You’re Mine.

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

“I used to be a MAN?! What the heck! Grrrr!”, I muttered under my breath, fuming because I overheard Jung Shin telling a man I didn’t even know.

 

“I know I’m not pretty, but to tell people that I used to be a man was too much! No wonder he kept looking at my neck! He’s probably trying to see my Adams apple!”, I said, still muttering under my breath, when suddenly the man sitting next to me started coughing like he was choking a laugh or something.

 

Huh?! He couldn’t have heard me, could he?! He has earphones stuck in his ears! Unless it's not on.. Aishhh! I don't care anymore!

 

I couldn’t see his face, but he must have seen my furious face because he went quiet after a few seconds. Then I got distracted when I remembered Jung Shin tried to explain to me why he said what he said. But for some reason, he couldn’t articulate what he wanted to say. He kept blaming me about being pretty but clueless, which made me even madder. First, I thought he was complimenting me and the next thing I know, he’s throwing me under the bus with the word ‘clueless’. I was so mad, I left them at the security screening as soon as I finished.

 

They found me near our boarding gate, but had to take seats a little too far off as I intentionally took the seat where they wouldn’t be able to join me coz it was the last seat available. I felt the two men watching me all the time. Sometimes Jung Shin would come over and ask me to sit with them, who I promptly ignored and just continued reading my book.

 

An hour before our flight, there was a commotion at one of the gates. The Ice King went over to investigate and later walked towards me with two other men. I felt something serious was going on, so I stood up to meet them. The Ice King went on to tell me that a little girl was missing somewhere in the airport and needed help in relaying the message in different languages through the airport sound system so more people could have an eye out for her. The airport employs translators, but were currently busy helping thousands of foreign passengers reach their flights in time. I agreed to do it as it was the least thing I could do to help.

 

I hastily asked the man who was sitting quietly next to me if he could look after my things for a little while, as Jung Shin was looking after his and the Ice King’s things a little way off. He nodded in return. The Ice King, who decided to come, and I were escorted to the airport information center. I announced, in several different languages, the information about the girl who was missing and asked everyone to look for her. I came back to my seat when I was done and thanked the gentleman who watched over my things.

 

 

 

Jung Yong Hwa

Do not spook her.. Do not spook her.. Don't talk, just nod..

 

After agreeing to her request by nodding my head, the next thing I knew her voice comes through the sound system loud and clear, informing everyone that a little French-American girl was lost in the airport. She proceeded to describe her, the clothes she’s wearing, where she was last seen, and what to do and where to take her in case she’s found. She repeats it twice more and then translates it to several other languages like Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian, Spanish, and several other dialects including Korean.

 

Whoa, daebak! She’s a genius! She speaks Korean AND other languages! I’ve only heard her speak in English before she made the announcement.. Let's see.. She plays the piano well.. She’s clearly intelligent.. And kind.. Not to mention, beautiful.. I wonder what else..? Is there anything ordinary about her..? I doubt it.

 

She came back after the announcement and thanked me for looking after her things. I decided to talk to her before she gets lost in her book again. When my Manager got busy talking to the WGM staff, I took my scarf off but put on my aviator glasses and made sure that my baseball cap was still low on my face just in case I scare her off again, if and when our eyes meet. I reminded myself to take it slowly with her, make her comfortable first before I introduce myself. I was worried I’d chase her off again. I glanced at her, and noticed she wasn’t reading anymore, but looked deep in thought.

 

Probably worried about the little girl..

 

I was about to strike a conversation with her when one of the 3 men who went with her earlier in the information office came back with a bottle of water.

 

“Princess, are you alright? Here drink this.. You must be thirsty after that lengthy announcement.”, said the man, handing over the bottled water, which she accepted after scowling at him first. When his fingers touched hers, I suddenly felt a pang of pain somewhere inside me. I couldn’t pinpoint where it actually hurt as there wasn’t really a certain spot, but rather it hurt inside me as a whole. It was confusing.

 

So her name’s ‘Princess’?

 

“Thank you. I’m alright. I hope they find her soon.. The parents..”, she trailed off, clearly upset about something she didn’t include in the announcement she made. The man kneeled in front of her and held her free hand, squeezing it. I turned away coz I couldn’t watch them anymore. I really thought I would burst out into flames at that moment.

 

I heard him convince her again to sit with them, but she refused and said they’ll be sitting together soon enough in the plane anyway. He left soon after, taking his seat with their other companion, who looked familiar to me. Both their eyes were still on her, but since, we were out of earshot, I decided to make my move.

 

Sitting forward but keeping my head down, I asked, talking in Korean, “How did the girl get lost in the first place, Miss?”

 

She was a little bit startled when I spoke, but then answered me like I knew she would, coz she’s a polite person and obviously cares for the missing girl.

 

“It’s a little bit long and complicated story, so please bear with me, Sir..” she continued, not looking at me even once.

 

“The family was going home to France after vacationing here for a week.. The little girl’s father was feeling faint and a little bit nauseous while waiting for their flight.. That’s why they were one of the last ones to board.. They thought he was just tired.. The Mother decided to put their little girl in her stroller, so she can help her husband board the plane.. She then asks one of the stewardesses to push the stroller in, but accidentally, the stroller rolled back just beyond the bend of the jetway where the Stewardess couldn’t see unless she walks down to it.. The Stewardess was on her way to the bend to look when she saw a similar stroller already being pushed in to the plane, so she thought someone else must have done it for her.. When they were seated, the Mother saw the same stroller, so she thought her daughter was in it and asked another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter