Officially Yours

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jung Yong Hwa

“Oppa, are you done? Did you get everything you need..?”, I heard Hyun say, as I spaced out for what like the 10th time, and it was only 7 in the morning! I’m still occupied about the text message Ga Young sent me earlier. And frankly, now I’m torn between my promise to Ga Young about the red-glasses girl and Hyun.

 

Nice way to start a new month, Yong Hwa-yah.. Aishhh!

 

“Oh, uhhh yes, Hyun..”, I answered her distractedly, as I made my way back to them.

 

We were on our way out to go to Hyun’s clients who we met the day before. Apparently, she received an email from her company asking her to not resign yet, but instead gave her a few weeks off to think things over, which will be effective as soon as another project leader arrives in Jeju.

 

I hope it’s a girl because I can’t take anymore JERKs near Hyun and Cherisse.. – Competition, you mean.. – Yah!

 

Despite the fact that Hyun was still going to work, we were happy today because Cherisse has shown great improvement with regards to her separation anxiety. She seemed happier even, which we attributed to the attention she received last night from Hyun’s and my family.

 

“Are you all set? Should we go..? Hyung is waiting for us downstairs..”, I informed her as we made our way out. As usual, she looks so beautiful in her attire today even if she was dressed semi-casually.

 

 

It was a quiet way down while I was still pondering what to do to appease Ga Young and how to tell her that it was impossible to find the red-glasses girl now since I didn’t see her face clearly then and she couldn’t even remember her name anymore (she was 5 years old at the time and it’s been 20 years since it happened). I knew Hyun was starting to notice that something was amiss, but I couldn’t just tell her what’s going on and even if I do, I don’t know how I am supposed to go about it.

 

It’s not like I can just say : Sorry Hyun, but 20 years ago, I promised my 5-year-old cousin Moon Ga Young that I’d look for this girl who found her when she got lost, whose face I didn’t clearly see and whose name my cousin forgot, and you know, MARRY HER.. Oh, and by the way, that’s probably the reason why my cousin was cold towards you last night.. Gahhhhh!!!!

 

Ding!

 

“Yong Hwa-yah, over here!”, I heard my Manager call me from somewhere as soon as the elevator door opened. He was with a small man wearing all black who could pass for a bodyguard.

 

“Good morning, Manager Oppa, Ahjussi.. Say hello, Cherisse..”, I heard Hyun say, as soon as we were within ear-shot.

 

“Allo..1(Hello..)”, greeted Cherisse, smiling at them.

 

“Awww! Isn’t our baby so pretty today—”

 

“Hyung, she’s OURS, Hyun’s and mine alone.. You’re not included..”, I corrected my Manager.

 

“Yah! You’re so mean, Jung Yong Hwa! Fine! This is your VJ from WGM, Lee Moon Sik-ssi—”

 

 

“Ummm I thought it’s not final yet.. But we’re getting a VJ now?”, I asked, confused and worried that Cherisse and Hyun will be uncomfortable with a strange man around us.

 

“No, it’s not final yet, but it’s just the formalities, anyway.. The PD insisted that you have a VJ with you now because he’s worried he’s missing some important stuff that’s going on with you three.. Lee Moon Sik-ssi, this is Jung Yong Hwa-ssi and Seo Joo Hyun-ssi.. And this little cutie here is Cherisse..”, Manager Hyung announced, poking Cherisse gently on the tummy, which made her giggle.

 

“Hello, Sir.. Please just call me Seohyun.. I hope we get along well from now on.. Please take care of us..”, greeted Hyun, smiling at our VJ.

 

“Ahnyeonghaseyo.. I’m VJ Moon Sik.. I hope we all get along well, too.. Please be comfortable with me around, I will try not to intrude on anything beyond what the show needs from you and give you the utmost respect when it comes to your privacy.. And please know that I will also be here to protect you three in any way I can..”, our VJ declared, giving us a bow, which we returned.

 

“Moonie..”, Cherisse quipped, smiling at the man.

 

“No, baby.. It’s VJ—”

 

“It’s okay, Seohyun-ssi.. Let her call me that..”, VJ Moon Sik cut in, smiling back at Cherisse.

 

“Yong Hwa-yah, I got you a car.. It’s in the back of the hotel.. Moon Sik-ssi has finished putting cameras in it.. He has agreed to be your driver as well if you’re not able to drive because of Cherisse..”, my Manager informed me.

 

“Thank you, Sir.. I really appreciate that..”, I told our VJ, starting to like the man.

 

We walked to the car parked at the back, away from the prying eyes of tourists, reporters, and paparazzi. The car was tinted and equipped with a baby car-seat like I asked. At the back, inside the trunk, were a baby stroller and an electric water heater for Cherisse’s baby formulas, which made Hyun and I happy.

 

“Yong Hwa-yah, I can’t go with you today because I still have some more things to take care of, but I already told Moon Sik-ssi about what happened with Cho Kyu Hyun-ssi and showed him a picture of him.. He knows what to do.. He’s a trained bodyguard aside from being a veteran VJ for WGM so you’ll all be safe with him.. I specifically asked for someone like him as I don’t want your Mother getting mad at me again..”, Manager Hyung addressed me softly, while Hyun and Cherisse settled inside the car with the help of our VJ/bodyguard/driver.

 

“Thank you, Hyung.. Don’t worry I’ll put in a good word for you with Eomma..”, I chuckled because I knew he’s still reeling from last night’s encounter with my Mother.

 

“Really? Please do.. And contact me any time, okay?! With anything at all! I’ll hold my cell-phone all the time so I won’t miss anything! And Yong Hwa-yah? Take better care of the girls, please.. Don’t let them out of your sight—”

 

“Arasseo! Arasseo, Hyung!”, I reassured him as I got in the car.

 

“Bye, Manager Oppa and thank you.. We’ll see you later..”, Hyun addressed my Manager after opening her window.

 

“You’re welcome, Seohyun-ssi.. Bye, Cherisse.. I will see you all later.. Moon Sik-ssi, take care driving, okay? You have 3 precious cargos in the car with you..”, reminded Manager Hyung, to which our driver nodded in agreement before we started rolling out of the hotel premises.

 

We didn’t talk much in the car, I guessed both Hyun and I were very aware of the cameras catching our every move, but thankfully, Cherisse was being talkative. Once in a while, Hyun would laugh and translate the things Cherisse would say. It was about the things she heard during our conversation with our families, which was impressive considering she heard it in a different language and was now saying it in French.

 

When we got to the office by the beach again, VJ Moon Sik took two hand-held cameras with him. He caught the scene when Cherisse saw her ‘handsome Grandpa’ again. They bowed to each other, before Cherisse let out a giggle, calling the CEO of the company by her nickname of him, Grand-père beau.

 

We let Hyun’s clients know that we were filming for a TV show after introducing our VJ to them. There wasn’t much restriction aside from not filming the project plan which was understandable. Fortunately, it was only Hyun who was representing their company for the meeting because if the JERK was there, he’d probably say no to everything.

 

We stayed at the back of the conference room, near the glass wall with the breath-taking view of the beach. VJ Moon Sik was taking footages of Hyun commanding the attention of 5 grown men again, with one camera and the other was trained on me, feeding Cherisse her milk, while Cherisse played with my face like it’s made of clay.

 

“Yah, ba-byca-kes, sto-op it—”

 

“Hihihihihi—”

 

“You thi-ink it’s tha-at fun-ny, huh.. Cha-am! Waa-ait ‘tii-ill you’re donn-ne with your mi-ilk.. Youuu aaa-re so gon-nnna ge-et it!”, I tried to say while Cherisse continued to mess with my face, particularly my mouth.

 

“Aigooo, I think we need to take a break as Engineer Seo here can’t take her eyes off the two of you—”

 

Huh? Really?! Hehehehehe!

 

“Kim Sa Jangnim! I was just checking if Cherisse was okay..”, Hyun protested, turning beet red.

 

“She’s with her handsome and capable Daddy, of course, she’s okay.. Unless you’re saying Yong Hwa-ssi here isn’t—”

 

“Of course not, Park Gua Jangnim, I was just—”

 

“Arasseo, arasseo.. Let Engineer Seo off the hook before she turns any redder and before Yong Hwa-ssi hurts himself from smiling so widely..”, Kim Sa Jangnim interjected, making everyone else laugh including our quiet VJ.

 

Was I that obvious?! Eihhh! I don’t care anymore! At least, for once, it's Hyun who can’t take her eyes off me.. – He said ‘off the TWO of you’ not just you! – Yah! Aishhh!

 

The elders and Hyun had tea after Cherisse showered Hyun with her ‘butterfly ppo ppos’, then went back to me. Later, when they started with their meeting again, Cherisse and I decided to go to the porch, followed by VJ Moon Sik, who I saw placed one of his cameras near Hyun after getting her permission. I let Cherisse play around the porch while VJ Moon Sik guarded the stairs leading down to the beach to make sure Cherisse doesn’t accidentally fall.

 

“VJ Moon Sik-ssi, do you mind if we just call you Ahjussi? VJ Moon Sik-ssi is a mouthful..”, I asked, breaking the monotonous sound of the waves crashing on the beach.

 

“Moonie..”, Cherisse quipped again absentmindedly, looking through the glass wall at Hyun before proceeding with what she was doing before.

 

“Actually, why don’t you all call me Moonie Ahjussi..”, our VJ said, chuckling.

 

“Moonie Ahjussi it is, then..”, I agreed, laughing with him as we watched Cherisse play with the cushions she found on the porch.

 

After a few hours of entertaining myself and Cherisse, Hyun came out with our lunches followed by the men carrying their own lunches. At first, Moonie Ahjussi didn’t want to join us, but Hyun persuaded him, telling him he needed the energy to film us for the day. Although, I think it was her smile that actually persuaded him. After a while, I found our VJ actually enjoying himself, while still filming us with his small camera.

 

“Oppa, your family and mine are coming here for the weekend, right? Don’t you think it’s a good idea if we rent a transient house instead of checking in hotel rooms.. That way, we all get to be together in one house and we save on hotel bills..”, Hyun suggested.

 

Yaaa.. This lady is really something.. Practical and smart, as usual..

 

“That’s a great idea, Hyun.. Kim Sa Jangnim, do you know any vacation house we can rent around here? Our families are coming to visit us and a transient house sounded great for our big families..”, I asked the CEO.

 

“Say no more.. I have a beach-front house a few miles from here.. You can all use that.. It’s actually more suitable for you Yong Hwa-ssi as I imagine you need privacy because of your profession—”

 

“Eihhh, it’s Hyun who needs more privacy.. You don’t know how many men want to know—”

 

“—if I really used to be a man! Aishhh!”, she piped-in looking annoyed, while the rest of us exploded in laughter.

 

“You’re not, are you, Engineer Seo?”, asked one of the men, which halted everyone’s laughter.

 

“I really am not, Sir..”, she answered in low-tone, imitating a man’s voice, which made us laugh all over again.

 

This is what I really like about her.. She doesn’t have any airs or qualms making fun of herself.. She’s very down-to-earth, although she looks like a prin—nope, a queen.. A goddess, even..

 

“Kim Sa Jangnim, can we really rent your beach house? Aren’t you using it?”, I clarified after everyone’s laughter subsided.

 

“No, I didn’t say you can rent it—”

 

“No? Then—”

 

“—I said you can use it.. Rent free.. All I ask is for you all to take care of it and, this is an absolute must, fill it with love and laughter while you’re there.. As for using it, I’m staying in the guest house at the back, to oversee the project here.. Aside from me, the only other person who comes there, once in a while, is my Grandson.. But I don’t think he’d be there any time soon, so you’re free to use it as long as you want.. Treat it as your own house..”, Kim Sa Jangnim declared, smiling fondly at us.

 

“Really, Sa Jangnim? Wow! Thank you so much! We really appreciate it..”, Hyun proclaimed, deeply moved.

 

“Daebak! Thank you so much, Sa Jangnim! We’ll take care of it as if it were ours..”, I promised, standing up and giving him a bow because I felt really grateful. I noticed Hyun whispering to Cherisse, who nodded and slid off Hyun’s lap. She then tugged Kim Sa Jangnim’s jacket, who bent towards her.

 

Cherisse kissed him on the cheek and said, “Kam-sa-ham-ni-da, Grand-père beau..2 (Thank you, Handsome Grandpa..)”, who bowed and smiled at the CEO afterwards.

 

“Aigooo.. You’re very welcome, my beautiful sonnyeo3 (granddaughter).. Now, THAT was thank you enough for me..”, he beamed smiling widely, which made us all chuckle.

 

After a very nice lunch, Hyun and her clients went in to wrap-up the meeting. A few minutes more passed before Hyun came out, telling us we can go. I asked her if she’d like to walk on the beach again, she declined and instead suggested we visit the beach house Kim Sa Jangnim was letting us use. She was trying to act cool, but it felt like she was hurrying us along.

 

Hmmm.. I feel like something's going on that she’s not telling me..

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

Come on! Come on! Let’s go! Hurry!!!

 

I almost dragged Yong Oppa, who was carrying Cherisse, to the car. He was trying to say goodbye to Kim Sa Jangnim and the others, while I juggled some papers, my bag, and some of Cherisse’s things. If he was confused, he didn’t let me see it, nor did Moonie Ahjussi.

 

“Oh, Hyun! We forgot to take the house keys from Kim Sa Jangnim.. He told us to—”

 

“Okay, I’ll get it! Just strap Cherisse in her seat and start the car! I’ll be just a second!”, I almost shouted as I started to make my way back inside.

 

“I’ll go with you—”

 

“I’ll go with her, Yong Hwa-ssi.. I forgot my other camera inside anyway..”, I heard Moonie Ahjussi say, before he followed me back inside.

 

Okay, good.. He doesn’t say much anyway, which means it’s unlikely that he’ll start a conversation with the CEO.. And there will be no chance that Yong Oppa will cross path with—

 

“Seohyun-ie..”, I heard a voice say behind me.

 

—the Ice King.. Haikkks!

 

I didn’t turn around and just kept walking, hoping to find Kim Sa Jangnim soon so I can get the keys and get out of here, with or without Moonie Ahjussi, who I felt blocked the Ice King’s way towards me.

 

“Oh, Engineer Seo! I was hoping you’re still here.. You forgot the—”

 

“Yes, thank you again Sa Jangnim.. Please keep this between us, I would REALLY appreciate it..”, I cut him off, and hoped he got my drift not to say anything to anybody, especially the Ice King as he handed me the numerous keys to his beach house.

 

“Oh.. Yes, of course, my dear.. Go on ahead.. Tell your designated driver to drive carefully, okay? Take care now..”, he said, as I gave him the most grateful look I could convey. He nodded, understanding me.

 

I turned around after I said goodbye, looking straight and refusing to even look at the man I thought I knew, hoping against hope that Moonie Ahjussi was right behind me because I really didn’t want to leave him behind, when I felt a hand on my wrist.

 

“Seohyun-ie, please.. Talk to me..”, I heard the familiar lilt of the Ice King’s voice.

 

“Please don’t touch me.”, I said, surprised at the voice that came out of me. It sounded cold and calculating unlike the voice I usually have reserved only for him, but not anymore.

 

“You heard the lady. Please don’t touch her, Sir, if you still need your hand attached to your body.”, I heard Moonie Ahjussi say close behind me, as I felt the hand let go of my wrist.

 

“I just want to talk to her WITHOUT anybody interrupting! Is that so hard to ask?!”, I heard the Ice King exclaim in a frustrated manner.

 

“Then talk to her, AFTER you get her PERMISSION and WITHOUT touching her first. I think that’s simple enough and you don’t seem to be stupid enough NOT to understand that.”, Moonie Ahjussi said calmly, but coldly.

 

“Seohyun-ssi, does this man have your permission to talk to you?”, Moonie Ahjussi asked me.

 

“I have nothing to say to him, Ahjussi.. What’s done is done. Let’s just go, Cherisse and Yong Oppa—”

 

“There you go again with those TWO! Don’t you get it, Princess? You’re delusional! They’re not your family. They won’t be with you for long. They will abandon you soon enough. You’ll see. Meanwhile, don’t delude yourself and think that you’re married to that man and that you two have a kid. It’s not true, Princess. It will never be..”, he said, clearly pushing my buttons.

 

Don’t let his words get to you, Seo Joo Hyun.. Just stay calm..

 

“Watch me make it happen, Kyu Hyun-ssi.”, I hissed, still refusing to even glance at him. I held myself in check because this was neither the place nor the time to lose my temper.

 

“KYU HYUN-SSI?! Really??? Arghhh!!!”, was all the Ice King could say.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter