt Cherisse’s hold on my shirt loosen. She was just looking in the distance with sad eyes as if she was giving up and letting go of something she loved. I didn’t know where and why this reasoning came to me, but it did.

 

I spotted my guitar so I picked it up and sat down at the edge of the bed, then tapped the space beside me to signal Hyun to sit down. Cherisse was just quiet, this time looking up at me with such a heartbreaking sadness, it’s almost hurting me physically.

 

I strummed my guitar, hoping I’d cheer her up or, at least, let her get back to sleep so she’ll get some rest. As I sang, Hyun eventually joined in, harmonizing with me as if she was a pro.

 

 

You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged, oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
The darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small

Show me a smile then
Don't be unhappy
Can't remember when
I last saw you laughing
This world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just, call me up
'Cause I will always be there

And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you

 

Halfway through our song, I felt Hyun’s head rest on my shoulder. She was singing softly while tapping Cherisse gently on the lower back.

 

This is the life.. – Nightmares.. – Aishhh!

 

So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful

I see your true colors
Shining through (true colors)
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful
Like a rainbow
Oooooh oooooh oooh like a rainbow.

 

After our song, I didn’t dare move because I didn’t want Hyun to take her head off my shoulder. Meanwhile, Cherisse was finally back in deep sleep. After a while of just staying contentedly quiet, Hyun stood up to my disappointment. She moved off to the side of the bed and started prying Cherisse’s fingers off of her and finally put her to bed.

 

“Thank you, Oppa..”, she whispered as she climbed next to Cherisse.

 

“No need, Hyun.. Actually, you should have texted me the minute she woke up..”, I told her as I head back to the adjoining room.

 

“Hyun?”, I called out as I hesitated by the door.

 

“Yes, Oppa?”, she answered, looking at me expectantly.

 

“Did I–Did I say, or do, anything when uhhh you know.. When I passed out earlier..?”, I asked, tentatively.

 

She looked at me thoughtfully, I even thought I saw surprise in her eyes for a second, but when I blinked, she was frowning at me.

 

“What do you mean, Oppa?”, she asked innocently.

 

“Oh, uhhh you know.. Maybe I said something or did something that was upsetting and maybe I offended someone.. Someone like say.. Mi Young Noona..?”, I hedged unable to look at her as my nightmare came back to me.

 

“Because earlier I couldn’t tell whether I’m hallucinating or when it’s the real thing.. I think I swallowed a lot of seawater..”, I explained clumsily when she stayed quiet.

 

“Oh, ummm I don’t remember you doing anything offensive, Oppa.. In fact, you were too quiet when you passed out that Seung Gi Hyungbu kept checking your pulse..”, she told me simply.

 

“I was? Thank Go–I mean, okay..”, I sighed in relief. “I thought maybe I offended–anyway, call or text me if she wakes up again, arasseo?”, I added.

 

“Yes, Oppa—”

 

“Oh, one more thing, Hyun.. Did I hit my face when I passed out? Because my left cheek is a little tende–oh..”, I backtracked when I noticed she was past asleep.

 

She must be exhausted.. Poor Hyun..

 

“Good night, Hyun..”, I whispered before I stepped into the recording studio room.

 

See you in my dreams.. And please don’t take your whole family with you..

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

Is he gone? – Yes, you’re safe! Cham! – Whew! That was close! Good thing I sat on my hands when he wasn’t looking or I would have touched my hair again! I’m sorry, Oppa.. If you don’t remember being slapped by Mi Young Eonni, then I don’t need to remind you.. I don’t want you to act awkwardly around her.. And you’ve been through so much already for one day.. I don’t want to add to your miseries and make you remember the pain of giving Cherisse up for good..

 

I turned to my side and looked at Cherisse. She was sleeping soundly again thanks to Yong Oppa’s help.

 

Good thing he woke up when he did.. What did he say woke him up..? Did he have a nightmare, too..? I can’t remember! I guess he and I went through a lot last night.. Poor Yong Oppa..

 

“If he had a nightmare, I wonder what his is about..?”, I mused softly.

 

I bet it’s not as intriguing as yours.. – Wonder why my dream was like that though? I don’t think I did something that bad that would make my siblings so mad at me it would cause me to wake Cherisse up in reality! They were accusing me of keeping secrets from them.. Like what exactly?! I told them everything.. At least, I think so.. Did I forget anything?

 

I shook my head to clear it from the dagger-looks my twin brother, my sisters and their husbands threw at me before they shut the door and locked me inside what seemed like a cell in a dungeon.

 

That was so weird!

 

I continued staring at Cherisse until I woke up with a start from the sound of cartoons from the TV.

 

“CHERISSE?!”, I exclaimed when I saw the space next to me empty.

 

“She’s here, Hyun..”, Yong Oppa called-out as he lounged sideways on the floor at the foot of the bed with Cherisse using him as a backrest while she takes her milk.

 

“Good morning..”, he added, unable to look at me because his whole body was resting, almost spanning the length of the foot of the bed.

 

Oh, thank God! I must look hideous! – As opposed to? – Yah! Cham!

 

“Good morning, Oppa.. Good morning, ma chérie..”, I called back as I stretched first before I hopped out of the bed.

 

I went to the bathroom to freshen up just in case I have dried saliva on my chin (Unfortunately, with my luck? Of course, I did! Cham!) and my hair looking like a tornado went through it before a cow decided to it in several places (Argh!). When I thought I was presentable enough, I walked back out.

 

“Yong Oppa—”

 

“Yes, Hyun, go ahead.. I’ll take care of Cherisse while you go get ready..”, he cut in even before I could say anything other than his name.

 

There he goes reading my mind again!

 

I went to get the stack of clothes I prepared last night and went back to the bathroom as we go through one of our alternate routines which is when Yong Oppa gets up first. When I was done, I took over Cherisse so he can get ready and then we both took care of Cherisse afterwards.

 

TOK! TOK!

 

“Come in, it’s open!”, Yong Oppa called out as he brushes Cherisse’s hair while I put away the things we used to get Cherisse ready and straighten out the room.

 

“Good morning, Oppa, Eonni, Cherisse!”, Ga Young greeted cheerfully as she walked inside.

 

“Good morning, my Swan Princess—”

 

“Non! Princess, moi! (No! Princess, me!)”, Cherisse interjected, frowning up at me.

 

“Aigoo! Of course, you are, ma chérie! You’re both my princesses!”, I amended while Ga Young nodded at Cherisse, trying not to be a threat to her.

 

“Yes, she is! And Mommy’s the Queen!”, Yong Oppa added without a thought, making Ga Young break out into a huge smile.

 

“Yah, what about me, Hyun?!”, Yong Oppa asked when I didn’t return the favor and announced that he was the king.

 

How could I? Ga Young-ie looks like she’s about to burst into a wedding song! Cham!

 

“You—”

 

“Daddy!”, Cherisse cut-in in a tone as if the answer was too obvious.

 

“See, Oppa? You’re my Daddy–Father!”, I amended at the last minute because I knew Ga Young would full-on tease me if I called Yong Oppa my Daddy.

 

Argh! I hope they didn’t hear that!

 

“What? What did you say, Hyun? I’m your Daddy–Father—”

 

Aishhh!

 

“—What is that?! Did you mean to say I’m your Daddy’s Father? Am I your Grandfather?”, Yong Oppa asked teasingly, straightening up as he walked towards me.

 

“Well, you are older than me, Haraboeji Yong..”, I commented, unable to stop myself knowing full well that he’s sensitive about his age.

 

“Yah, just 2 years, Seo Joo Hyun! JUST 2 YEARS!”, he called out as he cornered me on the wall, trying to tickle me on the side waist which he knew I hated.

 

“Oppa!”, I objected, trying to dodge his hands.

 

“So I’m not Haraboeji Yong anymore?! Huh? Huh?”, he teased, his hands darting every which way, trying to prod me on the side of my waist.

 

“No! No! I’m sorry! Oppa! Yong Oppa! Someone, help me! MAMAAAAAA!”, I screamed, whining as I tried hard to stop his attempts.

 

When I got the chance, I ran away from him and hid behind Ga Young, who was happily watching us. Cherisse, on the other hand, was still sitting in the middle of the bed, squealing excitedly.

 

“So.. You recruited an ally! Let’s see if this one can protect you!”, he goaded, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

 

“Yong Yong Oppa, you seem to forget I know you.. Eonni, he can’t take anyone touching his nape tenderly!”, Ga Young blurted out even before Yong Oppa could object.

 

“Yah! You traitor!”, Yong Oppa accused laughing, but at the same time looking worried.

 

“Aha! Now I know!”, I said triumphantly as Cherisse gave another squeal while she moved near the headboard, away from all of us, and when she did, Yong Oppa looked at her to check on her. Ga Young and I took the chance and charged at him, catching him by surprise.

 

“OOOF! Yah! Ahahahahahah! No fair!”, he objected, laughing, as Ga Young and I held each of his hands and forced him face down on the bed to Cherisse’s happy squeals. He was down for the count, but it was still clear that he was stronger than both Ga Young and I combined. Whenever one of us would reach to touch his nape, he’d move and threaten to get away from our hold on him.

 

“Eonni, we can’t let go of his hands! We have to reach his nape without taking our hands off him! We’re dead if he gets away from us!”, Ga Young warned me as we both struggled to hold on to Yong Oppa.

 

“Arasseo!”, I answered as I tried to think of a way to solve our problem.

 

I stared at Yong Oppa. He was struggling hard, trying to get us off him and then something clicked in my head and I knew what to do.

 

I started bending forward, towards the bed, towards him.

 

“Hyun, what are you doing? HYUN?! HYUN!”, he yelled, fear in his voice as he spotted me on his peripheral vision, slowly approaching him from behind.

 

When I was close enough, I blew on his nape. His reaction was instant and severe. He in his breath as his body went rigid, and imagine my surprise when a blood-curdling scream escaped his mouth.

 

“AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! EOMMA! EOMMA! HELP ME! EOMMAAAAAA!”, he screamed, muffled slightly by the bed covers, trying hard to escape as I blew on his nape again. Both Ga Young and I laughed hard while Cherisse came a little closer, still squealing in delight.

 

“AAAAAAHHHHHHH! STOP IT, SEO JOO HYUN! STOP IT! CHERISSE! NOT YOU, TOO! NO! NO! STOP IT! PLEASE! STOP IT!”, he pleaded, tears in his eyes as Cherisse kissed him on the nape alternately with me blowing on it.

 

“I give up! You win! You guys, win! Please! Stop it! Stop it now!”, he added as he stopped fighting to get out of our grasp.

 

“Promise, you won’t retaliate?!”, I asked.

 

“Yes!”, he answered.

 

“Say you promise, Oppa! Or I will ask Cherisse to you on the nape instead!”, Ga Young threatened, laughing.

 

“—”

 

“I promise! I PROMISE!”, he almost shrieked at us at the prospect of Cherisse his nape.

 

Ga Young and I cautiously let him go. I took Cherisse with me while my eyes never left Yong Oppa, afraid that he’d retaliate despite of what he promised. Fortunately, he just stayed in bed, unmoving, as if all his energy was spent. He groaned loudly as he slowly and laboriously sat up. I tried not to laugh, worried that I’d provoke him.

 

“You three are ruthless! Remind me never to go against you three again!”, he complained as he massaged where we held him in his arms.

 

“Oh, I will! You will never hear the end of this! I just wish Moonie Ahjussi was here to capture that on camera! PRICELESS! Bwahahahaha!”, Ga Young said triumphantly as she walked out of our room.

 

“Yah! Moon Ga Young! YOU BRAT!”, he called after her, which landed on deaf ears.

 

“I can’t believe you two did that to me!”, he accused me and Cherisse, this time massaging his nape.

 

“You left us no choice, Oppa..”, I told him as I kept Cherisse between us, always facing him just in case.

 

“Oh, by the way, the Eonnies and the Oppas want you downstairs.. Apparently, we have a lot to do before the dinner party with Kim Sa Jangnim tonight..”, Ga Young announced as she poked her head in our room again and promptly disappeared afterwards.

 

“Arasseo, Ga Young-ah—”

 

“Aishhh! That brat! If she just told us that when she went in here in the first place, we could have—”

 

“Don’t you mean I, Oppa—”

 

“Aishhh! Fine! I could have avoided THAT!”, he exclaimed, saying the word ‘that’ empathically. I tried not to laugh.

 

“You started it—”

 

“Because you called me Haraboeji—”

 

“Eiiiihhhhh.. Arasseoyo! Truce?”, I suggested.

 

“Hmp—”

 

“Oppa!”, I complained when he snubbed me.

 

“Don’t forget.. I now know your weakness..”, I warned him.

 

“Aishhh! Arasseo! Cham!”, he snapped at me jokingly.

 

“Did we hurt you?”, I asked him as he stood up and I took a step backward.

 

“No..”, he answered.

 

“Is it that bad?”, I asked again, taking another step back as he stepped towards the door where Cherisse and I were.

 

“What?”, he asked back, taking a step again which corresponded to my stepping backwards onto the hall.

 

“Your nape.. Are you that ticklish there?”, I clarified with another step as he had.

 

“Yes..”, he admitted, sighing. “10 times ticklish as you are with your side waist.. Please don’t tell the guys or it’ll ruin me..”, he pleaded as we both took another corresponding step out in the corridor.

 

“I won’t.. But I don’t know about Ga Young-ie—”

 

“Yah, Seo Joo Hyun, are you going to keep away from me from now on?”, he asked as he noticed how I take a corresponding step backward whenever he takes a step towards us.

 

“I–I’m worried you’d retaliate—”

 

“I said I won’t!”, he argued, frowning.

 

“Arasseoyo, Oppa..”, I conceded as I stopped myself from full-on running as he finally approached us.

 

“I’m sorry, Op–ARGH! OPPA! I have Cherisse with me!”, I complained when he prodded me on the side of my waist as soon as he was close enough, making me jump in surprise.

 

“Arasseo, arasseo! I’m sorry, Hyun.. I couldn’t help it!”, he apologized, his cheek-bursting smile making an appearance.

 

“Yong Choding! Hmp!”, I said under my breath.

 

“What did you say, Hyun?”, he asked as he made to move as if he was going to prod me on the side again.

 

“What? Did you hear me say anything, Oppa?”, I asked nonchalantly back as I made to grab him by the nape, but stopped short, my fingers just barely above the skin at the back of his neck. We were at a stand-off.

 

“Hyun, calm down.. We don’t need to do this here especially since Cherisse is between us..”, he explained calmly as my hand hovered just millimeters away from him while Cherisse kept looking at us alternately like she knew what was going on.

 

“Truce?”, I offered, as I glanced at his hand hovering on my side waist.

 

“Tru—”

 

“What are you guys doing?”, we heard someone ask from somewhere and as if we weren’t just having a stand-off, Yong Oppa absently put his hovering hand on top of my waist while at the same time I put mine on top of his shoulder.

 

“Are you guys kissing again?”, the voice asked, sounding disgusted.

 

“WHAT?!”, Yong Oppa and I exclaimed simultaneously, making Cherisse jump in surprise.

 

Oh, my God! Did somebody see us?! That time?! When we were chatting? But it was an accident! And I was so sure nobody saw us! Because no one said a thing about it at the time!

 

“You ARE kissing again, aren’t you?! Eeeewwwwww—”

 

“Yah!”, Yong Oppa and I both objected at the same time while the owner of the voice came into view as he came out of one of the bedrooms. It was my nephew, Nikhi.

 

“Don’t deny it! Look at you!”, Nikhi accused, motioning towards us. We suddenly noticed that in our haste to make sure nobody finds out we were just arguing, we looked like we were hugging because we had an arm around each other.

 

At this, Yong Oppa and I pulled apart, both blushing.

 

“I was just–I was just straightening Cherisse’s shirt, yes, that’s it..”, Yong Oppa explained sounding uncertain, tugging on Cherisse’s shirt for good measure.

 

“And I was just brushing off a lint from his shirt—”

 

“Is it gone now?”, Yong Oppa asked, brushing his shoulder off while I patted it, trying not to laugh from our acting.

 

“Ye–Yes, Oppa..”, I stuttered, my free hand automatically heading towards my hair. At the last second, I felt Yong Oppa take my hand in his and pulled it gently down between us. I surreptitiously released a sigh of relief as Yong Oppa smiled at me. I was unable to look at Nikhi for fear he’d see right through our lies.

 

“Riiiiight.. Suuuure.. Fiiiiine.. At least, you two don’t kiss on the lips like my parents do! Ewww—”

 

Huh?! But we did! Didn’t we?! Accidentally! Unless, he’s talking about another one? – What other one? You guys kissed again?! – Wouldn’t you know if I know?! Cham!

 

“But we—”, Yong Oppa tried to interject, but changed his mind at the last second as our eyes met only to look awkwardly away again.

 

“—yuckkkk!”, Nikhi finished, frowning in disgust.

 

“Yah, you rugrat! I’m going to tell on you when I see your parents—”

 

“Nikhi, what do you mean when you said we uhhh we ummm we ki—”

 

“Yong Yong Oppa! Joo Hyun Eonni! Where are you, guys?! Come on!”, we heard Ga Young call out from the stairs.

 

“We’re coming!”, Yong Oppa called back as he and I looked at each other confusedly.

 

“Well? Are you coming or not? I swear you guys are becoming like my Mommy and Daddy!”, Nikhi complained as he looked back at us like we were doing something we shouldn’t have.

 

“Aishhh! We’re coming, we’re coming! Cham!”, I assured him as we all hurried down the stairs with Yong Oppa making sure Cherisse and I didn’t stumble our way down because I insisted on carrying her.

 

We kissed again?! When?!

 

 

 

Seo Min Hyuk

Whoa! Do we really need this much?!

 

I balked in surprise when Chang Sun Maehyung opened the trunk of the SUV we borrowed from Kim Sa Jangnim. He, along with my older sisters and their husbands just got home from a local market and from the looks of the bags inside the trunk, I’d be surprised if the local market’s still open for business.

 

“Yah! Did you buy the whole market?!”, Manager Hyung asked as soon as he saw the back of the SUV.

 

“No.. We left the stalls and the eels..”, Yu Ri Noona answered matter-of- factly.

 

“Yah—wait—you didn’t buy eels? But I love eels!”, Manager Hyung complained.

 

“No eels.”, Yu Ri Noona confirmed as she took bags of groceries and went inside.

 

“She can’t handle them..”, Chang Sun Hyung whispered to Yong Hwa Hyungnim’s Manager, who pouted, making us shake our heads and laugh.

 

After a few more trips, we finally had everything spread out in the dining table we usually use for meals.

 

“Okay, is everyone here?”, Yu Ri Noona asked, looking around. She was in charge for the day since it’s going to be a dinner party.

 

“Yong Yong Oppa and Joo Hyun Eonni aren’t here yet, but Ga Young-ie already went to call them..”, my wife answered as she joined me after handing our baby to one of the yoo-mohs in the other room where the kids were.

 

“Arasseo.. Just fill them in when they arrive.. Okay, here’s the plan.. We need some washers, preppers and cutters.. Washers, wash everything first and then wash again after anything is used.. That way, we don’t clutter the kitchens.. Preppers, you need to measure and group which ingredient is needed in which dish.. If anything needs to be cut or peeled off, go seek a cutter.. Everyone else, find something to do if you’re not doing anything.. If not, get out of the mansion—”

 

“Yu Ri-ah!”, Mi Young Noona berated.

 

“Fine! Just don’t let me catch you not doing anything—”

 

“I won’t—errr—I mean let’s start working!”, Jong Hyun Hyung blurted out absently, making us laugh while Yu Ri Noona glared at him.

 

After a while, I found myself with the other men cutting up different kinds of vegetables, meat, dairy products, and some fruits while Chang Sun Maehyung instructed us on what to do. The girls, on the other hand, moved to the kitchen so they can wash and prep and eventually start cooking. Moonie Ahjussi and Manager Hyung were asked to go back to the market because apparently, we were still missing some ingredients. Manager Hyung even took the chance to ask Yu Ri Noona to cook some eels which she promptly shut down, making Manager Hyung irritable as usual.

 

“Yah, Jong Hyun-ah, quit eating the carrots I already cut! Here, eat this instead!”, Nich Khun Maehyung scolded, trusting a whole carrot into Jong Hyun Hyung’s hand.

 

“But this isn’t peeled off yet, Hyungnim—”

 

“Then peel it off! That’s why you’re here in the first place! Cham!”, Nich Khun Maehyung snapped.

 

“Arasseoyo—”

 

“Where are you going now?”, Seung Gi Maehyung asked when Jong Hyun Hyung suddenly got up and made to leave.

 

“To get some peanut butter..”, Jong Hyun Hyung answered casually.

 

“Why? Do we need that ingredient now? Aren’t we just supposed to cut?”, Seung Gi Maehyung asked Chang Sun Maehyung in confusion.

 

“No, but I need peanut butter in my carrot—”

 

“What?! Ewwwww—”

 

“I’m hungry, Hyung—”

 

“Arasseo! We’re eating breakfast in just a few minutes, Jong Hyun-ah! Your cousins are already setting up in the breakfast room!”, Chang Sun Hyung told him.

 

“Really?”, Jong Hyun Hyung asked excitedly, his face lighting up.

 

“Yes! Now go get your peanut butter if you still can’t wait—”

 

“I can wait!”, he cut in as he sat happily back down at the prospect of food in just a few minutes.

 

“Good morning, everyone!”, Joo Hyun greeted brightly followed by a happy-looking Yong Hwa Hyungnim.

 

Everyone went quiet as we stared at them both, each one of us had a different look on their face as we all remembered Yong Hwa Hyungnim kissing my sister on the forehead by the front door last night.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter