Papa Yong-Yong

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Horvejkul-Seo Mi Young

That went well..

 

“Hi, Mommy—”

 

“Huh? Hi, Honey! You’re home early.. Did something happen?”, I heard my husband ask as he came into view, blocking Nikhi from the bed.

 

“Why are YOU TWO here? What happened to your guy-bonding thing?”, I asked suspiciously back as my husband looked at me with one eyebrow arched, just like I knew I was doing.

 

“Oh, you know.. We uhhh got tired—”

 

“Of each other?”, I interjected.

 

“Yah! Of course not! Cham!”, he huffed as he inconspicuously nodded towards the huge walk-in closet to me.

 

Something MUST have happened..

 

Nodding back, I slowly walked towards the walk-in as he followed me after a few minutes.

 

“What happened?!”, I asked anxiously as soon as he came in.

 

“Shhh!”, he shushed me as he shut the door.

 

“So?”, I prompted.

 

“Ladies first! Why are you guys back so early?”, he asked me back as he crossed his arms in front of him and leaned on the closet island in the middle of the room.

 

“Aishhh! Cham! Arasseoyo! It’s huge, Honey! Like you have to see it to believe it!”, I announced as his eyes grew wide with curiosity.

 

“And?”, he asked after I paused.

 

“What? It’s your turn.. You said I should go first, so I did.. Now, it’s your turn..”, I declared casually, crossing my own arms in front of me.

 

Two can play at this game! Cham!

 

“Aishhh! Arasseo! The guys—fine—WE interrogated Yong Hwa-yah—”

 

“What?! Why?! About what?! His personal life?!”, I asked in alarm.

 

“Worse—his feelings towards Joo Hyun-ie—”

 

“Wow! You guys are brutal!”, I exclaimed.

 

“Actually, Sung Ri-ah started it—”

 

“That kid! Aigooo—”

 

“He was okay with it, actually—”

 

“Really—”

 

“He even confessed—”

 

“NO WAY! Seriously?! What did he say?!”, I asked restlessly.

 

“Oh, you know, the usual.. About how he misses Joo Hyun-ie and Cherisse even if they’re right beside him—”

 

“He said THAT—”

 

“—About how he’s so scared, especially for Joo Hyun-ie, to lose Cherisse and he can’t even talk about it with her—”

 

“Oh—”

 

“—About him being single—”

 

“You asked even that?! Whoaaa—”

 

“Of course, I have to ask that! You know I’m very serious when it comes to your sisters..”, he confessed, frowning.

 

“I know, Honey.. And I’m very thankful for that..”, I told him as I flashed him my eye-smile before I hugged him.

 

“Oh, by the way, did you know Yong Hwa-yah got into the entertainment business because of your sister?”, he informed me.

 

“Yes.. His cousins told us that—”

 

“What?! They did? When?”, he suddenly asked as he forced me to look up at him.

 

“Earlier.. At the beach..”, I answered casually as I slowly walked away from him.

 

“Yah, why did you guys come home early? Did something happen? What is this huge thing I have to see to believe that made you come home earlier than expected?”, he asked me one after another.

 

“Oh, it’s just outside the window—”

 

“It is?! What?”, he exclaimed as he ran towards the small window overlooking the beach.

 

“What am I looking at?”, he asked again after a minute of just looking outside as I tried not to laugh out-loud.

 

“You can’t see it?”, I drawled on as he shook his head.

 

“You can’t see that HUGE thing—”

 

“What huge thing? You mean the clouds—”

 

“Look again, Honey..”, I urged him.

 

“Those aren’t clouds? Oh, wait.. Are those—”

 

“Yep—”

 

“Daebak! Wait a minute! Yah, Mi Young-ah, that’s it?! That’s the reason—the huge thing that made you all come home?! The fog?!”, he exclaimed in disbelief after a moment of silence.

 

“What?! Isn’t that a huge enough reason for you.. Should we all just stayed there at the beach and bear that—”

 

“Well, I thought it’d be something like what we did to Yong Hwa-yah.. You know, asking Joo Hyun-ie about how she feels towards him—”

 

“Oh yeah, that, too..”, I supplied, intentionally turning my back to him so he wouldn’t notice my smile.

 

“Arasseo—wait! WHAT?! Yah, Seo Mi Young!”, he protested as I started laughing when I heard him call me by my maiden name which usually means he’s serious.

 

“Stop laughing! Yah! Aishhh! Tell me what happened or else—”

 

“You wouldn’t—”

 

“You know, I would—”

 

“Nick Khun Buck Horvejkul!”, I exclaimed as he mock-charged towards me.

 

Tell him! Tell him what happened! Now! – Eihhh! He’s bluffing! And what can he do to me? – Uhhh DUNK YOU ON THE TUB?! OR WORSE! THE TOILET! – He wouldn’t dare! – I don’t want to know! Just tell him!

 

“Okay! Okay! I’ll tell you! Just stay away from me—”

 

“Fine! We’ll see—”

 

“What do you mean—eihhh, arasseoyo! The girls, Min Hyuk-ie’s in-laws, asked Joo Hyun-ah a lot of personal questions—”

 

“And—”

 

“And, apparently, she finds him handsome—”

 

“Oh, really? What else—”

 

“And you know, the usual.. She still thinks she’s ugly—”

 

“Aigooo, Joo Hyun Cheoje—”

 

“I know—”

 

“What did the girls say about it?”, he asked, frowning.

 

“They tried their best to convince her she’s not—”

 

“And?”, he prompted.

 

“They failed, miserably.”, I informed him, sadly.

 

“Where’s everyone now?”, he inquired.

 

“In their rooms..”, I answered.

 

“Like the guys..”, he added, both of us went quiet afterwards.

 

“You’re keeping something from me, aren’t you?”, “I am not!”, “You are, too!”, we both simultaneously said at the same time, facing each other squarely.

 

 

Silence ensued as surprise came over us.

 

After all these years, we still know if we’re keeping a secret from each other or not!

 

“Yong Hwa-yah thinks he’s not good enough for Joo Hyun-ie—”

 

“Joo Hyun-ie thinks she’s not worthy of Yong Hwa-yah—”

 

“She does?!”, he asked while at the same I asked, “He does?!”, and together we both said “Aigooo..”, shaking our heads together.

 

“What are we going to do with those two?”, I asked my husband as I laid my head on his chest.

 

“Should we interfere, Mi Young-ah?”, he asked me in return as concern etched in his face.

 

“I don’t know.. Maybe we should let them be for the time being.. I think we’ll know when it’s time for us to meddle or not..”, I told him as he hugged me tightly.

 

“Mo—what are you guys doing?!”, we heard a voice ask from behind us.

 

“Yah! Don’t you know how to knock—”

 

“You’re not kissing, are you?!”, demanded another one, saying the word ‘kissing’ like it’s some kind of disgusting disease.

 

These kids! Cham!

 

“And what if we are—”

 

“EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW—”

 

“Eww?! What is wrong with me kissing your Mother?!”, my husband asked, hands on his hips.

 

“That’s just it! You’re kissing our MOTHER—”

 

“Hey, she’s your Mother, not mine—”

 

“Now, I’m picturing Daddy kissing Ỳā (Grandmother in Thai)! Ugh! Thanks a lot, Daddy!”, Mikhi exclaimed in disgust, as she walked-out of the walk-in closet.

 

“Yah!”, my husband protested, going after our daughter as Nikhi looked at me suspiciously by the door.

 

“What? What’s with that look?”, I demanded.

 

“You’re not waiting for Daddy to come back here, are you?”, he accused, arching one eyebrow at me as if I was his daughter, caught doing something I shouldn’t have.

 

“Wh-What?!”, I spluttered in exasperation.

 

“You heard me, Mommy! If you’re not going to use the bathroom then come out where we can see you—the both of you!”, he lectured me as my jaw dropped, unable to decide if I should laugh or strangle him.

 

Just laugh it off, Mi Young-ah.. I think your husband is still fond of your son! Cham!

 

TOK! TOK!

 

“It’s open.. Come in..”, I called out as my husband wrestled with our two kids on the bed.

 

“Eonni, I have some of your clothes with me..”, Yoo Na informed me as she came in with a basket of clothes, followed by her daughter and Yu Ri’s kids.

 

“Thanks, Yoo Na-yah.. Just put it here and I’ll fold it..”, I instructed her.

 

“Arasseoyo–oh, Eonni, we decided to just order out, is that alright?”, she asked as the other 3 kids joined my kids in the wrestling match they were having with their father.

 

“Of course—”

 

“Yah! No fair—”

 

“—do you need me to call—”

 

“No, Yu Ri Eonni’s taking care of that now..”, she interjected as she made her way to the door.

 

“Arasseo..”, I nodded.

 

“Yah, Rugrats, are you all staying here, then?”, Yoo Na called out when she realized her 3 companions weren’t following her out.

 

“Yes, Mommy/Mama Na-Na!”, they called back with muffled voices as my husband all had the 5 of them pinned on the bed.

 

“Submission!”, I heard my husband yell teasingly as the 5 kids struggled out of his clutches.

 

“No way!”, they all shouted back stubbornly, still struggling with all their might.

 

“Submission! Submission! Submission!”, my husband intoned in a sing song voice as he started tickling the kids one by one.

 

“TAP OUT! TAP OUT, DADDY/PAPA NICH! TAP OUT!”, they yelled in unison when they couldn’t take the tickling any longer.

 

“Ha! I am still the King!”, my husband declared in triumph over the kids squealing and screaming.

 

“Yah, King, come here and help me fold underwear..”, I told him as the kids started laughing.

 

“Yah! Aishhh! Arasseo..”, he conceded, giving me a lopsided smile as he sat opposite me and started folding obediently.

 

He may be the King, but I’m still his Queen.. – No doubt about that!

 

“Mommy?”, I heard Nikhi call me after a few minutes of them, the kids, just quietly talking to each other.

 

“Can we go out?”, he asked tentatively.

 

“Out? But there’s a fog rolling in, Nikhi—”

 

“No, I mean out of this room..”, he amended.

 

“And where will you go?”, my husband asked.

 

“Just around the mansion..”, Gi Na answered as the others looked at me hopefully.

 

“You know, this isn’t our house, guys.. Mama Joo-Joo will get in trouble if something gets broken..”, I explained to them.

 

“If you really wanna tour the mansion, then I’ll take you..”, my husband offered when he noticed their faces fell from disappointment.

 

“Can we go to the playroom—”

 

“But we already—”

 

“—instead?”, Nikhi finished what he was asking as he looked pointedly at Sunny for interrupting him.

 

So I’m not the only one annoyed when that hap— – Do you think others enjoy them, then? – Yah! What did I just say?! Cham!

 

“What do you think, Mi Young-ah?”, my husband asked, interrupting my thoughts.

 

“Well, Yu Ri-ah must still be ordering our food, so it won’t be here soon.. Hmmm—”

 

“Please, Mommy—”

 

“You’ll stay in the playroom—”

 

“Yes—”

 

“You’ll come when you’re called to eat—”

 

“Yes—”

 

“You’ll stick together—”

 

“Yes—”

 

“You’ll stay out of trouble—”

 

“Yes—”

 

“You’ll help us fold clothes—”

 

“No—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“The King’s already helping you—”

 

“Yah! Aishhhh—”

 

“Ahahahahaha—”

 

“Can we go? Pleaseeeeeeee—”

 

“Arasseo! Straight to the playroom! No detours! Got it?!”, I called out to them as they started to head for the door excitedly.

 

“We got it!”, they answered in unison as the door shut behind them.

 

“Should I walk them to the playroom?”, I asked my husband who was looking up at me, smiling.

 

“What? What’s with that look?”, I asked him suspiciously.

 

“Now that we’re alone—”

 

“What—”

 

“About the baby—”

 

“What baby—”

 

“Our third baby—”

 

“We have a third baby?!”, I asked, feigning innocence.

 

“We can make—”

 

“Make what, Hyungnim—”

 

“Yahhh! Don’t you know how to knock, In Guk-ah—”

 

“I get asked that A LOT today—”

 

“That’s our way of telling you to KNOCK first before you come in a room!”, my husband explained exasperatedly as I tried not to laugh.

 

“Arasseoyo—”

 

“Where are you going now?!”, my husband asked in confusion when my cousin just casually turned around and headed back out the door.

 

“To knock, Hyungnim—”

 

“But you’re already–AISHHH—”

 

“What is it you want, In Guk-ah?”, I interjected before my husband pulls out all his hair in frustration.

 

“Oh, Noona, I need the keys of the mansion.. The restaurant we ordered in are too busy to deliver our food.. They said they only have one motorcycle they use for delivery and it’ll take time before they get to us, plus the fog.. Oh, and apparently, it’ll take 5 trips to get all the food we ordered here—”

 

“So—”

 

“So we decided to just pick them up as soon as they’re ready—”

 

“But didn’t Manager Oppa, the yoo-mohs, and Moonie Ahjussi take the car? Is Yoo Na-yah taking you in the Coaster?”, I asked.

 

“Yes and no.. Manager Hyung has the car and Yoo Na Noona can’t drive such a big vehicle in the fog.. Already hard enough to drive the Coaster because of its bulk, but with the fog, it’ll be impossible—”

 

“Oh, right, the fog—”

 

“Then what do you need the keys of the mansion for?”, my husband prompted.

 

“We need to open the private garage.. I was talking to Kim Sa Jangnim earlier and he heard Chang Sun Hyung and Seung Gi Hyung arguing about transportation means in the background so he’s lending us a spare car..”, In Guk informed us with anticipation.

 

“I see—”

 

“What?”, my husband asked when In Guk wouldn’t stop staring at him.

 

“The keys, Hyungnim! I swear to God, you’re getting forgetful! When I’m your age, I hope I don’t lose my memory like you—”

 

“Yah! Cham! Wait here and I’ll get it!”, he snapped as I stifled my laughter and finished folding my family’s clothes.

 

After a while, all 3 of us were on our way to the kitchen where the rest were congregated.

 

“Did the restaurant call yet?”, In Guk announced as soon as we arrived.

 

“No, not yet—”

 

“Good! Come on, men! Let’s check out the garage! I heard Kim Sa Jangnim is a car enthusiast! I can’t wait to see what we’ll find in there!”, he declared excitedly as the other guys followed him out.

 

“Aigooo.. Boys and their toys.. Cham!”, Yu Ri commented.

 

“Where are the kids, Eonni?”, Yoo Na asked.

 

“In the playroom..”, I answered.

 

Hopefully..

 

“The girls? Still in their rooms—”

 

“Yes, Eonni.. So is Min Hyuk-ah, Soo Jung-ah, Joo Hyun-ah, and Yong Hwa-yah—”

 

“I saw Yong Hwa-yah take Cherisse out for a jog a while ago..”, Yu Ri interjected.

 

“Really? In the fog?”, I asked in disbelief.

 

“It’s clear enough to see now, Eonni..”, Yoo Na informed me as I looked out of the kitchen window.

 

“Okay.. Oh, by the way, did they tell you..?”, I asked cryptically.

 

“Yes.”, Yoo Na and Yu Ri both answered, sighing.

 

“What are we going to do with Joo Hyun-ah..”, I sighed in return.

 

“We can’t confront her.. She might panic—”

 

“EONNI! EONNI! EONNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII—”

 

Is that..? What is it now?!

 

 

 

 

Jung Yong Hwa

Fresh air! I wish Hyun is here with me and Cherisse..

 

“Daddy, swim!”, Cherisse exclaimed as I tried not to jostle her too much while I jog on the sand. There was a break in the fog and was clear enough to see around, but beyond the horizon, another stretch of white, dense mist was about to come in.

 

“Now? It’s going to be too cold, babycakes.. And look! The water’s too turbulent.. Not to mention it’s high tide.. Do you understand me? Brrrrrr!”, I told her unsure if she understood me.

 

“Daddy, swim!”, she said again, this time frowning.

 

“We will, babycakes! Soon! I promise—”

 

“Swim!”, she insisted.

 

Aishhh! Stubborn kid! I need a tactic..

 

“Don’t you want Mommy with us when go swimming?”, I asked her, dropping the M-bomb.

 

“Mommy?”, she asked distractedly.

 

“Yes, Mommy.. You know, the beautiful lady feeding you.. Taking care of you.. Cleaning your stinky poo..”, I told her, trying not to laugh.

 

“Poo? Oui! Mommy!”, she finally agreed.

 

“Now she remembers.. Cham!”, I said under my breath as I continued my slow pace.

 

As I followed the curve of the beach, I went past the beach chairs the girls used this morning until finally, the dock came into view. It was still a little foggy but I could swear I saw people standing at the edge of the wooden dock, looking down at the boats moored into it.

 

I was still a long ways away so I couldn’t see their faces, but I was sure that there were 4 or 5 of them. I picked up my pace a bit as a foreboding feeling came over me. What it is, I wasn’t sure. I kept my eyes on the silhouettes on the dock, counting them over and over again until I was finally sure that there were 5 of them. I kept heading in their direction, but no matter how much distance I travel, I can’t seem to close the gap between us. Then, to my horror, the 5 silhouettes on the dock sunk to the sea below as the floorboards gave way. Shrieks rang out, but were immediately drowned by the crashing of the waves on the beach floor.

 

“Opni..”, I heard Cherisse say somewhere around my chest as my heart started beating a mile a minute.

 

“No.. No way.. Why would they be here? It can’t be..”, I murmured, but I knew better, even before I realized who the 5 silhouettes were.

 

I started running at maximum speed, hugging Cherisse to me, hoping against hope that the people I just saw swallowed by the sea aren’t who I think they were. My heart sunk as a pair of terrified, familiar eyes settled on me.

 

“Nikhi..”, I breathed as the air in my lungs exited all at once as if someone punched me.

 

“Cherisse, want to go for a swim, right?! Swim?!”, I asked her, unable to look at her because I was keeping my eyes on the 5 who were struggling to swim while I ran for dear life.

 

“Oui! (Yes!)”, she quipped.

 

“Okay, let’s go for a swim!”, I said grimly as I tightened the straps of the carrier she was in around me.

 

“Can you take a deep breath for Daddy?! Like this.. Deep breath, Cherisse, deep breath!”, I instructed her, hoping she’s listening to me and doing as told as I surveyed the situation while I run. The nearest one I could go to was Mikhi and Gi Na. They were clinging to broken floorboards, but barely. Sung Ri and his sister, Sunny, were together but something was off about them. Nikhi was the farthest from me. He was fighting to keep his head up as long as he could but I knew it was a matter of time before he gets tired or swept off.

 

“Here we go, Cherisse! Deep breath!”, I reminded her as I closed the final gap between me and the dock.

 

May Hyun forgive me!

 

“Hold on to Daddy, babycakes!”, I shouted as I took a plunge in the sea, trying to make sure I don’t submerge her completely.

 

“Ahjussi! Ahjussi—”

 

“Ple-Please help us—”

 

“Mommy, Mommy—”

 

“I—I can’t hold on mu-much longer—”

 

“It’s okay, it’s okay.. I’m here.. I got you.. I’m here—”

 

“Ah-Ahjussi, I-I’m sorry.. I-I should ha-have—”

 

“It’s okay, Mikhi.. It’s not your fault.. It’s no one’s fault.. Now, reach for Gi Na-yah—”

 

“I’m-I’m scared—”

 

“I know.. I am, too.. But I can’t let Cherisse know.. We all can’t.. We don’t want her to cry, do we?”, I placated.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter