Trust

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

“Oh, calm down, you two! Aishhh! I said it’s for OUR bath, Hyun, but I didn’t say we’d be taking it at the same time! Unless you want to..?!”, Yong Oppa said grinning, ruffling some more feathers.

 

“Oppa!”, I exclaimed, tapping him hard on the shoulder, while at the same time his Manager scolded him, “ Jung Yong Hwa!”.

 

“Arasseo! Arasseo! I was just kidding! Sheesh!”, he answered, while laughing so hard that Cherisse got up from his chest and looked at him, wondering what all the shaking and the laughter was about this time.

 

“Oh, sorry, babycakes.. Just teasing, Mommy..”, he said to Cherisse, smiling, as he touched her nose.

 

Did he just call me ‘Mommy’?! – What, you don’t like it?! – Did I say that? – Yah! Seo Joo Hyun! Are you fal— – Shut it.

 

“Hyun! Hellooo?! Earth to Hyun! Come in, Hyun!”, said Yong Oppa, waving his good hand in front of my face, trying to catch my attention.

 

“Oh, uhhh did you say something, Oppa?”, I asked, embarrassed at being caught not paying attention.

 

“Hahaha! Hyung was asking you if you need anything else! Seo Joo Hyun, are you still thinking about taking a bath toge—”

 

“Yah! Yong Hwa Oppa! Stop it! Seriously!”, I said, irritated at myself for getting affected, not about the bath-thing, but of him calling me ‘Mommy’.

 

Focus, Seo Joo Hyun!

 

“And no, Manager Oppa.. That’s all we need for now.. Thank you..”, I said to Yong Oppa’s Manager, smiling.

 

“Yah, Yong Hwa-yah, you better stop it because Seohyun-ssi is getting red from anger..”, Manager Oppa warned, noticing me blush, but mistaking it for anger.

 

“That’s not anger, Hyung! She’s blushing! Ahahaha!”, Yong Oppa replied, reading me as if he’s known me all my life.

 

“Cham!”, was all I could say.

 

“What are you planning exactly, Yong Hwa-yah?”, Yong Oppa’s Manager suddenly asked, looking at his ward suspisciously.

 

“Yes, Oppa.. How are we going to ummm take a bath if Cherisse won’t take her hand off us even for just a second? We had a difficult time just brushing our teeth and washing our face earlier and I am not going to make her cry again any time soon..”, I added, worry creasing my forehead.

 

“I’m not going to make her cry, either.. No one will, Hyun.. Ever again. Over my dead body! She’ll be with us at all times—”

 

What?! With US at all times? Then that means.. Aigoo!

 

“—so don’t worry about her.. I have an idea.. That’s why I’ve asked for those things..”, he answered us with a twinkle in his eyes as he pointed at the list his Manager was holding.

 

“Are you sure it will work, Oppa?”, I asked, still in doubt.

 

“Do you really have to take a bath today? Why not just splash some perfume and be done with it.. I don’t think you guys would smell so bad if you skip taking a bath today.. I’m sure Cherisse will be back to normal tomorrow.. And if she doesn’t, stinking will probably be the answer to make her stop clinging to you two..”, Yong Oppa’s Manager babbled on while I nod my head, as stinking for 1 day sounds more acceptable to me than taking a bath with a man and a baby inside the bathroom with me. The thought made me shudder.

 

“Yah! Wait, wait, wait! Splash some perfume, Hyung?! And Hyun, did I just see you shudder? Yaaa.. Seriously.. Don’t you guys trust me?! Wow! That really hurts! Yaaa..”, he said, looking so disappointed and hurt.

 

“It’s not that, Oppa..”, I trailed off because I couldn’t quite articulate to him how I’m actually feeling right now as my thoughts keep contradicting what I’m feeling. And there’s so much he doesn’t know about me yet.

 

Yes, it is! Liar! – It is not! I TRUST him! I do! But I’m just scared of the thought of a man with me in the bathroom.. – But the man is HIM, Joo Hyun-ah.. It’s HIM.. I know we just met him, but we also both know that he’s different from every man we’ve ever met before.. He's, somehow, special.. And don’t you deny it! It’s all in here, in your head.. – I know.. Sighhh..

 

“I was merely giving a suggestion, Yong Hwa-yah.. Okay, if you really have an idea and you think it'll work, then fine.. I'll get these things you asked for..”, I heard Manager Oppa concede, looking at me apologetically, while I surrepticiously nodded at him as a thank you.

 

At least, he tried.. Thank you, Manager Oppa for looking after me even if it is against your own ward..

 

“I think it'll really work, Hyung.. Please trust me.. And if YOU BOTH think it doesn't, then we'll think of another way.. But for now, please trust me.. Hyun, please trust me..”, Yong Oppa said earnestly.

 

“I trust you, Oppa.. Honest.”, I replied, looking him straight in the eye. He nodded.

 

After making sure our things were all accounted for, Yong Oppa’s Manager took off to do his thing and buy us the stuff we asked for. He said that he’ll be back in an hour. Five minutes after Yong Oppa’s Manager left, our breakfast arrived. Yong Oppa was so hungry, he didn’t mind the pain on his right hand anymore and used it to dig in to his food, as he held Cherisse with his left.

 

We tried feeding Cherisse some of my goguma muffin and she ate it. Yong Oppa made her try some fruits, some she liked, while the others, she made a face, making us laugh. Then she pointed at a strawberry cupcake, which she admired first before finally plunging into it. She ate it as well, this time smiling a little after finishing it off. We were so happy, Yong Oppa and I high-fived each other, but groaned afterwards as he felt the throbbing pain in his hand, while I felt my bruise sting when I lifted my arm.

 

But seeing our baby smile was all worth the pain in the world.. Whoa, wait.. Did I just say ‘our baby’..? Interesting.. So glad I didn’t say it out loud, though, or Yong Oppa would have noticed it.. Although, I would have wanted to see how he’d react..

 

We rested for a while to let the food get digested first. While we waited for Manager Oppa to come back, we decided to give Cherisse a bath. Yong Oppa and I were starting to get the hang of working together without bumping each other much because of our injuries. It was as if we were reading each other’s minds. Adjusting to each other’s motions like magnets. In no time, we've prepared the things we'll need for Cherisse’s bath.

 

 

Bath time for Cherisse was enjoyable for us three. We let her play with the water in the tub, splashing it around. She seems to forget to cling to us when she’s happy, but as a result Yong Oppa and I were drenched in the process, but we really didn’t care. After she got tired of playing, we wrapped her in a warm, fluffy towel and brought her out to the bed. I let Yong Oppa put a diaper on Cherisse for the first time.

 

“I can do this! Fighting!”, he exclaimed as if he was about to make a speech in front of a crowd, or answer a puzzle that his life depended on. I chuckled.

 

After 3 ruined diapers, all of its re-sealable tapes detached and strewn all over the bed and floor, Yong Oppa was starting to lose confidence. I tapped him in the back, encouraging him. On the next try, he finally got the tabs attached on the decorated strip of the diaper, without pulling it completely off. Smiling triumphantly, he lifted Cherisse up so I could put her leggings on, but the diaper slowly slid down Cherisse’s legs. I started laughing, amused at his dejected face, as if he lost a game at the last second. I offered to take over, but he asked for another try. He said if he still fails, he'll give in and let me do it. I agreed and cheered him on. This gave him a renewed energy and I noticed a glint of determination in his eyes. This time he nailed it. He was so happy he started giving Cherisse what he calls ‘butterfly ppo ppos’ all-over the face, which made Cherisse giggle.

 

“Did you hear that, Hyun?!”, Yong Oppa turned to me with a surprised look on his face.

 

“Yes! She giggled!”, I said, looking amazed at Cherisse.

 

“And the Doctor said you’re listless, didn’t he, babycakes..? If he could see you now.. He’d be surprised, won’t he..? Yes, he will.. Oh yes, he will..”, Yong Oppa said, talking to Cherisse like he's a kid himself.

 

Ahhh, my two babies are so cute.. Eyng? What did I just say?! Yaaa! I think the Ice King shook me too much last night that I might have lost some screws.. I should schedule a CT scan with the Doctor when he comes back.. Haikkks!

 

Yong Oppa’s Manager arrived as we were tidying up after Cherisse was done getting dressed. I noticed him carry a large bag of what looked like papers into Yong Oppa’s room and came back to bring in 4 more large bags of stuff he left on the doorway, ranging from bags of diapers to play pens to rugs to what looked like a store mannequin’s parts.

 

“These are the things Yong Oppa asked for, Manager Oppa?”, I asked, eyeing the assorted things in the bags.

 

“Yes, Seohyun-ssi.. They’re all here..”, Yong Oppa’s Manager replied, taking things out from the bags.

 

“Perfect! Hyung, please help me set this up first before you go, okay?”, Yong Oppa requested from his Manager.

 

“Arasseo.. Just tell me what to do with these stuff..”, he agreed because he has no choice.

 

They brought in the things they needed inside the bathroom, while I followed them, carrying Cherisse who was clutching her Daddy’s fingers. Yong Oppa started instructing his Manager on what to do, while I just watched and kept quiet. After a while of shouting and criticizing his Manager from where we were standing, Manager Oppa started to notice.

 

“Yah! You said I’d only help! Not do EVERYTHING!”, he complained, sweat dripping from his forehead.

 

“Hyung, you know I’m injured—”, Yong Oppa said, lifting his right hand, “—and Cherisse won’t let me out of her reach..”, this time lifting his left hand, showing Cherisse’s hold on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter