The Alibi

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Horvejkul-Seo Mi Young

Whoa.. Daebak.. Is that—

 

“Shin Hye-ah! What are you doing here?!”, Yong Hwa exclaimed in surprise as he stood up and went to meet THE actress, Park Shin Hye.

 

“Yong Hwa Oppa, it’s been a long time..”, she said, smiling as they hugged each other.

 

Whoa.. I guess they’re really close..

 

“Yong Hwa-yah..”, a voice tentatively called-out, claiming our attention.

 

“Yah! Hyung! Where have you been?! Do you know how much trouble you cost us tonight?! Who let you in, anyway?! Yah, GET OUT—”

 

“Oppa! He brought me here—”

 

“What?! So it’s his fault why you’re here when I specifically sai—”

 

“No, Oppa.. I MADE HIM and—”

 

“Hyung..”, Jong Hyun interrupted, stepping out of the shadows, revealing himself.

 

I didn’t even notice him come in.. He said he’ll just have a walk on the beach.. Did he pick up Manager Oppa and Park Shin Hye-ssi?!

 

“Yah, Jong Hyun-ah.. Where were you? I’ve been calling you.. The video..”, Yong Hwa trailed off, frowning.

 

“I know, Hyung.. I was just.. You know..”, Jong Hyun answered vaguely, as if he and Yong Hwa were having a different conversation from the one we were hearing.

 

These two cousins.. Cham! – You do that with your siblings, too, you know!

 

“I guess you saw the news, huh.. That’s why I had to go, Yong Hwa-yah..”, Manager Oppa cut in, looking tired, harassed, and troubled all at the same time.

 

“You couldn’t call first Hyung or maybe even send a text—”

 

“I tried to tell you, but you were busy—”

 

“Yes, I was busy trying to get back to my fa—to Cherisse and Hyun after performing—”

 

Was he going to say “my family”?!

 

“Oppa, this is NOT the time to argue—”

 

“But he left without even saying—”

 

“Then, why didn’t YOU call me—”

 

“Well, I’m sorry, Hyung, if I was busy trying to make sure my daughter doesn’t cry because we ended up starving her—”

 

My daughter..? Aigooo..

 

“You STARVED her?! Why would yo—”

 

“Because we ended up looking for you all over that enormous place—”

 

“Yah! Didn’t I tell you to take BETTER care—”

 

“I WAS, I AM, AND I WILL, Hyung! But because you suddenly disappeared—”

 

“You could have called me—”

 

“I already said we did! Jung Shin-ah kept calling you, but it’s either busy or can’t be reached—”

 

“Well, I was busy trying to SOLVE this problem—”

 

“And did YOU?!”, Yong Hwa snapped while our heads went back and forth between Manager Oppa and his ward like we were watching a tennis match.

 

“No, because you won’t consider Shin Hye-ssi’s suggestion!”, Manager Oppa retaliated.

 

What suggestion?!

 

“Yes, Oppa, I’m giving you per—”

 

“I already said NO, what part of that don’t you, guys, understand?!”, Yong Hwa cut in, looking exasperated.

 

“Hyung, there’s no other way—”

 

“Yah, Jong Hyun-ah, are you seriously allowing this—”

 

“Why wouldn’t he allow it?! It’s not like his decision is the only one that matters—”

 

“When did I say that—”

 

“Yah, yah—”

 

“Can we just—”

 

“But—”

 

“Aherm! Yong Hwa-yah, why don’t you ask your guest to come in and sit down first..”, my husband cut in, reminding the four who were busy arguing with each other that there were other people around besides them.

 

“Oh, uhhh yes, Hyungnim..”, Yong Hwa agreed, looking surprised at all of us staring back at them. He and Jong Hyun guided Shin Hye in to meet us as if she’s made of delicate porcelain and could break at any time.

 

Hmmm.. Interesting..

 

I glanced at Joo Hyun beside me. Like everyone else, we were all standing, waiting for the new arrival to get properly introduced. She was looking at Yong Hwa, Jong Hyun, and Shin Hye, but I couldn’t read her emotion at the time.

 

“Ummm Everyone, this is Park Shin Hye-ssi..”, Yong Hwa announced as soon as they were close enough for everyone to hear. One by one we all introduced ourselves, including Joo Hyun who introduced herself simply as Seohyun, her “professional” name.

 

“Hello.. Nice to meet you all..”, she greeted us, bowing and smiling so beautifully she’s almost glowing.

 

 

Wow! I’ve never met a Hallyu Star before! Her skin is so flawless! And there’s something about her.. Hmmm.. Something I just can’t put my finger on.. What is it..?

 

“Please have a seat and be comfortable with us.. We’re all family here..”, I greeted back as I flashed her one of my eye-smiles.

 

“Thank you, Eonni.. Please be comfortable with me, too..”, she replied as she sat down where Ga Young was sitting, who was now sitting between me and Joo Hyun, effectively, making my husband sit on a stool beside the love-seat we were occupying. Jong Hyun sat himself on the floor beside Shin Hye, while Yong Hwa sat next to her on the other side, looking at her as if in wonder.

 

“Yong Hwa-yah.. Ummm Hello? Yong Hwa-yah? Yah, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi!”, Yoo Na called-out but to no avail because he was too busy staring at Shin Hye.

 

Aigooo..

 

“Oppa..”, Shin Hye, who was talking quietly with Jong Hyun, stopped and called Yong Hwa’s attention when she realized Yoo Na was calling him.

 

“Huh? Yes, Noona?”, he suddenly stood up, eyes wide as he went to see what Yoo Na wanted.

 

I glanced again at Joo Hyun, she and Ga Young were immersed in a quiet conversation of their own, so I looked at my husband who returned my gaze, frowning. I knew he was trying to be patient with what’s going on, to see what else would happen and if there’s an explanation for it. But I also knew how fiercely protective he is with my siblings, especially our single maknae, Joo Hyun. When we found out about Joo Hyun’s bruises the night we had our usual monthly chat, he couldn’t sleep afterwards, knowing that he, for once, didn’t do what my parents asked of him the day he asked them all for my hand in marriage. He only forgave himself the minute he personally saw how happy Joo Hyun was with Yong Hwa and Cherisse.

 

Until now, that is..

 

After a few minutes, Yong Hwa returned with different kinds of food and placed it on the table in front of Shin Hye, urging her to eat.

 

“I’m not hungry, Oppa.. I’m thirsty though..”, she informed him while Jong Hyun started eating what Yong Hwa brought for Shin Hye.

 

Oh, Jong Hyun-ah.. Cham!

 

“Eihhh.. At least, eat something..”, Yong Hwa urged then added, “What would you like to drink?”

 

“Cola..”, Shin Hye answered.

 

“No cola..”, Yong Hwa replied, frowning.

 

“Coffee, then..”, Shin Hye amended her answer.

 

“Nope.. Try again..”, Yong Hwa suggested, shaking his head in disagreement.

 

“You don’t have coffee? But—”

 

“No, we don’t.. We just run out..”, Yong Hwa cut in abruptly, taking away his own cup of coffee from the table in front of Shin Hye.

 

“Cough! Cough! Cough! Cough!”, Manager Oppa almost choked on his coffee as he made a sudden about-face when he heard Yong Hwa tell Shin Hye that we didn’t have coffee.

 

What was that about? We have a gallon of coffee in the kitchen!

 

“But—”

 

“It’s either JUICE or WATER, take your pick..”, he insisted as we all surreptitiously eavesdropped on their conversation. Even Ga Young and Joo Hyun stopped talking long enough for them to hear what was being said.

 

“Aishhh! Water, then! You’re even worse than him!”, Shin Hye answered frustratedly as she took one of the sandwiches on the table, while Yong Hwa smugly trotted to the food table to get some water.

 

Him? Does she mean Jong Hyun-ah? But he’s not even saying a word..

 

Jong Hyun shook his head as if to answer my question and then smirked like he knew something we don’t. Yong Hwa then returned with Shin Hye’s water, smiling widely when he noticed Shin Hye eating a sandwich.

 

“Shin Hye-ah, did you come directly from Seoul?”, Yong Hwa asked as soon as he sat down facing her again, as if he’s compelled to do so.

 

 

“Yes, Oppa.. I was actually planning on coming here next week, but I decided to come earlier because as I’ve said, I have evidence—”

 

Oh, right.. She said earlier she has evidence.. Wonder what it is.. And why is Yong Hwa-yah so against it..

 

“No! No! You are NOT dragging yourself into this—”

 

“There you go again, Oppa—”

 

“But Yong Hwa-yah, we need her..”, Manager Oppa cut in, pleading.

 

“Yah, Hyung, you’re my MANAGER! You’re supposed to be the one handling this, not Shin Hye-ah!”, Yong Hwa snapped.

 

“I know and I’m trying my best.. Honest! I called everyone else I could think of BEFORE I called Shin Hye-ssi.. She's our last resort—”

 

“No! I’m not allowing it! Yah, Jong Hyun-ah, say something! Or, at least, back me up on this!”, Yong Hwa ordered Jong Hyun who seemed to be lost in thought.

 

What has Jong Hyun-ah got to do with this..?

 

“We already told you he’s okay with it, Oppa.. You’re not listening!”, Shin Hye observed frustratedly.

 

“What?! Seriously?! Yah! Lee Jong Hyun! I kept this quiet for so long and this is how you thank me?! For Pete’s sake, I DANCED in front of Hyun’s—”

 

Oh, he remembers our maknae now?! Cham!

 

“—and our family tonight—”

 

“WHAT?! You didn’t, Yong Hwa-yah!”, Manager Oppa exclaimed in horror.

 

“He did, Manager Hyung..”, my husband confirmed while everyone else nodded.

 

“Oh, my God! You must have been—OH, MY GOD, YONG HWA-YAH!”, Manager Oppa cried out, looking devastated in behalf of his ward.

 

“ARGHHH! Huhuhuhu!”, Yong Hwa exclaimed, mock-crying again, remembering what happened earlier when he confessed to us about his horrific dancing.

 

“Eihhh! It’s not that bad, Oppa—”

 

So she knew about his secret, yet Joo Hyun-ie didn’t?! Aigooo..

 

“—I keep telling you, you just need to learn some basic moves..”, Shin Hye advised as she rubbed Yong Hwa on the back, comforting him.

 

Omo..

 

I looked at Joo Hyun just in time to see her frown for a millisecond then wipe it off as if it never happened. I could almost hear the gears in her mind working overtime. I looked at Yu Ri and Yoo Na, standing just a few feet behind where I was sitting, they nodded at me and mirrored in their faces were the same worried look I’m currently donning.

 

What are you thinking, Seo Joo Hyun..

 

 

 

Jo Han Chul

Oh my God! Poor Yong Hwa-yah.. And I wasn’t even with him when he endured that embarrassment.. It must have been AWFUL! My poor Yong Hwa-yah.. What kind of a Manager am I?! I think I deserve getting hanged for this, just as Eommonim said..

 

“Now that they know, you don’t have any other choice, Hyung..”, Jong Hyun quietly said.

 

“Yah! I said no—”

 

“But Yong Hwa-yah—”

 

“No! I'd rather DANCE on LIVE TV—”

 

Omona! He’s really against it if he’d rather dance on live TV!

 

“Oppa! Why are you fighting us with this?! This will help you—”

 

“What is ‘this’ that you’re talking about, exactly..?”, Mi Young suddenly asked after staying quiet all this time while the others looked on with curiosity.

 

I guess they’re all curious.. The question is, will Yong Hwa-yah tell them..?

 

“Noona, I’m sorry, but—”

 

“No, Oppa, it’s okay.. You can tell them.. You owe them the truth.. You’ve already showed them how you dance, that’s half of it already—”

 

“The other half is what I’m having a problem with—”

 

“But we just said yes.. We just gave you permission—”

 

“But it will affect you, Shin Hye-ah—”

 

“Eihhh.. It was ages ago, Oppa—”

 

“Right, it was ages ago so why bring it up now..? And for what—”

 

“For you, Oppa.. For your name that doesn't deserve the mud it’s taking.. Because you didn't do what THAT GIRL said you did! I should have taken her down when I had the chance—”

 

“Yah! Park Shin Hye—”

 

“Well, it’s true, Oppa.. If I had back then, you wouldn’t be having any problems with your reputation now—”

 

“My reputation? What about yours, especially now..”, Yong Hwa asked, worriedly.

 

“You're worried about my reputation when your future is at stake?!”, Shin Hye asked incredulously, glancing briefly at Seohyun.

 

“My future? What do you mean? It all happened in the past, so what’s it got to do with my future? In a few months, everybody will forget this.. We just have to ride it out and ignore it—”

 

Aigoo! I guess he hasn’t seen the latest news!

 

“Ummm Yong Hwa-yah, can I talk to you in private for a second? I have to t—”

 

“Yong Yong Oppa! Imo’s on the phone, crying! I think you better talk to her..”, Eun Ji suddenly interrupted, handing over a cell-phone to her cousin.

 

Oh my God! Eommonim!!! I am dead!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter